Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 06-02-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 06-02-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 06-02-2012

Daniele De Rossi: New Roma deal done

NEW ROMA DEAL FOR DE ROSSI

Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi has committed his future to the Giallorossi by signing a five-year contract extension.
    The 28-year-old Italy international, whose previous deal was due to expire this summer, had been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League, with Manchester City reportedly particularly keen to acquire his services.
    However, Sunday's announcement - which comes after months of negotiations between the player and the American-owned club - looks set to end such speculation.
    "We have reached an agreement with De Rossi for five years," Roma general director Franco Baldini said to Mediaset. "(On Monday) we will give the financial details of the deal.
    "We are delighted to announce this agreement. It has been a difficult renewal because he (De Rossi) could have chosen other destinations. This has represented an added hurdle but he chose us and that is a good sign."
    De Rossi has played all of his career for Roma and featured in Sunday's 4-0 triumph over Inter Milan after missing the last two Serie A games with a back injury.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-02-2012

Samba: Transfer request was turned down

KEAN WANTS SAMBA RESOLUTION

Blackburn manager Steve Kean is eager for the situation surrounding want-away defender Chris Samba to be resolved as soon as possible.
    Samba has not played for Rovers since the beginning of January after seeing his transfer request rejected.
    The Congolese centre-back was linked with Tottenham, Queens Park Rangers and French giants Paris St Germain during the winter transfer window but was refused a move.
    He was left out of Kean's squad for Saturday's trip to Arsenal, where Blackburn suffered a 7-1 thrashing, despite being fit.
    The manager wants to see his future decided sooner rather than later, admitting Rovers felt his absence at Emirates Stadium.
    He said "Without going too deep he's fit and he's available for selection but I've decided not to put him in the squad.
    "It's a situation we'd like to get resolved as soon as possible because I think the way we are just now is not really helpful for anybody - us or him.
    "He's one of our key defenders and you always miss any player when they're not available."
    Meanwhile Kean intends to make sure Blackburn never get torn apart like they did at Arsenal again.
    Rovers remain 19th, three points behind Wolves who won at fellow strugglers QPR, whom they host next weekend.
    Kean said: "I have done enough talking. Now what we will do is get back on the training ground and will work ourselves through it.
    "We will be speaking about the game, analysing it. We will be doing sessions to replicate if it happened again - those situations in wide areas where we need to be putting pressure on the ball and we need to be doubling up.
    "We will go through it, every scenario, we will work ourselves through every goal and situation, so that it doesn't happen again."
    Kean added: "We have not got may games left and we need to get to a position on points that is going to take us out of this zone we are in."

Uploads

Davis: Wants new arrivals

DAVIS WANTS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

Rangers captain Steven Davis has issued a plea for new players to bolster the squad after crashing out of the William Hill Scottish Cup to Dundee United at Ibrox on Sunday.
    Mervan Celik - who was substituted after just 45 minutes of his first start in the 2-0 defeat - was the club's only capture of the January window despite the sale of top goalscorer Nikica Jelavic to Everton on transfer deadline day.
    With manager Ally McCoist unable to secure a replacement before the deadline, Davis knows free agents are the only option now but would like to see the manager given the green light to make some new additions.
    The midfielder said: "The window is closed and it's only frees that are going to be available but it would be nice to see a bit of investment in the team and try to add to what we've already got.
    "The problem is that we've got a lot of key players out as well and that's something that's gone against us this season."
    Rangers' financial plight has been well-documented as they await the verdict of a tax tribunal that could leave them with a bill of 49million if they lose a dispute with HMRC.
    Davis added: "That's been hanging over us for a long period of time now.
    "But it's disappointing to see players like Jelavic - a very important player - leave without really getting anybody in.
    "That was a bit of a blow for the players."
    As well as the Scottish Cup, Rangers have also exited the Champions League, the Europa League and the Scottish Communities League Cup.
    Their only hope of silverware now is the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title but - despite once boasting a 15-point lead - the Scottish champions now trail Celtic by a point having played a game more.
    Asked if Rangers' season is in danger of crumbling altogether, Davis said: "It's up to everybody in the dressing room to make sure that doesn't happen.
    "I think the league is still there for us, without doubt.
    "Sometimes it's hard to reflect on it straight after the game when everyone is a little bit down and it's hard to see the positives to take out of the situation.
    "But we will get back to work, roll our sleeves up and get ready to go again.
    "We've had a lot of success over the last number of years but now is the time, when things are going against you, for everybody to be pushing in the same direction.
    "We need to give it our all and show the desire and what it means to pull on that shirt."
    Reflecting on the defeat to United, the Northern Irishman added: "It's quite simple - it just wasn't good enough.
    "Overall, we got what we deserved and that was nothing."
    First half goals from Gavin Gunning and Johnny Russell secured a fifth-round win for United.
    Russell said: "Rangers are always going to be difficult and they worked hard but it just didn't come off for them and we took our chances and came away with the win."
    The striker was recently linked with a move to Celtic but says he is happy to remain at Tannadice for now.
    He added: "It's good to hear that clubs are interested in you, especially massive clubs like Celtic.
    "But I think the best place for me just now is Dundee United. I've still got a lot to learn and hopefully I can do it here."

Uploads

Terry has been backed by Capello

CAPELLO MIGHT BE IN HOT WATER - DAVIES

Former Football Association chief executive David Davies has suggested that England manager Fabio Capello may be in breach of contract after he openly challenged the decision to strip John Terry of the national team captaincy.
    The Italian spoke out in defence of Terry, who was removed as England skipper by FA chairman David Bernstein on Friday without any consultation with Capello, during an interview with Italian broadcaster Rai 1 yesterday.
    The FA opted to axe Terry as captain once it was known the Chelsea defender would not face trial over allegations he used racist language to Anton Ferdinand at Loftus Road in October until July, after Euro 2012. Terry denies the charge.
    Asked whether he was in agreement with FA's decision, Capello said: "No, absolutely not.
    "I have spoken to the chairman and I have said that, in my opinion, one cannot be punished until it's official and the court - a non-sporting court, a civil court - has made a decision to decide if John Terry has done what he has been accused of."
    Speaking to BBC's Breakfast Time show on Monday morning, Davies said that Capello, who reportedly earns 6million-a-year as manager of the national side, may have breached his contract with his comments and could face action from the FA.
    "It is being taken very seriously by the FA because it may be that Fabio Capello has breached his contract," said Davies.
    "You have to ask what his motive is. You have to suspect he wants to prevent John Terry retiring as a player before Euro 2012 but there are wider issues.
    "You could have what some of the media are calling a morality circus while England are trying to win the second major tournament in football.
    "A contract may have been breached, there is strong leadership now at the FA from David Bernstein. Last week he wasn't slow to take things forward and he may not be slow to do so now."

Uploads

McCarthy: His side are out of the relegation zone

McCARTHY THANKS MORGAN FOR SUPPORT

Mick McCarthy feels he owes Wolves chairman Steve Morgan "a debt of gratitude" for his on-going support.
    The 2-1 victory at QPR on Saturday ended a nine-game winless streak and saw the Black Country club climb out of the relegation zone.
    Much had been made of the visit by owner-chairman Morgan to the players' dressing room after last week's 3-0 home defeat by Liverpool.
    McCarthy maintained that matter had been "sorted out" quickly and, after the win over Rangers, the Wolves manager highlighted the support he has from the boardroom.
    "Can I just say something about my owner? We have won three games in 22 and I am still here as the manager of Wolves," McCarthy said on the club's official website.
    "Let me tell you that is some level of support so let's not forget that.
    "When everyone is writing negative stuff about me and Steve he has been as supportive as anyone else.
    "I owe him a debt of gratitude for that."
    Wolves host local rivals West Brom on Sunday and are awaiting the results of tests to a knee injury for on-loan Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong.
    Frimpong, 20, missed all of last season with Arsenal after suffering a serious knee injury.
    The Ghana-born midfielder admitted things "did not look good" on his latest problem.
    He said on Twitter: "Just had my scan going to wolves training ground now for the doc to check the result. Doesn't look gd but ill let yall no inabit [sic]".

Uploads

Wilfried Zaha: Has been linked with a move

AMBROSE ADVISES WILFRIED ZAHA STAY

Darren Ambrose has called on Wilfried Zaha to resist the lure of the Premier League and continue his footballing education at Crystal Palace.
    Zaha was reported to be a target for a number of top-flight clubs during the January transfer window, with his potential clear for all to see.
    No move materialised, but speculation regarding the 19-year-old's future is expected to resurface in the summer.
    Ambrose can understand why the talented playmaker is in such high demand, but he feels players in his position can chase the dream too soon.
    He was only 19 when he completed a high-profile move from Ipswich to Newcastle in 2003 and he has warned Zaha not to make the same mistakes that he did.
    "Wilfried is a fantastic prospect," said Ambrose.
    "Every day in training he does something special which you don't see many players do.
    "He has a fantastic future ahead of him, but I hope he's not in the Premier League too soon.
    "It happened to me when I left Ipswich for Newcastle and it's difficult to turn down when top clubs come calling. But it wouldn't do him any harm to develop his game more at Palace."

Uploads

Park Chu-Young: Could leave Arsenal

PARK CONSIDERING GUNNERS MOVE

Arsenal striker Park Chu-Young has revealed he is considering leaving the Emirates Stadium following a lack of first-team action.
    The South Korea captain has made just five appearances for the club this campaign with Robin van Persie, Marouane Chamakh and on-loan Thierry Henry being preferred.
    Park, 26, started three games in the Carling Cup as well as a UEFA Champions League start but a lone Premier League substitution has frustrated the frontman.
    Despite previously declaring his ambition to fight for a place in the side Park's agent admits the international may have no choice but to look for first-team football elsewhere.
    "If the current state continues, we will have to look at the transfer market in the summer," he said.
    The January transfer window was surrounded by speculation and it was claimed that London rivals Fulham made an attempt to loan the striker, who made the switch to the Emirates last summer, but Park's agent believes there was no official approach made.
    "In the English media, it was reported that Arsenal had rejected a loan offer for Park.
    "However, this was in contrast to what we heard from Arsenal. There was no loan offer during the transfer window."
    Park scored 25 goals in a three-year spell at Monaco in the French Ligue 1 despite his side being relegated last season but has managed to net only one league cup goal since completing his transfer.

Uploads

Russell: Confidence boosted

RUSSELL BOOSTED BY HOOPS INTEREST

Dundee United striker Johnny Russell says being a transfer target for Celtic has given him a major confidence boost.
    The 21-year-old grabbed his 11th goal of the season in Sunday's 2-0 Scottish Cup win at Rangers, which sealed a place in the quarter-finals.
    "It was good to hear a club was interested in me," said Russell.
    "Especially a massive one like Celtic. But I think the best place for me right now is Dundee United. I still have a lot to learn and hopefully I can do it here.
    "It's always good to hear of interest like that; it just gives you a bit of a boost."
    Russell hailed manager Peter Houston for employing an attacking approach at Ibrox.
    "The gaffer sent us out to be positive. He told us to go and work them straight away," he said.
    "We did that, we got in their faces and rushed them into passes they didn't want to play.
    "That got our fans going, got the boys going and we carried on from there.
    "I don't think any team is going to like it if we come out, play the way we can and press the way we can.
    "Rangers are always going to be difficult and they worked hard but it just didn't come off for them.
    "We went into the game thinking we could win it. We took our chances and came away with the win."

Uploads

Pavlyuchenko: Joined Lokomotiv Moscow

PAV HAPPY WITH MOVE DECISION

Roman Pavlyuchenko believes he improved during his time in the Premier League and is confident he has made the right decision to leave Tottenham Hotspur to join Lokomotiv Moscow.
    The Russia striker scored 42 goals in 113 appearances for Spurs after arriving from Spartak Moscow in 2008, but was unable to establish himself in the starting line-up.
    After making just five substitute appearances in the Premier League this season, Pavlyuchenko secured a move away before the close of the transfer window after signing a three-and-a-half year contract with Lokomotiv.
    The 30-year-old admits he could have stayed with the title hopefuls, but was keen to play regular football ahead of this summer's European Championship.
    "I was playing in a strong league, I enjoyed the game and I scored some important goals," Pavlyuchenko told ITAR-TASS regarding his time at Tottenham.
    "During the time I spent there, I developed as a footballer and I became more professional.
    "I think all the decisions I have made during my career have been right. My decision to sign for Lokomotiv is not an exception.
    "I could've stayed at Tottenham and dealt with meaningless things. My desire is to play. I decided, together with my family, that this is the best way.
    "Lokomotiv are a top team and I want to help to reach the serious goals. This season it's a reality to win the Russian title."

Uploads

Gunnarsson: Important figure at Madejski

McDERMOTT: BRYNJAR'S GUNNAR STAY

Reading manager Brian McDermott has insisted Brynjar Gunnarsson has no desire to leave the Madejski Stadium.
    Gunnarsson has only featured twice for the promotion-chasing Royals in a season littered with injuries, but McDermott stressed the 36-year-old wants to fight for his place in the team.
    He told the club's official website: "I spoke to him the other day. He's not playing games but he's so important around the place.
    "He doesn't want to go anywhere so I'm happy with that.
    "If he said to me he wanted to play, I'd have to facilitate that at his age, but he likes being around here and it's just great to have him.
    "He's so important, as we saw last season against Man City when he was outstanding at centre half. The games he's played all over, he's an outstanding human being."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast