Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Wesley Sneijder: Not heading for Man City

    SNEIJDER LINK TO MAN CITY REJECTED

    Inter Milan have rejected claims that they could be ready to allow Wesley Sneijder to join Manchester City as part of any move for Carlos Tevez.
    The Serie A club confirmed that discussions were held between their sporting director Marco Branca and the City hierarchy in London on Thursday as they look to broker a deal for Tevez.
    The Argentina international looks certain to leave the Etihad Stadium in the January transfer window after going AWOL in his homeland in the wake of being disciplined for his refusal to warm up during the UEFA Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich back in September.
    AC Milan were thought to be leading the race for the 27-year-old former Manchester United and West Ham forward, a position confirmed on Thursday by the player's representative, Kia Joorabchian.
    One sticking point to their interest is that the Blues will only sanction a permanent transfer, while Milan are keen to take the bustling striker on loan initially, with a view to completing the move in the summer.
    Inter, meanwhile, appear more willing to meet the Premier League club's demands this month, and with details of the discussions between high-ranking Inter and City officials emerging earlier this week, that led to speculation that a swap deal involving Holland international Sneijder could be on the cards.
    But that has been dismissed out of hand by Inter, with Branca categorically denying that the talented playmaker could be on his way to the Etihad Stadium.
    Branca told Inter's official website: "There were no discussions whatsoever regarding Wesley Sneijder today during our meeting in London with representatives of Manchester City."
    The Dutch playmaker, who was said to be a target for Manchester United over the summer, recently stated that he was '90 per cent certain' he would stay at the Giuseppe Meazza this month.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Mancini: Missing key players

    MANCINI URGES CITY OWNERS TO SPEND

    Roberto Mancini has warned Manchester City's owners they "must do everything" to ensure the Blues win the Premier League title this season.
    Mancini is concerned his side's battle to win the championship could be badly hampered by an acute shortage of players.
    Yaya Toure will be missing until the middle of February after the Ivory Coast refused a request to delay the midfielder's departure for African Nations Cup duty.
    It has heightened a shortage of players that may result in City not naming a full complement of substitutes against Manchester United on Sunday and leaves Mancini to conclude he needs extra bodies.
    "This could be the first championship for many years and we need to do everything we can to win it," said the City manager.
    "United and Chelsea have won trophies for many years. So they are quiet. They understand that they can play without pressure. For us it's different.
    "I said two months ago that we could have a big problem in January because we have to play big games without Yaya."
    The problem for City's owners is not finding the cash, it is proving to UEFA they are serious about meeting the strict Financial Fair Play regulations that began this season and which the Blues are virtually certain to fail given the vast scale of their losses.
    Only by reducing them dramatically will City's hierarchy hope to avoid punishment, which means Mancini may have to sell before be can buy.
    To that end, the departure of Carlos Tevez cannot come soon enough, although any movement with AC Milan and Inter, who have also expressed an interest, is proving slow.
    "It's better that we sell first," said Mancini. "Maybe then we can then take in other players."
    Indeed, Toure could miss up to five Premier League games, in addition to Sunday's FA Cup tie, the fourth round should City get through and the two-legged Carling Cup semi-final with Liverpool.
    However, Mancini is also acutely aware that with Tevez remaining in Argentina, City have effectively been operating one striker down for the past three months.
    "If we have strikers injured then we need to buy another," said Mancini.
    "Because (Edin) Dzeko has a problem in his knee, at the moment I have one striker and two midfielders."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Redknapp: Looking to bring in two new players

    REDKNAPP EYES DOUBLE SWOOP

    Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp admits he is keen to bring in two new players, but has been told to forget about a late swoop for Gary Cahill.
    Less than a week ago, Redknapp claimed he would not be doing any business this month but has since seen midfielder Sandro and central defender William Gallas join the club's injury list. Several of the papers on Friday morning have hinted at a double swoop on Blackburn for Chris Samba and Junior Hoillet.
    With Spurs now just six points adrift of leaders Manchester City and three behind Manchester United with a game in hand on both clubs, the White Hart Lane side are firmly in the title hunt going into the second half of the season.
    Redknapp believes that the addition of a brace high-quality signings could help them push the Manchester duo all the way, but admits it will be tough to find available players to bolster his current squad.
    "If you'd told me six months ago that my Spurs side would be right in the mix for the title, I'd have laughed," the veteran tactician wrote in his column in The Sun.
    "And if we could find a couple of new faces to improve us even further over the next month, then who knows where this season could take us?
    "The problem we have now when we look for players is that the better you get, the more difficult it is to find someone who will take you even higher.
    "Believe me, there aren't that many out there - but we won't fall down on that score through a lack of looking.
    "I'm not about to say the Premier League is coming to Tottenham because there are still so many who could have a big say.
    "And it doesn't take a genius to point out that Manchester City are still red-hot favourites, while anyone ready to write off United needs their head looking at."
    Redknapp has held a long-term interest in Trotters defender Cahill, but the England international looks certain to leave the Reebok Stadium for Chelsea in the coming days.
    Bolton have agreed a fee with their Premier League rivals, however, with the Blues and the 26-year-old haggling over personal terms, there had been suggestions other clubs could step into the breach.
    Yet Bolton boss Owen Coyle still expects his key defender to depart for West London, particularly as Spurs were more interested in a player-exchange deal.
    Coyle said: "Tottenham have always been admirers. But they are more interested in swapping players. We could probably never afford their salaries.
    "We have agreed a fee with Chelsea and we honour our word."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Arsene Wenger: Nothing concrete yet

    WENGER EYES DEFENDER LOAN

    Arsene Wenger admits there is nothing 'concrete' regarding any January signings for Arsenal, but acknowledged signing a defender on loan is a 'likely scenario'.
    Arsenal's defensive options are currently limited and Wenger is without four recognised full-backs, with Kieran Gibbs, Andre Santos, Bacary Sagna and Carl Jenkinson sidelined.
    Wenger has been forced to deploy centre-halves in the full-back positions in recent games, while midfielder Francis Coquelin played at left-back in Monday's defeat at Fulham.
    The likes of Wayne Bridge and Taye Taiwo have been linked with moves to the Emirates Stadium during the transfer window as Wenger weighs up potential additions.
    The Gunners boss appears keen to find a temporary solution to his defensive dilemma, but says nothing is currently in the pipeline.
    "At the moment nothing, we don't have a concrete case but we don't rule it out," Wenger told Arsenal Player. "[A loan defender is] the likely scenario, yes.
    "[I am expecting a] quiet [market]. Europe is depressed and there is not a lot of money available, only some clubs who have exceptional resources.
    "Let's say that clubs who are not linked with the economic environment at the moment can buy!"

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Robbie Keane: Set for Villa move

    McLEISH: KEANE DEAL WOULD BENEFIT BOTH

    Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish believes his team will have a "highly motivated" Robbie Keane at their disposal if the striker's proposed loan move from the Los Angeles Galaxy is completed.
    McLeish reckons the midlands club will reap the benefits of the Republic of Ireland captain wanting to remain sharp before the Major Soccer League resumes in March and ahead of this summer's Euro 2012 finals.
    Villa owner Randy Lerner has sanctioned the deal outside the general sell-to-buy policy to which McLeish has to adhere because of the club's sizeable wage bill.
    McLeish, who came close to signing Keane from Tottenham 12 months ago when Birmingham boss, said: "It (the deal) is not far away but I don't like to commit myself until it actually is done.
    "The club have sanctioned the deal. They didn't think it was too bad an idea or too big a risk.
    "I missed out on Robbie last year although it was probably fortunate because he got injured just after that.
    "But Robbie has got good experience, he is good in the dressing room and he is highly motivated.
    "He has got a certain competition to play at the end of the season with his country (Euro 2012) so he wants to maintain his level.
    "He wants to come here and we would be trying to get things cleared for next week."
    McLeish does not expect to be busy this month and has ruled out a move for Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yong.
    He said: "Am I interested in Sung-Yong? I think that one would be not happening because we can't add to the wage bill."
    The Scot has also been linked with a loan move for Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran.
    He said: "It's something we thought about - but I'm not sure we're going to do it."
    McLeish has no plans to sell any players this month and downplayed reports QPR have made an offer for central defender James Collins.
    He said: "I've no plans to sell anybody. Sometimes, like in my days in Scotland, there was a sacrifice made.
    "But at the moment, I've no real plans to let anybody go.
    "Have QPR made an offer for Collins? Neil (Warnock) has not called me. Maybe the chief executives have spoken, but I've certainly not had any contact with Neil.
    "Normally there are managers' courtesy calls and I've heard nothing."
    McLeish once again dismissed reports striker Darren Bent was leaving Villa to join Liverpool.
    He said: "We kid Darren along. There's banter like 'when are you off?' and that kind of stuff and he says 'you probably know more than me' and I say 'but, I don't'.
    "Again, there's been no contact and he's another one I don't think will be going anywhere.
    "If there's any interest out there, I'm not aware of any. We've heard stories saying this club and that club is going to try to buy him.
    "But if we say he's not for sale then a) he's not for sale and b) there's been nobody in contact with us."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Henry: Back at Arsenal

    THIERRY HENRY RETURN CONFIRMED

    Thierry Henry has completed his return to Arsenal, signing on a short-term loan deal from the Major League Soccer's New York Red Bulls.
    The move to bring back the 34-year-old former France international, who left the Gunners for Barcelona in 2007, had long been expected and he will now be available to face Leeds in the FA Cup on Monday.
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger told www.arsenal.com: "I am very happy. It was my desire and Thierry's desire. We will have Thierry for January and in February. Then he will go back to the United States."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Lampard: Linked with Manchester United

    FERGIE DENIES FRANK LAMPARD LINK

    Sir Alex Ferguson has attempted to explain why he doesn't expect Manchester United to do any transfer business this month - and that includes signing Frank Lampard from Chelsea.
    After successive losses to Blackburn and Newcastle, once again the issue of United's squad is the subject of hot debate amongst Red Devils supporters.
    Midfield is an obvious area of concern, which has only heightened since the retirement of Paul Scholes and subsequent long-term absences of Tom Cleverley and Darren Fletcher.
    It is little wonder therefore Lampard's name has appeared in connection with United.
    The veteran England man does not appear to be one of Andre Villas-Boas' favourites and with 18 months left on his contract, it would appear to be a smart move if United could get him.
    "You are not going to tell me Chelsea would sell Frank Lampard to Manchester United in January. Do you really believe that?" said Ferguson.
    "There is no foundation to that.
    "Chelsea are like us. They want to do something. The second half of the season is going to be important to them.
    "If they want to try and win the league they will need to have all their best players."
    Tellingly, Ferguson's comments did not convey a lack of interest, just a belief Chelsea would want to keep Lampard.
    The same could be said of many potential targets, which is why he believes it is better to trust the players at his disposal, even though defeat in Sunday's FA Cup tie at Manchester City would pile even more pressure on the men from Old Trafford.
    "The thing is, what can you get in January?" he said.
    "I have said this all the time. The players who are available that we would like, we won't get.
    "What do you do? Do you take a second-rate player? No, of course you don't.
    "The injury situation has accelerated a lot of our fans into saying we will have to get someone.
    "I would rather stick with the ones I have got than bring someone in who ends up not having a game anyway because they are not good enough."
    Meanwhile, Ferguson confirmed he will be relying on the squad that suffered a 3-0 defeat at Newcastle on Wednesday for this weekend's game.
    There had been hope Chris Smalling would have recovered from a bout of tonsillitis but Ferguson's optimism has proved to be unfounded, with the former Fulham man not expected back until the Premier League encounter with Bolton on January 14.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012

    Christopher Samba: Reportedly wanted by QPR

    QPR MAKE SAMBA BID - REPORT

    QPR have reportedly made a 5million bid for Blackburn defender Christopher Samba.
    The west Londoners have made no secret of their ambition to bring in new faces during the January transfer window as they look to stave off relegation.
    QPR manager Neil Warnock has openly admitted he needs to strengthen the squad, highlighting centre-back and attack as the key area for reinforcements.
    Having completed the loan signing of Manchester United striker Federico Macheda earlier this week, Warnock has now turned his attention to bringing in Samba to sure up his defence.
    It's understood a bid of 5million has been made for the Blackburn defender, who is also reportedly attracting interest from high-flying Tottenham.
    Samba has been at Ewood Park since 2007, having joined from German side Hertha Berlin.

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 05-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 20:37:45
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 04-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 20:48:01
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-01-2012.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 21:08:35
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 02-01-2012.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 00:50:44
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 09-09-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 23:20:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •