Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Andrey Arshavin: Support from Arsene Wenger


    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claims Andrey Arshavin remains part of his plans heading forward and is backing the Russian playmaker to silence his critics.
    Arshavin has become a target for the Arsenal boo boys this term, with a dip in form making him an easy terrace target.
    His efforts have not been helped by intense speculation regarding his future, with it claimed that he could still be on his way out of the Emirates Stadium before the season is out.
    With the Russian transfer window still open, a return to his homeland is being widely touted.
    Wenger, though, has offered no indication that he is looking to move Arshavin on, with it his desire to retain the services of his experienced international stars.
    He has complete faith in the 30-year-old's ability and has called on him to be patient in his efforts to hold down a regular role and win over a sceptical fan base.
    "At the moment we play a little bit under difficult circumstances, but we have to realise that we have to support our players," said Wenger.
    "I understand everybody's frustrations because I am quite tolerant, but there is still a difference between frustration and lack of respect.
    "I personally have a huge respect for Andrey Arshavin and if you would see him behave every day, you would have one as well."
    Wenger added: "Things can change quickly - villain today, hero tomorrow, it is like that nowadays - but when you are a good football player like he is you can always come back."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Nilmar: Talks with Sao Paulo have broken down


    Villarreal striker Nilmar will not be joining Sao Paulo after the player failed to agree personal terms with the Brazilian giants.
    The 27-year-old had been in discussions over a potential return to his native Brazil but the club has been forced to withdraw from the talks as they are unwilling to break their wage policy.
    "Unfortunately, there was no agreement with the player's agent to ensure the negotiation's success, which for now has led us to pull out of the deal," Sao Paulo official Adalberto Baptista told Globoesporte.
    "The agent and the player have every right to look for the best deal possible when signing a new contract, but Sao Paulo could not break their salary policy that has been in place for years.
    "This has brought the club a financial stability that has been invaluable in times like these, when so much is heard of delays and non-payment of salaries."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Mick McCarthy and Steve Morgan held talks


    Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has held clear-the-air talks with owner-chairman Steve Morgan after his verbal dressing-room attack on the players following Tuesday's 3-0 home defeat by Liverpool.
    Morgan made his feelings known to the squad after Wolves' sequence without a Barclays Premier League win was extended to nine matches.
    But McCarthy insists the matter was resolved in a meeting on Wednesday and Morgan's outburst has "not eroded my authority".
    McCarthy said: "It's common knowledge that the chairman came down to the dressing room.
    "I've spoken to him about it and it's been sorted out. It was all done on Wednesday.
    "He knows my feelings on it and that's enough for me. I don't have to give anyone a headline.
    "We're second-bottom and have won two games in 21 so do I need to sensationalise anything else? We've spoken about it and it's been sorted out."
    McCarthy added: "This is the first time in my managerial career a chairman has done that.
    "I don't feel it erodes my authority, but we've spoken and Steve knows my views about that and all that remains private.
    "There is no animosity and no hard feelings and we have moved on."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Lee Clark: 'It's just speculation'


    Huddersfield boss Lee Clark has confirmed he has not been approached by Leeds about the vacant manager's job at Elland Road.
    Leeds sacked Simon Grayson, assistant manager Glynn Snodin and first-team coach Ian Miller on Wednesday following a series of disappointing results that saw the club slide out of the top six in the npower Championship.
    Clark, reported to be Leeds chairman Ken Bates' first choice to succeed Grayson, said no contact had been made, but stopped short of ruling himself out of the job.
    He said: "It's just speculation. Until I'm told otherwise I'm the manager of Huddersfield Town."
    Clark, hoping to lead Huddersfield to promotion to the Championship in his third full season in charge at the Galpharm Stadium, was installed as the bookmakers' favourite on Thursday alongside former QPR and Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock.
    The 39-year-old added: "I'm aware of it, but ultimately it's the same as last time.
    "I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, but it's because people outside our football club think I'm doing a good job.
    "I've been linked with a number of jobs over the past 12 months, but that's because our record backs that up.
    "We've had only two defeats in 53 league games, the value of the squad is hugely higher than when I came to the club and the corporate side of the club is going through the roof, which is only down to the way the team plays.
    "I don't think I'm too bad a manager really and that's why people are interested I think."
    Bates is in no rush to make a decision, with academy coach Neil Redfearn placed in temporary charge for Saturday's game at Bristol City.
    A statement from Leeds read: "The club has been inundated with credible approaches for the vacant managerial position since the departure of Simon Grayson and his staff on Wednesday.
    "The club will begin the process of examining the expressions of interest early next week.
    "We can confirm at this stage that no approaches have been made, either directly or indirectly, to potential candidates either in work or currently looking for employment, although we have been offered the services of many who are currently in work."
    Grayson, who won promotion to the Championship while in charge of Blackpool in 2007, succeeded Gary McAllister as Leeds boss in December 2008.
    He won automatic promotion from npower League One in 2010 and steered the club to seventh in the Championship last season.
    However, three successive defeats over the Christmas period and indifferent form since have cost him his job and he admitted he shed a tear after being told his services were no longer wanted.
    The 42-year-old, who had previously been released by the club as a player, told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "I had a tear in my eye when I left the club 20 years ago and I had a tear in my eye again [on Thursday].
    "The only difference was I went with one bin liner of stuff 20 years ago, this time it was three!
    "I would like to thank all the players who have played within my three years. Also, my thanks goes to all my staff who have been helpful during my period in charge.
    "I wish the supporters all the best for the future and maybe one day I may get the chance to come back to this great football club."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Ezekiel Fryers: Denies contract rejection talk


    Manchester United starlet Ezekiel Fryers has taken to Twitter to deny that he has rejected a new contract.
    The 19-year-old defender is the latest Red Devils prospect to be linked with a move away from the club.
    Fryers was reported to have snubbed a contract offer from United and there was talk Tottenham were eyeing a move for the teenager.
    But he has now used his Twitter account to deny he has rejected an offer from United.
    "Why is everyone believing what they read...I haven't rejected the contract!" he tweeted.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Fraser Fyvie: Will not be extending his contract


    Aberdeen manager Craig Brown is certain midfielder Fraser Fyvie will leave Pittodrie this year.
    The 18-year-old, who has made more than 50 first team appearances despite a cruciate ligament injury disrupting his progress, has told Brown he will not extend his contract after rejecting an initial offer.
    Aberdeen would receive compensation should Fyvie depart at the end of his contract in December but will listen to offers for the player in the summer, with Brown explaining he was joking when referring to a 5million bid earlier this week.
    Brown, whose side host Queen of the South in the William Hill Scottish Cup tomorrow, said: "At no time has Fraser Fyvie mentioned money but he has said he would like to pursue his career in England.
    "He has been honest about it and I don't think he would be disposed to stay in Scotland.
    "I respect what he says - he wants to play at the highest level and that is in England."
    Brown, who lost teenager Jack Grimmer to Fulham last month, added: "He is very single-minded and, although I think he is a bit premature going before he has established himself, that is my opinion, that doesn't matter to him.
    "I predict he'll sign a pre-contract in the summer and will leave in December.
    "He's had a hard time, Fyvie, and if I were his agent, I would say wait a little while longer.
    "But young lads nowadays want to be superstars early, and he might well be. That's his decision and we've just got to accept it."
    Brown's immediate concern is First Division Queen of the South, who delivered arguably the most damaging of a series of cup shocks Aberdeen have suffered in recent years, with a 4-3 semi-final win in the 2008 competition.
    The latest upset was a home defeat by East Fife in the Scottish Communities League Cup in September but striker Rory Fallon insists the Dons are now a different prospect after going six games unbeaten.
    The summer signing told RedTV: "From the time I got here to now, we have come on leaps and bounds.
    "We have added to the squad and are more confident and are grinding out wins whereas before we were losing them.
    "It's a totally different team from that game to now.
    "A lot of lads are doing really well and confidence is a massive thing. When you go to Rangers and get a draw, you then start to look to win against them, and it breeds confidence in the dressing room."
    Brown boosted his squad considerably in January by bringing in defenders Mark Reynolds and Russell Anderson, midfielders Stephen Hughes and Gavin Rae, plus striker Daniel Uchechi, although only Hughes and Reynolds are definitely available tomorrow.
    Fallon said: "They are all quite battle-hardened so they know what it's all about. You can't put a price on experience.
    "It's good to have a balance. When I first came here I think it was a bit too young, but you don't want it to be too old."
    Fallon added: "We definitely can't underestimate them. I have been in small teams and big teams and you get upsets.
    "Football is like that - when you take your foot off the accelerator, you get punished.
    "We have all been through that - losing to smaller teams. We have got to tuck this one away."
    Uchechi has picked up a knock in training and could miss the game while Rae is cup-tied and Anderson is on an injury list that also includes Youl Mawene, Rob Milsom, Isaac Osbourne, Yoann Folly and Peter Pawlett.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Ally McCoist: Remains committed to Rangers


    Rangers manager Ally McCoist insists there are no problems between himself and chairman Craig Whyte after stressing he has no plans to quit the Scottish champions.
    Rumours that he could walk away from the job were rife after he emerged from Ibrox looking grim-faced following a meeting with Whyte on transfer deadline day and then failed to secure a replacement for top goalscorer Nikica Jelavic.
    And while McCoist admits he has had disagreements with the owner, he is adamant they both ultimately have the club's best interests at heart.
    He said: "He wants success for this football club just as much as I do but we've both got different ways and beliefs in how we get there.
    "He has to run the business. He runs the club and the club has to be successful.
    "My job is to make the club successful by putting a winning team on the park so we both have the same aims and beliefs and desires, we've just got different jobs to do and different ideas how we get there.
    "I've got a fantastic, healthy relationship with Craig and have done since he came to the club.
    "Like all healthy, working relationships, we don't agree on everything.
    "I believe if we did, it would be unhealthy but we never fall out and we don't have a problem."
    Asked if he thought about quitting, McCoist replied: "Absolutely never. I'm as committed to doing this job as I've ever been."
    Rangers failed with a deadline day bid for Norwich striker Grant Holt and McCoist concedes the club simply could not afford his top targets.
    However, he says he was in a position to make additions before the transfer window closed and chose not to.
    He said: "I could have, yes. But I didn't feel they would really benefit the squad or the team.
    "As manager of the club, I have to put a team out on the park that wins football games.
    "There are lots of players out there that we could have made bids for. We didn't, simply because I didn't think they would benefit the team.
    "The ones that I wanted, including Grant Holt who we put a bid in for, were just a little bit too expensive for us, which I can totally appreciate because Craig has to run a business.
    "The most important thing is the running and welfare of the football club.
    "That is more important than the results, believe me.
    "I know he's doing the best thing for the football club and I can only say that's the correct thing to do."
    McCoist also backed Whyte's decision to sanction Jelavic's reported 5.5million switch to Everton.
    He said: "I can understand Craig's position on that one because I know the financial situation at the club isn't good.
    "It's been well-documented that if a suitable offer came in for Nikica - or any player - it would be accepted. This wasn't news to me.
    "As disappointed as I was to see Nikica go, Craig only made that decision for the benefit of the club financially.
    "I can totally understand that."
    Whyte told supporters in an open letter he sanctioned the sale of Jelavic partly because the player wanted to leave, however Jelavic then claimed he did not force his exit and would have been willing to remain at Rangers.
    McCoist said: "If he's saying that to you, I don't think he's going to lie to you.
    "There has maybe been a little too much made of it because there is certainly no ill feeling between any of us and Nikica.
    "I had a wonderful relationship with him and I'll continue to have a wonderful relationship with Nikica.
    "It has been very well-documented that he had big ambitions to play in the Premiership. He has gone down there now with Everton and we wish him all the very best."
    Looking ahead to the remainder of the season, starting with Sunday's William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Dundee United, McCoist said: "I feel I have to be very positive and I will be.
    "The most important thing is that our players still believe we can retain the title and win the Scottish Cup.
    "We really need the continued support from our fans.
    "It's absolutely vital for us to have any success on the park this year, which we still believe we can do if we get the support from the fans and everybody gets together.
    "What we need now is unity. We don't need doom and gloom.
    "We have to be positive and we have to believe and head forward in the one direction."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-02-2012

    Raddy Antic: Sights set on Leeds job


    Former Serbia boss Raddy Antic has set his sights on the vacant manager's job at npower Championship side Leeds.
    The 63-year-old has applied for the post occupied until earlier this week by Simon Grayson.
    Sources close to Antic have revealed the hugely experienced coach is ready to return to the English game and would relish the opportunity to resume his career at Elland Road.
    Bookmakers William Hill have installed Huddersfield's Lee Clark as a 5/4 favourite and were quoting former QPR manager Neil Warnock at 7/2.
    Antic's press agent Paul Gough said: "Radomir will undoubtedly be one of the most experienced and qualified coaches to apply for the Leeds job.
    "He is hugely qualified and immensely hungry for the opportunity. He would love the chance to boss at Elland Road - it is something he knows he would be very successful at."
    Antic, who spent four years at Luton during his playing days, launched his coaching career at Real Zaragoza, and his impressive curriculum vitae since has seen him take the helm at Real Madrid, Real Oviedo, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Celta Vigo before he was appointed as Serbia coach in 2008.
    He guided his side to the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa but, after a disappointingly early exit, lost his job in September of the same year.
    After an opening defeat by Ghana, the Serbians stunned Germany - who went on to reach the semi-finals - with a 1-0 victory in Port Elizabeth, before a 2-1 loss to Australia ended their Group D campaign and ensured a swift return home.
    Antic received a four-game touchline ban and a fine for unruly behaviour as a result of comments made in the wake of the final game.

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 01-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 20:51:06
  2. Latest Transfer Update at 26-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-01-2012, 15:45:09
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 12-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-01-2012, 00:41:39
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 19:21:30
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 06-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 13:43:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts