Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Phillip Cocu: Not being considered for full-time role

    PSV RULE OUT SENIOR SERVICE FOR COCU

    PSV Eindhoven technical director Marcel Brands has confirmed Phillip Cocu will not become the club's full-time coach next season.
    Cocu currently holds the position on an interim basis following the departure of Fred Rutten last month and led PSV to the KNVB Beker title on Sunday with a 3-0 win over Heracles Almelo.
    The club's fans and players have called for the former Holland midfielder to be handed the job on a permanent basis but Brands has revealed Cocu would rather further his education in the youth ranks.


    "Phillip is very clear, he goes to (manage the) A1 (team), no discussion," he told Voetbal International.
    A distinguished player for PSV in two spells either side of a six-year stay at Barcelona, Cocu joined the PSV coaching set-up in 2009 and worked under Rutten while also having responsibility for youth development.
    PSV will now look to recruit a manager over the summer with current Russia boss Dick Advocaat favourite to take over after Euro 2012.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Steve Coppell: Takes up Crawley post

    CRAWLEY TURN TO STEVE COPPELL

    Crawley have appointed former Reading manager Steve Coppell as the club's new director of football.
    Coppell, who has also had stints as manager of clubs including Manchester City, Crystal Palace and most recently Bristol City, takes up his new post with immediate effect.
    In a statement, Crawley announced: "Steve will oversee all aspects of the club's football operations. Craig Brewster will remain as caretaker manager."
    Former Inverness and Dundee United boss Brewster was handed the temporary job on Monday after Steve Evans left the club to become manager of Rotherham, and steered the League Two team to a win at Barnet to keep them in contention for automatic promotion.
    Crawley currently stand fourth, with three teams going straight up to League One.


    Former England and Manchester United winger Coppell, 56, has led both Palace and Reading into the Premier League in his career as a manager, and has been out of the game since leaving Bristol City in August 2010, after less than four months in charge.
    At the time, Coppell said he was retiring from managing but hoped to find another role within football.
    Crawley chief executive Alan Williams said: "Bringing someone with Steve's stature in football as well as his experience and detailed knowledge of the game to Crawley Town is another important milestone in the development of the club.
    "Steve's background and pedigree will help us to achieve our aims of pushing into League One and beyond and I am sure his appointment will be welcomed by everyone with Crawley Town FC at heart."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Alan Pardew: Newcastle's stature has improved this season

    PARDEW WARNS PLAYERS OVER 'BIG' MOVES

    Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has warned any player looking to join a "bigger" club to think twice.
    Andy Carroll and Jose Enrique, who both left Tyneside for Liverpool, were taunted by Magpies fans on their return last Sunday as their former club secured a 2-0 win which took them 11 points clear of the Reds in the Barclays Premier League table.
    That gap became 13 points over the weekend after Kenny Dalglish's men were only able to manage a home draw with Aston Villa while Newcastle won 2-0 at Swansea.


    Writing in his programme notes ahead of today's home clash with struggling Bolton, Pardew said: "I took no satisfaction from seeing our former players Andy and Jose enduring a difficult day as they were fantastic for us during their time at this club.
    "But maybe this season has changed a few perceptions and sent out a message to players tempted by offers to join so-called bigger clubs in the Premier League.


    "Newcastle have proved time and again over the last few months that we can compete with big-name clubs like Liverpool, and maybe it will encourage players to think again if they dare to believe the grass is greener elsewhere."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Adryan: Confirmed he had talks with United

    ADRYAN CONFIRMS MAN UNITED REBUFF

    Flamengo starlet Adryan has confirmed that he shunned interest from Manchester United before signing his new deal last year.
    The midfielder is one of Brazil's top prospects and is a regular for the Samba nation at youth level.
    The Red Devils are already well aware of Adryan and they opened talks with Flamengo last year.
    However, instead of moving to Europe the 17-year-old penned a new deal in his homeland, and he has now confirmed that he did rebuff interest from Old Trafford.


    "Man United did talk to me and showed interest," he told Globo Esporte.
    "But I was not interested in moving at that point. Let's see if something adequate comes up in the future."
    Asked about moving to Europe, Adryan - who has been likened to Brazilian legend Zico - insists he is not in any hurry to cross the Atlantic.

    "I don't think about going to Europe so quickly, things need to be done step by step," he added.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Jonas Olsson: 'Very happy' at the Hawthorns

    OLSSON: NO RUSH TO SIGN NEW DEAL

    West Brom centre-back Jonas Olsson will wait until after Euro 2012 before considering his future.
    Olsson has just over one year left of his current contract and West Brom would like the Sweden international to sign a new deal.
    But 29-year-old Olsson, who joined the club in 2008, will not rush to commit himself for the long term even though he is "very happy" at the Hawthorns.
    When asked if he is ready to discuss his future, Olsson said: "The thing in my mind is finishing off the season well with Albion and then prepare as good as possible for the Euros.


    "That's what I'm thinking about and then I'm going to have a think about my future as well. That's how I see it at the moment.
    "Will I like talks before the summer? No. I want to focus on the Euros first.
    "For me, there is no rush. It's not like my contract is expiring this year. I still have another year.
    "I see no need to rush anything. I've been speaking with [West Brom technical director] Dan Ashworth, and we've been speaking continuously throughout the season, and we're going to keep doing that."


    Olsson, a key player in recent seasons, added: "I tend to not look to far into the future.
    "I'm very happy here, I'm very grateful for being given the chance to play here, and whether my future lies here or elsewhere is something I have to discuss with the club.
    "Like any contract discussion, there are a few pieces more that need to fit in. There's no rush. It is an ongoing process and we'll see where we are at come the summer."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Morten Rasmussen: Prepared to stay at Celtic

    RASMUSSEN COULD STAY AT CELTIC

    Forgotten Celtic striker Morten Rasmussen claims he is ready to stay at the club and see out his contract.
    Rasmussen does not figure in Neil Lennon's plans at Parkhead and has spent the last two seasons on loan with Mainz, AaB and Sivasspor.
    However, none of those clubs have opted to sign Rasmussen following the end of his loan spells, leaving the Dane in limbo.


    Norwegian club Aalesunds saw a proposed deal collapse last month leaving the player to kick his heels in Glasgow.
    Rasmussen admits he would like to be sold, but concedes he will stay at Celtic if no-one makes a move for him.
    "I'd prefer to be sold but if no-one wants me I will stay at Celtic," Rasmussen told the Daily Record.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Rio Ferdinand: Wants more success

    RIO WANTS NO REGRETS ON UNITED EXIT

    Rio Ferdinand is approaching his 10th anniversary as a Manchester United player more hungry than ever to collect some silverware.
    When Ferdinand walked through the doors of Old Trafford after joining for a then British record 29.1million fee in 2002, he said his time at United would be measured by trophies.
    His haul is pretty impressive. He has won the Champions League, Club World Cup, two Carling Cups and a sixth Premier League title is seemingly on its way, with United eight points clear.
    Yet the 33-year-old is not satisfied.


    It is not just the ones that got away which rankle, it's the knowledge that at some point in the not-too-distant future, his career will come to an end.
    And the worst thing Ferdinand can imagine is to finish as a loser.
    "There are not many players who leave this club doing exactly what they want to do," he said ahead of Wednesday night's trip to Wigan.
    "It wouldn't be good finishing your career with a loss, or by not winning something.
    "The losses now do my head in. To think I wouldn't be able to rectify it the season after because I had retired or left would rankle.
    "I am not thinking about retirement. I am trying to play as long as I can. I have another year after this and I want to do another 10.
    "But whenever it is, I would want to go out on a high note."


    It has long been suggested Ferdinand could end his playing days in Major League Soccer.
    More recently, the growing impact of the Chinese League has been said to hold an allure.
    Sir Alex Ferguson still believes Ferdinand has a significant role to play as an elder statesman at United though.
    It may come as a surprise to some that the Londoner could end up being bracketed with Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, whose local connections forge a more obvious bond with the Red Devils.
    Having already been at West Ham and Leeds, a decade ago, Old Trafford seemed like just another stepping stone for the most stylish England defender of his generation.


    Ferdinand insists that was never his intention.
    "My association with the club will be there forever," he said.
    "Moving on was never in my mind. That first press conference, when I walked through the doors of the club, seeing the manager, seeing the pictures of all the old players, I grasped it straightaway.
    "I wanted to be part of the history of this club and to do that I have to stay here for a good amount of time.
    "I achieved that and hopefully I have a few more chapters.
    "But when I do eventually hang my boots up, I have great memories to take away.


    "The manager said the other day that not many players play for one club for 10 years any more. It doesn't happen.
    "To do it at a club like Manchester United that are fighting for league titles and different trophies every year, is good."
    Ferdinand is anxious to stress he is not dwelling on past glories, how can he when there is so much more to achieve.
    Giggs has already stated he would regard this Premier League title as one of the most significant given the challenges United have had to overcome.
    Wigan would appear to be one of the least formidable obstacles to United gathering the 11 remaining points they may require to end Manchester City's remaining hopes.
    The Latics have not claimed so much as a draw from 14 previous meetings with United and the aggregate score from the last five games between the north-west neighbours is a staggering 21-0.
    However, Ferdinand has been around long enough to know nothing can be taken for granted, which is one of the values of experience he hopes has rubbed off on the younger members of United's squad.
    "It is the little things you pick up on," he said.


    "In my first season, towards the end, we drew a game and I was a little bit depressed because it was two points lost in a game we were expected to win.
    "Gary Neville was sat nearby and his attitude was that could be the point that wins the league, which turned out to be the case.
    "It gets you out of being in a slump and a depressed mood. You look at things from a different angle.
    "Younger players watch the older ones. If we start panicking, so will they.
    "We just have to remain calm and continue playing the way we do all the time."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Brendan Rodgers: Linked with other jobs

    SINCLAIR PLAYS DOWN RODGERS TALK

    Scott Sinclair insists Swansea have not been affected by speculation linking manager Brendan Rodgers with a move away from the Liberty Stadium as they look to end a poor recent run at QPR on Wednesday night.
    Swansea's passing style has won them plenty of plaudits in their maiden Barclays Premier League campaign, with notable victories over Arsenal and Manchester City adding to Rodgers' reputation.
    The 39-year-old Northern Irishman, who signed a new three-and-a-half year deal in February, has been linked with Tottenham, should Harry Redknapp leave to take charge of England, and Chelsea.


    The most recent reports linking him with Spurs came prior to Swansea's trip to White Hart Lane, and defeats there and at home to Newcastle mean Swansea have now lost three on the trot ahead of their trip to the relegation-threatened Rs.
    But winger Sinclair, who is set to return to the side after being left out against Newcastle, says talk over the manager leaving has not unsettled the squad.


    "We are just getting on with the job, we can't afford to think about where the manager is going to go in the summer, if he goes," he said.
    "He signed a new deal and the main thing is to listen to him and make sure we carry on as normal and keep playing our game.
    "He is a great manager, he has changed this club and got us promoted in his first season. With all the things he has done he will get speculation about going to other places, but he enjoys it here.


    "Players expect it. When you do well in the Premier League the spotlight is on you more than in the Championship.
    "It's a much harder league and if you can do it at that level there will be speculation, but he is still Swansea manager."
    Swansea's run of defeats means they are still not mathematically sure of safety, although their 39-point haul means they have an 11-point buffer with just six games remaining.
    QPR, on the other hand, have no margin for error. Mark Hughes' side are above the drop zone on goal difference and with games against Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester City to come they will be desperate to pick up three points.


    History would suggest they have a good chance of claiming the spoils as Swansea have never won at Loftus Road, and they were hammered 4-0 there last season when the sides met in the Championship.
    Sinclair, who had a short spell on loan at QPR in 2007, is in no doubt about the size of the task facing the Swans, and insists the Welsh club cannot take their own survival for granted.
    "It will be very tough, they are fighting for their lives. We need to go there and give it an extra push to get the three points and get ourselves safe," he said.


    "We don't think the job is done, we need to keep winning, the target is to try to get that 10th position but the main target has always been to stay up, and we need a couple more wins before thinking about moving up the table
    "We definitely don't have enough points yet, we need to keep going. There is more pressure on us to get results as everyone is fighting for survival, but we need to get as many points as we can.


    "Loftus Road is a very difficult place to go, their fans are great and get behind the team but if we can go there and get an early goal hopefully we can come back with a result.
    "It will be a very open game, they need to win and get three points and I can see it being end-to-end.
    "When games open up it gives me more time to turn and run at defenders and hopefully it will be good to watch and play in."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    David van Zanten: Extends St Mirren stay

    NEW DEAL FOR VAN ZANTEN

    David van Zanten has signed a one-year contract extension with St Mirren.
    The 29-year-old's current deal was set to expire at the end of the season but he will now remain with the Buddies at least until 2013.
    The right-back had a previous spell with Saints between 2003 and 2008 and returned to the Paisley club in June 2010.
    (re-opens) Van Zanten hopes to remain at the club beyond the one-year extension.
    The Irishman told the club's website: "You don't see players with the one club for so long these days.
    "I went away for a couple of seasons and came back but St Mirren are a great football club, I can't praise the club highly enough to be honest.


    "I feel very fortunate to have played here for seven years now and I'm delighted to extend that with hopefully a few more years after that again.
    "I think I have plenty more years left in me as a football player so I'm happy for that to be at St Mirren and hopefully that starts with another successful year next season."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-04-2012

    Lawson D'Ath stays at Huish Park.

    D'ATH EXTENDS GLOVERS STAY

    Reading's Lawson D'Ath has extended his loan spell at Yeovil until the end of the season.
    The midfielder, who joined the Glovers in February, has impressed during his two-month stint in Somerset - making 10 appearances.
    D'Ath has helped guide Yeovil to the brink of safety in npower League One and the 19-year-old will be hoping to improve on his single-goal haul for the Huish Park outfit during the campaign's four remaining matches.

Similar Threads

  1. Latest Transfer Update at 09-04-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 23:30:25
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 07-04-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 13:20:10
  3. Latest Transfer Stories: Friday October 03-10-08.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum English (UK)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 19:43:13
  4. Latest Transfer News: 29-09-08.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum English (UK)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-09-2008, 20:02:42
  5. Latest Transfer News: 27-09-08.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum English (UK)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-09-2008, 19:38:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •