Thread: Why Does This Happen ? :(

Uploads

Why Does This Happen ? :(

Well I am not quite a newbiew but near enough I guess!. I have been using progdvb with v-plug for a while now and managed to find my away around it and it is working good for me.. Just one thing left to undertstand.. ever 2-3 days my channel listings seem to get messed up.. e.g. i click on a channel name only to find it is a totally different channel !.. the only solution I have found is to do a total new install and scan the transponder again which is a real pain.. what am I doing wrong here ? is there a solution to this .. is it only happening to me or is this a common problem .. is there a fix for this ? thanks in advance for any advice :)

Uploads

Re: Why Does This Happen ? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy1 View Post
    Well I am not quite a newbiew but near enough I guess!. I have been using progdvb with v-plug for a while now and managed to find my away around it and it is working good for me.. Just one thing left to undertstand.. ever 2-3 days my channel listings seem to get messed up.. e.g. i click on a channel name only to find it is a totally different channel !.. the only solution I have found is to do a total new install and scan the transponder again which is a real pain.. what am I doing wrong here ? is there a solution to this .. is it only happening to me or is this a common problem .. is there a fix for this ? thanks in advance for any advice :)
    Hi Droopy

Well seems that you're alone to have this trouble..
    I 'll try to help you but for that I need to have more details :

- which version of progdvb it is ?
    - what is your version of vplug ?
    - are you running on windows xp sp2 ?
    - what is you card type ?
    - on progdvb, what are your signal quality and strenght ?

To begin, may be you can strat by updating your card driver...

regards

Uploads

Wow Thanks for helping out Multipass !.. here are the details you asked for :
    - which version of progdvb it is ? 4.75
    - what is your version of vplug ? 0.9.7.0
    - are you running on windows xp sp2 ? Win XP
    - what is you card type ? Kworld
    - on progdvb, what are your signal quality (100%) and strenght ? (40%)

Sad no one else is having this problem.. it seems to happen to me no matter which version I am using. Anyway thanks in advance again Multipass. HAGD

Try this... No need to reinstall the program itself. Open the ProgDVB folder and change the folder named 'channels' to a different name such as 'old channels'. Next, create a new folder named 'channels'. You can now rescan for the current channels on each sat. After you do click on channel list in ProgDVB and drop down to property. Click on it and you will notice two listings under 'type'. Dynamic types contain all the original info whereas favorites can be edited and changed. What I do is allow my original scans to be dynamic. I then click 'request for delete on update' and 'show channel number'. Next to 'group by' I use 'Satellite name' and 'sort' I use 'by number'. With this info as my channel property I now make sure I have 'dynamic' marked. Now, from these I create 'favorites' by copying and pasting only the TV channels from each into a 'new' folder that can clicked on just above 'property' under 'channel list'. I name it All TV. I use all the same settings as above except for marking it as 'favorites' rather than 'dynamic'. Using that list will prevent any changes from being made to your original scan. First off, I doubt the vPlug application is the cause of any changes. Secondly, especially if you are in NA, there are changes being made on a regular basis to where they are on transponders and even satellites by the providers. For instance here is a cut and paste of what I'm referring to from a site that documents the changes DN makes on a daily basis...
    8/10/06
    • Los Angeles ABC, CBS and NBC HD channels (6306-6308 and hidden mirrors 9970-9972) moved from tp 27 to 4 and back to 27 at 129°. Tried to sneak one passed (ANON)! :)
    • INHD TV is now uplinked to channel 9468 tp 27....no...now tp 4 at 129° and tp 20 at 61.5°. It is not available to subscribers (ANON)
    • TST75, a test channel of some sort is now uplinked to channel 9852 on tp 20 at 129° (ANON)
    • KWGN (235, 8204, and 9069) and WSBK (236 and 8775) moved from tp 15 to 20 at 119° (ANON)
    • The X games channels 473-477 were removed from tp 24 at 110° since the event is over (ANON)
    • ERA Sport Radio (723) moved from tp 10 to 26 at 121°. (ANON)
    • ERA Sport Radio was also uplinked to channel 916 on tp 14 at 61.5° and tp 7 at 148° (ANON)
    • ERA 5 Radio was uplinked to channel 915 on tp 18 at 61.5° and tp 11 at 148° (ANON)
    • KTVX DT, KUTV DT, KSL DT and KSTU (channels 6371-6374) moved from tp 26 to 18 at 129° (ANON)
    • Richmond, VA local channels (9385-9392) moved from tp 20 to 24 at 129° (ANON)
    • Gallery HD (9472), Rush HD (9476) and FilmFest HD (9480) moved from tp 3 to 6 at 129° (ANON)
    • Test channels HMP45 and 46 (9498 and 9499) have been removed from tp 18 at 129° (ANON)
    • Test channels HMP43 and 44 (9968 and 9969) have been removed from tp 6 at 129° (ANON)
    8/9/06
    • Added "(ERT SAT)"to the names of channels 603 and 719 and changed the web link to point to the proper version of the channel. ERT is the Greek domestic channel. ERT SAT is the international version which is what is available on dish. (Nick)
    • Channels 652 and 704 which were listed as KBS or Korean Broadcasting Service, and channel 9850 which was listed as KBS World have always been the same channel in content. Channels 704 and 9850 are in reality one channel on the same satellite with two channel numbers. Channel 652 is the same channel on the "wing locations" at 61.5° and 148°. This is old news to most readers, however there has been a lot of confusion about this so it needs mentioning again. At the same time, the name of the channel and web link was corrected to "KBS America" (Nick). According to that web site, this is the channel that is actually on Dish.
    • Added web links for Mubahay Channel, RPN USA, VIVA and NBN (Filipino Networks) (Nick)
    • Time for a new crop of free preview channels in the 281-290 range. ESPN Classic, History International, The Science Channel, Lime, Gol TV, and Starz Comedy have been removed. The new free preview channels are: 281 College Sports TV, 282 The Military Channel, 283 Encore WAM, 284 Soap Net, 285 Fox Sports en Español, 286 The Sleuth Channel and 287 (Available to subscribers with HD receivers ONLY) NFL HD. (ANON)
    • There is a second Dandana TV channel now uplinked and available to subscribers on channel 674. (ANON) It appears to be the "new" Danda is part of a different package code. However it is identical to channel 672 which has been available for some time. Non-subscribers are not able to see the channel in the EPG.
    • WGTW has been removed from the system. (ANON) As reported on 8/2, this Philadelphia channel has been removed in favor of the national TBN channel.
    • KMAS 24 Telemundo Steamboat Springs, CO (KMAS LP 63 Denver) has been removed from tp 12 spot 30 channel 8209 at 110°. (ANON)
    • WMUR is now available to New Hampshire residents that subscribe to local channels in the Portland, ME and Burlington, VT TV markets. WMUR should show up on channels 6233 or 6234 (depending on the market) and mapped to channel 66. (ANON) Again these channel are now available to New Hampshire residents ONLY. As a reminder WMUR on channel 9 and 8784 is available to the entire Boston TV market including the eastern half of MA one county in VT.
    Now, as you can see, they are many and happen frequently. These are not in any way due to an application that allows viewing of a sat provider. They are common. So, by knowing what changes have been made at any time all one needs to do from there is edit it in the individual channel property of each channel. That info can be found in your transponder.ini files and by going to the lyngsat site and making sure you have the correct transponder listed first, then the correct frequency and polarization for it. You get to the individual channel properties by right clicking the channel in question. Once you have the correct transponder and frequency you'd click 'update' ProgDVB will then only scan that one channel and update it with the remaining current and valid info.
    Don't assume something is causing a problem before you understand how the process works. You know what they say about people who ASS-U-ME, don't you?

Uploads

Miguelini !thnkyou for the time and trouble you have tken in tryingto help out. I shall certainly give your sugesstions a try. Thanks once again ! HAGD :)

No problem. Just paying it forward. One other thing I want you to understand about creating these new 'favorite' folders...This allows you to combine channels on different sats that previously were in seperate folders. If you use the Nexus-s remote like I do, you can now access all the channels from one common folder while using the remote. Secondly, you can create your own 'terms' for channels much like what sat providers do, by grouping channels with specific content, such as, news, movies, PPV, sports, and adult. Further, if you want to restrict some people, such as children, from being able to access some channels, such as adult, you can do so by removing those channel lists and placing them in a password protected 'documents and settings' user's 'My Documents' folder on your computer and simply add it back when you choose to watch that type of programming yourself. It's much like how the sat provider adds this sort of password protected access themselves for channels that customers might want to allow restricted access to. It's pretty cool to play around with once you figure it out. And, it's actually pretty simple to do in reality.