Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 23-01-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 23-01-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 23-01-2012

Guardiola: Set to decide on his future

BARCA CONFIDENT GUARDIOLA WILL STAY

Barcelona vice president Javier Faus expects coach Pep Guardiola to decide his future "in a couple of weeks".
    The Barca boss' future is almost constantly the subject of speculation due to his insistence on short contracts and while his current deal expires this summer, the former club captain is expected to remain at the Nou Camp.
    Faus hopes the issue will be resolved soon and told fcbarcelona.cat: "We want Pep to stay here for many years.
    "We will know his decision in a couple of weeks, we hope his response will be positive."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-01-2012

Willian: Wanted by Chelsea

CHELSEA BID FOR WILLIAN REJECTED

Shakhtar Donetsk claim they have rejected a 16.6million bid from Chelsea for Brazilian playmaker Willian.
    Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas admitted over the weekend he was an admirer of Willian, but played down talk of a move for the player in this month's transfer window.
    Shakhtar have now told Sky Sports News they have rejected one offer in the region of 20million euros for Willian, with the Donetsk outfit holding out for a larger fee for the 23-year-old playmaker.
    Shakhtar are reluctant to lose Willian, but they concede the South American is keen on a move to Chelsea.
    "We have no burning desire to sell the player, but in football some things are impossible to avoid," Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin was quoted as saying in Monday's Daily Mail.
    "If it weren't for our good relationship with Chelsea - and Willian does not hide his intention to test himself in one of the best clubs in the English Premier League - we would insist on the 29m release clause written into the player's contract.
    "It is important to understand that we are talking about Chelsea's desire to buy Willian, but not Shakhtar's desire to sell him."

Uploads

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov: Set to leave Everton

BILYALETDINOV SET FOR SPARTAK

Sparktak Moscow have agreed terms with Everton for the transfer of midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, the Russian giants have confirmed.
    The Russia international, who arrived at Goodison Park on a five-year deal reportedly worth 10million from Lokomotiv Moscow in August 2009, has struggled to make an impact in the Premier League.
    Nine-time league champions Spartak confirmed on their official website that a deal has been agreed with the Toffees for the 26-year-old's signature.
    Bilyaletdinov has also agreed personal terms and is set to undergo a medical in Moscow in the coming days.
    The club said: "Spartak have agreed in principle with both the English club and the 26-year-old Russian international about his transfer.
    "The contract should be signed after the player completes his medical."
    Should the midfielder complete the move he would become the second Russia international to return home from the Premier League in the last six months after Yuri Zhirkov departed Chelsea for big-spending Anzhi Makhachkala in the summer.

Uploads

Taarabt: Wants to stay

TAARABT SET TO STAY AT QPR

Adel Taarabt has declared he wants to stay at QPR now Mark Hughes has replaced Neil Warnock as manager.
    Playmaker Taarabt admitted he was resigned to leaving the club this month while Warnock was still in charge but is now looking forward to reviving his Rangers career.
    The 22-year-old, who is currently in Gabon with Morocco's African Nations Cup squad, backed the decision to sack Warnock.
    "I think we needed that," Taarabt told BBC Sport. "I had good years with Neil Warnock but we were in a bad position."
    Saturday's win over Wigan hauled QPR out of the Barclays Premier League relegation zone.
    Taarabt, who was linked with Paris St Germain last summer, added: "I think if Mark Hughes was not coming in, maybe I was leaving in January.
    "I spoke with the chairman and the situation now has changed. They want to keep me and we're going to have a discussion when we come back.
    "Mark Hughes is a great manager and I think the chairman is giving him money so he's buying players.
    "I'm going to meet him and see what's going to happen."
    Taarabt joined QPR from Tottenham at the start of last season after a successful loan spell and was the star of their npower Championship-winning side.
    But he struggled to translate that form into the Premier League, with Warnock persistently questioning the player's attitude and dropping him from the side.
    Meanwhile, fellow midfielder Lee Cook has returned to Loftus Road following the conclusion of his loan spell at Leyton Orient.
    (reopens) Meanwhile, QPR are close to completing the signing of AC Milan defender Taye Taiwo, who last week said a six-month loan deal had been agreed between the clubs.
    Press Association Sport understands any transfer has yet to be fully concluded.

Uploads

Roman Pavlyuchenko: Deal extended

SPURS EXTEND PAVLYUCHENKO DEAL - AGENT

Roman Pavlyuchenko's agent has revealed that Tottenham have taken up the option of extending his contract.
    The Russia international is anxious to leave White Hart Lane and a number of clubs from across Europe have been linked, with a switch back to his native land looking the likeliest option.
    His current deal was due to expire in the summer but Spurs had the option to extend it, which they have exercised late last year.
    "Tottenham, headed by Mr [Daniel] Levy, had the option of extending his contract, and they have done so," Oleg Artemov told Russian website Championat.
    "They informed UEFA, FIFA and the English FA that they have extended the contract by a year. This happened about two or three months ago, so this is already quite old news."

Uploads

Mame Biram Diouf: Brest interest

DIOUF: BREST WANT TO SIGN ME

Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf says he is attracting interest from Brest.
    The 24-year-old wants to play on a regular basis, but has this season made just three appearances and all of his outings have come in the Carling Cup.
    Diouf has therefore been linked with a move away from Old Trafford and Sir Alex Ferguson in December confirmed the forward could be sent out on loan.
    United's Premier League rivals, Wigan, and Bundesliga club Hannover are also said to be interested, but Diouf also claims mid-table Brest are among his suitors.
    "I have many contacts, but nothing is done yet," he told Sky Sports.
    "Brest can be interested, but I have a contract with Manchester United until 2013."

Uploads

Wenger: Looking forward to getting injured stars back

ARSENE WENGER IN NO RUSH TO BUY

Arsene Wenger does not intend to rush into the transfer market to beef up his Arsenal squad despite the club's defensive frailties being made glaringly apparent in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
    Thomas Vermaelen and Johan Djourou had a torrid time playing out of position at full-back and it was no coincidence that United's two goals from Antonio Valencia and Danny Welbeck came from wide positions.
    Wenger has had no fit recognised full-backs since before Christmas, but the Frenchman refuses to enter the market and wants to focus instead on helping the likes of Bacary Sagna, Kieran Gibbs and Andre Santos return to full fitness.
    Asked whether he agreed with the view that Arsenal must spend to improve, Wenger replied "I don't. Spending money is not the target. It never has been in life.
    "We need our players back. We missed 10 players. When you see what we created in the second half, it's important for us to get the players back."
    Arsenal, who are without long-term injury victim Jack Wilshere, have also been hit by the absence of Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh, who are at the African Nations Cup.
    One positive aspect of the duo's absence has been that Wenger was able to give Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain his first Barclays Premier League start.
    The 18-year-old winger took full advantage, causing havoc down both flanks with his speed and trickery.
    He set up Robin van Persie for the equaliser in the second half after Valencia had put United ahead, but found himself off the pitch two minutes later when Wenger surprisingly substituted the youngster for unpopular forward Andrey Arshavin.
    Many Arsenal fans booed loudly and even captain Van Persie seemed at odds with the move, appearing to mouth "no" as the fourth official held the board aloft indicating Oxlade-Chamberlain's departure.
    To make matters worse, Arshavin's slack marking allowed Welbeck to turn home the winner nine minutes from time.
    Nevertheless, Wenger insists the substitution was justified and lashed out at the fans who criticised him.
    He said: "I can understand that the fans are upset about the substitution, especially when it doesn't work, but he (Oxlade-Chamberlain) had started to fatigue.
    "He was sick in the week. You have an 18-year-old kid making his first Premier League start and a player who's captain of his country and they are querying the substitution? Let's be serious.
    "I've been a manager for 30 years and have made 50,000 subs. I do not have to justify every decision I make. I stand up for it."