Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Rangers: Appeal rejected

    SFA PANEL REJECTS RANGERS' APPEAL

    Rangers have lost their appeal against a 12-month transfer embargo and 160,000 fine but administrators Duff and Phelps have suggested they could explore further ways of challenging the sanctions.
    Rangers were punished by an Scottish Football Association judicial panel last month but had hoped to overturn the decision at Wednesday's appellate tribunal hearing.
    But in findings released by the SFA, the club were told they had no grounds for reversing the decision.
    Duff and Phelps hit back within the hour to register their disappointment at the ruling.


    Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "The decision by the appellate tribunal to uphold the sanction, namely the suspension of registration of players for one year, is not competent in the view of the club and its legal advisers.
    "Such a sanction was not available to the tribunal and should not have been imposed and it is the intention of the club to challenge the determination.
    "The club will consider seeking review of this most disappointing decision and it is a matter of regret that the certainty and finality Rangers sought on this matter has not been achieved. Everyone at Rangers is bitterly disappointed and dismayed at this outcome."
    Charles Green, the former Sheffield United chief executive at the head of the consortium that has agreed to purchase the club, was frustrated by the developments but backed any future appeal.
    "Our group went into the purchase of the club with this sanction in place but we hoped the decision would at least be commuted,'' he said.
    "We fully support the club as it considers an appeal against this latest decision.''


    The hearing, which was chaired by Lord Carloway and also included Spartans chairman Craig Graham and former Partick Thistle chairman Allan Cowan, heard the Ibrox club's representations through Richard Keen QC.
    The tribunal's full report will be published at a later date but it released several key points by way of summary.
    They included the following observations: "It was competent for the disciplinary tribunal to impose the additional sanction of prohibiting registrations of any new players of 18 years or older for a period of 12 months.
    "The disciplinary tribunal was correct to determine that the conduct involved - especially the deliberate non-payment of very large sums, estimated in excess of 13million of tax in the form of PAYE, NIC and VAT - was attributable to the club as a member of the Scottish FA.
    "Although the appellate tribunal has listened carefully to the representations from Rangers FC about the practical effects of the additional sanction, it has concluded that this sanction was proportionate to the breach, dissuasive to others and effective in the context of serious misconduct, bringing the game into disrepute.''


    Rangers fear the inability to sign and register senior players for a full year would be debilitating to their on-field prospects, but the panel concluded that they had sufficient resources already at their disposal to remain viable.
    "The appellate tribunal recognises that the disciplinary tribunal decision does not affect Rangers' ability to extend the contracts of existing professional players, including those whose contracts will expire at the end of this season and including also those currently on loan to other clubs,'' the statement continued.
    "The appellate tribunal observes that Rangers FC have over 40 professional players in this category.''
    When the punishment was initially handed down, Rangers were found guilty of five charges in relation to their financial affairs and appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.


    Rangers received the ban and the bulk of their fine mainly because of a disrepute charge born of their non-payment of more than 13million in taxes since Whyte took over Sir David Murray's shareholding in May last year.
    Whyte, who made no representation at the three-day hearing, was given a lifetime ban from Scottish football and fined 200,000 but has told the SFA the punishment will have no impact on his life.
    The SFA also published the judicial panel's rationale for their punishment in a lengthy document last Friday.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Tom Starke: Will join Bayern Munich

    STARKE CLAIMS BAYERN DEAL

    Tom Starke will serve as understudy to Manuel Neuer at Bayern Munich next season after confirming he is to join the Champions League finalists from Hoffenheim.
    The 31-year-old goalkeeper, who was expected to lose his number-one berth at Hoffenheim to the incoming Tim Wiese, told Sport Bild magazine that he will sign a three-year contract with the Bavarians as soon as he passes a medical.
    "I am delighted that my future is resolved," Starke said. "And I am also looking forward to the challenge in Munich."
    Starke was a fans' favourite and vice-captain at Hoffenheim, but the arrival of Germany international Wiese from Werder Bremen for the start of next season indicated that he would no longer be their first choice.


    Starke's contract ends this summer so he will leave Hoffenheim on a free transfer.
    Bayern's current number two goalkeeper, Hans-Jorg Butt, will retire after Saturday's Champions League final against Chelsea.
    Starke added: "Of course now I am a really big Bayern fan so I am keeping my fingers crossed even more for them for the Chelsea game."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Stevan Jovetic: Linked with the Premier League

    FIORENTINA DETERMINED TO KEEP JOVETIC

    Fiorentina have no intention of selling Stevan Jovetic this summer despite reports in Italy linking the Montenegrin striker with a move to Chelsea.
    The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to the Premier League in recent years.
    Chelsea were reportedly keen to sign him in January, but no agreement was reached with the Serie A club.
    "We want to build our future around Jovetic," Fiorentina club administrator Sandro Mencucci told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He has a contract until June 2016.


    "Being a great player, it's normal that several clubs are monitoring him."
    Jovetic, who joined Fiorentina from Partizan in 2008, scored 14 league goals in 27 league appearances for the Tuscan outfit this season.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Nicky Shorey: One of the players released

    BAGGIES RELEASE FOUR PLAYERS

    West Brom have released four players and taken up contract options on five as they look to reshape their squad for next season.
    Left-backs Nicky Shorey and Joe Mattock have been released by the Baggies along with midfielder Somen Tchoyi and Lateef Elford-Alliyu.
    Meanwhile, the club has exercised the one-year options they had on striker Marc-Antoine Fortune, midfielders Jerome Thomas and Simon Cox and Luke Daniels and Romaine Sawyers.
    West Brom Sporting and Technical director Dan Ashworth revealed Shorey and Mattock have been let go due to their limited opportunities at the club.
    He told the club's official website: "Liam Ridgewell has come in and very much made the left-back position his own.
    "We felt Nicky and Joe's opportunities would therefore be limited.
    "Joe is still at the beginning of his career and Nicky is an experienced player, with both requiring regular first-team football that we can't guarantee them at this stage."
    Ashworth also confirmed that the arrival of Shane Long at the club prevented Tchoyi from becoming a regular fixture in the side.
    "(Somen) made a key contribution to us finishing 11th last season but due to the signing of Shane Long and the return to form of Marc-Antoine Fortune, his opportunities to play have become fewer and fewer so we decided it was best to part company," he said.


    Keith Andrews, Paul Scharner and goalkeeper Marton Fulop will all become free agents on June 30, but West Brom have not ruled out making new contract offers to the two outfield players.
    "Neither Paul nor Keith had an option to trigger," Ashworth said.
    "While we're in a position where we do not have a permanent head coach, we are holding open the possibility of negotiations to enable both players to come back to the Hawthorns."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Garath McCleary: Joins the Royals on a free

    ROYALS SWOOP FOR McCLEARY

    Reading have made their first signing of the summer as they prepare for life in the Premier League by bringing in Nottingham Forest winger Garath McCleary on a free transfer.
    The 25-year-old was Forest's player of the year this season but his contract has expired and he has signed a three-year deal at the Madejski Stadium.
    Royals manager Brian McDermott told the club's website: "It's important we have brought a player of Garath's quality through the door.
    "It's an early signing for us, and a great one. We are absolutely delighted to get him.


    "He's young, he's got an eye for goal, he's very quick and has got a real energy about him.
    "He wants to work hard and improve and, in all the players we have got here, that is a key attribute.
    "And he's a nice lad, so he'll fit in well with what we're trying to do at this club."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Sean O'Driscoll: New Crawley boss

    O'DRISCOLL NAMED CRAWLEY BOSS

    Sean O'Driscoll has been appointed as the new manager of Crawley.
    The 54-year-old ex-Doncaster boss had been working as first-team coach at Nottingham Forest since January but has agreed to take over at Broadfield Stadium with immediate effect.
    In a statement released by the club, O'Driscoll said: "I did a lot of due diligence on Crawley Town before I decided to accept the club's offer.
    "I have been impressed with the owners and people behind the scenes and I am looking forward to helping the club establish itself in League One."
    Craig Brewster assumed control of the side on an interim basis following Steve Evans' move to Rotherham, but remains on the coaching staff, while Steve Coppell continues in his role of Director of Football.


    O'Driscoll added: "Crawley is a good fit for me. They are a club trying to do things the right way.
    "I came to the club and the area three times before I decided to take the job and spoke to a lot of people.
    "I got a very good feel for what has been achieved in the last two years and the potential there is to develop Crawley Town still further.
    "This is a challenge I am really looking forward to. My football philosophy is to improve players and the way they think about the game. It is going to be a busy summer."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Michael Owen: Has no plans to retire

    MICHAEL OWEN RULES OUT RETIREMENT

    Michael Owen insists he has no intention of retiring following his release by Manchester United.
    The 32-year-old is leaving Old Trafford this summer after being informed he would not be getting a new deal when his current one expires.
    Former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Owen has rejected suggestions he could retire and is determined to find himself a new club to continue his career.
    "I am only 32. I might look a bit older than that but obviously looking at the likes of Scholesy and Giggsy it doesn't half fill you with a lot of motivation and confidence that they are playing into their mid-to-late thirties and I still feel as if I am reasonably young," Owen told Sky Sports News.


    "When I wake up my body feels good even though I have had a few injuries. I don't wake up with sore joints or anything like that.
    "At 32 I definitely owe it to myself to still have two or three years and hopefully play a bit more for somebody else."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Dalglish: Sacked by Liverpool

    SACKED KENNY DALGLISH BACKS OWNERS

    Sacked Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has given his backing to owners Fenway Sports Group.
    The iconic Anfield figure had his contract terminated on Wednesday following a season which saw the club lift the Carling Cup and reach the FA Cup final, but endure their worst league points return since 1953/54.
    Dalglish felt he still had plenty of work to do and despite many fans' unhappiness at the removal of the club's iconic figure, the 61-year-old urged supporters to get behind principal owner John Henry and chairman Tom Werner.
    "I would hope nobody would prejudge things now," he told the Liverpool Echo.
    "The owners have their own reasons for doing what they have done.


    "They came in to help the club at a time when it wasn't in a great condition.
    "They have improved it, taken it forward and are doing the best they can.
    "Liverpool is still a great football club, still a club that should believe in whoever is going to come in after myself.
    "The supporters, not just for myself but for everyone else, have always been fantastically supportive of the team and that should not change."
    Dalglish was criticised for many of his signings - Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Andy Carroll in particular - but having stabilised the club in the wake of Roy Hodgson's departure he believes he leaves his successor a great foundation on which to build.
    "You cannot underestimate the pressure that is on a boy who comes to play for Liverpool," he added.
    "But in the first year, what they have done has been a credit.


    "There is now a great foundation to build on and to move forward with.
    "Taking aside the decision made about myself, for four players to be in Roy Hodgson's England squad for Euro 2012 and for Jordan Henderson to be on standby as well is a great credit to the players.
    "It's fantastic for the club and those players - and I hope they go on and represent everybody well."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Lerner: Arrived back in England

    LERNER ARRIVES TO STEP UP SEARCH

    Aston Villa have started their search for a new manager in earnest following the arrival of owner Randy Lerner on Wednesday.
    The American was forced to sack Alex McLeish on Monday following a dismal one season in charge in which Villa came within two points of relegation from the Barclays Premier League.
    Villa's 16th-placed finish was their worst in six seasons as they also returned their lowest points total for 42 years, just 38.
    Lerner spelt out that under McLeish Villa lacked "compelling play and results", with his desire now to appoint a man "who sees the club's potential and embraces our collective expectations".


    Lerner flew in from the United States on Wednesday to oversee the process of appointing a third manager in under two years, along with chief executive Paul Faulkner.
    However, their plans are likely to have been thrown off kilter by Liverpool's sacking of Kenny Dalglish on Wednesday.
    Candidates on Villa's radar, such as Wigan's Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers at Swansea and Norwich's Paul Lambert, are almost certain to figure highly on Liverpool's list of prospective candidates.
    Martinez spurned Villa's advances a year ago and, after his astonishing end to the season in keeping the Latics up, has been installed as one of the favourites for the vacancy at Anfield.
    One man apparently not in Villa's thoughts is Mick McCarthy, dismissed by Wolves in mid-February after nearly six years in charge.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-05-2012

    Luis Suarez: Eyes future move to Spain

    SUAREZ DREAMS OF FUTURE SPAIN MOVE

    Liverpool striker Luis Suarez admits he is dreaming of a switch to Spain later in his career.
    The 25-year-old, who joined the Reds in a 23million deal from Dutch side Ajax in January 2011, says he would like to test himself in La Liga at some point of his career.


    Uruguay international Suarez believes it is one of the top three domestic leagues, alongside the Premier League and Serie A, in world football.
    "I hope to play in Spain in the future, because together with the English and Italian leagues, they are the best in the world," he told readers of Spanish website marca.com in a Twitter webchat.


    "Any player would dream of playing there."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-02-2012, 01:13:04
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 21-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 20:35:07
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 20-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 00:47:04
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 18-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 17:49:51
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 31-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:00:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •