Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 07-02-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 07-02-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 07-02-2012

Mario Balotelli: No plans to leave Man City

AGENT: BALOTELLI STAYS AT MAN CITY

Mario Balotelli's agent says the striker plans to stay at Manchester City for at least another 18 months.
    Questions surfaced over the Italian's future last month when he was handed a four-match ban for stamping on Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker.
    At the time his representative, Mino Raiola, hinted the 21-year-old could leave the Premier League club because he felt "persecuted".
    But Raiola now says Balotelli, who is contracted at City until 2015, will complete at least three years at the Etihad Stadium.
    Raiola told The Sun: "As far as Mario is concerned, we have a strategy for him to stay at Manchester City for three years - which we are respecting in full.
    "We hope that he will continue to play for them next season, even though you can never rule anything out."
    Balotelli, who joined City from Inter Milan in 2010, has scored 12 goals this season to help Roberto Mancini's side top the Premier League.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-02-2012

Demba Ba: Happy to stay at Newcastle

DEMBA BA AMUSED BY EXIT TALK

Demba Ba has revealed he found rumours he could leave Newcastle in January "funny" after insisting he is happy at St James' Park.
    The Senegal striker has been a revelation on Tyneside since joining the Magpies last summer from West Ham and has scored 16 goals in 20 Premier League appearances.
    Last month's transfer window prompted a flurry of speculation that Ba could move on after it emerged the forward has a release clause in his contract.
    Ba was linked with the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham, but stressed he never had any intention of seeking a move away from Newcastle.
    "I never talked to anyone to say I wanted to leave," said Ba. "I was just listening to people saying: 'He's going there, he's going there, he's going there' and I had a big smile on my face. It was funny to me.
    "The most important thing is being happy with your football and I am happy here."
    Ba returned from Africa Cup of Nations duty to score in Sunday's 2-1 win over Aston Villa to maintain the Magpies' push for Champions League qualification.
    He added: "I look at the table and think 'Fifth? Woah!' We just need to continue our road, continue doing what we're doing this season and see where we are in the end.
    "We need to keep our focus but as long as we do that, we'll have some very good games. I don't want to talk about exactly where we'll finish because it depends on a lot of things but as long as we keep going we'll be a dangerous side."
    The 26-year-old's compatriot Papiss Cisse marked his debut with the winner against Villa and Ba is confident the January signing will be a big hit at Newcastle.
    "It was a great signing," said Ba. "I was very happy when he signed.
    "I wasn't too bothered who we signed as long as we got a new striker it would help us. But fortunately for me it was someone from my country who I know well and I know how good he is.
    "He talked to me before he signed a little bit. I just said to him 'Go on - sign'. He asked everything about Newcastle - how were the supporters, the club.
    "I've not told him everything because I want him to see for himself what it is like here. But he's going to see it now. He loved the reception he got."

Uploads

Eden Hazard: Has a fan in Arsene Wenger

WENGER: HAZARD HAS THE TALENT

Arsene Wenger believes highly-rated Lille playmaker Eden Hazard "has what it takes" to play for a top-level club like Arsenal.
    Hazard has attracted interest from a string of Europe's leading clubs and has previously been linked with a 30million move to Arsenal's London rivals Chelsea.
    Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini recently acknowledged his admiration for the Belgium international, who was rumoured to be a January target for Paris St Germain.
    Hazard will finish the season with reigning French champions Lille, but has revealed his future ambition is to play in the Premier League.
    Arsenal are reported to be long-term admirers of the 21-year-old and Wenger feels Hazard has the talent to be a success on the biggest stage.
    "I like Eden Hazard a lot, and for many reasons," Wenger told La Derniere Heure.
    "His creative ability, his talent for unbalancing opponents, his vision of the game, and his consummate skill in making the final pass all make him an in-demand player.
    "Hazard has what it takes to play for a top-level club, and Arsenal are a top-level club."
    However, Wenger hinted that he would have to take financial considerations into account if he decided to make a bid to bring Hazard to the Emirates Stadium.
    He added: "You should know that each season, it is imperative to show a profit of between 15m-20m.
    "I would add that the purpose of a coach is to always buy at a price he sees fit."

Uploads

Stevan Jovetic: Would relish move to England

JOVETIC EYES PREMIER LEAGUE

Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic has revealed he would relish the challenge of trying to prove himself in the Premier League.
    The Montenegro international, 22, has been linked with a number of English clubs after earning rave reviews for his performances in Serie A.
    Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City are all reported to have sent scouts to watch Jovetic over the weekend as they consider their transfer options for the summer.
    It would take a big effort to sign Jovetic as he is under contract with Fiorentina until 2016 and is likely to cost in the region 30million.
    However, while the player insists he is enjoying life with his current club, he admits he has been interested in English football for some time and would be keen to embark on a new experience.
    "I am content in Italy but I'm always looking out to improve myself," he said in the Daily Star.
    "I have been looking out for a chance to play in the Premier League and I am prepared for that challenge."

Uploads

Fabio Capello took in Liverpool v Tottenham

CAPELLO THE MAIN MAN - FERGUSON

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned the Football Association that Fabio Capello must remain the most important man connected to the England team.
    Capello is due to meet FA chairman David Bernstein later this week to try to bring some stability to a situation that had already led to calls for the England coach to be axed following his controversial comments about the John Terry saga.
    Bernstein is in a powerful position.
    However, according to Ferguson, it is not as powerful as that of Capello, who is in the final months of a 6million-a-year contract and has been charged with the task of securing glory at Euro 2012.
    "There's nothing wrong with having an opinion," said Ferguson.
    "I think what will happen in the next few days is there'll have to be a coming together of the FA hierarchy and Fabio Capello because he's the team manager, he has the importance of that position.
    "Without question the most important person at a football club is the manager."
    After expressing his displeasure during an interview with Italian state broadcaster Rai 1 on Sunday evening, Capello was tight-lipped at Anfield on Monday night.
    He claimed "I can't talk" about the furore when quizzed and the Italian also rejected an opportunity to confirm whether he would be staying in his job, even if his mere presence on Merseyside was a positive indication.
    However, the speculation continues to fill the void neither Capello nor the FA have attempted to cover.
    And Sports Minister Hugh Robertson has come out and backed the FA, no matter what the consequences.
    "The FA had a difficult decision to make," Robertson told Sky Sports News.
    "The chairman spoke to his board, I think weighed it all up and took, in my view, exactly the right decision.
    "If the consequence of that is the manager walks away, the consequence of that is John Terry walks away, I would regret both of those two things enormously, but so be it.
    "The FA have acted very sensibly, very reasonably, and they have come to the right decision.
    "There were really two things they have to tackle at the end of last week.
    "There was the moral case, which was a very difficult one because in this country you are innocent until you are proven guilty, so it would have been very tough to take action on that front.
    "There was also the practical side of it which makes it extraordinarily difficult for John Terry, fabulous footballer and a great captain though he is, to discharge that responsibility in the white heat of this kind of publicity during the European Championship."
    Terry has been charged with racially abusing Anton Ferdinand, a charge he denies.

Uploads

Marian Kello: Will leave Hearts in the summer

KELLO NOT IN GOOD HEART

Goalkeeper Marian Kello is set to walk away from Hearts at the end of his current contract.
    The Slovakian has been frozen out of the first team due to a "political issue", according to manager Paulo Sergio.
    Kello has confirmed his omission, which is set to continue against Celtic at Tynecastle on Wednesday night, is due to refusing a move to Austria Vienna on transfer deadline day.
    Kello said in a number of Scottish newspapers: "I got into trouble with the club for not completing the transfer (to Austria Vienna).
    "My current contract ends in the summer and I will decide what to do then.
    "The interest from Celtic was certainly real, but ultimately they did not make a concrete offer, so I decided to stay a Hearts player for now.
    "But I'm not going to negotiate a new contract - I'm leaving on June 30. I will wait for offers and I am open to different possibilities. I'll see how it ultimately develops."
    Kello added that Hearts' predicament is, at least in part, behind his decision.
    He said: "The club is for sale - the owner (Vladimir Romanov) has made that clear.
    "Here you essentially have to look after yourself. The salary gets paid only after a delay. It is a difficult situation."

Uploads

Andre Villas-Boas: 'Showdown' talks rubbished by Chelsea

Chelsea have denied claims owner Roman Abramovich held 'showdown' talks with manager Andre Villas-Boas before the club's breathtaking 3-3 draw with Manchester United.
    The Blues confirmed Abramovich spoke to Villas-Boas during a rare visit to the club's training ground on Saturday before attending Sunday's Barclays Premier League game at Stamford Bridge.
    But they insist the Russian billionaire remains fully behind the 34-year-old's project, following a report he had become frustrated with results under the Portuguese.
    A spokesman said: "Roman likes to get down to Cobham and watch training whenever he can. He was able to visit on Saturday and he and Andre had a good chat after the training session, which is normal."
    It is thought Saturday was the first time Abramovich had watched Chelsea train this season, with the 45-year-old's focus having been on his high-profile court case with former associate Boris Berezovsky.
    He spent 35 minutes casting his eye over the session before spending another 20 speaking with Villas-Boas.
    He also spent half an hour talking to players in the dressing room after Sunday's game, which saw Chelsea controversially held to a draw having led 3-0.
    The match provided just the kind of entertainment Abramovich is believed to demand, but represented more points lost from a winning position by the Blues at home this season.
    Juan Mata, who scored a stunning volley and also set up the third goal, told Chelsea TV: "After that, the game was crazy. It was so fast, without midfielders, and it was box to box."
    The winger, who joined from Valencia last summer, added: "Here, it's faster than Spain. Until the 90th minute, you haven't got the three points. Man United is a very, very good team and they always try to win and to draw."
    United needed two penalties to get back into the game, the second particularly controversial.
    Villas-Boas was critical of referee Howard Webb but managed to steer clear of comments that might have landed him a Football Association charge.
    Opposite number Sir Alex Ferguson was also angry with the officials, claiming Gary Cahill should have been sent off for what he considered a last-man challenge.
    Cahill, who made his Chelsea debut, said: "At the time I thought I had got the bottom of my studs on the ball.
    "I have seen the replay and sometimes when you go through the player and across the player to get the ball they are given against you, so I was fortunate to get away with that one, but if you see the direction the ball moves I think my studs actually touched it first."
    He added: "It was a fantastic game to be involved in and it was in at the deep end, but these are the games you want to be involved in.
    "However, any game you go 3-0 up in, you expect to win, so that has put a dampener on my debut. It is a sickening feeling like we have lost the game. The mood is a bit flat and we are disappointed."
    Chelsea now lie 14 points behind leaders Manchester City and, perhaps more importantly, just one ahead of fifth-placed Newcastle.
    Villas-Boas has repeatedly declared he has no doubt he will still be in charge at Stamford Bridge next season, despite Abramovich having sacked almost every manager who has failed to win the title during his nine years as owner.
    The Russian appears to be more patient with the current regime, perhaps recognising the squad needs a significant overhaul before being able to challenge United and City.
    However, failure to qualify for the Champions League may test that patience to the limit.
    Villas-Boas said on Monday night: "We know the objectives that we have to achieve, the minimum objectives, and we will try to pursue them in these last 14 games."
    Asked if his rebuilding needed time, he said: "Yeah, but we don't expect time in football, do we? So we just have to live with it, to try to solve it as quickly as possible."
    The Chelsea boss said Abramovich's weekend visit had a "good impact".
    He added: "We spoke about the preparation, of course, for the game. Roman is always very interested in the running of events and it was good for the team to feel his presence.
    "We touched a little bit, of course, on next year's project but mainly on that game.
    "Roman is a very educated person to the cause of Chelsea Football Club and his aura is always present."

Uploads

Marcelino Garcia Toral: Sacked

SEVILLA SACK MARCELINO

Sevilla have parted company with coach Marcelino Garcia Toral following a disappointing run of results.
    Marcelino, who took charge last summer following the departure of Gregorio Manzano, leaves with Sevilla 11th in the standings and just four points above the relegation zone.
    The Andalusian side had picked up just two points from their last seven games, and on Sunday were beaten 2-1 at home by relegation-threatened Villarreal.
    A statement on the Sevilla website read: "Sevilla have taken the decision this morning to dismiss the first team coach Marcelino Garcia Toral owing to the negative run of results by the team, with seven matches without a victory, during which time only two points have been won.
    "The decision was taken after the president, Jose Maria del Nido, and sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Monchi met with the coach to evaluate the sporting situation. Soon after the meeting Monchi communicated to the coach the decision taken.
    "Sevilla want to publicly thank Marcelino for his professionalism and work, and regret having to have taken a drastic decision due to the results."
    The 46-year-old Marcelino took charge of Sevilla on an initial one-year contract last June after the club opted not to renew Manzano's contract.
    Manzano led Sevilla to a fifth-placed finish in the Primera Division and a spot in this season's Europa League, but the club have already been eliminated from that competition after being knocked out by Hannover in the play-off round.
    Marcelino guided Racing Santander to a 12th-placed finish last term during his second spell in charge of the Cantabrian club having replaced the sacked Miguel Angel Portugal in February.
    Marcelino has also been in charge of Sporting Gijon, Recreativo Huelva and Real Zaragoza.
    Sevilla have not yet named a replacement but former Getafe coach Michel is being linked with the post in the Spanish press.

Uploads

Berbatov: Wants to play more

BERBATOV WANTS MORE GAMES

Dimitar Berbatov expects to remain at Manchester United beyond this season but has reiterated his disenchantment at his lack of playing time at Old Trafford.
    The 31-year-old was linked with a move away from the Red Devils in the January transfer window but no deal was completed and it is now expected that the club will activate a one-year extension to his contract - a clause written into his deal when he signed for United from Tottenham in 2008.
    Berbatov has started just five of United's 24 Barclays Premier League matches this season and was famously left out of the matchday squad for last season's Champions League final.
    He told Bulgarian sports website sportal.bg: "I am a Manchester United player, but I do not currently play in as many games as I want. I'm not happy that I do not play. But I cannot blame anyone, especially in the media.
    "When I have something to say, I go and talk face to face with the manager. He decides everything."
    Speaking about his future at United, Berbatov added: "There was nothing concrete as an offer to me. I read about such things, but they are more speculation. I do not know how long I will stay at Manchester United.
    "To my knowledge, the clause to extend my contract for another year is automatically activated in March. I know nothing more."

Uploads

Matthew Briggs: To become a Posh player on Tuesday

POSH SET TO BRING IN BRIGGS

Peterborough have agreed a deal to sign England Under-21 international left-back Matthew Briggs on loan from Fulham.
    Briggs will officially become a Posh player for the next month when the transfer window for loan deals reopens at midnight on Tuesday.
    The 20 year-old will go straight into manager Darren Ferguson's squad for the visit of npower Championship leaders West Ham on Saturday.
    "Matthew is a lad I have been interested in for a while, even when I was at Preston," Ferguson told his club's official website. "He is a good size, has great pace and has a good left foot and I am delighted to bring him here.
    "He can play at centre-back but his main position is left-back. He will strengthen us, without a shadow of a doubt. He gives us another option and he adds a bit of quality to the squad."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast