Hasbro nets OTT multiyear multiplatform deal

Joseph O'Halloran ©RapidTVNews | 07-04-2012

Ten highly popular franchises, including new and catalogue, are among what the TV and production and distribution division of Hasbro has made available for Netflix.
Hasbro Studios develops and produces shows based on Hasbro’s world class brands. Many of its shows air on The Hub, a television network for kids and their families and which is a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications.
As part of the multiplatform, multiyear deal, the over the top (OTT) leader will include in its “Just For Kids” section Hasbro content such as Transformers Prime, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, G.I. Joe: Renegades, The Adventures of Chuck & Friends. JEM & The Holograms, Transformers: Generation 1, G.I. Joe: Real American Heroes, Transformers: Beast Wars and Transformers: Rescue Bots will follow later in 2012.

“We are pleased that consumers will now be able to watch our award-winning programming on Netflix, the leading internet subscription service,” enthused Hasbro Studios President Stephen Davis. “We are making our content easy to access, anytime, anywhere and on all platforms where audiences are consuming content and this is a big step forward with our all-screen strategy.”
"We are very excited to be working with Hasbro Studios," added Cindy Holland, Vice President of Content Acquisition at Netflix. "This deal allows us to offer even more great kids’ programming to our members, both adults and kids alike, including new seasons of My Little Pony, Transformers Prime and Pound Puppies after the season finale airs on The Hub."