Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Darren Bent: Has played down his Sunday shopping trip

    DARREN BENT HAPPY AT VILLA

    Darren Bent has pledged his future to Aston Villa after again apologising for going out shopping when injured during the latter stages of Sunday's clash with Liverpool.
    The club's record signing says he is "fully committed" to the midlands club after his 18million move from Sunderland in January.
    Bent has been the subject of speculation and rumours linking him with a move next month to QPR.
    But the England striker insists he came to Villa to "achieve things" and that nothing has altered.
    Bent said: "I can assure the Villa fans that I'm committed to the football club and I love playing for Villa.
    "I am passionate about Villa and playing here and I want to score goals for the team to do my best for the Villa fans.
    "People sometimes forget where Villa were in the Premier League table (near the bottom) when I came here when Sunderland were sixth at the time.
    "But I wanted to come here and achieve things and that has not changed."
    Bent added: "I'm fully committed to the club. With January coming up there is always going to be rumours.
    "I moved last January and, with this whole thing (going shopping) over the weekend, these things quickly grow out of proportion.
    "But I just want to reiterate, I'm fully committed to the football club."
    Bent was told by Villa's medical staff to go home after being treated on the morning of the Liverpool game for a thigh injury.
    But he popped out to do some Christmas shopping after watching most of the game and this led to some fans being upset after a picture of him was posted on the internet.
    Bent said: "I think it has all been blown of proportion. I watched a large chunk of the game - up to about 70 minutes or something - so I haven't missed hardly anything.
    "I suddenly remembered I had to go out to the shops to a Christmas present so I nipped out. It was not like I'd been strolling around all day.
    "I popped out to pick up an item and someone has obviously got a camera phone and taken a picture.
    "It looks worse than it is and I can assure people that was all that happened. There is no other agenda here and I haven't fallen out with the manager."
    Bent added: "The medical people actually advised me to not go to the game because if I had been sat there for a long period I could get stiff.
    "They told me to stay away from it and just come in at the beginning of the week to get treatment.
    "It wasn't like I was meant to be at a football match and I've just said 'no, I'm not going' and then just buggered off. All I've done is nipped into a shop and got something."
    *Bent was talking during a Christmas visit by Villa players and officials to their official charity partner, the Acorns Hospice in Birmingham.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Rhys Williams: Eyes on Premier League

    WILLIAMS - PROMOTION OR I'M OFF

    Middlesbrough star Rhys Williams has reiterated that he will look to leave the club if they are not promoted this season.
    Williams, a product of Boro's famed academy system, has 18 months left on his current deal at the Riverside and talks over a new contract have stalled.
    But Williams insists that he is not even thinking about money when it comes to his future, but playing in the top-flight again is his only ambition.
    "It's not about money. It's about my dream of playing in the Premier League," he told Australia's Fox Sports.
    "My dream is to get this club up, and if something happens and we don't go up this season, then yeah, I want to have a look around."
    A host of clubs have been linked to the classy 23-year-old, who is at home in defence or midfield.
    "It's obviously nice to hear people saying I'm doing well, and it gives me confidence on the pitch," he continued.
    "I'm delighted with the speculation as well as it's always nice to be linked with the Premier League."
    Boro currently sit in third place in the Championship, just two points off the automatic promotion spots.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Nikica Jelavic: Linked with QPR

    WARNOCK PLAYS DOWN JELAVIC TALK

    QPR boss Neil Warnock has played down speculation linking the club with a January move for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.
    Reports had suggested the manager was lining up a 10million swoop for the Croatia international, who has been a big hit in the Scottish Premier League since his arrival at Ibrox in August 2010.
    But while Warnock has discussed the 26-year-old with friend and Motherwell manager Stuart McCall, he insists Rangers have shown no firm interest.
    He told Sky Sports News: "I am aware of him, only because one of my good pals Stuart McCall is at Motherwell, so we keep talking to him about all sorts. But I'm not aware of any offer, or of showing any interest in him.
    "He's just one of a number of players that's been mentioned to me, not the other way around."
    Warnock will meet with QPR's shareholders on Monday to discuss potential transfer targets and the manager is hopeful of bringing in two or three players on loan.
    "We're going to go through targets and recommendations today and get their input and outputs," he said.
    "They won't all be permanent deals; we'll be looking at loaning two or three players, a couple in England, probably one abroad."
    Tottenham right-back Kyle Walker enjoyed a successful loan spell at QPR last season and has since gone on to establish himself as a first-team regular at Spurs, as well as breaking into the senior England side.
    Warnock hopes QPR can do the same with another up and coming Premier League player, adding: "(We want) people that have got something to prove, like we took Kyle Walker last year. I thought we made him an England player.
    "I think we can do that. There's one or two very good young Premier League players that need games. So we're looking to pick the brains of some of the top clubs and get a couple in."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Driver: Wants to leave Hearts

    DRIVER HANDS IN TRANSFER REQUEST

    Hearts winger Andrew Driver has tabled a transfer request and is eager to leave Tynecastle next month, according to his agent.
    Former England Under-21 player Driver was removed from the squad for Saturday's 4-0 win over Dunfermline after telling manager Paulo Sergio he wanted a January exit amid frustration at a lack of first-team opportunities.
    The 24-year-old's agent, Scott Fisher, told BBC Sport that Driver wanted to take the next step in his career at another club and had made his request formal.
    Fisher said: "Andrew has been a loyal servant to Hearts.
    "I saw some things that the manager said about his loyalty and commitment. Nobody questioned these things when the club turned down two great offers for the player.
    "Or when the player was turning up at his work every single day and making himself available for selection on Saturdays and not being paid.
    "If somebody doesn't like you or want you to play, you find a solution.
    "A written transfer request has been put to Hearts. We would be looking to leave in January on a loan or a permanent deal.
    "If that doesn't happen, he remains an employee of the club and will give 100% for Hearts as he always has done."
    The Scottish Premier League panel will rule early next month on the complaint made by Hearts players about delayed wage payments.
    The SPL board today discussed the issue at a meeting which had been scheduled before the complaint was received on Friday.
    A statement read: "The SPL board today considered the complaint from PFA Scotland on behalf of several PFA Scotland members.
    "An SPL sub-committee will adjudicate on the complaint at a hearing on January 4.
    "No further comment will be issued until after the hearing."
    Hearts' first-team players suffered major delays in receiving wages for the last two months and the club are late in meeting this month's schedule.
    After a 19-day delay in the October payments, the players waited almost a full month for the vast majority of their November wages.
    They were eventually paid on Thursday, just after they signed a letter of permission allowing PFA Scotland to represent them.
    The union, who had previously failed to persuade the Scottish football authorities to intervene, submitted a complaint to the SPL after the December wages were not received on the scheduled day. PFA Scotland said the move had the full backing of the dressing room.
    Later this afternoon SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "What is important now that this a live legal issue, it is sub-judice and until the hearing we are limited in what we can say.
    "It is clearly an issue that is being taken seriously by the SPL board."
    PFA chief executive Fraser Wishart released a statement thanking the SPL for dealing with the matter so quickly.
    Wishart said: "Our members are delighted that the SPL will adjudicate upon their complaint early in the new year.
    "It is clear that the SPL board agrees that, unlike other contractual issues, this is not a matter that can take some time to deal with as our members continue to play without their December salary.
    "It is our hope that the directors of Heart of Midlothian FC are able to source funding to pay the wages immediately and the complaint can be withdrawn as this is the only aim of our members action."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Michel Salgado: Says Blackburn are refusing to pick him

    SALGALDO BEING 'FROZEN OUT'

    Michel Salgado has claimed that he is fit but is not being allowed to play for Blackburn by the owners and manager Steve Kean.
    Kean announced earlier this week that this would be the veteran defender's final season at Ewood Park and that he may leave when the transfer window opens next month if a solution can be found.
    Salgado was left out of the Rovers squad for Saturday's 2-1 defeat at home to West Brom but he insists he is not injured and is being omitted for other reasons.
    The 36-year-old's contract states that he is entitled to a new deal if he plays nine more games this season and he has suggested that the club cannot afford to give him fresh terms.
    Salgado remains desperate to play his part in Blackburn's relegation fight, which continues with a huge game against Bolton on Tuesday, and has blasted his bosses for not picking him.
    "I want the fans to know all I want to do is help the team and help Blackburn survive in the Premier League, but the owners and manager aren't allowing me to do this," he told Sky Sports News.
    "I'm fit to play but I have been given five days off instead."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Diouf: Contact with Anzhi

    DIOUF ADMITS ANZHI TALKS

    El-Hadji Diouf admits he is in contact with officials at ambitious Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala, with his short-term deal running down at Doncaster.
    Having found himself without a club following his summer departure from Blackburn Rovers, the Senegalese forward linked up with Doncaster in October.
    He agreed a three-month deal upon his arrival, meaning he is tied to the Championship side until January.
    Doncaster are eager to keep him at the Keepmoat Stadium, with Dean Saunders hoping a more permanent deal can be put in place.
    Diouf does, however, have a number of other options to consider.
    Anzhi are keen to add him to their ranks, while there has been talk of a switch to the MLS with the Los Angeles Galaxy.
    The 30-year-old former Liverpool and Bolton winger admits discussions regarding a New Year move have been opened, but no decision has been taken as yet regarding his future.
    "I am in contact with Anzhi officials," Diouf told Senegalese newspaper The Observer.
    He also confirmed that informal talks have been held with the LA Galaxy.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Stephane Sessegnon: Staying at Sunderland

    SESSEGNON IS GOING NOWHERE

    Stephane Sessegnon admits things have been "difficult" for Sunderland of late, but insists he has no intention of turning his back on the club.
    The Benin international arrived on Wearside in January after falling out with previous employers Paris St Germain.
    A fresh start was welcomed by the midfielder, with the Premier League presenting him with a new challenge.
    Things have not gone entirely to plan for the Black Cats, though, with Steve Bruce given his marching orders at the end of November after overseeing an alarming slump.
    Sessegnon formed part of a squad that seriously underperformed under their former boss, and it is for that reason that he is determined to stay and help to put things right.
    A return to French football has been touted, but the 27-year-old claims he has unfinished business in England.
    "A winter departure? Even though results have been difficult, I still have something to prove at Sunderland," Sessegnon told France Football.
    "There is a challenge here that I have to seize. I prefer not to start planning for the future.
    "I know nothing about the rumours linking me with Marseille."
    While fully committed to the Sunderland cause, Sessegnon admits he could have been turning out in the colours of a Premier League rival had events turned out differently last summer.
    "There was contact from Chelsea and Everton and we almost reached the negotiation stage," he said.
    "But I prefer not to live in the past.
    "If I had signed for Chelsea maybe things would have been different, but another opportunity always comes along.
    "It has been difficult at Sunderland and I have asked some questions. The club were playing well, then results changed when I arrived.
    "I think everyone is asking questions, though, and I believe I will be a better player for having experienced this time."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Kris Boyd: Eskisehirspor departure

    KRIS BOYD LEAVES TURKEY
    Former Rangers striker Kris Boyd looks set to attempt to resurrect his career in Britain after ending an unhappy spell in Turkey.
    Boyd has terminated his contract with Eskisehirspor following a dispute over unpaid wages.
    The 28-year-old made just two appearances for the Turkish club, who sit fourth in the top flight, after moving from Middlesbrough on a three-year contract.
    Boyd's agent, Mark Donaghy, told Sky Sports News: "Kris has triggered a release clause in his contract.
    "His contract has been terminated because of late payments and a legal process is now under way. He will now head back to the UK."
    Boyd spent just one season at Middlesbrough after leaving Ibrox and was loaned to Nottingham Forest in March. His six goals in 10 Championship games helped the midlands club to the play-offs.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Thomas Sorensen: Tweeted his new contract details

    SORENSEN SIGNS NEW STOKE DEAL

    Stoke goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen has signed a new contract with the Barclays Premier League club, the player has announced on his Twitter account.
    Sorensen, who joined the club from Aston Villa in 2008, will remain at the Britannia Stadium until the end of the 2013/14 season.
    Sorensen 'tweeted': "Just signed a new contract this morning. Proud to be a Potter for another 2 1/2 years."
    The 35-year-old Denmark international has played 13 games this season - five in the league, six in Europe and two in the Carling Cup.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-12-11

    Kris Boyd: A free agent

    SMITH PREDICTS GERS MOVE FOR BOYD

    Walter Smith expects Rangers to consider making an attempt to bring Kris Boyd back to Ibrox and potentially offer him the opportunity to resurrect his career.
    The former Light Blues striker has terminated his contract with Eskisehirspor following a dispute over unpaid wages.
    He could now seek a return to British football after bringing an unhappy spell in Turkey to an end.
    The 28-year-old quit Rangers for Middlesbrough in 2010 following a successful spell with the Scottish champions which saw him leave as the Clydesdale Bank Premier League's all-time top goalscorer.
    On a potential return, former boss Smith said: "I'm sure if he is available he will come into their thoughts.
    "He scored an awful lot of goals for Rangers and was a good player for Rangers over the years.
    "He left because he was offered a better deal in England at the time and then again in Turkey.
    "From a Rangers point of view he would be an obvious one to have a look at."
    Meanwhile, Smith believes Rangers must reinvest any cash for Nikica Jelavic straight back into the squad if the player moves on in January.
    The Croatian striker was the subject of a failed 6.5million bid from Leicester in August and has been linked with Liverpool.
    Smith, who left Ibrox in the summer, said: "If Rangers did lose him, as long as the majority of the money went back towards getting someone of a very similar standard, then you would say they could come back from that.
    "I think the preference would be to keep Jelavic. That would help greatly in terms of Rangers' opportunities to retain the championship."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-11-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 23:00:49
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 24-10-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-10-2011, 20:16:13
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 23-10-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-10-2011, 10:15:25
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 02-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 10:16:58
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 01-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 16:24:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •