Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Carlos Tevez: Has apologised for conduct

    CARLOS TEVEZ SAYS SORRY

    Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has apologised "sincerely and unreservedly" for his conduct in recent months.
    The Argentinian has also withdrawn his appeal against City's fine of six weeks' wages for gross misconduct, which was due to be heard by the Premier League in the coming days.
    Tevez sparked a dispute with the club when he refused to warm up during the Champions League loss at Bayern Munich in September and then spent more than three months in Argentina without permission.
    The 28-year-old reported back to the club last week after failing to secure a move during the January transfer window and says he now wants to fight for a place in the team.


    Manager Roberto Mancini had long maintained he would only consider Tevez for selection again after an apology.
    In a statement released by City, Tevez said: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence.
    "My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club."
    Tevez was given his own fitness programme when he reported back to the club's Carrington training headquarters last week.
    He had said he could be match fit in two weeks but it remains to be seen how quickly he can get himself back into first-team contention.
    The former Manchester United and West Ham player is ineligible to play in Wednesday's Europa League tie against Porto having not been registered for the competition.


    The Barclays Premier League leaders then have back-to-back home games against Blackburn and Bolton on February 25 and March 3.
    Tevez has not played for City since that infamous night at Munich's Allianz Arena on September 27.
    Mancini initially said the player was "finished" at the club as a result of his conduct on the bench.
    Tevez was suspended and later fined for misconduct before he flew back to South America to begin his unauthorised leave on November 7.
    While away, Tevez was found guilty of gross misconduct and City took a firm line over his potential sale.
    AC Milan, Inter Milan and Paris St Germain all expressed interest in signing Tevez but City refused to sell below their valuation, believed to be around 25million, or consider loaning him out.
    Tevez, who had twice previously submitted transfer requests, also saw a potential move to Corinthians collapse last summer and was estimated to have lost 9.3million in wages or bonuses over various matters.
    He failed in his initial appeal against the fine of six weeks' wages for gross misconduct - thought to be around 1.2million - to the club board but lodged another with the Premier League.


    His withdrawal of that appeal may now ease his return to action with the title-chasers.
    Tevez sparked further controversy shortly before his return to the UK last week when he accused Mancini of treating him "like a dog" in Munich but that matter now also seems to be closed.
    City's statement read: "Carlos Tevez has today apologised to all concerned for his recent conduct.
    "Carlos returned to the football club last Tuesday, following a three-month absence from duties, without permission.
    "Carlos has also withdrawn his appeal against the club's finding of gross misconduct which was due to be heard by a Premier League panel in the coming days.
    "He has since begun a training programme designed to return him to optimum fitness."
    Tevez's potential availability gives Mancini the option of City's top scorer for the past two seasons and the inspirational captain behind last year's FA Cup success.


    Earlier, Mancini refused to say whether he had actually met with Tevez since his return.
    But midfielder Samir Nasri welcomed the possibility of Tevez coming back into the fray.
    Speaking at a press conference to preview Wednesday's Europa League clash against Porto, Nasri said: "I think he is an important player for us and for every team in Europe, because he has quality.
    "I don't know what happened. If he has to apologise, then he has to do it and then he will be in the squad, because we need players of his quality to win the league and the Europa League."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Fabian Delph: Suffered ankle injury against Coventry

    DELPH DOUBTFUL FOR SEASON

    Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish admits it is unlikely midfielder Fabian Delph will play again this season after suffering an ankle injury during his loan spell at Leeds.
    Delph saw a specialist on Tuesday to confirm his worst fears that he is facing another lengthy spell on the sidelines.
    He suffered the latest in a long line of injury blows during last Tuesday's npower Championship clash with Coventry.
    McLeish said: "Delph is not fit. I don't know if he will play again this season but he's rolled his ankle sufficiently enough to rule him out (for some time).
    "It's a shame because we wanted him to go out and play regular games to see if he could get over those ailments that he's had.
    "Hopefully, if he comes back stronger in the summer then we will see a different Delphy."


    Delph, who was signed from Leeds for 6 million by previous Villa manager Martin O'Neill, had a long spell out of action after rupturing his cruciate ligament in April 2010.
    He then suffered an ankle setback towards the end of last season which required surgery and this season a series of minor setbacks have curtailed his progress.
    Delph played five games on loan to Leeds and his spell at Elland Road was due to end this weekend.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Nathan Delfouneso: Leicester loan expires on Thursday

    LEICESTER PLAN DELFOUNESO TALKS

    Leicester City are planning to hold talks with Aston Villa regarding the future of on-loan striker Nathan Delfouneso.
    The 21-year-old joined the Foxes on a one-month loan in January and his deal expires after Thursday's Championship game against local rivals Derby County.
    Delfouneso has been restricted to just four substitute appearances during his time at the King Power Stadium due to the form of Jermaine Beckford and David Nugent.


    Foxes assistant manager Craig Shakespeare accepts that Delfouneso may be disappointed by the lack of playing time during his loan spell.
    However, Shakespeare confirmed Leicester will speak to Villa regarding the possibility of keeping the youngster at the club for a little longer.
    "He might be disappointed with the game-time he has got, and Villa might too, but he has to realise the front two of Jermaine Beckford and David Nugent have been doing very well and we are reluctant to change it," said Shakespeare in the Leicester Mercury.
    "We will speak to Villa in the next few days to see where they want to go with it."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Matt McKay: Poised for Busan I'Park switch

    RANGERS ACCEPT McKAY OFFER

    Rangers have accepted an offer for Matt McKay from South Korean club Busan I'Park.
    The transfer, if completed, would give Rangers a much-needed injection of cash and reduce their wage bill as administrators look to cut costs at the club.
    A statement on the club's official website read on Wednesday: "Rangers have confirmed today that a fee has been agreed with Busan but that negotiations on the transfer are still continuing."


    McKay joined Rangers from Brisbane Roar in August for a fee after captaining his former side to the A-League title.
    However, the Australia midfielder, who had been voted his country's player of the year, made only three first-team appearances for Rangers.
    The 29-year-old had a brief spell in South Korea in 2006 when he joined Incheon United on loan during the Australian close season.
    Administrators have not announced any job cuts at Rangers since being appointed on Valentine's Day and have said redundancies are not inevitable, according to manager Ally McCoist.


    The administrators have so far focused on probing recent financial dealings around the club, on Tuesday confirming that owner Craig Whyte had paid off an 18million debt to Lloyds Banking Group with money raised from future season ticket sales.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Oleg Blokhin: Remains with Ukraine until 2014

    BLOKHIN EXTENDS UKRAINE DEAL

    Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin has agreed a new two-year contract to remain in the role until after the 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign.
    The Football Federation of Ukraine confirmed the extension after holding an executive meeting on Tuesday.
    FFU president Grigoriy Surkis told www.ffu.org.ua: "The FFU are working to give the national team everything it needs. This is no small task.
    "Blokhin, of course, is never completely happy. At the moment, he has a lot of key players injured. He is an optimist by nature and sets his goals accordingly. I hope his side will surprise us at Euro 2012, with both performances and results."
    The 59-year-old took up the Ukraine reins for a second time in April 2011.
    Ukraine beat Uzbekistan in the first match of Blokhin's second spell, then lost their next four games but have since picked up again with three wins and a draw in their last four fixtures.


    The Euro 2012 co-hosts will take on Sweden, France and England in Group D at this summer's tournament, and find themselves up against England again, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland and San Marino in the 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign.
    Blokhin previously coached the team from 2003 to 2007, overseeing a run to the quarter-finals of the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
    The FFU also announced former referee Pierluigi Collina has been handed a contract extension to remain in his post as Ukrainian referees' supervisor until summer 2015.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Villas-Boas: Committed to building Chelsea's future

    VILLAS-BOAS REJECTS INTER TALK

    Andre Villas-Boas has shrugged off speculation linking him with Inter Milan and reiterated his commitment to building a successful future for Chelsea.
    Villas-Boas has come under considerable pressure following a run of poor results and a 3-1 loss to Napoli in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night has only increased the scrutiny on his position.
    Fresh reports have suggested that, if he does soon lose his job, a vacancy could open up for him in Italy with Inter Milan.
    Claudio Ranieri is the current boss of Inter but he is dealing with a similar situation to Villas-Boas as he strives to make an impact in his first season at the helm.
    The Nerazzurri have slipped 14 points off the title pace after losing four of their last five Serie A games, with Friday's 3-0 home defeat against relegation-threatened Bologna leaving them seventh in the standings.


    Villas-Boas is not surprised to hear rumours that Ranieri could be dismissed, but he is an admirer of the Italian and expects him to succeed with Inter.
    The Blues manager has given no thought to the possibility of replacing Ranieri, as he is focusing solely on his rebuilding project at Stamford Bridge.
    "I have the utmost respect for the work of Ranieri, who is experiencing a situation of change at Inter similar to ours," Villas-Boas told Mediaset Premium.
    "I think we both will continue to work with our current team, to believe in our work and try to get results.
    "The market rumours are part of football, but I want to build Chelsea's future and I'm working on that.
    "The results are not positive, but we must look forward."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Andrey Arshavin: Wanted by former club

    ZENIT WANT ARSHAVIN ON LOAN

    Zenit St Petersburg claim they are in talks with Arsenal over a possible loan deal for Gunners forward Andrey Arshavin.
    Arshavin has been something of a bit-part player at Arsenal this year following the arrival of Gervinho and the rise of new signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
    The Russian has made most of his 27 appearances this term as a substitute and has fallen out of favour with Arsenal's fans, who booed when he came on for Oxlade-Chamberlain during the club's home defeat to Manchester United.
    Zenit general director Maxim Mitrofanov told Russian newspaper Sovietsky Sport that he is hopeful of persuading the 30-year-old to return to the club where he spent 11 years before moving to London.


    Mitrofanov said: "We talked with them. Let's see how they themselves continue to lead.
    "Andrey still wants to play in England. (But) For Andrey it is very important to play in the Euros and being at a home club would be a good option in the current situation.
    "Therefore, we are discussing the possibility to loan (Arshavin)."
    Any deal would have to be concluded by Thursday night when the Russian transfer window closes.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Carlos Tevez: Issued apology

    TAYLOR RELIEVED BY TEVEZ APOLOGY

    Players' chief Gordon Taylor is relieved Carlos Tevez is patching up his relationship with Manchester City.
    The Argentinian striker said in a statement released by City on Tuesday night that he was "sincerely and unreservedly" sorry for his actions in taking an unauthorised three-month leave of absence from the club.
    The Argentinian also withdrew his appeal against a fine of six weeks' wages.
    Tevez has not played for City since he was accused of refusing to warm up during the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich on September 27.


    Manager Roberto Mancini said Tevez was "finished" at the club as a result and the dispute escalated when the player then flew to Argentina without permission on November 7.
    But he could yet have a part to play as City chase the Premier League title over the closing months of the season, and Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Taylor is thankful a reconciliation appears possible.
    "I'm very glad, having dealt with him and represented him," Taylor said.
    "Sorry has been said; sometimes it's the hardest word. Sometimes if you can grasp that nettle early on it makes like so much better for all parties, that's what we're about in football: respect."


    Taylor told Sky Sports News: "I hate seeing such top quality players in trouble with their clubs and in trouble with the game.
    "This has gone on for too long and it's a real positive step for football, for Carlos Tevez and Manchester City."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Robin Dutt: Backed by Holzhauser

    LEVERKUSEN CHIEF BACKS COACH DUTT

    Bayer Leverkusen's general manager Wolfgang Holzhauser sees no reason why under-fire coach Robin Dutt should not be in charge of his club next season.
    Dutt has been in the firing line for failing to emulate his predecessor Jupp Heynckes, who led the club to second place in the Bundesliga last season.
    Leverkusen are currently sixth in the table, 10 points adrift of fourth-place Schalke and a qualifying berth for the Champions League next season, but Holzhauser does not share the view that the season has been a failure and Dutt should be sacked.


    "The way things look today, there is no reason why Robin Dutt should not be our coach next season," he told the Express newspaper.
    "We should not allow ourselves to be influenced by voices and opinions. What matters is our league position and we are convinced in our coach, even if not all of our fans like him."


    Some of the fans have also vented their frustration at Holzhauser in recent weeks, but he says he has not thought of stepping down.
    "I heard them on TV and it is not particularly comforting, but it is more important for me how we can help our younger players," he said.
    "I don't understand these negative reactions when our team is playing well."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012

    Robben: Happy at Bayern

    BAYERN EXPECT QUARTET TO STAY

    Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is confident Arjen Robben, Mario Gomez, Ivica Olic and Daniel van Buyten will soon commit their futures to the club.
    Olic and van Buyten are both out of contract in the summer, but Rummenigge expects them to remain with the club while Gomez and Robben appear tempted to extend their contracts prematurely.


    "I believe that Olic and Van Buyten will stay," Rummenigge told Kicker magazine.
    "Both of them have shown an interest in staying and they have shown good character too."
    Olic did not seem so keen to stay just a few months ago when a lack of first-team opportunities prompted him to request a move in the winter.


    A transfer was blocked and he has since started playing more frequently under Jupp Heynckes, proving he can be a reliable back-up for Gomez, who Rummenigge also hopes will extend his stay with the club beyond 2013.
    "I am cautiously optimistic that Mario will play for Bayern Munich for a long time to come," added Rummenigge.
    And despite starting the last three games on the bench, Rummenigge believes Robben is also happy to stay with the Bavarian club.


    "We are patient and we will find a solution," said Rummenigge, who knows now may not be the ideal time to enter into negotiations with the Dutchman, even if his advisors have told him that Arjen "keeps repeating that he and his family are happy".

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 20:20:32
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 29-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-01-2012, 22:49:46
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 21-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-01-2012, 21:27:30
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 13-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13-01-2012, 20:35:07
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 09-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 20:53:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •