NFL's 2012 schedule release highlights Tuesday's news
- Published: April 17, 2012 at 08:38 a.m.
- Updated: April 17, 2012 at 09:24 a.m
Gov. Mark Dayton and other supporters of the Minnesota Vikings' bid to build a taxpayer-subsidized new stadium are facing long odds in keeping the proposal alive at Minnesota's Capitol now that a House committee voted to reject it.
Here's what else is on tap for Tuesday:
• Find out your team's road to the playoffs as the NFL releases the 2012 regular season schedule at 7 p.m. ET. Tune into NFL Network for full coverage.
• For decades, the Raiders lagged behind the rest of the NFL in organizational structure. A new front office is making changes to give Carson Palmer and Co. a shot to compete, Steve Wyche writes.
• Rams QB Sam Bradford was spotted last weekend enjoying supermodel Karlie Kloss' company at the Coachella Music Festival in Southern California.
• Gregg Williams, suspended indefinitely by the NFL, has been vilified for his role in the Saints' "bounty" program. Off the field, though, he is being hailed for helping out a community hard-hit by a tornado.
• You can keep up with all of our mock drafts by checking out mock draft central. Speaking of, now it's your turn to make your predictions for the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft for a chance to win a trip to New Orleans for Super Bowl XLVII.
• Find out who team beat writers believe will be drafted in the first 16 picks, as our "On the Beat" mock draft continues.
• Who needs athletes anyway? It's an all-Hollywood edition of The Rich Eisen Podcast. Plus find out how you can enter the "Step In Rich's Shoes" contest and appear on a future episode of the podcast.
• Five draft-related "NFL's Top 10" episodes are up for a vote by fans. Select your favorite, then see if it airs April 21 on NFL Network.
• Happy birthday to former Jaguars OL Tony Boselli, who turns 40 on Tuesday. Also celebrating a birthday Tuesday is former Bengals and Jets QB Boomer Esiason, who turns 51.