Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012


    NEDUM ONUOHA JOINS QPR

    QPR have completed the signing of Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha on a four-and-a-half-year deal.
    The 25-year-old had been little more than a fringe player at City and now links up with former manager Mark Hughes at Loftus Road.
    Onuoha becomes the recently-appointed QPR manager's second signing following the recent addition of AC Milan's Taye Taiwo and moves for an undisclosed fee, which Press Association Sport understands is in the region of 2.5million.
    Hughes told the club's official website: "Nedum is a player I know very well.
    "He did very well for me at Manchester City and played a number of games, probably more than under any other manager."
    "This was the right time for me to join a club like QPR," Onuoha added on the club's official website.
    "The manager obviously played a massive factor in my decision to come here. I've worked with him before and he always wants players around him who are open and honest.
    "He wouldn't have come here if he didn't believe that there was a squad of players here that can achieve the goals he has.
    "The ambition of the owners was really appealing. This is my club now and I'll give everything to help us succeed."
    Onuoha could make his QPR debut in Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against west London rivals Chelsea, although Hughes has previously indicated he is willing to give the versatile defender time to settle in due to his recent lack of first-team football.
    Hughes added: "Nedum is very versatile. He can play centre-back or right-back, and has good pace. He is a very good addition to the squad."
    Hughes added: "It's important that we are able to attract good players here.
    "Nedum had other options but his experience with myself and the other guys here was a big factor in why he has come to us. I am pleased about that."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Carlos Tevez: AC Milan set to make final decision

    AC MILAN'S TEVEZ D-DAY LOOMS

    AC Milan will make a final decision regarding the signing of Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez on Friday, according to club vice-president Adriano Galliani.
    The Italian champions are hoping to land the Argentina international but have yet to reach an agreement with City regarding the transfer fee.
    City warned the Rossoneri they would not release Tevez on loan and that they would only accept offers of at least 30million euros.
    "We will make a definite decision on Friday," Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport.
    Should Milan fail in their pursuit of Tevez, the Rossoneri have already agreed terms with Catania to acquire forward Maxi Lopez instead.
    Lopez has been in Milan since Monday hoping to complete his permanent transfer to the Rossoneri club.
    "Will Maxi Lopez join as well? Who knows," Galliani said.
    "I will just confirm that if he doesn't arrive, then we will sign Tevez, but they are two alternative options."
    Lopez's agent is nevertheless confident his client will join Milan.
    "Opportunities to join a club like Milan don't come often in a career," Lopez's agent Andrea D'Amico said. "They have told us to wait a little bit longer with respect to the 48 hours that had been agreed.
    "Milan still has to resolve this situation but we trust Galliani.
    "I don't know when but I know Lopez will be a Rossonero player."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Willian: Chelsea target

    WILLIAN WOULD RELISH CHELSEA MOVE

    Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian insists he would relish the chance to join Chelsea this month.
    The Blues have had a 16.5million bid rejected for the Brazil international, with Shakhtar standing firm over their valuation.
    Willian, 23, has a release clause of around 29million, although it is believed a bid in excess of 20million could be enough.
    And the Shakhtar man admits he has already thought about playing in the Premier League.
    "I wouldn't have any fears about coming to England because I have played against English sides in the Champions League and studied the English game," he told The Sun.
    "To play in a league that is seen throughout the world would be good for my hopes of playing regularly for Brazil, especially with the World Cup at home in two years' time.
    "That is my aim. I've worked hard for four years to establish myself in the national team.
    "It has taken that long but now I feel I have a good relationship with the coach and I want to keep working hard, so I remain in the side.
    "There are times when you look at your life and realise how lucky you've been.
    "I've played for a great club in Corinthians and been successful. I moved to Shakhtar and that turned into a great move too.
    "There was talk about Barcelona and Arsenal before but now Chelsea are interested. If the next step of the adventure is England, then I would be excited by that."
    Willian admits current Chelsea stars David Luiz and Ramires have talked up the prospect of moving to Stamford Bridge.
    "I have friends in the Brazil side who play for Chelsea, like David and Ramires," he continued.
    "All they talk about is the thrill of being in a city like London and playing for a club like Chelsea.
    "I've known David since we played together in the Brazil Under-20 side and he talks about what Villas-Boas is trying to build at Chelsea.
    "He and Ramires feel he wants a core of young players who can mature and grow together but also be successful.
    "David says how the coach takes a real interest in all his players, how he can adapt different cultures together and bring the best out of them.
    "Then obviously there is life in London. David and Ramires say there's nothing like it anywhere else in the world - it's exciting and challenging at the same time."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Tim Ream: Has joined Bolton

    BOLTON COMPLETE TIM REAM DEAL

    Bolton have completed the signing of United States defender Tim Ream from the New York Red Bulls for an undisclosed fee.
    The 24-year-old, who has penned a three-and-a-half-year deal, has long been linked with a move to the Trotters and spent a week training with the club last year.
    Ream's arrival, which is subject to international clearance and immigration formalities, comes just over a week after England international Gary Cahill sealed his move to Chelsea.
    Bolton boss Owen Coyle said: "First and foremost we are absolutely delighted to secure Tim's services. He is a US international, a player that year on year has progressed and got better, and he will continue to do that.
    "He was trailed by a number of clubs, including West Brom and also Arsenal, who tried to sign him in the summer, so it is great that he sees his future here.
    "Tim is everything that we want in the players we are bringing to the club when we spend in the transfer market. He is young, has a tremendous attitude and a winning mentality. I know he will fit in well with the rest of the squad here at Bolton."
    Ream has been a virtual ever-present for the Red Bulls over the last two Major League Soccer seasons and has played seven times for the USA team, making his full debut against South Africa in November 2010.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Diniyar Bilyaletdinov: Relishing his move to Spartak

    BILYALETDINOV SWIPE AT EVERTON

    Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has aimed a parting shot at Everton as he prepares to seal his move to Spartak Moscow.
    The Russia international is poised to return to his homeland after Spartak agreed a fee with Everton for his services.
    The 26-year-old endured a difficult time at Goodison Park during his two-and-a-half years there, failing to nail down a regular spot in David Moyes' starting XI.
    Bilyaletdinov insists he is relishing his move to Spartak after hitting out at Everton's style of play and lack of creativity.
    "Naturally, it (the open football) attracts me. This is exactly what Everton have been missing lately," said Bilyaletdinov.
    "The team has problems with creating scoring chances, and converting them.
    "There was a whole set of circumstances against me. It is not so easy to be a foreign player in England."
    "But on the whole I am satisfied with the English stage of my career. I got invaluable experience from playing in the Premier League.
    "And off the pitch, there were positives: during this time I learnt the language, got married, met many interesting people."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Lee Lucas: Eager to play first-team football

    LUCAS MAKES BURTON SWITCH

    Highly-rated Swansea midfielder Lee Lucas has joined npower League Two promotion hopefuls Burton on loan until the end of the season.
    The 19-year-old, who has made nine appearances for Wales Under-21s, has featured just once for Swansea's first team, a 4-0 win over Sheffield United in May.
    Lucas told the club's official website: "I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to play some games and gain some more experience.
    "I can't wait to test myself against experienced players in League Two and sample the pressure that competitive football brings. I had a taste of league football last season against Sheffield United. I really enjoyed it and it spurred me on for more.
    "The manager called me into his office and told me about the possibility of going out on loan. He said it was a good opportunity for me, especially as Burton try to play the game the right way and are in with a chance of promotion. Hopefully I can help them achieve that goal.
    "To be honest, I had no hesitation in accepting the opportunity because I've been hoping to go out on loan for a while. The new reserve league has been good for me this season but I felt I needed to take the next step."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Mauro Cetto: On the move

    LILLE ADD CETTO ON LOAN

    Lille have confirmed the arrival of Argentinian defender Mauro Cetto on a six-month loan deal from Palermo.
    The 29-year-old becomes the French champions' second January recruit following the acquisition of striker Nolan Roux from Brest.
    Cetto, who spent nine years in France with Nantes and then Toulouse before leaving for Sicily last year, told www.losc.fr: "I have only just arrived, but I can already see that the facilities are of high quality. So too was the reception I received. I am delighted to be here.
    "It is true that I found it difficult to adapt to life in Italy. I did not get the playing time I wanted, and a lot of excitement around the Palermo team complicated everything. The opportunity to join Lille was something I immediately liked.
    "Year after year, LOSC grows. This is a club that can be considered for the future, although it works perfectly already.
    "When there are good players around you, it's even easier to integrate."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Michael Owen: Was linked with Brighton

    POYET LAUGHS OFF MICHAEL OWEN LINK

    Brighton boss Gus Poyet has laughed off speculation linking the club with an audacious move for Manchester United striker Michael Owen.
    Reports emerged earlier this week claiming the Seagulls were attempting to lure Owen to the South Coast.
    However, Poyet has moved to pour cold water on the rumours insisting Brighton have not made any enquiries for the former Liverpool man.
    "I didn't start the rumour," Poyet told the Brighton Argus.
    "I started one last week in here about selling Lewis Dunk to Real Madrid for 20million and nobody took it!
    "I woke up and everyone was texting me about Michael Owen, even my son who knows everything. I said I don't know anything about it. It would be a dream for this football club to have Michael Owen but it's not true.
    "I'm not saying he is not available or he doesn't want to come here and drop a few pounds in his salary but he was not contacted, he was not thought about, he was not on the list. But if he wants to come he can give me a call."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Jose Mourinho: No Inter return on cards

    INTER RULE OUT MOURINHO RETURN

    Jose Mourinho will not be returning to Inter Milan any time soon, according to the club's managing director Ernesto Paolillo.
    The Portuguese led Inter to a Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia treble before leaving in 2010 to join Real Madrid.

    On Wednesday, Inter board member Marco Tronchetti Provera opened the door for Mourinho's possible return.
    However, Paolillo said to Italian radio station CRC: "Ranieri is proving to be the coach that we thought he was, that is a great coach.
    "Hence, Ranieri will remain at Inter until he wants to. Mourinho to Inter? Absolutely not.
    "This period and this chapter says Ranieri, so it's useless to talk about things that don't make sense.
    "Ranieri knows how to do his job very well and that is why we want to keep him."
    Ranieri replaced sacked Giampiero Gasperini in October and has put Inter back on track following their poor start to the campaign.
    The Nerazzurri have won their last seven league games to climb to fourth in Serie A, six points behind league leaders Juventus.
    Ranieri and Inter did, however, suffer a reverse in midweek after losing 2-0 at Napoli to crash out of the Coppa Italia.
    "We now need to focus on doing well in Serie A and in the Champions League," Paolillo said.
    "We want to go as far as possible in the European competition. To reach the Champions League semi-finals would be a great achievement."
    Inter, who face Marseille in the last 16 of the Champions League, visit Lecce on Sunday.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012

    Gabriel Agbonlahor: Committed to Aston Villa

    AGBONLAHOR NOT EYEING A MOVE

    Gabriel Agbonlahor has pledged his future to Aston Villa and the England striker warned other clubs they would be wasting their time trying to prise him away.
    Agbonlahor has put a difficult 12 months under the then Villa manager Gerard Houllier behind him and been revitalised this season under Alex McLeish.
    The Academy product has netted seven goals so far during the current campaign and believes his commitment to Villa means any would-be Premier League predators shy away from making official bids.
    Agbonlahor said: "I think other clubs know how much I love playing for Villa. I don't think there's ever been a bid for me.
    "They know this is a club I want to stay at and it's somewhere it would be hard to get me to leave.
    "It's the same at other clubs who have players who are that club through and through - like Steven Gerrard at Liverpool.
    "They don't put bids in for us because they know we won't leave."
    Agbonlahor admits it is inevitable top players, like his Villa and England strike partner Darren Bent, will be linked with other clubs during the transfer window.
    Bent has been the subject of speculation involving Liverpool, although the club's record signing has made it clear he wants to remain at Villa.
    Agbonlahor said: "To be fair to Darren, he's just got on with his football, got another goal last week, and all he can do is concentrate on his games here.
    "It's crazy the number of transfer rumours you see. If you listen to rumours, we'd be buying 10 players.
    "Liverpool are maybe looking for another striker with Luis Suarez banned so top-quality players are going to be linked with them."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest Transfer Update at 24-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24-01-2012, 20:41:50
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 23-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 21:12:06
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 20-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-01-2012, 01:19:30
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 19-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-01-2012, 21:22:52
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 13-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13-01-2012, 20:35:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •