Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Van Persie (r): Did not know about Chamberlain injury

    VAN PERSIE: NO ARSENAL RIFT

    Robin van Persie insists there is "no problem" or "conflict" at Arsenal despite his reaction to Arsene Wenger's substitution of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain during the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United on Sunday.
    Wenger's relationship with Gunners supporters reached an all-time low at the weekend when they railed against his substitution of Oxlade-Chamberlain for Andrey Arshavin.
    Captain Van Persie also appeared to react to Wenger's decision with the word "no".
    However, the Holland striker has clarified the situation and also revealed the teenager had picked up a calf injury.
    Van Persie told The Sun: "I was not having a go at the boss on Sunday - I was just sad to see Alex leave the pitch as he just gave the assist for our only goal.
    "I was not questioning his judgement - I know it's not my place to challenge what Arsene Wenger does.
    "Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain had a calf injury. We did not know that but the boss did and brought Andrey Arshavin on."
    He added: "The manager and I are fine and my relationship with the club is good.
    "There is no problem, there is no conflict and there is no controversy.
    "The boss knows that, I know that and the players know that."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Mick McCathy: Pleased with performances

    McCARTHY DEFIANT AMID AXE TALK


    Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has shrugged off talk he is facing the sack at Molineux.
    Rumours have been circulating that McCarthy is in line to be axed and he was was installed by Sky Bet as 2/5 favourite to be the next Premier League manager to lose his job.
    Wolves dropped into the bottom three at the weekend after seeing their winless run stretch to 10 games in all competitions following the 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa.
    McCarthy has defended his record and insists he could not do anything more to make his side play any better.
    "The biggest reason as to how I cope is that I don't listen to the backdrop of what fans are saying," said McCarthy. "I do not go around in a glass cabinet - I am fully aware of what is going on.
    "If you listen to it, you would go off your head anyway. I just make sure I get on with it with Terry Connor [assistant manager], Pat Mountain [goalkeeping coach] and Steve Weaver [development coach] and we try to find a result.
    "It is a results business but performances have been very good. We have played very well in recent weeks and I cannot question the perfomances at all.
    "I would not have done anything differently against Chelsea and Tottenham and I could not have done anything to make us any better."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Capello: Leaving England post in the summer

    CAPELLO TIGHT-LIPPED OVER FUTURE

    England manager Fabio Capello gave little indication as to his future plans at the Oscar del Calcio awards in Milan on Monday and refused to confirm whether he will return to Italy after Euro 2012.
    The former AC Milan and Real Madrid manager was presented with a special critics' award at the annual ceremony which rewards the best player, coach, club and referee in the previous Serie A season.
    Capello last month insisted he wished to remain with England until the end of their Euro 2012 campaign but did not reveal what he expects to do following the tournament in Poland and Ukraine.
    He said: "Before taking a decision we wait for the end of the European Championship. Then let's see if I go back to Italy, as a TV commentator or as a coach."
    He added: "I am well in England, I am fine, but the Italian anthem is always a strong emotion."
    Looking towards this summer's competition, Capello has labelled Spain as favourites despite England having beaten the World Cup winners in a recent friendly.
    He said: "We played them in a friendly and they made a great impression on me with incredible possession of the ball.
    "Many are looking for an antidote - even (Jose) Mourinho at Real Madrid - but cannot find it."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    John Coleman: Named the new manager of Rochdale

    JOHN COLEMAN TAKES ROCHDALE JOB

    Rochdale have appointed long-serving Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman as their new manager.
    Coleman succeeds Steve Eyre at Spotland after he was sacked just six month into his spell at the helm in December.
    League Two side Accrington gave Rochdale permission to speak to Coleman on Monday and they have quickly agreed personal terms.
    Coleman was the third-longest serving manager in English football after 13 years at the Crown Ground, but he has decided to take up the opportunity a league higher with Rochdale.
    Dale are second-bottom of League One and have not won in six matches under caretaker-boss Chris Beech and Coleman will take charge for the first time for this weekend's home clash with Bury.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Matthias Ginter is mobbed after scoring

    GINTER HANDED PRO DEAL

    Matthias Ginter has been rewarded for his goal in Freiburg's 1-0 win over Augsburg at the weekend by being given a full-time professional contract with the club.
    The 18-year-old was promoted from the youth team and starred as Freiburg moved off the foot of the table last Saturday.
    He was one of several players drafted into the first team by their new coach Christian Scheich, who himself was promoted from the role of youth team coach to first team coach this winter after Marcus Sorg was dismissed.
    Ginter, Oliver Sorg, Immanuel Hohn and Alexander Schwolow have all been fitted out with their first professional contracts.
    "We are delighted to be able to bring players from our youth team into the Bundesliga once again," said the club's director of sport Dirk Dufner on his club's website.
    "This is a success for Freiburg's youth philosophy. Overall, we have 10 players in our squad who have come through our own youth training system."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Arsene Wenger: Backed by Wojciech Szczesny

    WENGER BACKED BY SZCZESNY

    Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has hit out at fresh questions about Arsene Wenger's position as manager following the open revolt against one of his decisions.
    Wenger's relationship with Gunners supporters reached an all-time low on Sunday when they railed against his substitution of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Andrey Arshavin in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.
    Wenger, who admitted the change did not work after watching Arshavin fail to prevent Antonio Valencia setting up United's winner, is suddenly back under massive pressure after three successive Barclays Premier League defeats.
    The Frenchman rode out Arsenal's worst start to a season since 1958 - including the 8-2 humiliation at Old Trafford - but supporters never revolted quite as they did yesterday.
    There had also never been the spectacle of captain Robin van Persie appearing to react to the substitution with the word "no".
    However, Szczesny, who refused to criticise fans, insisted Wenger's position should never be called into question.
    "He's done a magnificent job over the 15 years and he's still doing it now," he said.
    "So I don't think his position at this club should ever be questioned."
    Oxlade-Chamberlain also backed his manager.
    Admitting he was pleased with the fan reaction to his own performance, the 18-year-old said: "He's Arsene Wenger, a top-quality manager for a number of years for Arsenal.
    "He's done a lot for this club so whatever he does and whatever decision he makes towards me and the team, I'll have to respect and I do respect that."
    He added: "The fans pay money to come and watch us so they have the right to have their own opinions and show their frustration.
    "But all we can guarantee and I can guarantee is the boys are completely focused on the task at hand.
    "We have meetings in the week and we talk about what we need to improve on.
    "Everyone is trying to push in the same direction and maybe it's not going for us how we may like at the moment.
    "Recently, we've had some very good performances but come up against some very good teams. We've just fallen short at the last hurdle.
    "All we can guarantee is we're working very hard in training and in games and we'll do all we can try put it right."
    It was a bittersweet full debut for the winger, who did not know for certain whether he would be starting until the morning of the game.
    "It's a stride in the right direction for me and that's what I want to be doing," said Oxlade-Chamberlain, who set up Van Persie's equaliser.
    "It's not going to be easy to keep that position. I can't say I will at all.
    "All I can do is keep working hard on the pitch and keep putting my all into it and try to repay the boss's trust with the performances.
    "Every game for Arsenal is massive for me. Whether it's in the FA Cup or the Carling Cup, I'm excited to play. You just have to come to the stadium and the fans to get excited.
    "But, obviously, such a massive occasion like against arguably the best team in the country in Man United, it doesn't come better than that.
    "To compare yourself against them is always nice and I was happy I got a chance."
    With Arsenal now five points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea, Oxlade-Chamberlain admitted stopping the rot was "crucial".
    "You know we've got to win every game and approach every game in the same way," he said.
    "We know what task lies ahead of us and we're going to keep fighting.
    "We've got belief in the dressing room and the manager believes, the boys believe and we know we've got the quality that it takes.
    "So we're just going to keep working hard and try and correct our mistakes and that's all we can do."
    Szczesny added: "You know, we've been there before and we've reacted very well.
    "I think we'll do the same thing again and make sure that this club goes in the right direction and we finish the season where we should."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Mario Balotelli: Controversial season for Manchester City

    AGENT PROVIDES BALOTELLI UPDATE

    Mario Balotelli's agent expects the Manchester City striker to stay at the Etihad Stadium until 2013 before assessing his future.
    The controversial Italian was charged by the Football Association on Monday as a result of his stamp on the face of Tottenham's Scott Parker.
    It is the latest talking point in Balotelli's eventful career and it provides critics with further reason to suggest he should leave City, with AC Milan reportedly interested.
    But, speaking on the same evening as his client's FA charge, the representative of the striker, who began his career at Inter Milan under now-City boss Roberto Mancini, ruled out a quick exit.
    "Mario and Roberto are not married, but Mario is grateful," agent Mino Raiola told GR Parlamento.
    "Sometimes they fight and argue, but Balotelli knows what Mancini was and is for him.
    "However, I cannot say that Mario will remain at Manchester City for life.
    "Certainly he will stay there this season and the next one, too. Then we will see."
    Raiola did not totally dismiss Milan's interest in signing Balotelli, but doubted whether the Italian club will ever be able to afford the forward amid the economic recession.
    "We know what a difficult time is passing through the Italian market," he said. "Mario is becoming the best player in the world and every year will become increasingly expensive.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Carlos Tevez: PSG move ruled out

    PSG END TEVEZ PURSUIT

    Paris St Germain sporting director Leonardo has confirmed the French club have ended their interest in Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez after failing to agree a deal.
    The free-spending Ligue 1 club - who are also chasing Chelsea defender Alex - have been consistently linked with the unsettled Argentinian forward in recent weeks as he looks to leave the Barclays Premier League.
    Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian had travelled to Paris to meet with senior club officials, including sporting director Leonardo and new coach Carlo Ancelotti. Tevez has also been pursued by Italian sides AC Milan and Inter Milan among others and Leonardo has confirmed they have been unable to strike a deal for the striker.
    "We stopped the negotiations," he told L'Equipe. "At the moment there is not much movement in the market.
    "There was an opportunity, we have studied it, we made a good offer but failed to agree a deal. We will not pay excessively so we stop. It's over."
    The Brazilian former World Cup winner did, however, confirm they are chasing Alex and Inter Milan midfielder Thiago Motta.
    "Both of them are possibilities but for now, nothing is done," he revealed.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Alex: Could head to Paris

    PSG CONFIRM ALEX INTEREST

    Paris Saint Germain have emerged as favourites in the bidding to secure the signature of Chelsea's Alex, after Queens Park Rangers failed to agree personal terms with the defender.
    The 29-year-old Brazilian had been in talks with QPR over a potential transfer across west London. However, Press Association Sport understand Alex will not be joining Mark Hughes' side as the club are unwilling to match his wage demands.
    PSG general manager Leonardo succinctly explained the club's current transfer dealings in an interview with L'Equipe.
    "Kaka? Nothing," said Leonardo. "Leandro Damiao? He does not move during this window.
    "Thiago Motta and Alex? For both, there is a possibility. But for now, nothing is done."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012

    Diniyar Bilyaletdinov: Set to join Spartak Moscow

    TOFFEES CLOSE TO BILYALETDINOV SALE

    Everton hope to conclude the sale of midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Spartak Moscow in the next couple of days.
    The Russian club yesterday claimed they had agreed a deal with the Toffees but that was dismissed as slightly premature by the Merseysiders.
    However, Everton have confirmed talks are currently taking place and they hope to seal the 5million sale of the Russia international before the weekend.
    "Discussions over the possible sale of Diniyar are ongoing with Spartak Moscow and we would hope to conclude these in the next 48 hours," a club spokesman told evertonfc.com.
    Bilyaletdinov's move will be subject to a medical and him agreeing personal terms.
    The 26-year-old joined Everton from Lokomotiv Moscow in August 2009 for 9million and has made 77 appearances, scoring nine goals.
    However, after scoring what was adjudged to be Everton's goal of the season in his maiden campaign he began to struggle in subsequent years.
    In the summer he began to publicly air his frustrations and unhappiness and suggested if the situation did not improve he would have to move to find regular first-team football.
    Bilyaletdinov has started just seven league matches this season and the club have decided he can now leave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 14-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 20:25:48
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 10-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 00:30:25
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 08-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 00:59:48
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 07-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 17:49:24
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 05-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 20:37:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •