Shoutz gears up for January launchof mobile social video share service

Michelle Clancy ©RapidTVNews | 23-12-2011

Shoutz will be launching in January as a mobile-to-mobile platform for recording and sharing personal videos.
Users can record, watch and share 15-second video 'Shoutz' directly from a free mobile application available on both the Android and Apple platforms.
Shoutz says that celebrities and brands are joining the Shoutz network daily and beginning to load content. Shoutz plans to leverage special channels to provide exclusive access and content to fans from their favorite celebrities, including new channels from NASCAR Member's Club, model Kim Alexis, musician Carly Simon, American Idol finalists like Siobhan Magnus and ABC's primetime drama, Body of Proof.
An example of content would be seeing the locker room after a championship win through the eyes of a favourite athlete, or a tour backstage to a sold-out concert by a favourite band. Celebrity profiles are validated and monitored by Shoutz, eliminating imposters.
"Instant communication has become an expected part of our daily lives, but there hasn't been a compelling mobile-to-mobile video sharing platform until now," said Jim Mueller, CEO of Shoutz. "We go beyond real-time text updates and provide an engaging video solution for people to communicate with their friends - as well as their favourite celebrities and brands - in a more personal way."
Through the Shoutz app, users can instantly and easily share on Facebook and Twitter using the integrated buttons. Users are able to comment and get feedback on watched and recorded videos.
"I'm so excited about this 'new' way of communicating with Shoutz," said music icon and Shoutz celeb Carly Simon. "My mind is going in hundreds of different directions imagining all the crazy, serious, goofy, philosophical, couth and uncouth variations on a few of my themes."