Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 07-04-2012

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 07-04-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 07-04-2012

Dirk Kuyt: Linked with Roma switch

Dirk Kuyt's agent has moved to play down reports linking the Liverpool striker with a move to Roma.
    The 31-year-old has been a bit-part player under Kenny Dalglish this term, starting just 19 games, and there are rumours his six-year association with the club could soon be over.
    Roma have been linked with the Dutch striker and so have his former club Feyenoord in Holland, but the player's adviser insists he would ideally like to remain on Merseyside.

"He would prefer to stay at Liverpool," Rob Jansen told Algemeen Dagblad.
    "If that is not possible there is a big possibility that he would decide to choose a new foreign adventure.
    "If he did ever return to the Netherlands, then it would 100 per cent be for Feyenoord. I am going to Liverpool in the next 10 days to talk to them about Kuyt."

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-04-2012

Roberto Mancini: Title race pressure

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini accepts his job may not be guaranteed long-term, even though he has helped steer them towards a glorious future.
    The Italian's position at the Etihad Stadium has become the subject of speculation as his side have stuttered in the Barclays Premier League title race over the past month.
    That is despite a largely impressive and sustained challenge for a first league crown since 1968 and last season's FA Cup success, which ended a 35-year trophy drought.
    Mancini, who succeeded Mark Hughes in December 2009, said: "I started my job two-and-a-half years ago and from that moment I think we have improved a lot as a team, as players, as a club.

"I think this is important when you are at a new team.
    "When you choose the job you should know anything can happen any moment but I don't have any problem with this.
    "When you work hard for your job and you improve for your team, I think this is important."
    City, having led the table for most of the season, now trail rivals Manchester United by five points with seven games remaining.
    Real Madrid's former Chelsea and Inter boss Jose Mourinho has been linked with Mancini's job but there has been no suggestion from City's Abu Dhabi-based owners that they are considering a management change.
    Indeed, Mancini has been strongly backed by them throughout his tenure, both financially and in terms of other key man-management matters.
    Mancini is thankful for that and enjoys working with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

The 47-year-old said: "My relationship with Khaldoon is fantastic.
    "I can say if he sacks me at the end of the season or next year - I don't know - I can say every manager that works with Khaldoon is very lucky. Khaldoon is a really good man."
    City face a must-win game at Arsenal tomorrow as they bid to keep their title challenge alive.
    Mancini has already conceded the race would be over if his side lose and United beat QPR on the same day.
    He is determined that will not happen and is convinced the gap can still be closed.
    He said: "If they [United] win all their games, congratulations, they deserved to win the title.
    "But seven games from the end I think anything can happen.

"We lost four points in two games. It is possible that can happen to them."
    City are hopeful top scorer Sergio Aguero will be fit to return after his much-discussed foot problem while Joleon Lescott will be welcomed back in defence after a hip injury.
    Midfielder Samir Nasri is also available against his former club after missing last week's draw with Sunderland due to a family problem.

Raul: Schalke want to keep the striker

Raul has still to make a decision on his future at Schalke despite receiving a "good" contract offer from the club.
    The former Real Madrid star's current deal expires at the end of the season and negotiations over a possible extension have been taking place for several months.

Spanish goalscoring legend Raul is reported to want a two-year deal, but Schalke were understood to have only offered 12 months.
    Schalke are also rumoured to want to decrease the 34-year-old's wages from his current salary as the highest earner at the club.
    Real presently pay part of his wages as an agreement which was included in his 2010 transfer, but any new deal would see Schalke take on 100 per cent of the payments.

And Raul is considering his options, as he told Deutsche Presseagentur: "I have been handed a good offer. Schalke are keen to sign a new contract.
    "I have not yet taken any decision. This is all I am able to say on that. I have definitely not decided my future at this point in time."

Ivica Olic: Two goals against Marseille

Bayern Munich striker Ivica Olic will decide at the end of April whether he will join Wolfsburg.
    The Croatia international will be out of contract in the summer and has made just 16 Bundesliga appearances in 2011/12, but he has not given up hope of staying at Bayern.
    Olic was the goalscoring hero in the win over Marseille in the Champions League quarter-finals as he made a surprise start and remains fully committed.
    But the 32-year-old, who missed a chunk of the last campaign due to knee injury, also has a 'very good offer' to think about from Wolfsburg and he is considering his options.

Olic told Munich-based newspaper tz: "I have really not taken any decision just yet. I think I might have taken a decision at the end of this month.
    "All I am able to say is that I have received a very good offer from Wolfsburg. I am looking forward to remaining in the Bundesliga. It's simply a great league to play in.
    "Therefore I think Wolfsburg is the first option in terms of taking the decision to leave Bayern at the end of the season."

Ally McCoist: Rangers manager

American businessman Bill Miller claims manager Ally McCoist would be central to his plans if his bid to save Rangers is successful.
    The 65-year-old, who owns a business making tow trucks and recovery equipment, is one of the three contenders to secure Craig Whyte's shareholding at the administration-hit Ibrox club along with the Blue Knights, headed by former Light Blues director Paul Murray, and Bill Ng's Singapore consortium.
    Miller revealed he was the sole bidder remaining from the consortium put together by Chicago-based Club 9 Sports and says McCoist has a crucial part to play if his takeover bid is successful.

"I will be speaking with Ally and he clearly fits into my plans for the future of Rangers," Miller told a number of newspapers.
    "I believe my plans are the best for Rangers Football Club's long-term success.
    "I can assure you that I would not be interested if I did not have the best interests of the fans, team and club at heart.
    "My aim is to save the club, put it on a stable footing - making profits and not losing money so it qualifies for European competition - and ensure it can have a strong future to match its history."
    While administrators Duff and Phelps are keen on Rangers exiting administration through a CVA (company voluntary agreement), with potential debts of £134million there remains real fears that the club could be liquidated.

Today at Ibrox when Rangers take on St Mirren, around 50,000 fans will take part in a red-card protest to show their unity against liquidation.
    Fans' groups are also threatening to boycott the club should a new owner go down the 'newco' route but Miller claims his bid is structured around ensuring Rangers exit administration through a CVA.
    He said: "My preference is a CVA exit. It has not been determined yet as to how this or another structure may work.
    "I am working with the administrators and lawyers to find a creative solution that protects the history and future of the Rangers but does not have the club hampered by large amounts of debt going forward.
    "Any Rangers fan should be alarmed by this (potential debt).

"It totally hampers the club's ability to be successful in the future.
    "It is my intention to clean this up. Any time you negatively affect the future revenues by mortgaging the future of a team, you are endangering its very survival."