Thread: What is the DVB-PCI card?

Uploads

What is the DVB-PCI card?

Greetings!
    I would like to buy a DVB-PCI card.
    Please tell me what are the best, such as ones that allow me to decode cryptoworks and record media.
    Thank you very much!

Uploads

Re: What is the DVB-PCI card?

hello...

Actually there are several models of very good dvb cards.

First one is the skystar2 from technisat. the second one is the best one, the nexus-s from hauppauge. The third one is the clone of the nexus-s, the technotrend premium.

the main difference between the skystar and the nexus and its clone, is that the nexus and technotrend has an hardware embeded mpeg decoder... less ressources used on the computer processor and very good video quality. they have also a direct tv out.. no need to use your graphic card...

regards

Uploads
    but please let me make sure I understand
    Can these cards decode cryptoworks and other encryption systems and do they let me record video from satellite on my computer??
    Thank you very much!

Uploads

I dont know if there is any "open" channels for cryptowork system, but with software like progdvb+vplug you can watch french bouquet tps and absat

Uploads
    OK, thanks a lot!

Uploads

Rooney62, let me explain you couple of more things.

1- DVB-S Nexus (3-4 times expensive than SkyStar-2), ruled at one time....but no more. The latest software & features are more compatible with SkyStar-2....like multichannel stream recording (.ts files).

2-'Multipass' is mistaken about the picture quality. In fact picture quality with SkyStar-2 is far better than Nexus simply because Nexus delivers interlaced video...with jagged ends. Whereas SkyStar-2 through software processing gives a de-interlaced (TV-Like) picture.

3- If you ever take to "File-Grabbing" hobby....SkyStar-2 will be the tool...& not Nexus. Nexus can handle upto 9 PIDs, whereas SkyStar-2 handles 32 pids simultaneously.

BTW I have both cards under my use & whatever is said above is based on first-hand personal experience. Ofcourse there are few downsides to SkyStar-2....such as more usage of CPU (usually bet. 10-30%) & bit slow switching bet. channels etc. But these are not worth any consideration when taking into account the plus points.

VIP Member
    Uploads

fundom do you know anything about that quite new card from lifeview? it's called LIFEVIEW PCI TRIO DVBS/DVBT+ANALOG LR319STA. is it worth the money or better stick with skystar2???