Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 23-04-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 23-04-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 23-04-2012

Fletcher: Expected to attract interest

WOLVES AIM TO KEEP LEADING PLAYERS

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey insists the club are under no pressure to sell their leading players after relegation from the Barclays Premier League was confirmed on Sunday.
    Local rivals Birmingham dismantled virtually their entire squad after they went down at the end of last season.
    But Moxey is adamant Wolves are in a strong financial position although the likes of top scorer Steven Fletcher, winger Matt Jarvis and striker Kevin Doyle are certain to attract attention.

He told Sky Sports News: "I am not sure it is inevitable we will lose players.
    "I think there will be interest in some of our players but we are in a very good financial position.
    "We have got players under long-term contracts, we are under no pressure to sell.
    "But let's get the season finished, get a manager in place, get that sorted out and then address the reshaping of our team that is required.
    "It is an opportunity to try to get stronger."
    Wolves will step up their bid to find a new manager once the season is over but Moxey believes interim boss, Terry Connor, can have a future at the club.

Connor stepped forward from the backroom staff in February to replace the sacked Mick McCarthy for the final 13 games of the campaign.
    Moxey said: "Terry is an outstanding coach, he is a Wolves man through and through, he is our manager until the end of the season.
    "We will address the situation of the manager once the season is finished and, as far as I am concerned, Terry is an outstanding guy and there is no reason why he should not have a future with us.
    "He has had to endure a very difficult situation that he's taken on as effectively as he possibly could. We will address it in detail at the end of the season.
    "We tried to sign a manger as everyone knows, that didn't work and Terry took over the reins."
    Moxey insists the whole club has to share the blame for the end of Wolves' three-year spell in the top flight.
    He said: "Let's be fair, the club from top to bottom and the team on the field of play, was not good enough as a collective to stay in the Premier league.

"I don't think it's right to apportion blame, whether it was just the manager, the players, the chairman, the board, myself, or what have you.
    "We win together, we draw together and we lose together."
    When asked about his future, Connor said: "I don't know. I just want to get through to May 13 at the moment and get as many points as we can.
    "Then is the time to sit down and discuss everything and the club will want to find a path to get back to the Premier League as quickly as possible.

"I'm in charge for three more games and will take care of those before sitting down with the club.
    "The club will then take the appropriate steps and decide whether it's myself, or someone with Championship experience, Premier League experience, or experience from abroad to take charge.
    "That will be the club's decision. I will stand by that decision."
    Connor added: "My own future is very much incidental compared to what happens at the football club.
    "I've been here 13 years and every day I have tried to give my very best."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-04-2012

Connor: Yet to win a game in charge of Wolves

NO DECISION YET ON CONNOR FUTURE

Interim Wolves manager Terry Connor insists the future of himself and the players will not be decided until the end of the season despite relegation being confirmed from the Barclays Premier League.
    Connor was placed in charge for the final 13 games of the campaign after Mick McCarthy's sacking in early February.
    But Wolves have gone down with still three matches remaining after collecting just two points out of a possible 30 under Connor.
    When asked about his future, Connor said: "I don't know. I just want to get through to May 13 at the moment and get as many points as we can.
    "Then is the time to sit down and discuss everything and the club will want to find a path to get back to the Premier League as quickly as possible.

"I'm in charge for three more games and will take care of those before sitting down with the club.
    "The club will then take the appropriate steps and decide whether it's myself, or someone with Championship experience, Premier League experience, or experience from abroad to take charge.
    "That will be the club's decision. I will stand by that decision."
    Connor added: "My own future is very much incidental compared to what happens at the football club.
    "I've been here 13 years and every day I have tried to give my very best."
    When asked if players may leave Wolves, Connor said: "I'll say again, all that will be discussed at the end of the season.
    "We have three more games to play, and then everyone will sit down and plot the future as to which players may stay and which may go."

Uploads

Danny Murphy: Expects to sign a new deal

MURPHY EXPECTS FULHAM STAY

Fulham skipper Danny Murphy expects to end speculation over his future by signing a new deal at Craven Cottage.
    Murphy's current deal expires at the end of the season and as yet no new contract has been agreed.
    It has fuelled rumours that Murphy could leave Fulham this summer with former Cottagers boss Mark Hughes waiting in the wings to bring him to Queens Park Rangers.

However, the 35-year-old does not envisage any problems in signing a new deal to keep him at Fulham.
    "I have spoken to the club a couple of times but there's no great urgency with me because I'm happy and they are happy with me," Murphy told The Sun.

"I'd be surprised if it didn't get sorted."
    Murphy believes the future looks bright at Fulham as there is real depth in the current squad.
    "The squad is as good as it's been. You can take three or four out and put three or four in and not worry," added Murphy.

Uploads

Liam Lawrence: Focused on Cardiff

LAWRENCE FOCUSED ON BLUEBIRDS

Liam Lawrence is focusing on helping Cardiff reach the play-offs rather than his own future.
    The winger is on loan at Cardiff after joining the club from cash-strapped Portsmouth last month.
    The 30-year-old still has two years to run on his contract at Portsmouth and he is widely expected to depart Fratton Park this summer.
    However, Lawrence is not thinking where he might be playing next season and is determined to help Cardiff secure a play-off spot with a win over Crystal Palace on the final day of the Championship campaign next weekend.
    "I am not thinking beyond this season right now," said Lawrence.

"My whole focus is on Cardiff City and doing everything I can to help them into the play-offs.
    "We know what has to be done and that means earning a win, or at least a draw, against Crystal Palace away this Saturday.
    "We will go to win and feel we are more than capable of achieving that."
    Lawrence also hit out the situation at Portsmouth after their relegation was confirmed over the weekend.
    The Republic of Ireland international admits he feels sorry for the Pompey fans for what has happened over the last few years, with the club being docked ten points earlier this season for going into administration for the second time in as many years.
    "I don't understand why they have done it to the fans and the club when it's the idiots above that have ruined the club," added Lawrence.
    "I feel so sorry for the fans, with what they've been through in the last three years. It's disgraceful."

Uploads

Alberto Malesani: Axed by Genoa

GENOA SACK MALESANI AGAIN

Genoa have sacked coach Alberto Malesani and appointed Gigi De Canio as his replacement.
    Malesani has been axed just 24 hours after the protest by Genoa fans which forced the home defeat to Siena to be suspended for 40 minutes on Sunday.
    With Genoa trailing 4-0 early in the second half at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris, an angry group of home fans accumulated around the tunnel area, from where they sent fireworks on to the pitch and threatened to invade it.
    The game was halted by referee Paolo Tagliavento and after a break of 20 minutes, the match officials and the Siena team left the field with the furious fans applauding them, but not letting the Genoa players approach.

The group demanded the home players take off their shirts and captain Marco Rossi gathered jerseys from all but goalkeeper Giuseppe Sculli, who tearfully confronted the supporters.
    The fans retreated from the tunnel following his show of passion and allowed the game to continue.
    Genoa president Enrico Preziosi was furious with the protest and the defeat to Siena and he has decided to sack Malesani for the second time this season.
    Malesani had started the season at Genoa, but was fired after a 6-1 defeat to Napoli in December only to be reappointed on April 2nd to replace Pasquale Marino.

However, Preziosi has now moved to bring in De Canio to lead the team for the final five games of the season.
    "De Canio is the new coach and today he will manage his first training," Preziosi told Radio Rai.
    Meanwhile Preziosi has defended the club's decision to have players remove their shirts during the clash with Siena and give them to unruly fans.
    "Yesterday we used good sense to avoid a worst-case scenario," Preziosi said to Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "I only said that if we had to give the jerseys to the fans, we could replace them by other ones and hence, we would have given them as gifts in order for the fans to be calm."

The move was heavily criticised by Massimo Mazza, Genoa's head of police.
    "We had the right number of policemen and there was no pitch invasion," he said.
    "When that group of fans told the players to take off their jerseys, I told my deputy to tell the club that I was totally against this.
    "My deputy referred it twice to the club, who opted for a different decision."
    The president of the Lega Serie A Maurizio Beretta has called for the fans that created the trouble to be punished.
    "It would be very important to show that those that were involved in those acts are made to answer for what they did," he said to www.legaseriea.it.

"In the meantime, we have to apply the maximum punishment that is available.
    "It's not sufficient to hand a stadium ban.
    "We must be able to stop those individuals that damage football and Genoa."
    The police have yet to make any arrests.
    "We have to work to identify the individuals and the responsibility they had," Mazza said.
    "We have to analyse the facts even though there were no violent acts."

Uploads

Ralf Rangnick: In talks with Hertha

RANGNICK IN TALKS WITH HERTHA

Ralf Rangnick has confirmed he has been in contact with Hertha Berlin about the possibility of taking over as coach for next season.
    Otto Rehhagel is currently in charge of the Bundesliga strugglers, but the 73-year-old's short-term deal comes to an end at the end of the campaign.
    Rangnick, who stepped down as coach of Schalke last September citing exhaustion syndrome, is reportedly keen to return to management, although he claimed formal negotiations with Hertha would not take place until it is known which division they are going to be playing in next term.

He told Kicker: "There is contact with Hertha, but, as long as it remains unclear how things will continue on a sporting and structural level, there is no point in holding discussions."
    The capital club have plenty of work to do to stay in the top flight. They lie second bottom, two points behind Cologne in the relegation play-off place, with two games of the season left.

Uploads

Pearce: Currently in interim charge

RICHARDS BACKS PEARCE AS FUTURE BOSS

Micah Richards believes Stuart Pearce will "eventually" be the right man to manage England - but fears now would be the wrong time.
    Under-21 boss Pearce is currently in interim charge of the senior national team following Fabio Capello's resignation in February.
    Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp remains the overwhelming favourite to succeed the Italian as England's next permanent boss, but it is still unclear who will be in charge of the team for Euro 2012.

Manchester City defender Richards, who played under Pearce at Eastlands, said in quotes reported by several national newspapers: "I do want to see Pearce there, but I don't want him to take it too soon and not be given a fair chance.
    "I'd rather him keep with the Under-21s and keep progressing there. Eventually he will be the right man for the job."

Uploads

Ruud Boffin: Leaves West Ham

RUUD BOFFIN LEAVES HAMMERS

Goalkeeper Ruud Boffin has parted company with West Ham after having his contract with the npower Championship club cancelled by mutual consent.
    The 24-year old Belgian joined the Hammers in September 2010 to serve as cover for first-choice keeper Robert Green, but made just three appearances for the play-off chasing east London club.
    A statement on whufc.co.uk said: "West Ham United would like to thank Ruud for his contribution and wish him all the best for the future."

Uploads

Rangers: Yet to name a preferred bidder

RANGERS DELAY ANNOUNCEMENT

Rangers administrators have confirmed they will not name a preferred bidder for the club on Monday.
    Duff and Phelps said on Friday that they would look to proceed with USA businessman Bill Miller's 11.2million bid on Monday, if no other offers were forthcoming.
    However, the Blue Knights, led by former director Paul Murray, have returned to the table and both bidders have asked for more time.
    David Whitehouse, of Duff and Phelps, said: "We have continued intensive discussions with interested parties over the weekend.
    "The Blue Knights and Bill Miller have asked for a further short period of time to finalise their plans for the cub prior to any announcement on a preferred bidder.
    "At this stage neither party has currently made an offer that is capable of acceptance by the administrators and we can only move forward when we have an offer on the table that can be concluded following a period of final due diligence."
    "In broad terms, the Blue Knights are trying to resolve issues regarding the structure of their proposed funding partnership with Ticketus as well as conducting further analysis of player contracts.
    "The proposed bid from Mr Bill Miller is, as he made clear on Friday, subject to specific conditions.
    "Both bidders have raised with us their strong desire to attain greater clarity on potential footballing sanctions the club may face and these remain issues to be resolved.

"We believe that both bidding parties have the best interests of the club in mind and, frustrating as though it is for fans, it is better that these complex issues are addressed now rather than later. It is imperative that whichever offer is taken forward can be delivered. For the avoidance of doubt, neither bid involves liquidation."
    Paul Murray, of the Blue Knights, said: "Frustrating though this is for everyone with the interests of the club at heart, the Blue Knights are supportive of the administration process and we think it is right the administrators are giving parties left in the race the opportunity to finalise their plans."
    Rangers boss Ally McCoist commented: "It has been a frustrating time for everyone associated with the club but I would ask our fans to stick with us for a few more days as we should have a clearer idea of where we are.
    "The administrators are working hard behind the scenes in very difficult and complex circumstances to ensure the future of Rangers Football Club."
    Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: "Our fans are frustrated by the further delay but hopefully the issues can be resolved in the next few days.
    "I'm sure every effort is being made to make progress and it is vitally important that we have clarification soon. It would be helpful if supporters allow Duff and Phelps to get on with their work at this crucial time."
    Whitehouse added: "Because of what has happened at Rangers, the football authorities too have a difficult task as there are many unprecedented issues to deal with.

"This is a complicated administration due to recent and historical events at Ibrox and while everyone wants to see a solution brought about quickly there is a need to grasp the reality of the situation.
    "It is all very well for some parties to talk in terms of delivering a Company Voluntary Arrangement.
    "That is an administrator's primary objective. However, that can only be delivered successfully if it is agreeable to creditors and it is fair to say that certain bids that have been submitted may not have been approved by creditors.
    "It is deeply regrettable that some parties have continued to present their bid as being a solution when it clearly was not the case.
    "In terms of timing, we believe that should an unconditional bid be made that would meet creditors' approval and a CVA process could begin, the club could emerge from administration within a period of two months and certainly prior to the commencement of next season.
    "If we proceed with an offer that is based on a sale of the business and assets, then we would expect the football club share to be transferred within a matter of weeks, with a preference of prior to the end of the current season.

"We fully understand and share the frustration of the fans. However, we cannot ignore the fact that while they wish to see an exit from administration there is a not a bid on the table now that will deliver that.
    "Everyone should also bear in mind that if that is not achievable then we have to look at all options to keep the club going.
    "What would be the worst outcome is neither party deciding they wish to carry on. It is therefore not in the club's interest for people - failed bidders and concerned supporters - to be generating hostility to bidders who are trying to secure the club's future."

Uploads

Erwin Koeman: Set for RKC Waalwijk role

ERWIN KOEMAN TO TAKE OVER AT RKC

RKC Waalwijk today announced Erwin Koeman will take over as coach from Ruud Brood for next season.
    Brood will join up with Roda JC at the end of the current campaign, leaving RKC free to appoint Koeman on a two-year deal.
    The 50-year-old started his career at RKC and is excited to be back.

He said on the club's website, www.rkcwaalwijk.nl: "I know the club, I have worked there before.
    "The management and the people who work there know what they want, they are very clear.

"RKC is a warm and friendly club and that is important for me."
    General manager Joost de Wit was happy to have secured the services of Koeman, who has also had spells with Feyenoord and the Hungary national team and is currently with FC Eindhoven.

De Wit said: "We chose an established name who can make talented players better.
    "He is a top coach who fits in well with RKC Waalwijk. He is a person who can deal with pressure and is not easily put out of his stride."
    RKC are currently ninth in the Eredivisie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast