Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-2012

Victor Moses: Ready to move on this summer

VICTOR MOSES READY FOR MOVE

Victor Moses is ready to quit Wigan Athletic this summer, his agent has confirmed.
    Wigan have been in talks with the 21-year-old about a contract extension, but it is understood it falls well-short of the Nigerian international's expectations.

Now Moses is looking to the future and his agent Tony Finnigan has confirmed that he is ready to leave the DW Stadium.
    "I think what Wigan have done is tremendous and shows it was the right place for him to go after Palace. But now I think Victor is ready for the next step," Finnigan is quoted by The Sun.
    "He still has lots of improving to do in terms of scoring goals more regularly.
    "But I think that would come if he was surrounded by better players.

"That's what he wants and is why he won't be extending his contract. I can't see Victor changing his mind."
    The likes of Tottenham, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle and QPR are amongst those understood to be ready to make a move for the former Crystal Palace forward - who has enjoyed an excellent run of form in recent weeks.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-05-2012

Max Kruse: New Freiburg recruit

FREIBURG SWOOP FOR KRUSE

Freiburg have made their first signing of the summer with midfielder Max Kruse arriving from second division side St Pauli.
    The 24-year-old has scored 13 times in 34 appearances for St Pauli this season, although that record was not quite enough to lead the Hamburg-based club back into the top flight as they missed out on a place in the play-off on goal difference to Fortuna Dusseldorf.
    Nevertheless, former Werder Bremen player Kruse will be playing Bundesliga football next year after joining Freiburg.

"Max Kruse is a very dangerous attacking midfielder who has already some Bundesliga experience," said Freiburg's director of sport Dirk Dufner.
    "To have managed to attract such a coveted young player to Freiburg shows that we remain an attractive destination for talented players."
    Freiburg avoided relegation to the second division with a fine second half of the season under the guidance of Christian Streich, who equalled a club record for consecutive games unbeaten before losing to champions Borussia Dortmund on the final day of the season.

Uploads

Chris Hughton: Refused to comment on speculation

HUGHTON COY ON BLUES EXIT TALK

Birmingham manager Chris Hughton was adamant the aftermath of his team's npower Championship play-off semi-final heartache at the hands of Blackpool was no time to discuss his future.
    Blues hit back to claim an absorbing 2-2 draw in Wednesday night's second leg at St Andrew's, but it was the Tangerines who progressed to the final against West Ham at Wembley on May 19 having triumphed 1-0 in the first leg last Friday.
    In the build-up to that encounter, Hughton said media talk linking him as the successor to England-bound Roy Hodgson at West Brom was just that.
    And his stance had not wavered after Birmingham's 62-game season came to an end.
    "It's very difficult for me to comment on anything because anything's that's been mentioned at all has always just been speculation," Hughton said.

"And I think it's probably not fitting at this moment."
    He added: "I'm sitting here and everything that's been said about me has very much been speculation. It's certainly not the right moment because it's about a group of players. I'm as devastated as they are because we've got so close."
    Hughton has performed superbly in his first campaign in charge at Birmingham, battling the club's well-documented cash-flow problems and putting together a new-look side which went on to perform strongly both domestically and in Europe.
    The bulk of City's squad was overhauled last summer to cope with the financial demands of dropping out of the top flight.
    But Hughton does not envisage a repeat over the coming months.

"I don't see wholesale changes," he said. "We lost a lot of players this season and right at this moment I don't anticipate seeing another exodus.
    "But, of course, I need to sit down with Peter (Pannu, vice-chairman) and Carson (Yeung, president) and see exactly where we are."
    Blackpool deserved to progress based on the balance of play over both legs and will now look to clinch their second play-off final success in three seasons.

But they will be underdogs against a Hammers side who, as well as narrowly missing out on automatic promotion, swept past Cardiff 5-0 in their semi-final and beat the Seasiders 4-0 and 4-1 in their two regular-season league meetings.
    Manager Ian Holloway said: "We're going to try to take on a team who finished 11 points above us and beat us 8-1 over the two league games.
    "You don't get a bigger test than that but we're looking forward to it."

Uploads

Trevor Birch: Portsmouth's administrator

BIRCH CONFIRMS CHAINRAI INTEREST

Portsmouth's administrator Trevor Birch has confirmed Balram Chainrai is one of two parties interested in taking over the club.
    The representatives of Chainrai have previously said the Hong Kong-based businessman would not witness the club's liquidation, while Chainrai told administrators to turn to him only as a 'last resort.'
    But while Birch has confirmed former owner Chainrai's interest, he admits there is still no deal finalised.

"We are in discussions with two interested parties, one of which is Balram Chainrai," Birch said.
    "Chainrai's representatives publicly stated at the creditors' meeting that they would not allow the club to be liquidated and we have since met with them to gauge their interest.
    "There is no solid bid on the table from either party at present but we are trying to find an appropriate deal structure that works within the timeframe.
    "We are also talking to our contacts in the market to encourage any other potential bidders to come forward immediately."
    Birch has been on the lookout for a buyer to take over at Fratton Park since February 17.

Uploads

Olivier Giroud: Bayern Munich target
    GIROUD SWAYED BY BAYERN INTEREST

Bayern Munich target Olivier Giroud has already spoken to his France team-mate Franck Ribery about life with the Bavarian club.
    The Montpellier striker is believed to be Bayern's number one summer transfer target having taken Ligue 1 by storm this season, and appears interested in a move to Germany.

"Bayern Munich are more in the focus than any other club due to the positive experience of French players there," he said.
    "I have not yet spoken to them directly, but my agent has. Every player says how friendly they have been welcomed there and how happy they were there."
    None more so than Ribery, who has given Giroud the lowdown on life in Munich and Germany.
    "I have spoken to Ribery a bit about the Bundesliga," said the 25-year-old in Sport Bild magazine.

"We spoke about the fantastic fans, the full stadiums and the great life in Germany, and of course how the Bundesliga is particularly appealing to a striker since they play attacking football there."
    With Ivica Olic leaving Bayern this summer for Wolfsburg, a striker is their priority.
    And while Giroud recognises he is a similar player to Bayern's current number one striker Mario Gomez, he does not see why they could not complement each other.

"We are roughly the same height and have a similar profile, even if there are a few differences," he said.
    "Mario Gomez is a great finisher in front of goal and he is very strong within the penalty area.
    "I can also score goals from outside the area while Gomez is stronger inside. I am a player who takes part in constructing the game more than Mario Gomez.
    "With the amount of games Bayern play in all competitions, maybe Gomez and I could play alternately.
    "Of course Gomez would be first choice for the big games."

Uploads

Souness: Linked to an interested consortium

RANGERS HOLD TALKS WITH BIDDERS

Rangers administrators Duff and Phelps have held detailed talks with three bidders interested in taking control of the stricken club - including one group with "a Rangers connection".
    Previous bidder, Singapore businessman, Bill Ng has reportedly resurrected his interest, while reports on Thursday morning also claim former Ibrox bosses Walter Smith and Graeme Souness have links to other consortiums.
    Administrators are hoping to complete a sale by the end of the season despite American tycoon Bill Miller withdrawing his offer earlier this week, just days after being named preferred bidder.

Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy - whose joint bid with the Blue Knights lost out to Miller's offer - also remains involved in the bidding process.
    Joint administrator David Whitehouse was quoted in several newspapers saying: "We've had some quite detailed discussions with three of the four bidders.
    "They are very real bidders and although two of them are very late to the table they are actually very advanced in their thought process, well engaged with advisors and well funded.
    "They would be - I believe - popular with fans. Both bids.
    "They are known names in both football and also within the Scottish community.
    "There is certainly a more natural empathy with the club than Bill Miller had.

"There is a Rangers connection there. They want anonymity, but that will break in the next 24 to 48 hours.
    "These bidders are in a position where they are well known and if they put their heads above the parapet there will be a crescendo of interest and support and they don't want that yet.
    "They will only do so if they are in a position of likely success.
    "Brian Kennedy is what I would describe as the fourth bid."

Whitehouse also claims owner Craig Whyte has agreed to transfer his 85% shareholding for a pound.
    He added: "To our knowledge, there are written agreements in place with two of the bidders to transfer his shares.
    "People say he is selling his shares, but he is doing that for a nominal consideration of a pound. Craig Whyte is not going to benefit from this process."

Uploads

Kenny Shiels: There's nuts and bolts in every contract

SHIELS KEEN TO EXTEND KILLIE DEAL

Kenny Shiels expects to meet with club officials to discuss his future as Kilmarnock manager next week, and said: "My intention is to stay."
    Since Killie triumphed in the Scottish Communities League Cup in March, both Shiels and chairman Michael Johnston have both intimated their desire for the manager to remain in post, with his deal set to expire after Saturday's final match of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League season.

Shiels anticipates talks will take place after the trip to relegated Dunfermline, where Killie will be targeting victory to seal seventh place in the table.
    Shiels, who has previously expressed his desire for a long-term deal at Rugby Park, told STV: "Nothing has happened yet. We hope to meet and hold talks by the start of next week. My intention is to stay at Kilmarnock.
    "There are nuts and bolts in every contract. It's not just about what Kilmarnock can offer me. It's also about what I can offer them."
    Shiels played down the prospect of moving elsewhere.

He added: "There have been clubs in touch. But clubs get in touch with clubs about managers all the time."
    Meanwhile, Shiels expressed satisfaction after Garry Hay agreed a new one-year contract.
    The 34-year-old left-back has spent his entire career at Rugby Park, making almost 400 appearances, and follows Manuel Pascali in agreeing fresh terms.

"It has all been agreed with Garry," Shiels added. "It is great news for the club. Garry is a big part of the Kilmarnock family and is a key player in our team.
    "We need to get the right blend between youth and experience. Sometimes we take players like Garry for granted, assuming he will sign a new deal. So we are delighted he has."

Uploads

Dean Saunders: Looking to rebuild

SAUNDERS EYES UP 'INTERESTING' REEVES

Doncaster manager Dean Saunders has expressed an interest in signing Altrincham striker Damian Reeves.
    The 26-year-old has scored 63 times in 79 starts for the Blues Square Bet North outfit and finished this season with 44 goals to his name.
    Saunders is also keen on bringing Lorient loanee Fabien Robert back to the Keepmoat Stadium as Rovers look to bounce straight back following their relegation to npower League One, although he admits he could be constrained by the club's sparse finances.

"I've watched Reeves, who is an interesting player, and I'd like to get Fabien and a few of the others back if possible," he told Doncaster's official website.
    The former Wrexham boss went on to distance himself from newspaper reports linking him with moves for Reading midfielder Brian Howard, Leeds forward Ramon Nunez and Tranmere defender David Buchanan.
    Saunders added: "There is no truth in any of those reports, but it's that time of year I suppose."

Uploads

Venkatesh Rao (right): 'Allegations are not correct'

VENKY'S RUBBISH BLACKBURN SALE TALK

Blackburn's co-owner has insisted the club is not for sale despite their relegation from the Premier League.
    Venkatesh Rao says Indian poultry giants Venky's are with Blackburn for the long-term.
    He also insisted deputy chief executive Paul Hunt has left the club as a cost-cutting measure rather than being sacked over a leaked letter.
    Asked if Venky's wanted to keep Blackburn in the long-term, Rao told the Times of India: "Yes, it is a company of ours and there is nothing whatsoever in [the speculation]. These allegations are not correct."

Hunt's letter to the owners in December, which was leaked earlier this week, asked them to sack manager Steve Kean and spend more money on new signings. It was confirmed on Thursday that Hunt had left the club.
    Rao said: "It is not sacking because of that. Some staff have to go to bring the budget down, it is nothing to do with it [the letter]."
    Rao admitted he expected criticism from fans in the wake of relegation, but that they had a right to do so.
    "We were relegated so naturally they are going to do that," he said. "We have to come out of this situation, that's the most important thing. The fans have the right to do what they want.

"It's bound to happen when someone loses that somebody criticises. We have to come out of this situation. Nobody is to be blamed."
    Venky's have continued to stand by Kean as manager and the Rovers boss has said he does not know what savings he will have to make on the playing staff.
    Kean said: "I don't know to what extent we will have to cut costs. The budget is still be agreed. That will be a process that happens as quickly as possible.
    "I think what we have got to do is assemble a squad and keep the players we can keep. Certainly the young players that are coming through, there is going to be lots of interest because they have done so well.

"We have established players like Paul Robinson and Morten Pedersen that have only played at a high level. I don't know if there will be other interest, but in conversation with them they are just as devastated as everyone else.
    "I have spoken at great length with the owners and that will continue over the next six or seven days. The only objective for the owners and myself is to build a squad, it is as simple as that."

Uploads

Yann M'Vila: Heavily linked with Arsenal

WENGER PLAYS DOWN M'VILA TALK

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has poured cold water on reports France midfielder Yann M'Vila is on the verge of a big-money move to the Emirates.
    Wenger has already secured the 10million signing of Lukas Podolski from Cologne and speculation emerged earlier this week that he was on the brink of completing what would be a club-record 17.7million signing of Rennes star M'Vila, who has long been linked with a move to the Gunners.

But speaking in the lead-up to Sunday's Barclays Premier League showdown with West Brom, Wenger said: "It is not true. There is not any interest at the moment.
    "We have not been in touch with anybody, we have not made any offer to anybody and we are nowhere near to buying anybody at the moment.
    "We are focused on our final game of the season."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast