Thread: Newbie

Question Newbie

Hi there,

just to say - I am quite a newbie an all these things.

I have got a CryptoWorks smartcard enabled for my "local" TV provider (austrian ORF on Astra 19°) and a smartcard reader.

My reader "accepts", i.e. detects, the card and reads the ATR without problems (this means I can "talk" with the card, no?)

So my question now is - how can I "insert" or program other keys than my ORF key onto the card? I would be really interested in things like easyTV or PREMIERE, spanish D+ and british Sky is also interesting to me (all of them are broadcasting on Astra 19° as far as I know)

So what can I do, or what do I need to do it?

P.S.: my smartcard reader is USB PC/SC - but this should not be a big problem, no?

Uploads

Re: Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by geogeogeo View Post
    Hi there,

just to say - I am quite a newbie an all these things.

I have got a CryptoWorks smartcard enabled for my "local" TV provider (austrian ORF on Astra 19°) and a smartcard reader.

My reader "accepts", i.e. detects, the card and reads the ATR without problems (this means I can "talk" with the card, no?)

So my question now is - how can I "insert" or program other keys than my ORF key onto the card? I would be really interested in things like easyTV or PREMIERE, spanish D+ and british Sky is also interesting to me (all of them are broadcasting on Astra 19° as far as I know)

So what can I do, or what do I need to do it?

P.S.: my smartcard reader is USB PC/SC - but this should not be a big problem, no?

Hello Geogeo,

first let me wish you a pleasant time on the best sat site.. Hope you 'll enjoy it.

I can't help you a lot with your card because I don't know it, but what i can tell, it is very difficult to manage official card to insert other keys on it.. may be impossible i want to say..

For the tv chanels like premiere abd d+, unfortunately there is no public keys at the moment... they have changed things in the nagra coding system and as I know it's quite difficult to "open" it... only with cardsharing or with some cerebro cards it may be possible...

The coding system for Sky channels has not been hacked yet... only with cardsharing...

Regards...

Uploads

hello, i have a fortec star lifetime ultra and i think that i am a newbie at all this, but i put the keys in, but some channels still dont come.. can i use factory setting(delete channels)and rescan it .. cant that change anything?

thx in advance guys!

Uploads

How to get the cardsharing or where I can get it.

Regards,

Makone