Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 08-02-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 08-02-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 08-02-2012

Nicolas Anelka: Was cast aside by Chelsea

ANELKA FELT LIKE BRIDGE OUTCAST

Nicolas Anelka claims to have been made to feel like an outcast during his final days at Chelsea, but says he has no regrets about the decision he took.
    With it clear that he had no intention of penning a new deal at Stamford Bridge, the Blues forced Anelka, and Alex, to train away from the first team.
    The Frenchman has since joined Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua and acknowledges a footballer's career will inevitably take in a number of highs and lows.
    "Ever since I was punished they put me with the youngsters," Anelka said in The Sun.
    "I've got all the kit and equipment that professionals have but they put me in a separate changing room - that's football for you.
    "One day, you can be there scoring goals and doing all you have to do for your club but the day you leave there is no pity.
    "That's why the day you do decide to leave you have to do what you have to do and have no sadness either, because there are no friends in football.
    "That's the truth. It's sad to say but that's the truth. It's a collective sport but it's also very individual.
    "It's true that I could have had a better career but I know I've succeeded and I'm proud of that when I go back to France, back to the suburbs I came from, the guys there are proud of me.
    "They know I never gave up. I took plenty of knocks but I'm still here."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 08-02-2012

Fabio Capello is standing by John Terry

FABIO CAPELLO SET FOR FA TALKS

England manager Fabio Capello is to meet FA bosses on Wednesday after openly questioning their decision to strip John Terry of the captaincy of the national side.
    The FA decided the Chelsea defender could not lead England to Euro 2012 with the spectre of a trial for alleged racial abuse hanging over him.
    Terry has been charged with abusing QPR's Anton Ferdinand and, when his trial date was set for 9 July, the FA decided a new captain was required.
    Terry categorically denies the charge and Capello feels he is innocent until proven otherwise and has taken to Italian TV to criticise the FA's decision.
    He has vowed to include Terry in his squad for the Euros, captain or not, but first he must face FA chairman David Bernstein.

Uploads

Charles N'Zogbia: Frustrated

McLEISH: N'ZOGBIA CAN SOLVE PROBLEM

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish has told Charles N'Zogbia actions speak louder than words after the winger claimed he was not enjoying his football.
    N'Zogbia has had a mixed first season at Villa Park since his 9million summer move from Wigan but has been urged by McLeish to overcome his frustrations through hard work and performing consistently.
    N'Zogbia let his emotions spill over after Sunday's 2-1 defeat at his former club Newcastle by writing on Twitter that he was not enjoying his football "for the first time in my career".
    McLeish said: "I've said it before, that Twitter and the social networks is not a world familiar to me.
    "Years ago, players would have hammered down the manager's door when they were frustrated rather than letting their feelings known on the internet.
    "But it amounts to the same thing in that you just can't tell people you are frustrated, you have to do something about it by consistently playing well.
    "If Charles is not enjoying his football, then he needs to do something about it on the pitch - and that applies to everyone and not just Charles N'Zogbia.
    "It is not a coincidence the best moment Charles has had in a Villa shirt have come when he has been working hard - and that's when you get the best rewards in anything."
    Meanwhile, McLeish confirmed Villa are considering yoga as a way of helping striker Gabriel Agbonlahor overcome his back and hamstring injury problems.
    He said: "It is something we will be talking about with the doctor and fitness coach to see whether Gabby is going to embark on yoga. One or two players already do it here."

Uploads

Daniel Cousin: Veteran striker could return to Rangers

DANIEL COUSIN IN RANGERS TALKS

Rangers have held talks with Daniel Cousin regarding the possibility of taking the veteran striker back to Ibrox on a free transfer.
    Cousin impressed with Rangers during the 2007/08 season before leaving for Hull and he could be a short-term answer to Ally McCoist's striking problems.
    McCoist saw Nikica Jelavic leave for Everton before the closure of the transfer window and the SPL champions were unable to bring in a replacement.
    A move for Cousin is now in the pipeline after the Gabon international impressed at the Africa Cup of Nations during the co-hosts' run to the quarter-finals.
    He has most recently been playing in his homeland for FC Sapins and reports claim Rangers are waiting for confirmation that Cousin is eligible to sign for the club on a free transfer.
    The 35-year-old's agent Willie McKay has confirmed there have been discussions and that Cousin is interested in a return to Ibrox.
    McKay told the Daily Record: "Daniel had talks with Ally McCoist and everything looks very positive.
    "He has a few offers on the table because of his recent form with Gabon but he is keen on the idea of returning to Rangers.
    "The last time I took him there they won the title so who's to say it won't happen again?"

Uploads

Carlos Vela: Happy at Sociedad

VELA EYEING SOCIEDAD STAY

Carlos Vela has confirmed he is hoping to stay at Real Sociedad beyond this season rather than return to Arsenal at the end of his loan spell.
    The Mexico international has struggled to make an impact during his Arsenal career and has scored 11 goals in 64 appearances, the majority of which have been as a substitute.
    The striker has previously been out on loan at Salamanca, Osasuna and West Brom and is enjoying the current campaign with Sociedad.
    Vela is happy to be back in La Liga and the 22-year-old is keen for a deal to be agreed between the two clubs to allow him to stay with Sociedad.
    "I would stay at Real," Vela told El Diario Vasco. "I am happy and the people support me.
    "I owe Arsenal affection and gratitude for the opportunity that they gave me, but I was not happy there and this affected my work.
    "It was hard day to day and, when it came to training, I was thinking about going home. Here, however, I am happy and have made good friends."
    Regarding staying at Sociedad, Vela added: "It is too early to talk about these issues, but I do not close the door to Real. But, if you cannot reach an agreement with Arsenal, you cannot do anything.
    "As I said, I'm happy here and would like to help the team stay up. Then we'll see what happens in the summer. Right now, we cannot do anything even if we wanted to."

Uploads

Matt McKay: Not rejoining Brisbane Roar

ROAR RULE OUT McKAY RETURN

Brisbane Roar have ruled out a bid to bring Rangers midfielder Matt McKay back to the club just a few months after the midfielder moved to Ibrox.
    McKay joined the Gers on a three-year contract last August, but has made only three SPL appearances for the reigning champions.
    The Australia international has not featured since November and was reportedly the subject of enquiries from clubs in Saudi Arabia and South Korea during the January transfer window.
    A-League side Brisbane have been tipped to re-sign the 29-year-old, but coach Ange Postecoglou says the club are not prepared to pay a fee to Rangers.
    "He (McKay) won't be coming to Brisbane Roar," Postecoglou told the Australian media. "He wasn't (coming) last week and he's not (coming) this week.
    "The last time I spoke to Matt he was keen, but it's not his decision, it's down to his club.
    "His club says they won't sell him or loan him out without a fee and we're not interested in that.
    "I said that last week and nothing's changed since. People can speculate as much as they like but I'm not in the habit of lying and what I said last week stands."

Uploads

Francisco Sandaza: Focused on St Johnstone

SANDAZA WELCOMES WINDOW CLOSURE

St Johnstone forward Francisco Sandaza is glad to see the back of the January transfer window, despite missing out on a move to Old Firm giants Rangers.
    The Spanish striker was targeted by the Gers after they agreed to offload Nikica Jelavic to Everton.
    In the end no deal was done, with Sandaza accusing the Ibrox-based outfit of pulling out of an agreement.
    The 27-year-old will not be letting his failure to secure a high-profile switch weigh on his mind, though, with his full focus on events at St Johnstone.
    He hopes an end to the constant speculation regarding his future will allow him to produce his best, with it his intention to add to an already impressive goal tally.
    "It's better for me now the window has closed," Sandaza said in the Daily Record.
    "I don't have to talk about any move or speculation. I can focus on Saints and hope to help the team.
    "I'm on 15 goals for the season and have a target in mind. But maybe I will pass it."

Uploads

Harry Redknapp: Backed by Sven-Goran Eriksson

ERIKSSON BACKS REDKNAPP FOR ENGLAND

Harry Redknapp is perfectly suited to becoming the next England manager, according to former national team boss Sven-Goran Eriksson.
    Redknapp's chances of replacing Fabio Capello in the country's top managerial job were improved on Wednesday when the 64-year-old, currently in charge of Barclays Premier League title hopefuls Tottenham, was cleared of all tax evasion charges after a high-profile court case involving him and former chairman Milan Mandaric.
    Eriksson held the role of England manager, which Capello will vacate this summer, between 2001 and 2006, and he believes that Redknapp has everything the Football Association will be looking for.
    He told BBC Sport: "I think Redknapp will be a very, very good choice. He's English; he knows his football.
    "He is doing a great job with Tottenham and has done a great job with every team he's had in the past, so I guess it will be him.
    "You need to be an experienced manager used to dealing with the big names and some knowledge about international football would help. I think Harry has all these things."
    Redknapp has worked his way into the position as the bookmakers' favourite, having started out managing Bournemouth before spells with West Ham, Portsmouth (twice) and Southampton.
    His Tottenham side are currently seven points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City.

Uploads

Edin Dzeko: Enjoying life at Manchester City

DZEKO HAPPY AT MANCHESTER CITY

Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko has revealed he feels right at home in England and is optimistic the club can win the Premier League.
    The Bosnia international's16 goals in all competitions this season have been a major part in the club's success and the player believes he has settled in well.
    "Now I'm here for more than a year, I can say that I feel at home," Dzeko told SportSport. "The city is nice and I don't have any problems with it.
    "The people are great. They recognise me and I've even got some new friends here."
    On the field, Dzeko is convinced that with a little bit of luck, Roberto Mancini's men have every reason to fancy their chances.
    "Football? It is going smoothly," he added. "We are in a good position and even if there are many games until the end, I feel we can be optimistic.
    "I hope we won't have any problems with injuries as every player is so important to us.
    "And if we are lucky and ready to fight, that could be the main thing in the fight for the title."

Uploads

Sven-Goran Eriksson: Has applied, says Ken Bates

KEN BATES: NO ERIKSSON FOR LEEDS

Sven-Goran Eriksson has applied to become Leeds manager but will not be getting the job, with chairman Ken Bates revealing that Neil Redfearn is to be given at least three matches to prove his credentials.
    Redfearn took charge at Elland Road on a temporary basis following the departure of Simon Grayson and guided the Whites to a 3-0 victory over Bristol City on Saturday.
    Redfearn has admitted he would like to be handed a permanent deal and Bates has now challenged him to show what he is capable of during an extended period at the helm.
    "I'm happy to say that Neil will be in charge for at least the next three games," Bates told Yorkshire Radio.
    "That's Brighton, Coventry, and Doncaster. Those three games are all very winnable.
    "After all the maelstrom we're only two points off the play-offs so we've decided that after his impressive start, not just with his win, but his presence around Thorp Arch that he will be given his chance to his demonstrate his abilities while we consider the future.
    "It's a big step up for him, but against that he has a wealth of experience, he has played over 1,000 games and he used to play for Mervyn Day when he was at Charlton so it helps that with the (current) set-up he is being eased in."
    Redfearn's impressive start has made Bates feel happier about taking his time to make the right appointment, and he insists the club will be thorough in their search for Grayson's full-time successor.
    Describing some of the more unusual applications Leeds have received, Bates also ruled out the possibility of bringing in ex-England boss Eriksson.
    "We have been inundated with applications from the cheeky to the outlandish," he said.
    "We've had one from an 11-year-old boy who obviously has high ambitions in the game, and we have a PlayStation manager of 2010, who fancies his chances, having won a competition.
    "We've also had Sven-Goran Eriksson apply, but he won't be coming.
    "We're in no hurry, there'll be no hurried appointment because the next one is a big appointment, not necessarily in name for the future of Leeds United.
    "Leeds United is a big club with a big fan-base. It's a one-club city and any manager with ambitions wants to manage a big club. It also brings a wealth of unwanted applications for the wrong reasons and that's why we have to be careful.
    "We don't want an instant miracle maker, although the fans think it's a good idea, but you rarely find one. It has to be someone who wants to come here for the right reasons.
    "We're looking very carefully at the options and what baggage do they come with? We're in no hurry so the speculation will have to continue.
    "Meanwhile, Neil Redfearn is in the seat and has an opportunity to prove he's the man for the job, and he can do that by winning games. He's made a good start and he's got all the players behind him."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast