Thread: How to use Eaglebox HD "Super Setting"

VIP Member
    Uploads

How to use Eaglebox HD "Super Setting"

First you must activate Super Setting where all the good stuff is, by the following:

Menu -> Setting -> Version.

When the Cursor is on the Version option, press the red button

Enter the PIN 1510

[the same process will disable Super Setting if it is enabled]

Select Super Setting - press ok

The first option allows you to select a C/S option - CCcam NewCamd - Avatar -eCAM or Disable.
    Avatar and eCam have no function in Europe.

As each c/s option is selected, the relevant Config option appears highlighted. You may enter there and add your line details.
    To view what is there, and unhide the data, press the red button and enter the PIN 7878

To check if all is ok, use the test option at the bottom of the config sub menu. It will attempt to connect, and give you a Success or Failure result.

The other option in Super Setting is EMU.

Use this if you have loaded a softcam. Its use is obvious and needs no explanation.

Re: How to use Eaglebox HD "Super Setting"

Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum, and my experience with my EagleboxHD Mini is currently limited to setting it up on FTA channels, which is partly because of my unusual location. My view of the sky from where my Eaglebox and I are at the moment is from 66°E to 169°E, so none in Europe. I'm curious, though, to see if I can get "Super Settings" working out here, and I've been reading the widely posted standard instructions on how to use them. In particular, I'm curious about the following paragraph:

Quote Originally Posted by *Besmiri* View Post
    First you must activate Super Setting where all the good stuff is,.......*snip snip*....
    The first option allows you to select a C/S option - CCcam NewCamd - Avatar -eCAM or Disable.
    Avatar and eCam have no function in Europe..
    So does anyone know anything about Avatar and eCam? What do they do, how to use them, and would they be of any use to me as an experimenter outside Europe? Googling them doesn't seem to come up with anything at all relevant to Super Settings.
    Obviously whoever originally drafted that paragraph must have thought they had some relevance to an EaglboxHD though.

I'm also struggling a bit with trying to see how I might adapt clines or CCcam or NewCamd info which is mainly focussed on Europe, to my range of sats here. I have found a few references to sats in this region, but haven't been able suss out the right format for pasting this info into a file that my Eaglebox and ultimately a remote server will be able to read. So if anyone can help with guidance and/or test examples of what's needed, it would be much appreciated.