Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Andy Carroll: Wants to stay at Liverpool

    CARROLL DETERMINED TO BE ANFIELD HIT

    Club-record signing Andy Carroll is determined to make a success of his Liverpool career and has dismissed suggestions he will leave Anfield.
    The 35million striker has been the subject of intense speculation about his future after a tough first 12 months on Merseyside.
    Having been linked with a return to former club Newcastle reports emerged late on Saturday night that he had been offered to Manchester City in a swap deal with Carlos Tevez.
    Liverpool have refused to comment on the story, insisting they never do on transfer speculation, and Carroll has stressed his head has not been turned by speculation about moves elsewhere.
    "Not at all," he said when asked whether there was any point in the last year when he had regretted his move to Merseyside.
    "The club has been great with me and everyone outside the club has been fantastic and I am enjoying it down here.
    "Everyone has backed me and helped us along the way. I have signed a contract here and this is the team I am playing for."
    Carroll has been stoutly defended by manager Kenny Dalglish ever since his shock arrival on January deadline day last year.
    However, injury affected the latter half of last season and he has not yet found his form - or a regular starting spot - with just six goals in 36 appearances for his new club.
    But he played a key part for both goals in Saturday's 2-1 FA Cup fourth-round win over arch-rivals Manchester United at Anfield.
    For Daniel Agger's header he was the main distraction for goalkeeper David de Gea, who failed to get anywhere near Steven Gerrard's corner, while his flick-on sent Dirk Kuyt through for the winner with two minutes remaining after Park Ji-Sung had equalised shortly before half-time.
    "I thought I had did well and everyone else did but I've got to keep working on it and it will come," admitted Carroll.
    "I am just getting into my stride now. Everyone is getting used to how I play and I am getting used to everyone else.
    "Everyone is helping us as much as they can and I just need to get going.
    "I thought everyone played well and we deserved the win really. Everyone put a shift in and got what we wanted out of it at the end.
    "Obviously it was nice to get an assist but it doesn't really matter who sets them up or scores them really, as long as we get through like we did with everyone playing well.
    "Manchester United came here and all the lads were buzzing for this game and it showed as everyone was up for it and we got the result we wanted."
    Carroll's determination to do well at Anfield is matched by Kuyt, who admits he had found it tough after losing his place in the starting line-up.
    "It is very difficult, I am the type of player who needs games in a row," said the Holland international.
    "The more minutes I play the better I feel and I have been used to playing every game for the last 10 years of my career.
    "Obviously I just want to play every game and I have to try to prove that to manager every time I play.
    "It is the manager's decision and you have to respect that, especially when the manager is Kenny Dalglish."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Eden Hazard: Wants to play in the Premier League

    EDEN HAZARD EYES ENGLISH MOVE

    Highly-rated playmaker Eden Hazard has confirmed he wants to move to the Premier League, but he intends to finish the season at Lille.
    The Belgium international is among the most coveted young footballers in Europe and has been linked with a string of major clubs.
    Inter Milan and Paris St Germain are rumoured to be admirers of the 21-year-old, while London rivals Arsenal and Chelsea have regularly been credited with an interest.
    However, Hazard has ruled out leaving Lille before the close of the January transfer window as he wants to remain part of the club's bid to successfully defend the Ligue 1 title.
    "No, it's impossible," he told Canal+ regarding rumours he could join PSG this month.
    "I still have lots of things to do with Lille, we could win one or two trophies.
    "I want to concentrate on my game and enjoy life with my public and my team. I am not leaving."
    Hazard could depart at the conclusion of the campaign, though, and has admitted his preference is to play in the Premier League.
    "I think I'm heading to England, the style of play suits me," he said.
    "It is clear there are a lot of clubs interested in me. Paris? I have already said I would prefer to go abroad. I have [played in] over 100 Ligue 1 matches.
    "Paris is tempting with the players there now but it's a considered decision."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Ze Eduardo: Closing on Hammers loan

    WEST HAM TO SIGN ZE EDUARDO

    West Ham are on the brink of signing Brazilian striker Ze Eduardo on a loan deal.
    It has been reported that Eduardo, who plays for Italian club Genoa, is currently in London undergoing a medical.
    He joined Genoa on a 4m deal from Santos last year and made his debut against Milan.
    It has also been mooted that the 24-year-old could sign a permanent deal with the Championship leaders if all goes well with the Hammers between now and the end of the season.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    James Morrison: Doesn't expect any new arrivals

    MORRISON QUESTIONS ALBION'S AMBITION

    Stand-in skipper James Morrison has questioned West Brom's transfer policy and urged the club to bring in new players if they want to become an established force in the Barclays Premier League.
    Midfielder Morrison feels Albion "just settle for being in the Premier League" and could achieve more were head coach Roy Hodgson given additional backing.
    The club's major shareholder Jeremy Peace has always run a tight financial ship at the Hawthorns and seen Albion yo-yo between the top flight and the Championship.
    But Morrison believes Hodgson has stopped that trend and can take the club to new heights with greater financial support.
    When asked if he expected Albion to sign anyone before the transfer window closes on Tuesday, Morrison said: "I doubt it!
    "It sums us up. I think it's our policy that we don't bring players in so I don't expect it to happen.
    "This club can go places but it doesn't build. We just settle for being in the Premier League.
    "I believe with the group of players we've got we can kick on. We've players here who can easily play top half of the table football.
    "We just need a few reinforcements to the squad because a lot of players are playing a lot of games and a lot of minutes.
    "I've got ambitions to progress and this club can do it. It just needs a little bit of help.
    "The manager is an ambitious guy. He's been like that all through his career, and the fans deserve it as well.
    "Hopefully we can get a few new faces in and kick on. Anyone coming in always gives you a lift and it keeps you on your toes.
    "It always gives the crowd a lift, but it will probably be someone you don't know!"
    Morrison, skippering the side in place of the injured Chris Brunt, added: "I think every player in our dressing room is ambitious.
    "I'm someone who has been here since we got relegated, to getting back into the Premier League, to staying up last season and finishing 11th.
    "We just want to keep progressing and you want to do your best for your career."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Samba Diakite: Set for QPR move

    QPR CLOSE TO DIAKITE DEAL

    QPR are on the verge of signing Mali midfielder Samba Diakite on loan from Nancy.
    The French club have indicated the 23-year-old, who is part of Mali's African Nations Cup squad, is on his way to Rangers, though a spokesman for the Premier League club confirmed to Press Association Sport that the deal has yet to be finalised.
    Diakite would become manager Mark Hughes' third signing since taking over from Neil Warnock at Loftus Road, following the arrival of defenders Taye Taiwo and Nedum Onuoha.
    A statement on the Nancy website suggested terms had already been agreed but also that no contract had yet been signed by the player.
    It read: "Samba Diakite is officially on loan to English club Queens Park Rangers until the end of the season. This loan will change automatically to a permanent transfer if the London club, currently 16th, stay clear of the relegation zone.
    "Currently in Gabon with the Mali squad competing in the African Nations Cup, the player has received permission from coach Alain Giresse to make the round trip to London to undergo a medical and to sign his contract."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Nikica Jelavic: Reportedly wanted by Everton

    EVERTON INTERESTED IN JELAVIC

    Everton have been in touch with Rangers regarding Nikica Jelavic but it is understood that no official bid has yet been made.
    The Clydesdale Bank Premier League champions have already rejected a 7million package from West Ham for the 26-year-old Croatia striker, who missed Saturday's 4-0 win over Hibernian at Ibrox with a virus.
    Everton boss David Moyes made his move for Jelavic after Diniyar Bilyaletdinov completed his transfer to Spartak Moscow for an undisclosed fee, but one which has been reported as 5million.
    The Ibrox club are bracing themselves for the Merseysiders to make an official offer for a player who also been linked with Liverpool and QPR.
    However, it is understood Ibrox owner Craig Whyte is determined not to let Jelavic leave for anything less than his valuation of the player, thought to be 8million-plus, and will be more than happy to still have the player at the club on Wednesday morning.
    The Ibrox club are confident manager Ally McCoist will have at least one new player in his squad before the transfer window closes on Tuesday.
    McCoist had expressed interest in signing Pawel Brozek from Turkish club Trabzonspor but the Polish striker has agreed terms with Old Firm rivals Celtic and will join on loan until the end of the season subject to a medical.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Kevin de Bruyne: To undergo Blues medical

    DE BRUYNE SET FOR CHELSEA MEDICAL

    Kevin De Bruyne is set to undergo a medical at Chelsea ahead of his move from Genk, according to the Belgian club.
    The 20-year-old midfielder was on the brink of joining the Blues in a reported 6.7million deal on a five-and-a-half-year contract that would see him loaned back to his current team for the rest of the season.
    Asked if De Bruyne was at Chelsea on Monday for a medical, a Genk spokesmen told Press Association Sport: "Yes, that is correct."
    The spokesman also confirmed De Bruyne would see out the season with the Belgian champions before returning to Chelsea in the summer.
    The winger would then have to convince manager Andre Villas-Boas to make him part of the Blues' first-team plans, which could be tricky.
    Villas-Boas admitted on Friday that Chelsea's pursuit of De Bruyne - who would become their second January capture after Gary Cahill - had nothing to do with him.
    Indeed, they were linked with the player before Villas-Boas took charge last summer.
    The Portuguese, who insisted he had no problem with Chelsea's recruitment policy, said: "It's a target that's decided by the club, that I knew about for quite some time.
    "He was under the scrutiny of the club for some time, we've been following this player.
    "[Romelu] Lukaku the same, and Petr Cech was the same when we arrived in 2004.
    "In the sense that it's the club policy for the future, it's the right thing (to buy him) and I'll do everything in my power for him to reach maximum potential.
    "But it's down to the club in decision-making."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Samba Diakite: Joins QPR until the end of the season

    QPR COMPLETE DIAKITE LOAN

    QPR have completed the signing of Nancy defensive midfielder Samba Diakite, the Premier League club have announced.
    French club Nancy indicated last night that the 23-year-old was on his way to Loftus Road and the Rs have now confirmed the Mali international's signature.
    Diakite has joined on loan until the end of the season when QPR have the right to make the transfer permanent.
    "Samba is a young player who has made an impression on French football," QPR manager Mark Hughes told the club's official website, www.qpr.co.uk.
    "There has been a lot of interest in him from top clubs in France so we have done really well to get him in.
    "He is a good age, has got strength, power, can carry the ball and can score goals from midfield on occasions.
    "He will give us more physical presence and athleticism in the middle of the park so he is going to be a good addition."
    Diakite is currently on international duty at the African Nations Cup but flew to London for a medical on Sunday afternoon, with the required paperwork completed at Monday lunchtime.
    "It is a dream to join a Premier League club," Diakite said.
    "The board and the manager have big ambitions to achieve and I am delighted to join a club with such goals.
    "I have always enjoyed watching English football and I can't wait to return from the African Nations Cup and give my all for the club. It is a very exciting move for me."
    Diakite becomes manager Mark Hughes' third signing since taking over from Neil Warnock at Loftus Road, following the arrival of AC Milan left-back Taye Taiwo and Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha.
    Manchester United striker Federico Macheda arrived on loan earlier this month during Warnock's reign.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Lucas Barrios: Linked with Fulham move

    DORTMUND'S BARRIOS IN FULHAM LINK

    Borussia Dortmund have confirmed they still have business to do in the transfer window with reports claiming they are set to sell Lucas Barrios to Fulham.
    The 27-year-old has fallen down the pecking order under coach Jurgen Klopp and has not scored this season.
    But the Paraguayan is a proven goalscorer with over 30-goals in his previous two season.
    Now sources in German claim that Fulham are closing in on a deal for the striker, who will cost in excess of 7million.
    Klopp did not confirm a deal with Fulham, but he did admit Dortmund were not finished with the window.
    "We will have things left to do (until the end of the transfer window)," he told Ruhr Nachrichten.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 30-01-2012

    Kevin Davies: Subject of Black Cats bid

    SUNDERLAND HAVE DAVIES BID REJECTED

    Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill has confirmed that the club have had a bid for Bolton striker Kevin Davies rejected.
    The Black Cats, who had earlier made an enquiry about the 34-year-old, firmed up their interest on Monday morning, but were met with a flat refusal.
    O'Neill said: "We have have made an offer to Bolton for him, and that has been rejected at the moment. We will see where we stand later on today."
    Bolton boss Owen Coyle had earlier insisted he wanted to keep his captain, but admitted it could depend on the player.
    O'Neill added: "We would have to organise something with Bolton first of all and at the moment, we seem to be apart in those aspects.
    "But perhaps later on today, I might have a better idea."
    O'Neill also confirmed that midfielder Craig Gardner will not be allowed to leave the club ahead of tomorrow's transfer deadline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 21-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-01-2012, 21:27:30
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 20:21:30
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 08-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 00:59:48
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 07-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 17:49:24
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-01-2012.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 21:08:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •