Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Didier Drogba: Looks set for Chelsea exit
    DROGBA LOOKS SET FOR CHELSEA EXIT

    Didier Drogba's agent has revealed he has snubbed Chelsea's offer of a one-year contract extension and vowed to "go where he is offered the most money" after turning down a loan move to AC Milan.
    The 33-year-old Ivory Coast striker looks increasingly set to walk away from Stamford Bridge for nothing when his contract expires next summer.
    And his agent, Thierno Seydi, is weighing up lucrative options including possible moves to America, Russia or Asia.
    "Didier has had the offer of a one-year extension from Chelsea. That does not suit us," Seydi is quoted as saying by The Sun.
    "We know what we want, where we want to go and what offers we have.
    "AC Milan came in for Didier on loan with an option to buy but I said 'No' straight away. Their offer did not interest us.
    "At Didier's age, he has nothing left to prove as a player. He will go where he is offered the most money.
    "It could be the United States, Russia, Qatar or somewhere else in Asia. Once you are well into your thirties you have to go to a club where you can be certain you'll be able to pay your bills.
    "LA Galaxy are a possibility among many others. He has been linked with Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia, as they pay well. But neither Didier nor I have had an offer from them."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Giovanni Trapattoni: New deal signed
    TRAPATTONI SIGNS NEW REPUBLIC DEAL

    Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni has agreed a contract extension which will run until the 2014 World Cup.
    The Football Association of Ireland have rewarded the Italian coach for his recent success in securing the Republic's place at next summer's Euro 2012 finals following victory over Estonia in their qualification play-off.
    "I am very happy to continue my job with the FAI," said Trapattoni, whose assistant Marco Tardelli has also signed a new deal.
    Trapattoni, who will travel to Kiev for Friday's Euro 2012 ahead of the tournament in Ukraine and Poland, said: "I have always said that Marco and I believe very strongly in the work that we are doing to grow and develop the Irish team.
    "It is a huge honour and a privilege to represent the Irish team and we look forward to continuing this important task."
    Trapattoni's deal will again be part-funded by businessman Denis O'Brien, who played a significant part in the FAI's original acquisition of the former European Cup winner.
    FAI chief executive John Delaney said: "On behalf of the FAI board of management, we are very happy to agree a contract extension with Giovanni Trapattoni and his team of Marco Tardelli and Fausto Rossi.
    "They have done fantastic work with the squad, bringing us to qualification for a major tournament for the first time in 10 years, increasing our world ranking to 21st and introducing many new players for the future. Giovanni's experience, professionalism and achievement in qualifying for EURO 2012 has impressed everyone including the players and the FAI board.
    "The FAI board of management are particularly grateful to Denis O'Brien for his continuing contribution which gives the Irish team and supporters the benefit of Giovanni's services into the next World Cup campaign."
    The Italian's brief had been to steer the national team to the Euro 2012 play-offs, which he achieved before securing the Republic's first appearance at a major finals for a decade with a 5-1 aggregate win over Estonia.
    The 72-year-old said after the play-off success: "I have said I think we deserve a new agreement, Marco and myself. We are now happy with the squad. We find new players in almost every game.
    "We have done what we were asked to do by the FAI and the Irish people. They chose us for this reason and I think we have given the perfect answer with qualification."
    The Italian and his staff have previously taken two pay cuts with Ireland's financial difficulties biting hard, and there had been speculation that a significantly reduced package could be on the table.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Baba Diawara: Back on Celtic's radar
    CELTIC TO MONITOR BABA DIAWARA

    Celtic boss Neil Lennon has admitted he could revive his interest in Maritimo striker Baba Diawara when the transfer window opens in Janaury.
    Diawara came close to a move to Glasgow in the summer, but work permit issues saw the move fall through with Celtic signing Mohamed Bangura instead.
    Diawara has impressed with Maritimo this season and is currently top scorer in Portugal with nine goals in 10 games.
    Lennon is continuing to keep tabs on the 23-year-old and is now weighing up a new bid for the Senegal hitman in January.
    "We are going to have a look," said Lennon. "He is doing well in Portugal, but it might just be a different type we are looking for, more physical."
    Maritimo chairman Carlos Pereira has admitted he would consider selling Diawara for the right offer in January.
    "Celtic are interested and we are waiting to see what happens," Pereira told the Daily Record. "I would like to keep Baba because he is the top scorer in the league and is doing very well.
    "But I accept he may leave in January and there are a number of clubs who are interested in his services.
    "If Celtic want to talk again about Baba, I don't have a problem with that. Business is business and we are waiting to see if there is any to be done.
    "There is plenty of time before the window reopens, so there is no rush."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    James Tomkins: Linked with QPR move
    WEST HAM HOPE OVER TOMKINS

    Sam Allardyce is hopeful defender James Tomkins will sign a new contract at West Ham.
    The 22-year-old has two-and-a-half years left on his current deal, but West Ham are looking to extend that still further to ward off potential interest.
    Queens Park Rangers are reported to be one of a number of Premier League clubs checking on the England Under-21 international.
    But Allardyce is keen to see Tomkins stay at Upton Park.
    "James is not one of those running short of a contract term. It still has about two-and-a-half years to run.
    "We've been negotiating with him and will continue that in January. I am optimistic.
    "We can ill afford to lose any players at this stage of the season."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Ryan Bennett: On Manchester United's radar
    MAN UTD INTERESTED IN RYAN BENNETT

    Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson has claimed his father, Manchester United manager Sir Alex, is interested in defensive starlet Ryan Bennett.
    England Under-21 international Bennett joined the Posh from Grimsby Town in 2009 and has emerged as one of the Championship's most promising defenders.
    Darren Ferguson told Posh TV: "I spoke to my dad and he likes Ryan Bennett, always has. I can understand the interest.
    "It's no secret that a lot of clubs are looking at Ryan. I'm staying silent on who exactly is interested, but unless we get a massive offer there is no way the chairman would sell.
    "We'll ignore the speculation and get on with our jobs. Ryan is a sensible lad who won't be affected by any of the speculation."
    Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony also suggested on Twitter that Manchester United were in the hunt.
    "Had an interesting chat with gaffer. Seems his 'pops' could be in the mix with other clubs for a certain player," he Tweeted.
    "But Posh has never been a selling club under me unless it's what's needed so relax all!"

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Owen Coyle: Won't be splashing the cash
    NO SPENDING SPREE FOR BOLTON

    Bolton manager Owen Coyle admits he will not be buying his way out of trouble in January.
    Wanderers have been stuck in the bottom three of the Barclays Premier League virtually all season.
    But unlike other clubs who find themselves in trouble around the turn of the year, Coyle cannot rely on a spending spree to provide the necessary boost and will most likely look for more loan signings to freshen things up.
    "I've not had money anywhere I have been before," he told the Bolton News.
    "I came to the club two years ago, second-bottom of the league, and never spent a penny.
    "We had to be inventive bringing in Stuart Holden, Jack Wilshere and Vladimir Weiss.
    "If you don't have money, then there are ways and means of improving your team.
    "If we do have the luxury of spending money, then great, but it's not something I'm beating myself up about.
    "Whatever hand you are dealt you make the best of it.
    "I'm at a fantastic club with great people and we all have to make sure we get ourselves out of the dangerous area we're in."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Habib Beye: Wants to stay at Doncaster
    BEYE KEEN FOR DONCASTER STAY

    Habib Beye says he would like to stay at Doncaster beyond his three-month loan deal and for the rest of the Championship season.
    The Senegal international, who has made just seven Premier League starts in three seasons for Aston Villa, helped Dean Saunders' men to only their third clean sheet of the campaign in the 0-0 draw with Watford on Saturday.
    Beye's loan deal with Rovers is set to expire in January, but the 34-year-old defender admits he is happy to stay in a lower division for the chance to play more first-team football.
    "I think I will be here all season because I don't want to go back to Villa," said Beye.
    "Unless Doncaster kick me out, then I will be here all season. I didn't play at Villa for whatever reason, but I try to move on and coming to Doncaster is a good opportunity for me.
    "You shouldn't be ashamed to drop down a level to get your career back on track."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Nzonzi: Three match ban
    NZONZI BANNED FOR THREE MATCHES

    Blackburn midfielder Steven Nzonzi has been banned for three matches after accepting a Football Association charge of violent conduct.
    The 22-year-old Frenchman appeared to catch Stoke's Ryan Shawcross in the face with an elbow in the ninth minute of Rovers' 3-1 defeat at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.
    Referee Mark Halsey did not see the incident at the time but it was caught on video and that prompted the charge.
    "The Rovers midfielder has accepted the FA charge and his ban will start immediately, making him unavailable for tonight's Carling Cup quarter-final at Cardiff and the two upcoming league games at home to Swansea and away to Sunderland," said a statement from Blackburn on Tuesday.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Danijel Pranjic: Believes he may soon move
    PRANJIC EXPECTS BAYERN EXIT

    Danijel Pranjic has revealed his desire to remain at Bayern Munich but believes his days at the club are numbered.
    The Croatian midfielder moved to the Allianz Arena from Heerenveen in 2009 and was initially a regular starter for the Bundesliga giants.
    However, he has fallen down the pecking order under Jupp Heynckes and has made just one appearance this season.
    Bayern have repeatedly stated over the past few weeks that nobody will be bought or sold when the transfer window reopens in January and Pranjic would love to stay.
    He is desperate to be playing, though, and expects to be on his way to a new club in the near future.
    "I am a player of Bayern Munich, but I need to play regular first-team football," Pranjic told kicker-Sportmagazin.
    "I would really like to stay on, but the season works out to be very difficult for me. My farewell (from this club) is nearing."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-11-11

    Papiss Demba Cisse: Linked with Bayern Munich
    BAYERN LINKED WITH CISSE

    Bayern Munich are reported to have opened talks with Papiss Demba Cisse, and his agent admitted in theory a move to the Allianz Arena could happen.
    Cisse has been targeted by a host of Premier League clubs over the past six months - but now it appears the Senegal striker could remain in Germany.
    Bayern have witnessed Cisse score eight goals in 14 starts this season for Freiburg, and they are believed to be lining him up to replace Ivica Olic.
    Cisse's agent has now admitted that a move to Bayern could happen, in theory, although he said his client was committed to Freiburg and was looking forward to the African Cup of Nations.
    "Papiss is fully motivated playing for Freiburg and he has his mind on fighting the drop as well as keen to play at the Africa Cup Of Nations this January," Guido Nickolay told Bild.
    "Bayern Munich could however buy him this January and let him see out the season with Freiburg then. Of course, this is just theory."

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 31-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 31-08-2011, 20:04:52
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 31-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-05-2011, 13:33:25
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 30-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-05-2011, 23:27:55
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 29-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-05-2011, 20:12:48
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 28-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 19:45:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •