Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-2012

Mark Van Bommel: Open to PSV return

VAN BOMMEL CONSIDERS PSV RETURN

AC Milan midfielder Mark van Bommel is considering a return to PSV Eindhoven when his contract runs out this summer.
    The 34-year-old's future is up in the air after Milan revealed they would not renew the contracts of their ageing stars until after the season.
    While the Holland international would like to remain at San Siro he admitted a return to PSV - where he played six seasons before leaving in 2005 - was a realistic alternative.

"I have got several options, but for me there are just two serious options - AC Milan and PSV," he told NOS.
    "How big the chance is that I return to PSV? There is a chance, yes."
    Van Bommel's agent, Mino Raiola, has already stated that the midfielder would accept a pay-cut to return to his homeland.
    However, Raiola warned that any negotiations would be called off should PSV appoint Louis van Gaal as manager following his falling out with Van Bommel while they were at Bayern Munich.

"[PSV technical director] Marcel [Brands] has effectively confirmed the appointment of Louis van Gaal, albeit not in not in so many words," he said.
    "He knows that a transfer will be impossible for Mark if Van Gaal is coach."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-03-2012

Heskey: Contract talks on hold

ASTON VILLA PUT TALKS ON HOLD

Aston Villa will put talks on the future of Emile Heskey, Carlos Cuellar and Brad Guzan on hold until the end of the season.
    The current deals of veteran striker Heskey, defender Cuellar and number two keeper Guzan run out in June.

Villa have held initial negotiations with Cuellar and Guzan with the former already indicating he would like to remain at the midlands club.
    But assistant manager Peter Grant said: "The gaffer (Alex McLeish) has said he would rather put all these talks back until the season ends.
    "Alex has always been one of those guys who prefers to do his business at the end of the season. He knows the most important thing is Villa winning games.
    "His thinking is 'I'd rather leave it as much as I possibly can' and I think the players we are working with understand that."

Cuellar has been in outstanding form since being restored to the side and Guzan showed his potential during a two-month run in the side when Shay Given was injured.
    But Heskey is no longer a first-choice striker although he was restored to the side for last weekend's clash with Arsenal.

Uploads

Pavel Pogrebnyak: Would like Fulham deal

POGREBNYAK HAPPY AT FULHAM

Loan star Pavel Pogrebnyak insists he's happy at Fulham and would be ready to sign a permanent deal.
    The Russia international joined Fulham on loan from Stuttgart and has made a huge impact at Craven Cottage with five goals.
    Martin Jol concedes he is desperate to keep the 28-year-old, who in turn admits he would be happy to continue his working relationship with the Dutchman.

"I need a coach like Jol and would love to stay in England and continue to work with him," he said.
    "A conversation with the club's leadership will be held in the near future.
    "The English game is faster than in Germany, and there are a lot of battles. But I think I've got used to it."
    A number of other Premier League clubs are believed to be monitoring Pogrebnyak's situation.

Uploads

Josh McEachran: Struggled for regular starts

RODGERS DEFENDS McEACHRAN LOAN

Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers believes Josh McEachran's loan move from Chelsea has been a success, despite his lack of action.
    McEachran has made just two starts for Swansea since arriving on loan during the January transfer window.
    However, Rodgers insists highly-rated midfielder McEachran will return to Stamford Bridge as a better player for his experiences at the Liberty Stadium.
    "The loan move was more than just games for Josh," Rodgers told The Sun. "It was also about experiencing a new team, city and lifestyle.

"He was 18 when he came and it's been great for his development. He admitted he was behind with his conditioning.
    "He has fitted in quite easily and he respects how well the other players have been doing so it's been very difficult.
    "The balance in the midfield has been very good.
    "Every player wants game-time but that can't happen for everyone. But when he returns to Chelsea he will be better for his experience here.
    "It doesn't matter whether it is games or lifestyle, he will be a better player and person for that."

Uploads

Jamie Langfield: Slipped down the pecking order

LANGFIELD COULD LEAVE ABERDEEN

Jamie Langfield's agent has hinted that his client could quit Aberdeen in the summer in an effort to find regular first team football.
    The 32-year-old has spent seven years with the Dons and has been their first-choice shot-stopper for much of that time.
    A spell on the sidelines has, however, seen him slip behind Wales international Jason Brown in the Pittodrie pecking order.
    Langfield suffered a seizure in May 2011 and underwent brain surgery last summer.

He has battled his way back to full match fitness, but has been unable to dislodge Brown and is now being forced to weigh up his options.
    "Jamie is 100 per cent fit and while his preference is to stay with Aberdeen he also wants to be playing football," Langfield's representative Blair Morgan told the Daily Record.
    Dons boss Craig Brown added: "It is up to Jamie to force his way into the team. He knows we rate him highly."

Uploads

David Preece: Will leave this summer

PREECE SET FOR OAKWELL EXIT

Barnsley manager Keith Hill has revealed the club will not be offering goalkeeper David Preece a new contract this summer.
    Preece is currently on a one-year deal which will expire at the end of the campaign when he will begin his search for a new employer.
    "David has been a superb professional and a good team player, but we won't be offering him a contract at the end of the season," Hill told The Star.

"I've had discussions with David and he understands the decision."
    But the Tykes boss insists he has no plans to sign on-loan Tottenham keeper David Button on a permanent basis.
    "I don't think we'll be able to afford David unfortunately, so finding a new keeper will be one of our aims," added Hill.

Uploads

Montgomery: Loan spell cut short by injury

MONTGOMERY RETURNS TO BLADES

Nick Montgomery has returned to Sheffield United after seeing an untimely injury cut short his loan spell at Millwall.
    The midfielder has suffered a calf problem and will head back to Bramall Lane for treatment.
    The 30-year-old only linked up with the Lions on 20th March on a deal that was due to run until the end of the season.
    He has, however, been forced away from the Den after just 20 minutes of action.

He made two appearances for Millwall, in their 3-0 victory over Doncaster and the 1-0 defeat to Leeds.
    Montgomery will be assessed by the Blades' medical staff upon his return, but it is unlikely that he will head back to London before the end of the 2011/12 campaign.
    "It is a disappointment because he's picked up an injury very, very quickly at the start of his Millwall career," Lions manager Kenny Jackett told the Southwark News.

Uploads

McManus: Back at The Riverside

McMANUS RECALLED BY MIDDLESBROUGH

Middlesbrough have recalled Stephen McManus from loan amid fears that skipper Matthew Bates has suffered another cruciate ligament injury.
    The Scotland international centre-back returned from his spell at Championship counterparts Bristol City on Wednesday night with Bates and fellow central defender Seb Hines on the casualty list.
    Manager Tony Mowbray told the club's official website: "Stephen is our player. He was away on loan and he's now coming back to play his part and help us continue our push to try to get out of this league."
    Hines suffered concussion in Tuesday night's 1-1 draw at Ipswich, while Bates was carried off with yet another knee injury.

Boro are yet to confirm the extent of the damage after tests on Wednesday, but if it proves to be serious, it could sideline him for months, the latest in a catalogue of lengthy lay-offs in the 25-year-old's career to date.
    He has already been ruled out of Saturday's trip to Brighton, although Hines has a chance of returning.

Uploads

Lukasz Zaluska: Staying at Celtic

NEW CELTIC DEAL FOR ZALUSKA

Celtic goalkeeper Lukasz Zaluska has signed a new three-year deal.
    The Polish shot-stopper, who joined the Bhoys from Dundee United in 2009, has moved to end speculation over his future by agreeing to extend his stay at Parkhead until 2015.
    The 29-year-old has found himself playing back-up to Fraser Forster for the last two seasons, but insists he is happy to stay at Celtic.
    "I have become a Celtic supporter, I love this club and I feel so good here," Zaluska told Celtic View.
    "Of course I'm not happy being number two, I want to be playing all the time, but Scotland is my second home now.

"You play football to win trophies and Celtic is a great place to be if you want to do that. That's why I decided to stay here.
    "Sometimes players play in the Premier League for 10 years and never win anything. At Celtic we have the chance to play in Europe every year.

"When my friends came to visit me for the first time they experienced the atmosphere inside the stadium and realised how big a club it is. I'm really proud to be a part of this team.

"I played for a few clubs in Poland and you cannot compare them to Celtic. Even Dundee United, it's a nice club but it is quite small - everyone in the world knows about Celtic.

"There is a great training ground, great stadium, great supporters, the lads in the team are really friendly and I enjoy every single day at this club.
    "It has probably been the best few years of my football career. I'm coming to the best years for a goalkeeper and I want to give them to Celtic."

Uploads

Philip Beard: QPR chief

BEARD CONFIDENT STARS WILL STAY

QPR chief Philip Beard claims the club will be able to hang on to their top players even if they are relegated from the Barclays Premier League.
    The club are third from bottom but have invested heavily in players over the last year, and appointed Mark Hughes as manager in January after sacking Neil Warnock.
    A number of the players' contracts are thought to guarantee them similar salaries even if they are relegated.
    Club chief executive Beard said at the Soccerex conference in Manchester: "We were very active in the 10 days after the takeover in August and fairly active in January and I'll stand behind every single one of those contracts irrespective of what happens.

"If we do not stay up I anticipate the vast majority will stay at QPR to try and help us get back. We've gone into this with our eyes wide open.
    "Our aim is to find a stabilised position in the Premier League over next few years."
    Beard said QPR were looking to build a new stadium and though attracted by the idea of ground-sharing ruled out doing so with their nearest club Chelsea.

Rugby union side Wasps used to play at Loftus Road and asked if a rugby club could share a new stadium he added: "It could be other sports. There's no reason why a football stadium can't host a boxing match, potentially rugby, tennis tournaments, anything.
    "I do think there's a platform where discussions would take place on success and viability s of ground-sharing but at the moment that's very emotional for football fans.

"I can't envisage QPR sharing a ground with Chelsea football club."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast