Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 05-01-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 05-01-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 05-01-2012

Roberto Mancini: Would consider new signings

MANCINI OPEN TO JANUARY SIGNINGS

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini may consider making new signings this month, but only if there are significant departures first.
    Considerable speculation inevitably accompanies wealthy City into any transfer window but this time the main movements could be outgoing.
    City are looking to offload absent striker Carlos Tevez while defenders Nedum Onuoha and Wayne Bridge, both surplus to requirements, are also available.
    The club have already held negotiations with AC Milan about Tevez but have not yet reached an agreement as their hope is for an immediate sale while the Italians want to loan the player first.
    Mancini believes a deal could be done quickly if Milan agree to their terms but he says other clubs are also interested.
    The Italian said: "We need to sell three or four players and with Carlos we could close (a deal) with a club in the next three or four days, and also possibly Wayne. Then maybe we can do something.
    "We hope for us and for Carlos we can do a deal. There are two or three teams in Italy, a team in France, and another team involved - I hope for him he can start to play football.
    "We could maybe bring someone in, but we need to sell."
    The absence of Tevez, City's top scorer for the past two seasons, for much of the campaign has left the club a striker down but Mancini is not necessarily looking for a direct replacement.
    Mancini feels he has enough firepower and is more likely to target a midfielder with key man Yaya Toure soon to depart for a lengthy spell on international duty.
    Mancini said: "We have three strikers, plus Samir (Nasri), David (Silva) and Adam Johnson. Maybe we need one midfielder if we can do it."
    City have been linked with Roma star Daniele De Rossi but Mancini does not know if a deal for his fellow Italian is feasible.
    He said: "De Rossi is a top player, like Yaya, but he plays for Roma, a top team, and he was born there. I don't know if he will leave."
    City hope to have striker Mario Balotelli and midfielder Nasri back for Sunday's eagerly-anticipated FA Cup third round clash against Manchester United.
    Both pulled out of the Barclays Premier League leaders' win over Liverpool in midweek through illness.
    Mancini said: "Samir was ill, Mario the same. I hope that they will be okay for the game against United.
    "They trained with us in the morning but then were ill."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 05-01-2012

Nedum Onuoha: Attracts interest

QPR AND WOLVES EYE ONUOHA - REPORT

QPR and Wolves have reportedly made moves for Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha.
    The former England Under 21 star is very much in demand, with a host of Premier League clubs battling for his signature.
    Bolton were leading the chase as they targeted him to fill the void should Gary Cahill complete his move away.
    But, while Cahill remains at the Reebok Stadium, Bolton can't make their move, which has now seen other clubs come in.
    According to skysports.com, both QPR and Wolves have now made offers believed to be in the region of 2.5million for the 25-year-old stopper.
    West Brom are also in the mix, but they are believed to be looking at a loan with a view to a permanent deal.
    North East duo Newcastle and Sunderland are also monitoring the situation but City are hoping a deal is concluded sooner rather than later.
    City boss Roberto Mancini has told Onuoha, who came through the club's own youth system, that he does not figure in his plans.

Uploads

Benjamin Corgnet: Wanted by Newcastle

NEWCASTLE FAIL WITH DIJON RAID

Newcastle have failed with a bid for Dijon midfielder Benjamin Corgnet, according to the Ligue 1 club.
    The Magpies have an extensive scouting system operating across the Channel, and it has come up trumps in the past 12 months with a number of excellent signings for the club.
    The club continue to scour the region and Corgnet has emerged as their latest target.
    Dijon now claim they have rejected a bid from the North East club and are not looking to sell him during the January transfer window.
    Asked by RMC if Corgnet was certain to stay, coach Patrice Carteron replied: "It is.
    "We had a direct approach from Newcastle, but Benjamin is of the same approach as us and wants to continue to grow and play the full season in Ligue 1.
    "At the end of the season, he would be allowed to leave - Newcastle's offer was very high."
    Meanwhile, Dijon have confirmed the signing of Ivory Coast international goalkeeper Daniel Yeboah from ASEC Mimosas.
    The 27-year-old has penned a two-and-half year deal and will link up with the side following the African Cup of Nations.

Uploads

Gary Cahill celebrates Bolton's winner.

COYLE HAILS GARY CAHILL'S CHARACTER

Owen Coyle hailed the character of Gary Cahill after the Chelsea target scored Bolton's winner as they came from behind to beat Everton 2-1 at Goodison Park.
    The hosts took the lead in freak circumstances in the 63rd minute when Toffees goalkeeper Tim Howard, assisted by the blustery conditions, beat opposite number Adam Bogdan with a clearance from his own box.
    Wanderers recovered from the blow swiftly, though, with David Ngog equalising four minutes later, before Cahill - once again named as captain despite a fee for him having been agreed with Chelsea - smashed home the decisive goal with 12 minutes remaining, securing a result which lifts the Trotters off the foot of the Barclays Premier League.
    Coyle's decision to keep faith with the defender even though he looks set to leave the club proved a shrewd one and the Scot paid tribute to Cahill's mental strength.
    "It can't be easy when it is a club of Chelsea's stature and a fee has been agreed," Coyle said.
    "To be fair to them, I think they have respected the fact that we had a huge game tonight and have not then had further dialogue - we expect that they will possibly in the next few days.
    "But while that continues, Gary shows tremendous mental character and desire for Bolton Wanderers, because he knows, as we know, how good a club this has been for him.
    "That is why he will play at the highest level for years to come."
    Coyle - who also named Cahill as skipper for the 1-1 draw with Wolves on New Year's Eve, 24 hours after revealing agreement on a fee had been reached with Chelsea - said there had still only been one meeting between Cahill's representatives and the London club, and was unable to say whether or not tonight's was likely to be the England international's last game for Wanderers.
    "I was asked after the Wolves game as well whether it would be his last game for Bolton, and I can't answer that," said Coyle, whose team are up to 18th, a point adrift of safety.
    "All I can tell you is what I know. Gary's representative has had one meeting with Chelsea and as with any negotiations, you have an opening gambit and then they obviously have to go back and speak to Mr (Roman) Abramovich (Chelsea's owner).
    "I am led to believe that he has been away, so I think that is where we are.
    "If Mr Abramovich sanctions whatever he wants to sanction, then they will take it from there."

Uploads

Novo: Could return to Gers in the summer

NOVO STAYING AT GIJON FOR NOW

Nacho Novo could be tempted back to Rangers although he has ruled out a move away from Sporting Gijon in January.
    The 32-year-old striker spent almost a decade in Scotland before returning to Spain in 2010 and has been linked with a return when his contract expires in June.
    Novo has been training with Rangers recently during the winter break in Spain and he has conceded he misses Scottish football.
    The former Raith Rovers and Dundee marksman enjoyed being back in Scotland, although he insists talk of an Ibrox return is paper talk.
    "I spent nine years there and of I miss it, but they have treated me very well here in Gijon and I enjoy it," Novo told Marca.
    "Now I have not come back from my holidays thinking I can leave now because I have nothing concrete.
    "I have been on holiday to Scotland and the truth is that I have great memories of my time there and it is always good to go back.
    "But for now I do not know anything about any supposed interest in taking me back there because nobody has made contact with me.
    "Now I am going back to Mareo (Sporting's traniing complex) to start work again and then we will see what the future holds for me.
    "It is true that I can now speak about things with other teams, but firstly I am going to dedicate myself to playing for Sporting."
    Novo believes has not ruled out penning fresh terms with Sporting Gijon as he has been lifted by manager Manuel Preciado's decision to play him through the middle.

"From Sporting there has been absolutely nothing for me to listen to. I just have to sort myself out and work for myself and they have it in their hands," he continued.
    "I am happy enough here, but there is a lot to think about. Now I have started to play closer to me natural position and I feel a bit better.
    "At the moment I am a Sporting player and I am certain I will finish the season here. I have no intention of leaving in the winter transfer window."

Uploads

Sneijder: Linked with Manchester United

WESLEY SNEIJDER EXPECTS TO STAY

Inter Milan star Wesley Sneijder does not think he will leave in the January transfer window, but has not completely ruled out a move.
    The Dutchman was throughout last summer repeatedly linked with Manchester United and the defending Premier League champions' recent blip had led to renewed speculation.
    United are thought to be lacking a creative influence in midfield and, with Michael Carrick struggling and Tom Cleverley injured, Sneijder is viewed as a solution.
    Reports this week say Inter sporting director Marco Branca has held talks with United regarding the playmaker, with the Italian club possibly looking to raise funds for Carlos Tevez.
    But the player himself told Voetbal International: "If I must give a percentage for it, I think I am 90 per cent certain I will stay [until at least the summer].
    "I enjoy myself here at the moment and at this point I don't have anything to choose from.
    "I don't say that I am 100% certain, because something unexpected can always happen."

Uploads

Mame Biram Diouf: Could leave on loan

WIGAN LOAN APPEALS TO DIOUF

United fringe role not enough for Senegalese striker

Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf claims to have the opportunity to join Wigan on loan among other interested clubs.
    The 24-year-old wants to play on a regular basis, but has made just three appearances this season and all of his outings have come in the Carling Cup.
    Diouf's chances are limited at United given the competition for places with Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov, Danny Welbeck and, when he returns to fitness, Michael Owen.
    Welbeck proved the benefits of loan moves after enjoying a successful time at Sunderland last season and Diouf hopes to follow that lead with a possible switch to Premier League strugglers Wigan.
    "It is an option at the moment and a good one. I want to go and play week in, week out and try to impress Sir Alex Fergusson," the Senegal international, who has already been loaned to former club Molde and Blackburn since joining United in 2009, told skysports.com.
    "If I can finish the season strongly, I can challenge for a position next season like Danny has done this season.
    "Wigan could be a key for me. I have done okay for Blackburn, but need to do well on my next loan. There are other teams interested as well."
    Wigan boss Roberto Martinez had been interested in Diouf's United team-mate, Federico Macheda, before the Italian was loaned to Queens Park Rangers.

Uploads

Victor Moses: Attracting interest

NO OFFER FOR VICTOR MOSES

Victor Moses is yet to hear back from Wigan over a proposed new contract, but his agent insists he remains committed to the Latics cause.
    The 21-year-old forward has had an impressive campaign so far for Wigan, which led to them holding talks over a contract extension.
    But Wigan have yet to put an offer to Moses, who is also attracting interest from other clubs.
    "He is obviously on the radar of other clubs, he is a young player in the Premier League playing really well," his representative Tony Finnigan told skysports.com.
    "He is one of the most exciting young talents in the country, but he is contracted to Wigan and is very happy with life at the club.
    "Yes we have had talks, discussions, but there has been nothing in writing.
    "But as I said he is contracted to Wigan, happy and until he is told otherwise, he will remain committed to the club."

Uploads

Paul Peschisolido: Signs Driver on loan

CALLUM DRIVES INTO BURTON

West Ham youngster Callum Driver has joined Burton Albion on a month's loan.
    The 19-year-old full-back signed his first professional contract with West Ham in the summer and has been a regular member of the reserve side.
    He was also an unused substitute for first team against Barnsley last month.
    "I'm sure he'll do a great job for us. He's an energetic lad, he gets up and down and he's got quality. He's a typical West Ham player,' said Albion boss Paul Peschisolido.
    "It's his first attempt in the league but we've had some joy in the past with giving people debuts."

Uploads

Rudi Skacel: Could leave on loan

CRAWLEY EYE RUDI SKACEL

League Two leaders Crawley are hoping to sign Rudi Skacel on loan from Hearts until the end of the season.
    Town have asked the cash-strapped SPL club for permission to speak to 32-year-old Czech midfielder Skacel, who previously had a spell in England with Southampton.
    "I can confirm we have made an approach to Hearts," Crawley manager Steve Evans told his club's official website.
    "We are keen to bring Rudi here on loan until the end of the season and it is now up to the boy's club as to whether we can have a chat with him.
    "I have watched him a number of times and he would definitely add something to what we have - he would not be more of the same.
    "He got 13 SPL goals last season and he is always a threat around the opposition penalty box. Let's wait and see what Hearts say. He is their player and we must respect that totally."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast