Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 02-01-2012.

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 02-01-2012.

Latest Transfer Update at 02-01-2012.

Hulk: Would be willing to leave Porto

HULK OPEN TO RIGHT MOVE

Reported Chelsea target Hulk has fuelled talk of a move to Stamford Bridge by reiterating he would be willing to leave Porto if a club comes calling with the right offer.
    The Brazilian frontman has turned heads across Europe after making waves at the Estadio do Dragao, with the Blues thought to be frontrunners for his signature.
    Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas knows what the 25-year-old is capable of after he helped inspire his Porto side's league, cup and Europa League Treble last season.
    Hulk is contracted at the Portuguese giants until summer 2016 and has a 100million (83.5m) get-out clause in his deal.
    But the forward has not ruled out leaving if a suitable offer comes along and would not expect Porto to block a potential move.
    Hulk said in the Daily Mirror: "We never know what is going to happen tomorrow.
    "I have four-and-a-half years left on my Porto contract but, as I have always said, if some day something good for me and for the club appears, I think there will not be any problem and a deal will be reached.
    "As long as it is amicable and good for everyone, I believe it will be concluded without any problem. If I do not leave, then that is fine."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 02-01-2012.

Macheda: Will spend rest of season at Loftus Road

QPR SEAL FEDERICO MACHEDA LOAN

Manchester United striker Federico Macheda has joined QPR on loan until the end of the season.
    The 20-year-old becomes Neil Warnock's first signing of the January transfer window and will wear the number 33 shirt at Loftus Road.
    Macheda spent a similar stint with Sampdoria in Serie A last season and hopes to gain valuable first-team experience during his time in west London.
    "There is a lot of competition at Manchester United, there are some very good strikers there," Macheda told QPR's official website.
    "But I am still young and I need to get more experience in the Premier League.
    "I am here to train hard firstly and then I hope to play a big part in the games."
    He added: "I was attracted by the challenge and by the players that QPR brought in during the summer.
    "There are some very big players at the club now. I also know the fans are very, very passionate, and this interested me also."
    Macheda revealed Rio Ferdinand - brother of Rs defender Anton - advised him to link up with Neil Warnock's side.
    "I spoke with Rio and he told me that QPR is a very good club and that if I did come here it would be good for me and would help me to develop as a player," he said.
    "I am looking forward to this challenge."
    The former Lazio striker came to the public's attention when he scored an injury-time winner on his Manchester United debut against Aston Villa in April 2009.
    Macheda scored a further four goals for United but his first-team chances have been limited, which QPR manager Warnock believes makes the loan deal a "great opportunity for both parties".
    "Federico is not getting a regular game at United quite obviously because of the quality of the squad they've got," he said.
    "Everybody in the league is in envy of what Sir Alex has there, but what he is trying to do is get Federico some game time in the Premier League.
    "I am sure he is still a part of their future plans.
    "I believe this can really work for us because he is positive and always in and around the box. He can finish too.
    "He puts defenders under pressure, he's a strong lad and he's got a yard of pace as well.
    "If we can get him the ball in the right areas I am sure he can get us a few goals.
    "It's a great way for us to start the January transfer window.
    "I have said all along that we want to get a couple of younger lads in and that's what we are going to do."

Uploads

Darren Bent: Won't be leaving Villa in January

McLEISH RULES OUT DARREN BENT SALE

Alex McLeish has warned any potential suitors that Aston Villa have no intention of parting with Darren Bent.
    The England international moved to Villa Park in January 2011, with 24million required to lure him away from Sunderland.
    He is, however, regarded as one of the most consistent goal-getters in the Premier League and any number of clubs would welcome him into their ranks.
    Speculation has suggested that Liverpool may be tempted to make a move during the current transfer window, with Kenny Dalglish in the market for goals.
    McLeish, though, has made it clear that Bent is going nowhere, with Villa determined to retain the services of their most potent attacking weapon.
    He said: "Yes, I say that now. He won't be leaving."
    Bent has seen injuries restrict him to just 16 outings this season, while an ill-advised pre-Christmas shopping trip saw him make headlines for all of the wrong reasons.
    The 27-year-old admits it has been a frustrating campaign for him on a personal level, but he has given no indication that he is looking to move on.
    He said: "It has been a frustrating time for me with injuries but I am now going in the right direction.
    "Long-term I don't think it was anything serious. I probably need to do a bit more work in the gym to get things stronger and just take it from there really.
    "Hopefully that's the last of my injury problems and I can look forward to some more time on the pitch and scoring goals now."

Uploads

Jermaine Pennant: No intention of leaving

PENNANT DENIES EXIT TALK

Jermaine Pennant insists he has no intention of quitting Stoke despite a lack of first-team action in recent weeks.
    The winger was a regular starter for the Potters at the beginning of the season but spent much of December on the bench, fuelling rumours he would be sold in January to fund Tony Pulis' potential swoop for Blackburn's Junior Hoilett.
    However, he was restored to the starting line-up for the 2-2 draw with Wigan and says he is now determined to regain his first-team spot on a regular basis.
    "I have a contract and I will abide by it. I have a year-and-a-half left and I will be here for another year-and-a-half," said Pennant.
    "Every footballer wants to start games, but the manager has had a winning team and he's stuck to that.
    "He brought me in for Wigan and I take that with both hands. It was a great game against Wigan, but all Premier League games are great to be involved in."

Uploads

Graham Dorrans: Linked with Rangers

HODGSON CLOSES DORRANS DOOR

Roy Hodgson has no intention of letting Graham Dorrans leave for Rangers - and he does not expect the Gers to sell him Nikica Jelavic.
    The West Brom boss is hoping to add during the January transfer window and accepts that there could also be departures from The Hawthorns.
    He will not be allowing Dorrans to head for the exit, though, despite the fact that the Scottish midfielder has often found himself on the bench this season.
    The 24-year-old has struggled to make the kind of impact expected of him in the Premier League and Rangers boss Ally McCoist has admitted his interest.
    Hodgson, though, will not be letting Dorrans head home.
    "No, I'm not interested," he said.
    He would be interested in taking Jelavic off Rangers' hands, but accepts that bigger clubs than West Brom are leading that particular chase.
    "I don't think our name is at the top of the list of candidates," he added.
    Hodgson is, however, hoping that chairman Jeremy Peace will put his hand in his pocket over the coming weeks, with the Baggies' shrewd owner having not paid a transfer fee for a player in January since 2005.
    "If we are going to have a good season, we need some help," said Hodgson.
    "I like to think we have got to the stage where the type of players who could help us would cost money, would demand high wages and I am not certain at the moment we are looking to go forward like that.
    "I am not interested in just bringing in bodies or names unless I can be absolutely sure they are better than what we have got."

Uploads

RVP and Henry will be in tandem again soon

RVP WELCOMES THIERRY HENRY RETURN

Robin van Persie cannot wait to reform his Arsenal strike partnership with "unbelievable" Thierry Henry.
    Arsene Wenger has had to field questions about the pair's previous relationship as he lines up a loan move for Henry, who is expected to sign on formally in the coming days.
    But skipper van Persie's eagerness to get the Gunners' record scorer back on board suggests Wenger is right to be unconcerned.
    "It is fantastic," the Dutchman told Arsenal's website. "For him to come back is something so brave. He has nothing to prove. He has a statue here.
    "Some people might question 'why do you do it, because you have proved everything already?' but there is only one answer. He just wants to play.
    "I asked him a couple of weeks ago to come back. He is unbelievable, even in training. I don't want to put too much pressure on him, but he is looking right up there.
    "It will be good for everyone. It is a massive joy to play and train with him. I am excited too. It's like, 'oh yes, Thierry is back, let's have fun'."

Uploads

Billy Sharp: Won't rush to move

BILLY SHARP WON'T RUSH MOVE

Sought-after Doncaster striker Billy Sharp says he will not join the first club that comes knocking this month, insisting he will wait for the right fit.
    Rovers will allow Sharp to leave the Keepmoat Stadium in the transfer window if their valuation is met, with the frontman thought to have a 1.85million buy-out clause in his contract which became effective on January 1.
    The former Sheffield United man, who has netted 10 goals for the Championship strugglers this season, is thought to have attracted interest from the Premier League and second tier.
    It is believed Doncaster turned down an undisclosed bid for Sharp from Leicester at the weekend, while Fulham and Wigan are reportedly among his top-flight suitors.
    Southampton, Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Hull City have also been linked to the 25-year-old in recent weeks.
    But Sharp warned in The Sun: "I am not just going to go to a club because they come in for me at the start of January.
    "I want it to be the right club. If it rumbles on for a month I'll keep scoring goals for Doncaster."
    He added: "I have spoken to the chairman and I knew there was going to be interest. Everyone knows I want to play in the Premier League and hopefully it will come.
    "If I feel there is an opportunity to try and get in the Premier League by joining a Championship side I will have to consider it.
    "But until the chairman tells me otherwise I'll be doing my best for Doncaster.
    "I'm happy here because I'm scoring goals but I don't want to be playing relegation football."

Uploads

Nigel Adkins: Looking to bring in new faces

ADKINS EYEING NEW BLOOD

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins is looking to bolster his squad during the January transfer window.
    The Championship leaders have recently suffered a blip in form and Adkins is well aware that more steel is needed for the second half of the season.
    The former Scunthorpe manager has indicated that he wants to bring in a forward and he has been linked with Bristol City's Nicky Maynard and Doncaster's Billy Sharp.
    "We have been working hard behind the scenes." said Adkins.
    "It's going to be a long month and I think a lot of business gets done at the end of the month.
    "We are going to get loads of speculation with plenty of names linked to us, we have been doing our work and we will continue to see if we can improve the group we have got by adding one or two extra ones."

Uploads

Nathaniel Clyne: Hot property

McCARTHY HOPES STARLETS STAY

Paddy McCarthy is hoping Nathaniel Clyne and Wilfried Zaha will see out the transfer window at Crystal Palace and aid the club's pursuit of glory.
    A productive campaign for the Eagles has seen them close to within three points of the Championship play-off places and make their way into the semi-finals of the Carling Cup.
    It is shaping up to be a memorable 2012 for the capital club, but they are aware that their ambitions could be severely hampered by goings on over the coming weeks.
    Premier League vultures continue to circle Selhurst Park, with Clyne and Zaha attracting plenty of top-flight interest.
    Eagles defender McCarthy understands why the duo are on plenty of January shopping lists, but he has urged the pair to stick with Palace and help them to end the campaign on a high.
    He said: "They are fantastic individuals. I think they are enjoying their football, being part of the team and we love having them here.
    "When you have players like that then you're always going to get the big clubs having a look at them.
    "It's up to the chairman. I'm hoping, and so are the players, they'll still be here come the end of January."

Uploads

Daniele De Rossi: Yet to agree fresh terms

ROMA EXPECT DE ROSSI DEAL

Serie A outfit Roma remain confident that protracted contract talks with reported Manchester City target Daniele De Rossi will reach a positive conclusion.
    Discussions regarding a new deal for the midfielder have dragged on for some time, with there still no end in sight.
    His failure to agree fresh terms has sparked speculation that the World Cup winner could soon be on his way to pastures new, bringing to an end his 12-year association with his boyhood idols.
    City and Premier League rivals Chelsea have been heavily linked with moves for the 28-year-old in the past and would be expected to make a move should De Rossi become available.
    Roma are reluctant to part with their homegrown hero, though, and the club's chief executive, Claudio Fenucci, is optimistic regarding their chances of reaching a contractual compromise.
    "The operation is complex," he told Il Romanista.
    "I don't think he has assessed any other proposals and is considering the option to renew his contract with Roma on top terms.
    "Negotiations are ongoing, we are talking with his agent and will meet again soon.
    "We are trying to fix all of the details and are looking for a solution. We are making every possible effort given the resources available.
    "My perception is that we will reach an agreement. Because of the love that De Rossi has for Roma, I am sure he will not sign with anyone else until he has explored all options to extend his contract here."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast