Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 05-02-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 05-02-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 05-02-2012

Robin van Persie: Barcelona deny making a move

BARCELONA REJECT RVP RUMOURS

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has denied the club have held talks with Arsenal over striker Robin van Persie.
    The Holland international's Gunners contract expires in 2013, leading to intense speculation over his long-term future at Emirates Stadium.
    Reports suggested the Spanish giants had spoken with the Londoners with a view to landing Van Persie in the summer.
    However, Barca say no contact has been made with the club or his agent and that they are focused on winning the Liga and Copa del Rey.
    "Nothing exists with RVP," explained Bartomeu after Saturday's 2-1 win over Real Sociedad.
    "It's rumours that appear in the papers. We've not contacted Arsenal, nor his agent.
    "Our focus is now on the Liga and Copa del Rey. It's necessary to be focused on the task at hand and not be distracted by the transfer market."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 05-02-2012

Rodallega: Expects to leave Wigan

RODALLEGA EXPECTS SUMMER EXIT

Hugo Rodallega claims to already be in discussions with other clubs, as he prepares to leave Wigan as a free agent in the summer.
    The Colombian striker is in the final year of his contract at the DW Stadium and will see that agreement expire at the end of the season.
    It was expected that Wigan would look to cash in on his services during the January transfer window, rather than risk losing him nothing.
    No switch was pushed through, though, and Rodallega will see out the campaign with the Latics.
    He is hoping to play a leading role in the club's Premier League survival bid, but has made it clear that he will be heading for pastures new in the not too distant future.
    "It's sure that I won't play anymore for them after this season," Rodallega told The People.
    "This will be my last three months with Wigan.
    "I'm already talking with other teams, but I won't name them. I must respect Wigan.
    "Wigan have received many offers for me, but they always said no.
    "I want to leave Wigan with the team having avoided relegation.
    "I would love that Wigan fans recognise my effort when I leave the club in May."

Uploads

Modric: Tottenham star

SPURS FACE MODRIC FIGHT - PIENAAR

Everton loanee Steven Pienaar believes Tottenham will have a fight on their hands retaining playmaker Luka Modric this summer.
    The Croatia international was wanted by Chelsea before the start of the season, but Spurs refused to do business with their London rivals.
    The 26-year-old was understood to have submitted a transfer request and Pienaar knows it is difficult for a club to retain a player when he wants to move.
    The South African ace is now back with Everton following a less than successful year-long spell at White Hart Lane and can see the argument from both sides.
    Pienaar can see Spurs' need to keep their best players in the squad, while he also believes players can sometimes only have a few opportunities to move on during their careers.
    "Luka is a top player for Spurs and if he leaves it is hard to say what will happen there," Pienaar told the Sunday Mirror.

"He is such an important member of the team. Tottenham will want to keep him at the club, but it is difficult when a player like him wants to move on.
    "As a player only a few opportunities to move on come up in your life, so I can see it from both sides.
    "It was hard for Luka at the start of the season because he was thinking about his future. But he is a good professional and after the chance to leave Spurs passed he did everything he could for the team. He is that kind of guy.
    "That's why the other players like him so much. But I understand from my own experience that if a good opportunity is blocked by your club, it can be hard to concentrate."

Uploads

Taylor: Has become an important player

RYAN TAYLOR TARGETS TOON STAY

Ryan Taylor is hoping to be offered an extension to his Newcastle contract after forcing his way back into favour.
    The versatile 27-year-old has not always been considered a first-team regular during his time on Tyneside.
    Former Magpies boss Chris Hughton opted to use him sparingly, leaving the former Wigan man frustrated on the sidelines.
    He refused to rock the boat, though, and has knuckled down under the tutelage of Alan Pardew.
    His efforts have been rewarded with a prolonged run in the side and he is now setting his sights on earning an extended stay.
    On his transformation from squad player to key performer, Taylor said: "It was tough. It is not down to me, it is down to the managers and to preferences.
    "The manager now seems to be working well with me.
    "I am so happy that I didn't moan or ask to leave. My patience has paid off.
    "I have 18 months left here and I would love to stay."

Uploads

Pavel Pogrebnyak: Signed for Fulham

JOL REVEALS POGREBNYAK REFEREES

Fulham manager Martin Jol has revealed he took the advice of fellow Dutchmen Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocaat before signing striker Pavel Pogrebnyak from Stuttgart.
    Pogrebnyak has joined the Cottagers on a six-month contract, although the 28-year-old missed Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Manchester City as he is yet to secure a work permit.
    As Jol does not expect it to come through until Thursday or Friday next week, Pogrebnyak is already a doubt for next Saturday's home encounter with Stoke.
    However, after speaking with Hiddink and Advocaat, who have both worked closely with Pogrebnyak during their time as coach of the Russia national team, Jol is content he has got himself a good deal, even though the forward has struggled to make an impact in the Bundesliga.
    "No, Pavel hasn't had a great time at Stuttgart, but if he had, we wouldn't have got him," said Jol.
    "We have to take them when they are playing badly, otherwise they are not in the market for us.
    "I spoke to Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocaat about it and he has had some great spells as well.
    "It was a very good opportunity. But of course, he has to prove it."