Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Carlos Tevez: Bid tabled from Inter Milan

    INTER MILAN LODGE TEVEZ BID

    Inter Milan president Massimi Moratti has confirmed he has now lodged a 25million euros bid for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.
    Inter said last week they would not make any comment on the Tevez situation until after their Milan derby clash with rivals AC at the weekend.
    The Nerazzurri won the game 1-0 and straight after the game manager Claudio Ranieri and the club were quizzed about the Argentine.
    Ranieri would not be drawn closely on the issue, but Moratti has wasted little time in confirming that they have now made a firm offer of just over 20million.
    "There are no secrets in football," Moratti told Controcampo.
    "The offer is 25m euros. Now it is up to City whether they accept that bid or not."
    Moratti also admitted they were not the only club chasing Tevez, with PSG and also English clubs in the hunt.
    He added: "However, I do think that there are a number of other clubs who are interested in him. There are some English sides and also Paris St Germain."
    The news of Inter's bid comes less than a week after AC withdrew from talks for Tevez after Alexandre Pato shunned a move to PSG.
    "At this moment in time it seems that we don't need Tevez, but football gives a different answer on a daily basis," he continued.
    "I would keep all of the players that are in the squad right now, but there is still time until the transfer window closes. We'll wait and see."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Ravel Morrison: Denies turning down new contract

    MORRISON DENIES MAN UTD SNUB

    Manchester United starlet Ravel Morrison has claimed he has not turned down a contract offer from the club.
    The 18-year-old England youth international has hit the headlines in recent weeks after Newcastle launched a bid for him.
    Sir Alex Ferguson then stated Morrison had turned down the club's offer of a new deal, with his current contract set to expire at the end of the season.
    However, Morrison has now taken to Twitter to insist that he has not rejected a deal.
    "I have never 1s [once] turned down a contract off Manchester United," he Tweeted.
    Morrison, who is yet to make his league debut for the club but has played in the Carling Cup, has reportedly been attracting interest from Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Hughes watches on during QPR's defeat

    MARK HUGHES DENIES JOEY BARTON EXIT

    QPR manager Mark Hughes has dismissed suggestions he's ready to offload skipper Joey Barton.
    The midfielder was suspended for Sunday's 1-0 defeat against his former club Newcastle but some newspapers have suggested the new Hoops boss is planning to sell him.
    Hughes, who also declined to elaborate on reports that QPR are closing in on January swoops for Brazilian duo Alex and Henrique, said: "I saw that as well and I think it's one of those maybe mischief-making Sunday-morning-prior-to-an-early-kick-off lead stories.
    "From my point of view, there's certainly no suggestion that we are thinking in those terms.
    "He is captain of the club, I have re-iterated that this week. Joey is a quality player and we are looking to bring quality in, not to get those type of players out of the building.
    "It's fair to say we are in the market for good players if they become available and if they are attainable.
    "We would like to think the players we are able to bring in would be the right quality, and I am sure they would be."
    Meanwhile Hughes has said there is absolutely no chance of the club signing Carlos Tevez in January.
    The pair worked together at Manchester City, before Hughes was sacked in the December of 2009, and there have been reports of a possible reunion at Loftus Road.
    But Hughes told Sky Sports: "Not in this window, absolutely not."
    Regarding the possibility of adding other new faces to his squad this month, he added: "If there's quality available and attainable then we'll pursue that but they have to be the right players and they have to be the players who can come in and make a major impact because otherwise there's no point bringing them."
    Asked about Blackburn defender Christopher Samba, Hughes said: "It's common knowledge we've put in a bid for Chris Samba. We have a number of players we would like to bring to the club. We'll have to wait and see."
    Leon Best's goal just before half-time settled the game in Newcastle's favour at St James' Park as Hughes made a losing start to his reign.
    But the former Fulham and Manchester City boss took some positives from his side's performance and felt they deserved to get something out of the game.
    He said of his players: "I was pleased with their application, they gave me everything they had, obviously we've been done with a little bit of individual skill in our own box.
    "In terms of our play I think we created a number of reasonable chances and on another day those will go in for us. It would have been ideal obviously if we could have got something out of the game because overall I felt we deserved something.
    "It's a hard place to come, we understand that, it was never going to be easy so that's why I'm encouraged by what I saw today."
    He added: "We haven't had that much opportunity to work on our attacking play, it was more this week about making sure our shape was good and everybody knew what was expected of them and I think you could see that in our play.
    "We were nice and solid, and everyone was working in relation to one another and that augurs well for the future and I think the longer we have the opportunity to work with the guys and given their application today, they'll only improve."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Coleman: Set to meet with the FAW

    WALES TALKS FOR CHRIS COLEMAN

    Former Fulham manager Chris Coleman will meet with the Football Association of Wales this week to discuss the vacant national team job.
    The FAW are stepping up their recruitment drive following the death of manager Gary Speed in November and Coleman has emerged as one of the leading contenders for the post.
    Other names linked with the role are John Hartson, Ryan Giggs and Speed's assistant Raymond Verheijen. But former Wales centre-half Coleman, whose last managerial role was in charge of Greek side Larissa, revealed he will talk to the governing body in the coming days.
    "I'll meet with the FAW this week to discuss the situation," he said on Sky Sports 1.
    "It is a very sensitive situation so if I am offered the job and I accept it I'll have mixed emotions."
    Coleman added later: "Circumstances are very difficult, it's sensitive. If it is to be - if the job is mine - then it will be the pinnacle for me. Managing your country is the pinnacle for any manager.
    "We're not there yet but talks will take place.
    "It means a lot to me, absolutely. In another situation, I'd probably be on cloud nine but because of the situation, because it was Gary, who was a close friend, of course I almost feel a little bit guilty that I'm even going to talk about taking the job, because Gary is no longer with us.
    "But we'll see what happens this week. Hopefully, fingers crossed if talks go well and I do get the job then I'll be the happiest man."
    He continued on Sky Sports: "It's a stupid man who goes in there and takes the job, whether it's me or anyone else, and changes everything. Why change everything? It's not broken, so don't fix it."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Edson Buddle: Trying his luck with Everton

    EVERTON TAKE AMERICAN BUDDLE ON TRIAL

    Everton have taken American international striker Edson Buddle on trial, his agent has confirmed.
    The 30-year-old is currently with Bundesliga Zwei outfit Ingolstadt, who he joined 12-months ago.
    He has scored nine goals since his move to Germany, but he is keen on earning a move to England and Ingolstadt have allowed him to train with other clubs.
    Now Buddle, who has previously attracted interest from Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday, is training with Everton with the hope of impressing boss David Moyes.
    Buddle's agent Richard Motzkin tweeted the news that his client would be in Merseyside this week.
    "For those asking, my client @EdsonBuddle will be on trial this week at Everton FC," he confirmed.
    Ingolstadt revealed they would not stand in his way should he do enough to earn a move.
    "If he wants to leave us, we will find a solution," said sports director Thomas Linke.
    Everton already have US international Tim Howard in their squad, whilst Buddle's former Los Angeles Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan is enjoying a second loan spell with the club.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Loic Remy: Not leaving this month

    LOIC REMY NOT LEAVING MARSEILLE

    Loic Remy says it is 'out of the question' he will be leaving Marseille in January after he was watched by Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.
    France international Remy has been a long-term target for Redknapp and reports have suggested he could be the subject of a transfer-window bid by Spurs.
    Redknapp took in Marseille's game against Lille on Sunday and Remy scored both goals in the 2-0 home success over the reigning French champions.
    "There was no additional pressure," Remy told France Football.
    "It is nice, it means some clubs have shown interest but it has already been sorted out with the chairman and the coach - it is out of the question to leave now."
    Marseille boss Didier Deschamps was also unconcerned by Redknapp's attendance against Lille and is not looking to offload any of his key players.
    Deschamps said: "I knew he was here. He probably came to watch some players but he came for nothing, it is useless.
    "If I were to meet him I would tell him, 'Wait and see'. They have important financial power, but I have important matches to play.
    "It is not the right moment to lose our best players."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Tim Ream: Bolton transfer target

    COYLE HOPES FOR TIM REAM DEAL

    Owen Coyle has confirmed Bolton are hoping to finalise a deal to sign Tim Ream, but has played down reports of a bid for Giovani Dos Santos.
    With Bolton defender Gary Cahill set to complete a move to Chelsea, USA international Ream has been lined up as a replacement at the Reebok.
    The New York Red Bulls defender had also attracted interest from Arsenal and West Brom, but he could sign for Bolton in the next few days.
    "He is a player that we would love to bring to the football club and hopefully in the next few days that can come to fruition," said Coyle.
    Meanwhile, speculation had claimed that Coyle had opened talks about a 4million deal to sign Mexico international Dos Santos from Spurs.
    However, while describing the former Barcelona youngster as a "top player", Coyle cooled reports that he is already in discussions regarding a deal.
    He added: "We haven't been speaking to the lad. There are fantastic young players out there in the Premier League and he is certainly one of them, but it is just speculation.
    "There is no doubt that he is a top player, but there are many top players out there."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Morten Gamst Pedersen: Hopes Blackburn keep star men

    PEDERSEN IN BLACKBURN PLEA

    Morten Gamst Pedersen has urged Blackburn's under-fire owners Venky's to do all they can to ensure that there is no winter exodus at Ewood Park.
    The Rovers board were the subject of another supporter protest on Saturday, with fans frustrated at the way the club is being run and the direction taken.
    There was to be some welcome relief for Venky's and boss Steve Kean as a 3-1 victory over Fulham lifted Blackburn out of the Premier League drop zone, but there are still many more bridges to build.
    Keeping the club's most saleable assets would go some way to appeasing the disgruntled supporters, with the likes of Chris Samba, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Junior Hoilett and Steven N'Zonzi linked with imminent exits.
    Losing key men would seriously undermine Blackburn's survival bid, making it imperative that they keep their squad together.
    Pedersen appreciates as much and the Norway international has called on the board to prove that they have the best interests of the club at heart by shunning any approaches.
    He said in The Sun: "We have to keep our best players. Every one of them is a Blackburn player at the moment and we have to hold on to them.
    "We had most of our players (against Fulham) and we did well - we got a fantastic win and got ourselves out of the bottom three, which is a great feeling.
    "We're still in a battle, we have to be realistic. This win only took us to equal points with the team in 18th.
    "But you saw the commitment there among everyone. People wrote us off but now we're out of the bottom three and it's a massive relief. But it's so tight down there."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Joshua King: Hull loan move

    HULL LOAN MOVE FOR JOSHUA KING

    Hull have signed Manchester United striker Joshua King on loan until the summer.
    The 20-year-old, who recently returned to Old Trafford after a spell at Borussia Moenchengladbach, joins United team-mate Robbie Brady at the KC Stadium.
    And Nicky Barmby hopes King can enjoy the same kind of success as Fraizer Campbell, who helped Hull to promotion during a loan spell from United back in 2007/8.
    He told the Hull Daily Mail: "Fraizer came in as an unknown quantity but players can make a name for themselves here and use the loan as a platform.
    "We're delighted to get Josh in. I first saw him play two or three years ago and I've kept tabs on him ever since. He's an exciting player."
    United's reserve-team boss Warren Joyce said: "'Joshua's going out on loan again as he struggled to make an impact out there in Germany and that's the way it can be sometimes."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-01-2012

    Enar Jaager: Keen to join Rangers

    JAAGER KEEN ON RANGERS DEAL

    Enar Jaager is keen to take the "biggest step" in his career by landing a deal with Rangers.
    The Estonia right-back, who has 84 caps, arrived in Glasgow on Sunday night as he prepared for a week-long trial at Murray Park.
    The 27-year-old is a free agent after spending last season with Norwegian side Aalesunds and he claims winning a contract with the Clydesdale Bank Premier League champions would be a career highlight.
    Jaager told the Daily Record: "I am excited about being here. I just hope everything goes well and meets my expectations.
    "Everyone knows about the size of Rangers and it was an easy decision to come here when I heard the club might be interested.
    "If I could earn a contract it would be a big thing for me. I have played many times for my country and had big moments but in terms of my club career, joining Rangers would be my biggest step."
    Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros also claims to be on his way to Rangers for a trial, with Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre having helped to open the SPL door.
    The 25-year-old is due in Scotland this week and it is his intention to catch the eye and earn himself a permanent switch to Europe.
    Claros is determined to make the most of his opportunity and complete a remarkable turnaround in his career.
    The Honduras international was shot in the head in June 2011 during a carjacking incident, putting his life into perspective.
    He is now desperate to prove himself on a grander sporting stage, and he has thanked former Motagua colleague Izaguirre for helping him to get a chance at Ibrox.
    Claros said in the Daily Record: "I talked to Emilio and I am very grateful as he has opened a door.
    "I was told about this at the last minute and I'll do whatever it takes to stay at Rangers. I'm in a position to test myself with Rangers. The rest will be worked out by the board.
    "I know Rangers are a big team in Scotland and I'm happy."
    Fellow Rangers target Mervan Celik will give manager Ally McCoist an answer before the end of this week. The 21-year-old is available on a free after his contract at Gothenburg club GAIS expired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 15-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-01-2012, 17:19:50
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 13-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13-01-2012, 20:35:07
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 05-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 20:37:45
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-01-2012.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 21:08:35
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 02-01-2012.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 00:50:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •