Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 16-02-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 16-02-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 16-02-2012

John Guidetti: Scored three hat-tricks in four games

GUIDETTI WILL RETURN TO MAN CITY

John Guidetti insists he still has a future at Manchester City after his loan deal at Feyenoord ends in the summer.
    The 19-year-old has scored three hat-tricks in four games with the Dutch side including one in the 4-2 win over Ajax recently.
    But the player nicknamed "The Rhino" is prepared to return to this country and fight for his place against the likes of Edin Dzeko, David Silva and Sergio Aguero.
    "I am not the one who is going to decide my future," said Guidetti. "That is up to the Manchester City board to do.
    "If they think I should play at City then that is an easy decision for them to make.
    "That is my aim, to play in the Premier League for Manchester City."
    Almost 30,000 fans have signed a petition to keep him at Feyenoord but boss Ronald Koeman has ruled out signing the Swede.
    "We do not have any possibility to buy him really," he said. "Everything will depend on what City want to do."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-02-2012

Christian Eriksen: Wanted by Europe's top clubs

ERIKSEN IN NO RUSH TO LEAVE AJAX

Christian Eriksen admits he is likely to leave Ajax for a trophy-chasing club in the future, but insists he has no plans to make a move any time soon.
    The 20-year-old playmaker is considered to be one of European football's hottest prospects, with the continent's biggest clubs forming an orderly queue in the race to secure his signature.
    Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and AC Milan have all been strongly linked with the Denmark international, but all are being forced to play a waiting game.
    Ajax have no desire to part with their most prized asset, and Eriksen is aware that his development would be better served in Holland for now.
    He concedes that the time will come for him to take on a new challenge, but he is not prepared to take that plunge without giving plenty of consideration to his options.
    "You can learn so much from training with the top guys," Eriksen told the Daily Mail.
    "You don't learn from playing against them. When it's time to leave Ajax, I'll try to go to a bigger team who do well in the Champions League every year and win trophies.
    "But I'd make sure it was somewhere where I wouldn't just sit on the bench. Right now, my mind is only focused on Ajax."
    Eriksen will be offered another opportunity to impress on Thursday when Ajax face Manchester United in the Europa League.
    The Red Devils would welcome the opportunity to bring him onto their books in the future, and the promising midfielder is aware of what he can expect from the Premier League were he make a move to England.
    "I went to Chelsea twice when I was 14 and 15," he said.
    "I was at Danish club Odense at the time and came across with a friend to Cobham. We played against West Ham youth away and the year after we played Millwall away.
    "It was a bit of a shock playing against Millwall. I knew the reputation of English football was tough but my first thoughts when we started were, 'Wow, this is different to Denmark'.
    "They kicked a little more and made crazy tackles but I wasn't injured when I returned to Denmark, so I guess I did okay."

Uploads

Daniel Cousin: Still holds hope of Ibrox deal being completed

COUSIN STILL HOLDS RANGERS HOPE

Daniel Cousin still holds hope of joining Rangers despite the club's financial plight jeopardising the striker's move to Ibrox.
    The former Hull City and Rangers frontman had agreed to make a move back to the Scottish Premier League on a 7,500-a-week deal which encountered difficulties when the club entered administration on Monday.
    Ramifications of recent events mean the Scottish giants are constrained by a transfer embargo, banning the club making any new signings.
    However Cousin, who has been left in the lurch as to whether the deal will be completed, was left infuriated when to found that Rangers made last minute changes to the contract which slowed the processing of the deal mneaning SPL chiefs were unable to verify the move.
    "There was a late amendment to the contract which meant the transfer could not be signed off," an SPL spokesman told the Daily Record.
    "He has not been registered and therefore cannot play for Rangers. Both the SFA and SPL need to sign off everything.
    "There is a possibility he could still sign but that decision would rest with the administrator. We plan to meet the administrator in the next few days."
    Despite the frustration of the situation Cousin admits it may not be ideal but he is still optimistic that the move can be completed.
    "Of course I am not happy about the news but I have spoken with the directors who have told me to stay calm," the Gabonese international said.
    "Hopefully, there will be a solution in the next two weeks. If Rangers could not pay me, it would be the worst case scenario."
    Cousin's agent Willie McKay insists his client was brought to the club with no knowledge of financial strife and believes it is down to Rangers to solve the difficulties.
    "This has nothing to do with Daniel or myself," he said. "He signed for the club in good faith and we were not made aware of any problems.
    "If Rangers have made some kind of administrative error then that is their problem. I would like to think they can sort it out."
    McKay also claimed on Wednesday that he would have no problem in finding 35-year-old Cousin a contract elsewhere.
    Cousin's hope could still be alive however with administrators Duff and Phelps admitting they have already made progress at the Ibrox club.
    "We can report we have made very good progress within the first 24 hours of being appointed administrators over Rangers Football Club," they told the club's official site.
    "Our first priority has been to ensure that the football club continues to function and this is being achieved with the help of staff, players and management at the Club."

Uploads

Victor Moses: In talks over new deal

MARTINEZ FEARS LATICS EXODUS

Roberto Martinez fears relegation will spark an exodus of talent from Wigan with winger Victor Moses leading the way.
    The Wigan boss is locked in talks to extend the contract of the former Crystal Palace star, a man he has compared to Barcelona's Lionel Messi.
    But Martinez has revealed that the 21-year-old will only consider staying on after his contract runs out in 18 months if the club remain in the top-flight.
    "There have been developments," said Martinez.
    "I am sure we are going to be able to extend his contract.
    "He said he wants to stay but we have got to secure our top flight status.
    "You do not see many players like him. Charles N'Zogbia is one, Messi is another."

Uploads

Redknapp: Takes Uvini on two-month trial

SPURS TRIAL FOR BRAZILIAN DEFENDER

Brazil Under-20 captain Bruno Uvini has been given a trial at Tottenham.
    A two-month deal has been agreed with his club Sao Paulo, it is understood, though he has yet to arrive in north London.
    Reports state Uvini holds an Italian passport and will not require a work permit.
    The 20-year-old centre-back led Brazil to victory in the Under-20 World Cup in Colombia last August.
    "It's a great opportunity that came up and I couldn't let it pass me," Uvini told Sao Paulo's official website.
    "Tottenham are a big club with worldwide exposure and they've asked me to present myself.
    "I will grow up a lot in my professional and personal life with this choice."
    Meanwhile, Tottenham winger David Bentley is seeking a temporary move to the United States.
    Major League Soccer is being considered as a destination for the 27-year-old, who has almost recovered from the knee injury that cut short his loan move to West Ham.
    "This is something that is really interesting for David as it will also get him fit through the summer," his agent Rob Segal told MLSsoccer.com.
    "He would like to go there on loan as soon as possible."

Uploads

Suarez: L'Equipe clams PSG want to sign Suarez

PSG KEEPING TABS ON LUIS SUAREZ

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez could be in line for a move to big-spending Paris Saint-Germain, according to press reports in France.
    L'Equipe newspaper claims the French league leaders, boosted by fresh capital from Qatari owners, have been in contact with Suarez's representatives.
    Any move could hinge on PSG claiming a place in the Champions League next season.
    Liverpool are currently seventh in the Premier League and on current form look set to miss out on a European place next year.
    Suarez recently returned to action after an eight-match ban for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra in a match at Anfield last October.
    And the Uruguay international caused further controversy when he refused to shake Evra's hand when the team's met at Old Trafford last weekend.

Uploads

Gotze: Has attracted interest from Man United and Juve

MAN UNITED CHASING GOTZE - AGENT

Mario Gotze's agent Dirk Hebel claims he has had contact with Manchester United and Juventus over the highly-rated Borussia Dortmund midfielder.
    The 19-year-old is one of the hottest young properties in Europe having shined for Dortmund since breaking into the first team in 2009.
    Gotze, already capped 12 times for Germany, is expected to play an integral role in his country's Euro 2012 campaign this summer.
    His agent, Dirk Hebel, claims several of Europe's top clubs are chasing the attacking midfielder, who has not featured for Dortmund since December 11th due to a groin injury.
    Hebel named United and Juve as two suitors who have been in touch over Gotze but insists the Bundesliga club will not let him leave for less than 40million (33m).
    The agent told calciomercato.com: "I think in Europe all the top clubs are interested in Mario.
    "I can confirm that I have had contact with Juventus and Manchester United, but not only them.
    "I don't know if he'll go away after this season, you should ask the Borussia. But I think that they will not let him leave for less than 40 million euros.
    "He still is very happy at Dortmund, though now he is injured."

Uploads

Eden Hazard: A wanted man

EDEN HAZARD FEELS DRAWN TO ENGLAND

Eden Hazard admits he sees himself playing in England in the near future, with the Premier League providing the perfect platform for his talent.
    The Lille playmaker is set to spark a transfer scramble this summer, with the time having arrived for him to leave France and test himself at a higher level.
    Europe's biggest clubs are said to be waiting in the wings, with the race very much on to secure one of the most coveted signatures in world football.
    The likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona are all said to be in the running and ready to part with big money in order to acquire Hazard's services.
    The Belgium international has in the past been reluctant to speculate on where his future may lie, but he is now prepared to admit that a move to England would be his preferred choice.
    "That is the championship where I think I can express myself the best," Hazard told Sport Foot Magazine.
    "I think I can learn more there. It is difficult to explain why, it is just a feeling I get.
    "The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums - that is all well above anything I have experienced in France, and that attracts me."
    Hazard also says that a much-touted switch to Arsenal would appeal to him.
    He added: "Of course. It is always more fun to play for a team that plays like they do. Arsenal also have a great coach and French players.
    "There are several clubs that interest me in England, and Arsenal are one of them."
    While he would favour a move to the Premier League, Hazard admits it would be difficult to snub a switch to Spain were the Primera Liga's leading lights to come calling.
    "I have never said that I want to go to Real Madrid, other people have said that for me," said the 21-year-old.
    "But I'm not against the idea. Who doesn't dream of playing for Real Madrid? Or Barcelona?
    "I haven't closed the door on anyone. All the major divisions appeal to me: Spain, Italy etc.
    "But I believe, for now, that England would be ideal for me.
    "I appreciate that moving to one of the two biggest clubs in Spain would be difficult for a player of my age."

Uploads

Junior Hoilett : Out of contract this summer

KEAN HOPES FOR NEW HOILETT DEAL

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has not given up hope that Junior Hoilett will sign a new contract at Ewood Park.
    Hoilett's current deal with Rovers runs out this summer and Kean admitted in January that the club would have to consider approaches for the Canadian winger, with Tottenham being linked with a move at the time.
    No transfer materialised during that window, but several other outfits from around Europe have reportedly joined the race to sign Hoilett for next term.
    He is a Blackburn player for now, though, setting up Steven Nzonzi to score one goal and seeing his shot go in off Nedum Onuoha for another in Saturday's 3-2 home victory over QPR, and his manager still believes the 21-year-old could remain so beyond the end of the season.
    "We would like to think that the way that he's playing, he's been playing with a spring in his step and he's back to the form that he had before the transfer window opened, so we've not given up on that," said Kean, quoted in the Lancashire Telegraph.
    "There's no reason why moving forward we can't agree something and get pen put to paper on the appropriate time.
    "I think what he's got to do is just forget about everything, and just make sure he's playing and performing the way he is.
    "We've not given up and if it gets to the end of the season and we are where we think we're going to be, there's no reason why Junior can't agree a contract with us."
    Blackburn's win against the R's, coupled with Wolves' 5-1 defeat to West Brom on Sunday, saw Rovers move out of the Barclays Premier League relegation zone on goal difference.

Uploads

Didier Drogba: Linked with move to China

ANELKA: DROGBA TO JOIN SHANGHAI SOON

Nicolas Anelka is optimistic he will be joined at Shanghai Shenhua by former Chelsea strike partner Didier Drogba this summer.
    Drogba has turned down a one-year extension to his current deal at Stamford Bridge, which expires at the end of the season, when he would become a free agent.
    The 33-year-old wanted two more years with Chelsea, but the club have refused to offer that length of contract.
    Wealthy Chinese club Shanghai claimed in January they were in talks to sign the Ivory Coast international.
    Shanghai paraded their new recruit Anelka to the Chinese media on Thursday, when his comments about Drogba reportedly caused a stir.
    In press conference remarks, reported by the website of Shanghai-based Xinmin newspaper, Anelka said: "Yes, I often contact him. If all goes well, he should be able to come to Shanghai."
    Anelka immediately clarified the deal was not done, adding: "Of course, if he can, which does not depend on me, but is to be determined by the club owners and investors."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast