Thread: Dreambox's rf-out ???

Uploads

Dreambox's rf-out ???

Hi peeps.... this has been posted on a uk based forum by me...... I just wondered what your thoughts are.....
    Basically, i want to distribute the satellite signal all over the house and remotely turn a Dreambox over.....

Before I go and get a set-up, I try to do some homework.

My current gear is 42"pw6, panasonic plasma/panasonic hhd recorder/sony sound surround/sly receiver..... usual sly 'pace' digibox with an rf-out.

The rf-out goes to a 'loftbox' along with the analogue antenna, fm antenna and cctv..... this is the tv/fm/digi/cctv distribution system for the house.

The house is then fed, triplexed down ct100 coax to wall plates for tv/fm/sly-digi and cctv ...... up to now, feeding 6 rooms. All installed while renovating the house. (Nearly killed me ffs....lol)

All have magic eyes (slx or similar) in line (coax) to switch the sly digi box remotely.....

tbvh, its been a decent setup up to now..... lol, big changes afoot

Q. Do Dreamboxes have an rf-out. To be able to distribute the channels as with the pace digibox.

2. If not (I suspect not, eternal pessimist) is distributing the signal possible and how please ?

3. will DB-remotes work with magic-eyes. To enable remote switching of the DB????

I am trying to keep a similar set-up as now and value being in another room to the main equipment to turn channels over with the convenience of 1wired triplex wallplates..

tia guys n gals

regards

dig5

Uploads

Re: Dreambox's rf-out ???

Does no one know how to distribute the dreambox signal to multiple tv's ????
    hardwired, not by pyramid transmtters?????

Uploads

i know its more expensive but why not get another dm500s for the other room and network them and share your card with the other box, then you can have different chans in each room. a simple network can be created by using a pair of homeplugs that plug into any ring mains socket.
    you will alo need a quad lnb.

Uploads

I already do what you are trying to do, using the RF out on my 7020S dreambox.
    The suggestion of using 2 x 500S boxes will NOT work because you cannot have 2 500s sharing the same LNB. The LNB needs to be switched between Vertical or Horizontal depending upon the channel being watched.
    I have a co-ax cable running from the Dreambox to several rooms to get the RF signal around the house. I use the Infra-Red channel ONLY on a video sender at the dreambox end to recieve Infra-Red remote control signals from video sender recievers in each of the other rooms. The video/audio chanels on the video sender is not used.
    Other methods available to you include:
    An Ipaq PDA can be used via WiFi to display the Dreambox web-if to change channels (and even watch video on the Ipaq)
    I have 2 rooms that have a linux based Media centre which can use a web browser to either change the dreambox channels or watch directly in the media center itself over the lan rather than the RF cable.
    A new distro called MythBuntu is worth a look at. Mythbuntu has a plug-in that claims to be able to control the dreambox over the lan. The media center is controlled using a microsoft media-center remote control.
    James