Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 28-03-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 28-03-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 28-03-2012

Salomon Kalou scores in Lisbon

KALOU NON-COMMITTAL ON FUTURE

Chelsea's Salomon Kalou was coy when asked about extending his contract past the end of the season after his match-winning performance in the Champions League victory at Benfica.
    The Ivory Coast international scored the decisive goal in the west London side's 1-0 win in Portugal on Tuesday night, prodding home in the 75th minute of the quarter-final first leg.
    Kalou has been with the Stamford Bridge outfit since joining from Feyenoord in 2006, but could leave at the end of the campaign when his contract expires.

Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas claimed Kalou had been offered a new deal before he was sacked and the 26-year-old laughed off speculation about his future after the game.
    "I know my contract ends at the end of the season," he said.
    "For me the most important thing is not to fight for a new deal, it is just to enjoy myself with the team and play the best I can and help the team win the games we have left to play.
    "As long as I do that, I am fine and I am happy with myself."
    Last year Kalou said he wanted guarantees of more game time from Chelsea before penning a new deal.
    The winger was little more than a bit-part player under Villas-Boas, although he has been given a more important role under interim manager Roberto Di Matteo.

The Italian has overseen an impressive turnaround in his short time at the Chelsea helm and Kalou has praised the new attitude at the club.
    "I think the idea is to give an opportunity for everyone to show that they want to play for the club and give 100%," he said.
    "That is how you get everybody behind you and that is how you get the team to work together."
    Such has Di Matteo's impact been that Chelsea are on the brink of the Champions League semi-finals just weeks after their European campaign seemed in tatters.

Kalou was proud to net Tuesday night's all-important goal and believes anything is possible in this season's competition.
    "It means a lot to me to score," he said. "I am happy to be in the team, playing games and to score.
    "I still think I can improve and if I can help teams to win games, I'd be delighted to do that.
    "Anything is possible. We have the team for it, we have the players for it.
    "I believe there is no reason why we could not win the Champions League."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 28-03-2012

Ryan Nelsen (right): On six-month contract

REDKNAPP KEEN TO KEEP NELSEN

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp confirmed Ryan Nelsen would be offered a new contract following his key role in Tuesday night's 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final victory over Bolton.
    Nelsen set Spurs on the road Wembley, and a semi-final showdown with Chelsea, with his first goal since moving to White Hart Lane on a free transfer from Blackburn earlier this year.
    Tottenham had been frustrated by a brilliant performance from Bolton goalkeeper Adam Bogdan before Nelsen's back-post header in the 74th minute broke the deadlock.
    Gareth Bale quickly added a second and Louis Saha rounded off the scoring for Spurs after Kevin Davies had notched a consolation strike.
    Redknapp was full of praise for Nelsen's performance and compared his influence at the club to that of Scott Parker.

"I thought he was fantastic," Redknapp said. "I just think he is a great professional and a real good player.
    "I couldn't believe I got him on a free. I felt it was an amazing player to bring to the club, he is a player I have chased for years.
    "I have always thought he was top class, a great pro, a great trainer, a fantastic person.
    "He has got a six-month contract. At the end of the season you have got to keep him here next year because he's worth his weight in gold just to have around for other people to look at the way he works, the way he trains, the way he behaves, his attitude.
    "That's what football clubs are built upon, people like him, Scott Parker, Brad Friedel. You bring them in and it changes everything. That has been the difference this year."

Uploads

Ben Foster: West Brom want him permanently

HUGHTON: NO BEN FOSTER TALKS

Chris Hughton admits he was "surprised" by Roy Hodgson's comments regarding West Brom's desire to agree a permanent deal for Ben Foster.
    The goalkeeper is on a season-long loan at West Brom from Birmingham and Hodgson wants to retain the 28-year-old for the long term.
    He suggested last week that he would prefer to have a decision made on Foster before the end of the season as he does not want to be scrambling to sign a new keeper in the summer.

Foster has also admitted that he would like his future to be sorted out as soon as possible, with a decision likely to hinge on whether Birmingham win promotion back to the Premier League.
    However, with Birmingham still battling to secure a play-off spot, Hughton is adamant there is no rush to hold talks over where Foster will be playing his football next season.
    "I was surprised at Roy's comments, because there haven't been any talks between the two clubs recently," said the Blues boss in the Daily Mirror.

"We're all aware of the fact that Ben Foster is our goalkeeper so dialogue will have to take place at some stage. But there haven't been any talks of late and it will be addressed at the right time.
    "We are pushing for the play-offs and it is very dependent on ourselves."

Uploads

Andrea Stramaccioni: New Inter Milan boss

STRAMACCIONI MAY STAY ON AT INTER

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has not ruled out the possibility that coach Andrea Stramaccioni could remain in charge of the first team next season.
    Stramaccioni replaced sacked boss Claudio Ranieri on Monday with nine Serie A games remaining.
    The 36-year-old has no experience coaching in Italy's top flight but guided Inter's youth team to victory in the inaugural NextGen Series in London at the weekend.
    "It's clear that he (Stramaccioni) has talent and this suddenly opens the door to new projects," Moratti said on the club's official website, www.inter.it.
    "I have to say that if he does well, why should I not consider him for the future?"
    Reports in Italy have linked Athletic Bilbao coach Marcelo Bielsa with a move to Inter in the summer.

Bielsa turned down the Inter job last summer opting instead to join the Primera Liga outfit.
    "I have always spoken well of Bielsa just as I have always said good things about Mourinho and about the Barcelona coach (Pep Guardiola)," Moratti said.
    "These coaches are of a certain level but I have to say that if we already have a talented coach at home, I 'm not going to go elsewhere and look for one."
    Inter are in eighth place, 10 points adrift of the third and last Champions League qualifying place.
    Stramaccioni is Inter's fifth coach in the space of 22 months and his first game in charge will be against Genoa on Sunday.

Uploads

MAN UTD MONITOR MAGPIES GOALKEEPER

Notts County have confirmed Manchester United are one of several Premier League clubs monitoring the progress of teenage goalkeeper Fabian Speiss.
    The German has yet to make a first-team appearance for the Magpies, but is highly rated by the League One club.
    Premier League champions United have held a long-term interest in the 18-year-old, while Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham are also following his development.
    County's head of youth Mick Leonard hopes Speiss will become a first-team player at Meadow Lane, but is not surprised by the level of interest in the keeper.

"Man Utd have been looking at him for a long time," said Leonard in the Nottingham Evening Post.
    "There were also scouts from Man City and Tottenham at our youth game against Doncaster last week and Arsenal watched him when he was out on loan at Lewes.
    "He's as good as any young goalkeeper I have seen and I wouldn't be surprised if any of the big clubs did want him. He's got everything a modern goalkeeper needs.
    "He's got a lot of ability and a great attitude. He's very mature and is physically very big so he commands his box. He's brave and he kicks the ball well.

"He can go all the way if he keeps working as hard as he is now. He has got so much potential.
    "I would love to see him play for our first team. I believe he's good enough and, if he did, his value would only rise even more."

Uploads

Milos Krasic: Set to move in the summer

KRASIC WON'T GO CHEAPLY - AGENT

Juventus will not allow the out-of-favour Milos Krasic to leave the club this summer on the cheap, according to the player's agent.
    The Serbia international is set to move away from Turin this summer after making just nine league appearances for the Bianconeri this season.
    "Juventus intend to at least recover the money they spent on signing Krasic," Krasic's agent Vlado Borozan said to Tuttomercatoweb.it.
    Krasic joined Juventus from CSKA Moscow in the summer of 2010 in a 15.5million euros transfer deal.

The 27-year-old winger turned down a move to Premier League side Tottenham in January after falling out with Juve coach Antonio Conte.
    Krasic, who has been a reported target of Chelsea in recent weeks, has been strongly linked with a move to Serie A side Lazio this summer.
    However, his agent said: "There is nothing with Lazio. They made an enquiry in the past, but they wanted him on loan given that the player is expensive to buy outright."
    Krasic is under contract with the Turin giants until June 2014.

Uploads

Scott Sinclair: Among those linked with a move

SWANSEA STARS WILL STAY - TAYLOR

Defender Neil Taylor has dismissed talk that Swansea may struggle to hold on to their key players this summer after an impressive maiden Barclays Premier League campaign.
    The Swans, who were predicted by many to make a rapid return to the npower Championship, sit 10th in the table with 39 points to their name.
    They have claimed notable scalps along the way, particularly the home wins over Arsenal and Manchester City, and several of their players have been linked with moves away from the Liberty Stadium.
    The likes of Scott Sinclair, Joe Allen and Ashley Williams have been among those reportedly attracting interest from other clubs, while left-back Taylor was himself a target for Newcastle prior to the start of the current campaign.

But the Wales international believes Brendan Rodgers' squad will want to stay at what they see as a "special" club.
    "We have done it together as a football club and every player and manager knows what a special football club it is to be at, especially with the style of football we play," he said.
    "I don't think any of the players here would swap it for anything.
    "In those terms, it is a football club that is growing and if it ends up being a top-10 football club, there are not many places you want to go that will be better than here.

"While things happen in the summer, as they always do, our players are doing really well here.
    "Money and all those sorts of things can make you think it's great, but the feeling you get after a game like at Fulham (a 3-0 win earlier this month), having played as a team and the style we played; you can't replace that with anything.
    "That is a big factor for players at this club."

Uploads

Federico Macheda: Back at Manchester United

MACHEDA RETURNS TO MAN UTD

Striker Federico Macheda is back at Manchester United for treatment on an ankle injury that is likely to end his season.
    The 20-year-old Italian has sustained an ankle problem while on loan at QPR and will now rehabilitate with his parent club.
    Macheda, who United signed on youth terms from Lazio in 2007, was taken to Loftus Road by former Rangers boss Neil Warnock back in January.

He went on to make six appearances for the west Londoners but soon fell behind the likes of Djibril Cisse and Bobby Zamora in the pecking order after Mark Hughes took charge.
    Relations between Hughes and Macheda became even frostier when the Italian published a controversial tweet having been left out of the squad that drew 1-1 with Everton in early March.

Uploads

Denilson: On loan in his homeland

SAO PAULO: DENILSON WANTS TO STAY

Sao Paulo claim Arsenal midfielder Denilson wants to stay in Brazil beyond the expiry of his current loan deal.
    The 24-year-old returned to his former club on season-long loan having fallen down the pecking order at the Emirates and has impressed Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus.
    De Jesus said: "Our conversation was that we have every interest in continuing as we are. We want to renew at the end of the contract and he has said he wants to too.

"He (Denilson) will speak with his representatives, who will contact the English club. There is no rush because he is here until the middle of the year."
    Denilson signed for the Gunners from Sao Paulo in the summer of 2006 for a fee of 3.4million

Uploads

Martin Jol: Has recalled midfielder

KACANAKLIC RECALLED BY FULHAM

Fulham manager Martin Jol has recalled midfielder Alex Kacanaklic from his loan spell with Watford, which had been due to run until the end of the season.
    The 20-year-old scored one goal in 12 appearances for the Hornets and may go straight into the Fulham squad for Saturday's clash with Norwich.

Hornets boss Sean Dyche said: "I think this loan has gone very well for Alex as an individual and us as a team. He became more and more of an influence for us the more used to Championship football he got.

"I kept impressing at the time we got him that he'd not played a competitive match in his career to that point - so I think he's developed really well.
    "He's another young talent who we'd monitored from pre-season. We wish him well with his future at Fulham."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast