Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 07-12-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 07-12-11

Latest Transfer Update at 07-12-11

Edin Dzeko: Has been linked with January move
    DZEKO TO JUVE RUMOUR DENIED

The agent of Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko has rubbished reports suggesting his client would be interested in a move to Juventus.
    The Bosnia international made a flying start to the 2011/12 campaign, netting six times in City's opening three matches of the Premier League season.
    He has gone off the boil somewhat since, with Sergio Aguero and Mario Balotelli having outshone him in the scoring stakes of late.
    It had been suggested that Dzeko could be tempted to move on in January, just 12 months after his arrival at the Etihad Stadium.
    City spent big to lure him away from Wolfsburg, but reports claimed the 25-year-old may be willing to start afresh elsewhere.
    A switch to Juventus has been touted, with Dzeko said to have discussed a move to Turin with his former Wolfsburg colleague Andrea Barzagli.
    His representative has, however, dismissed the speculation and insists the frontman has no plans to turn his back on City.
    "I know news has been circulating that there have been telephone conversations between Dzeko and Barzagli, but it is not possible to negotiate," Irfan Redzepagic told tuttomaercatoweb.com.
    "Juventus cannot negotiate and neither can Inter or AC Milan. Edin is happy in England and at City he has everything that he wants."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-12-11

Roman Pavlyuchenko: No deal done
    PAVLYUCHENKO DEAL NOT DONE - AGENT

Roman Pavlyuchenko's agent has denied reports the Tottenham striker has agreed a deal to join Lokomotiv Moscow in the January transfer window.
    The Russia international has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane in the New Year after making just two substitute appearances in the Premier League this season.
    He has previously expressed concern about his situation at Spurs, with Emmanuel Adebayor, Jermain Defoe and Rafael van der Vaart all ahead of him in Harry Redknapp's plans.
    Speculation had claimed Lokomotiv have already lined up a deal to bring the former Spartak Moscow forward back to Russia next month to give Pavlyuchenko valuable playing time ahead of Euro 2012.
    However, the 29-year-old's representative Oleg Artemov says that, while there have been offers, nothing has been decided regarding the player's future.
    "Roman has one-and-a-half years left on his contract with Tottenham," Artemov told Sport Express. "And who found out that it's Lokomotiv that has agreed anything with him?
    "He hasn't signed anything. There are more offers. We are learning, analysing and talking about them."
    When asked if Lokomotiv are the only Russian club to make an offer, Artemov replied: "It's not true. This is not the reality."

Uploads

Rafik Halliche: On trial at Celtic
    LENNON RUNS RULE OVER HALLICHE

Neil Lennon watched Fulham central defender Rafik Halliche play 90 minutes in a friendly against Hibernian at Lennoxtown on Wednesday.
    The Algeria international, 25, is on trial at Celtic and impressed in the 3-0 win in which Mo Bangura scored a double, with skipper Scott Brown also on target.
    Halliche is under contract at Craven Cottage for another 18 months, but Fulham boss Martin Jol is reportedly willing to let him go.
    The game also gave the Hoops boss an opportunity to see players who have recently come back from injury - such as Kelvin Wilson, Thomas Rogne and James Keatings - while those lacking match practise such as Paddy McCourt and Charlie Mulgrew also played.
    Speaking to the official website after the game Lennon said: "It was a really worthwhile exercise with Kelvin, Scott, Thomas, Paddy and Mo all getting a good run-out.
    "I was pleased with the performance and the attitude of the players was great.
    "Bangura was excellent and scored two great goals. I was delighted with his performance, and it will have done him the world of good.
    "He has looked good in training recently, so he really needed that game time because it will now stand him in good stead for the games coming up."

Uploads

Carlos Tevez: AC Milan want him on loan
    AGENT: 'LONG WAY TO GO' ON TEVEZ

Giuseppe Riso, a FIFA agent working as an intermediary in Carlos Tevez's proposed move to AC Milan, says there is a "long way to go" before the deal is done.
    Reigning Serie A champions Milan have admitted to holding an interest in the want-away Manchester City striker and are in the process of trying to piece together a suitable package.
    Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani announced on Tuesday that terms had been agreed with Tevez and a proposal had been out to City.
    The Rossoneri are looking to take the Argentine forward on loan with a view to a permanent deal being put in place next summer.
    "At the moment there are no further developments," Riso, who is working as a go-between for Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian and Milan chief Galliani, told direttanews.it.
    "There is no agreement with Manchester City. It is still in progress and there is a long way to go before it can be concluded.
    "There is no news on the Argentinian player or the economic issue between the two clubs."

Uploads

Nicolas Anelka: In talks over China move
    SHANGHAI CONFIDENT OF ANELKA MOVE

Shanghai Shenhua are confident a deal to sign wantaway Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka could be wrapped up as early as next week.
    Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas revealed last week that both Anelka and team-mate Alex were transfer-listed at their own request.
    Anelka is now being heavily linked with a January move away from Stamford Bridge, and a number of English clubs are reportedly keen to sign him - including West Ham, managed by his former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce.
    But a move abroad always seemed more likely and a switch to China appears to be the most lucrative option ahead of deals in America or the Middle East.
    Shenhua's assistant spokesperson Ma Yue confirmed to the Shanghai Daily that talks with Anelka's brother, who acts as the player's agent, have been positive and an agreement is not too far away.
    "It will be a three-year contract and will involve both football and commercial cooperation," Ma was quoted as saying.
    Club chairman Zhu Jun added fuel to the rumour by posting a note on his blog hinting at Anelka's possible arrival before revealing the news to the local media.
    "We started to talk about every detail from the first minute of the negotiations," he said.
    "The whole contract is made up of details. It's comprehensive and complicated, involving the player's image and the commercial cooperation."
    Anelka's move to Shenhua could also be smoothed over by the fact his compatriot and former Fulham boss Jean Tigana is expected to be unveiled as the Chinese team's new head coach.

Uploads

David Gonzalez: Has impressed at Aberdeen
    DAVID GONZALEZ EYES ANOTHER LOAN

Manchester City goalkeeper David Gonzalez is looking to secure a fresh loan move in January.
    The Colombia international is currently on loan at Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen, where he has impressed despite their struggles this season.
    Gonzalez, though, was dropped by Craig Brown at the weekend after featuring 15 times, and the Dons went on to lose 2-0 to Kilmarnock.
    The 29-year-old has now told skysports.com of his disappointment, whilst also revealing that he is already looking to his next move in January.
    City are impressed by the South American and are considering using him as their No 2 next season but in the meantime he wants regular action.
    "The boss took me to one side and told me he was making a change for the game which I was incredibly disappointed about after playing so well all season," Gonzalez told skysports.com.
    "I did not have the best of games against Dunfermline in the game before, but I wasn't to blame as we have been making some crazy defensive mistakes all season and have also struggled to find the net and I made one great save which helped us draw.
    "But I respect the manager's decision and I just have to prove in training that I deserve my place back, which I know I will do as I want to play the rest of the games before I leave."
    Gonzalez's loan deal at Pittodrie finishes on December 31, and there is already believed to be a number of Championship and League One clubs looking at taking him.
    He added: "My loan finishes in December and Man City have given permission for me to go back out on loan until the end of the season, when my contract finishes in June so I need to be playing to either earn a new deal with them or sign for another club."

Uploads

Lamine Diatta pictured while at Newcastle
    DIATTA DONCASTER DEAL DONE

Doncaster have completed the signing of Senegalese centre-back Lamine Diatta.
    The 36-year-old has agreed to join Rovers on a deal until February after training with the club this week.
    Diatta, who has won 40 caps for Senegal and played a major role in the African country's journey to the 2002 World Cup quarter-finals, has previously played for Newcastle, St Etienne and Lyon but has been without a club since his release from Tunisian side Etoile Sportive du Sahel earlier in the year.
    Doncaster are waiting for international clearance for the imposing defender, which may not come in time for the trip to Birmingham on Saturday.
    Diatta joins fellow Senegal internationals El-Hadji Diouf and Habib Beye at the Keepmoat Stadium.