Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 25-03-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 25-03-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 25-03-2012

Sergio Aguero: Happy at Man City

AGUERO: I'M STAYING AT MAN CITY

Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has told Real Madrid he is not interested in a move to the Bernabeu in the summer.
    The La Liga leaders have been linked with a summer swoop for the 35million Argentina striker following his excellent first season in the Premier League.

But Aguero, who arrived at the Etihad Stadium from Real's city rivals Atletico last summer, insisted he was a City player for the long term.
    City's top scorer said: "None of the stories about Real Madrid have come from me and the City fans can rest assured I am happy here.
    "First and foremost, the major aim is to win the league title this season. Then I want to stay here for a long time after that. I'm very, very happy here. From the moment I arrived, everyone has treated me really well.

"It's down to me to repay that kindness and good feeling I've had from everyone with some performances out on the field."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-03-2012

Alan Pardew: Says Newcastle are 'difficult sellers'

PARDEW UNFAZED BY SPECULATION

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew insists he is unfazed by his star players being linked with moves away from the club.
    The likes of Demba Ba, Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye and Tim Krul are regularly being tipped for possible moves away from Tyneside, despite the fact they are all on long-term deals at the Magpies.
    But Pardew says he is not bothered by the speculation as he claims that has to be accepted as part of modern-day football.
    "Speculation is part of the game and I have no problem with that - but all of our best players are on long-term contracts here," said Pardew.
    "Anyone who looks at this football club will know we are difficult sellers. Someone is going to have to pay a lot of money to take one of our players away - especially considering where we are right now and are having success.
    "We have some really, really good players here. My focus is to ensure that they are focused. If we can get one win and something from the other two, or get a couple of wins, then we are really well set for the last six.

"If we do it, it's not just a great reward for the players but it will help attract players. I said last week, we must now focus on that, change our goals to focus on Europe."
    Pardew is delighted with Newcastle's current recruitment policy, and says they will maintain the work they have been doing.
    "Last summer was a rebuild job. We did not make the mistake of setting our ambitions or goals too high," he said.
    "I think players look at you and, if they raise an eyebrow, you might be lying to them for the rest of the season.
    "They do not want to play for a manager or a club like that. So we were very realistic in our talks about our aims.
    "We said we were going to attack the top 10 and hopefully get a top-half finish.
    "As it turns out, with nine games to go we have 47 points, two more than the whole of last year. That would have given us a top-10 finish last year and we at that mark already.

"So the players have stepped up to the plate and now it is a question of where are we going to finish with nine games to go."

Uploads

Brendan Rodgers: Fully focused on Swansea

RODGERS HAPPY TO BIDE HIS TIME

Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers insists he is not tempted to leave the Premier League surprise package for one of the top-flight's established clubs.
    The Northern Irishman has enhanced his reputation by leading the newly-promoted Welsh side up to eighth in their debut season.
    The Swans' success has seen Rodgers linked to Chelsea, where he coached under Jose Mourinho, and Tottenham, who may be forced into hunting for a new boss should England favourite Harry Redknapp leave in the summer.
    But Rodgers, who signed a new three-year contract at the Liberty Stadium in January, has brushed off the speculation and remains focused on the Swans.

"I am ambitious and I want to win trophies and I want to be around a long time," he told the Daily Mail.
    "I'm realistic and know there will most likely come a time when I leave Swansea. But my only goals at the moment involve Swansea City.
    "It's obviously nice to get the praise that I am getting, but I take it all with a pinch of salt.
    "In football, one minute you are a hero and the next you are a bum."
    Rodgers, 39, started his managerial career with Watford in 2008 and, after one successful season where he saved the Hornets from relegation to League One, he moved to Championship play-off hopefuls Reading.

But an unsuccessful spell saw him sacked after just six months and he insists he will not make the same "mistake" of moving too quickly again.
    "I have seen what happens when you move too fast," he said.
    "And I've been around just about long enough to know you shouldn't believe your hype because it can be fickle.
    "Right now, my drive is to get Swansea as far up the Premier League as possible."

Uploads

Lee Bradbury: Lost six of his last eight matches

BRADBURY SACKED BY BOURNEMOUTH

Bournemouth have sacked manager Lee Bradbury after just over 14 months in charge.
    The npower League One side, who are currently 13th in the table, lost for the sixth time in their last eight matches at Oldham on Saturday and that prompted the Cherries' board to make a change.

Bradbury, 36, joined Bournemouth as a player in 2007 and then succeeded Eddie Howe as manager when he left for Burnley in January 2011.
    He led the club to the play-off semi-finals last season, where they were beaten on penalties by Huddersfield.
    A club statement read: "Youth team manager Paul Groves and head of youth Shaun Brooks will take charge of the first team until the end of the season, starting with Tuesday night's fixture at Stevenage.
    "The club will make no further comment at this stage."