Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 19-05-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 19-05-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 19-05-2012

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Linked with Man City

AC MILAN QUASH IBRAHIMOVIC TALK

AC Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani insists there has been no approach from Manchester City for striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
    The Swedish International was said to be frustrated with a trophyless season at Milan and could be of interest to the Premier League winners should Carlos Tevez or Mario Balotelli exit the club this summer.

City were reported to make their move to sign 25million-rated Ibrahimovic by offering him an incredible 300,000-a-week deal which would see him become the Premier League's highest paid player.
    Gillianai has spoken out quickly to rubbish such rumours and insists Ibrahimovic is focused on winning silverware with the Italian club.

"It is not true that Manchester City asked for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He will win the Champions League with the Milan shirt," Gillianai said.
    "We are happy to already be among the 32 in the group stage for next season and hope to soon be back playing a Final rather than being guests."
    Galliani will be in the stands to watch the Champions League final clash between Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 19-05-2012

Mario Balotelli: Wants to stay at Man City

BALOTELLI MAKES MAN CITY PLEDGE

Mario Balotelli has quashed talk of a move back to Italy by pledging his future to Manchester City.
    The volatile attacker has been linked with a move back to Serie A following a number of high-profile incidents on and off the pitch.
    The 21-year-old admits he loves his homeland but this will not tempt him away from the Etihad Stadium.
    "I love Italy but I will stay at City," said the former Inter Milan striker.

"The Premier League is the highest level for a player, and is a league I enjoy."
    Balotelli came off the bench in City's dramatic last-day win over QPR to set up Sergio Aguero's last-gasp winner to clinch the Premier League title.
    The Italian has impressed on the pitch but often struggles to keep cool when things turn against him and he admits he must be more consistent.
    "In general, from a personal perspective, I can do better. I can and should do better," Balotelli said.
    Italy manager Cesare Prandelli has included Balotelli in his Euro 2012 squad and the striker has promised to stamp out the off-field antics and let his football do the talking.
    "It is a dream come true. The European Championship, together with the World Cup, are the most important competitions, and I promise that in Poland and Ukraine I will behave," he said.
    "I cannot wait for it to start. I will give my best for the team and try to give satisfaction to the Italian people. We will be the revelation of the tournament."

Uploads

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Molde manager

SOLSKJAER WAITS FOR NEXT DEVELOPMENT

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is prepared to listen to an offer from Aston Villa if they make contact with him again, but is happy to "stand by" the remaining two years of his contract with Molde.
    Solskjaer, his wife Silje and agent Jim Solbakken were flown by private jet from their home town of Kristiansund to Birmingham for a four-hour meeting with Villa representatives on Friday.
    They returned to Norway on Friday night to learn that Molde's billionaire backer Kjell Inge Rokke had pulled the plug on his company's 20-year support as a result of the meeting with Villa.

Solskjaer defended his handling of the affair, and said: "It's up to Aston Villa whether there's anything more.
    "I've only spoken with them and expect them to speak to more people.
    "They're looking for a new manager. If they make contact, I'll make a decision then."
    He jokingly added: "But I won't wait for a private jet."
    Solskjaer indicated he would be happy to remain with Molde, and said in comments reported by the Norwegian media: "I have not had any offers. I'm not looking for another job.
    "In football, and in life in general, things turn up that you have to make decisions about. I have a contract for two more years and I'll stand by that."

Solskjaer suggested after his meeting with Villa that the talks had been nothing more than an "initial, informal chat", but the trip appeared to upset Rokke, who is the chairman and a major shareholder in industrial investment firm Aker.
    A statement to newspaper Romsdals Budstikke on behalf of Rokke's business on Friday night questioned Solskjaer's decision to speak to Villa after the coach missed a training session with Molde in order to fly to England.
    Although Solskjaer insisted he had done nothing wrong in talking to Villa, he admitted the situation could have been handled better.
    "I would have spoken with them (Villa) regardless, despite seeing the consequences of it," he said. "I have to protect myself, my ambitions and my family.
    "I've said for a long time I have ambitions of being a Premier League manager but I hadn't expected to receive enquiries so soon. I've only been home for 18 months.

"But I'm not looking for another job. My children are happy here, my wife is happy, I'm happy and I've had some success."
    He added: "(Wigan manager) Roberto Martinez has been given permission to speak to Liverpool, who are a fantastic big club, and you know he has ambitions - not a problem.
    "The communication could have been better and clearer, we see that with hindsight. But now we are where we are, it's obvious we have to work together.
    "The players are used to speculation about me. What is new is we have lost the backing from Aker ASA, which I understand has been discussed at length.
    "Whether it's coincidence or not, it's happened now, we'll get answers. I received a text from Rokke today and we'll discuss it with each other soon."

Solskjaer, who led Molde to the league title last season for the first time in their 100-year history and at the end of his debut campaign in charge, will now prepare for his side's game at Sandnes.
    "I don't feel that I have lost anyone's confidence," he said.
    "I had a good chat with Molde this morning where we agreed we should look forward. We have some challenges we need to tackle.
    "I will also speak to Kjell Inge as I must apologise for the way this came out."

Molde chairman Oystein Neerland said Solskjaer has the full backing of the club despite the loss of their sponsorship deal with Aker.
    "Molde FK have a contract with Ole Gunnar and Ole Gunnar has a contract with Molde FK. We see no reason to change that," Neerland said.
    Villa are looking for a successor to Alex McLeish, who was sacked on Monday after a poor season.
    Wigan manager Martinez and Norwich boss Paul Lambert have also been linked with the vacancy.

Uploads

Roberto Martinez: Linked with Liverpool job

McMANAMAN: REDS MUST BE REALISTIC

Steve McManaman has told Liverpool the days of them being able to hand-pick their next manager are "long gone".
    Former Anfield hero McManaman suggested anyone who thought the likes of Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho would be interested in replacing the sacked Kenny Dalglish was not "living in the real world".
    Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, have been criticised for a recruitment process that has already seen them snubbed by Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers, amid reports they would attempt to interview up to 12 candidates.

The Reds have been given permission to speak to Wigan's Roberto Martinez, while it has been suggested they also want to meet former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas and are even considering reappointing Rafael Benitez, both of whom are currently out of work.
    An attempt to canvass fan opinion on the subject backfired when Liverpool were prompted to delete a Twitter message on their official account asking who should replace Dalglish.
    Some supporters believe Liverpool's status as one of the most successful clubs in European football history should allow them to go out and get almost anyone they want.
    But McManaman, who spent more than a decade at Anfield, said: "That's not the case any more.
    "You can't identify Pep Guardiola and go and get him, you can't identify Jose Mourinho and go and get him.
    "Those days of that type of appointment have long gone.

"It's unrealistic, isn't it?
    "Of course, we'd like Pep or we'd like Jose Mourinho - but we're living in the real world.
    "I don't know who's available, who's willing to come.
    "The finance is a big thing, whether you're going to have to extricate someone from a contract.
    "It's not like it was 20 years ago."
    McManaman refused to criticise FSG's approach to finding a new manager and defended their attempts to interview Rodgers and Martinez, among others.
    "I know they're speaking to a number of managers, aren't they, and trying to bring in the right appointment," he said.
    "I presume that's all you can do.

"They also spoken to a lot of high-calibre managers. It's just that we don't know about them.
    "People are picking on Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers.
    "They're both wonderful managers and Roberto Martinez is a superstar - he's a friend of mine."
    Dalglish lost his job on Wednesday following Liverpool's worst Barclays Premier League finish - eighth place - for 18 years and their lowest points tally - 52 - since 1954.
    They did win the Carling Cup and finish runners-up in the FA Cup but FSG expected the funds Dalglish was given to spend to guarantee a more sustained push for a Champions League place.

McManaman warned that whoever succeeded the Scot would need an even bigger transfer kitty to haul Liverpool back into contention for a top-four finish next season.
    "I don't know how much financial muscle they've got," he said.
    "If they go and spend 500million, it is realistic. If they go and spend 10, it's unrealistic."
    McManaman was brought to Liverpool by Dalglish during the latter's first spell in charge and revealed he was with some of the current players when news of Wednesday's sacking emerged.
    "I haven't heard from Kenny," he said.
    "But I was with a lot of the other players the other day and it was a shock."

Uploads

Craig Gordon: Moving on

CRAIG GORDON LEAVES SUNDERLAND

Goalkeeper Craig Gordon is among nine players to be released by Sunderland.
    The Black Cats broke the British record for the highest fee for a goalkeeper when then-manager Roy Keane paid Hearts 9million for the Scotland international in 2007.
    However, he made just 95 appearances in five years and joins fellow stoppers Trevor Carson and Lewis King, defenders Liam Bagnall and Jordan Lavender, midfielders James Brace and Brett Elliott as well as strikers Jordan Cook and Oumare Tounkara out of the exit door.

A succession of injuries and inconsistent form contributed to Gordon failing to fulfil his potential at the Stadium of Light.
    He broke his arm twice, and suffered niggling injuries on a constant basis, while a knee tendon and anterior cruciate ligament injury picked up in April last year meant he was ruled out for eight months.
    Belgian Simon Mignolet has established himself as the first-choice goalkeeper in Gordon's absence with Keiren Westwood, signed last summer as a result of Gordon's injury woes, understudy.

Gordon made just one appearance all season - against Bolton last month - and boss Martin O'Neill has decided the Scot, who has represented his country on 40 occasions, no longer figures in his plans.

Uploads

Holt: Requested a transfer

NORWICH STAND FIRM OVER HOLT

Norwich chief executive David McNally insists his club are on a firm footing despite Grant Holt's request to leave Carrow Road.
    The 31-year-old talisman's transfer request was rejected by the Canaries on Friday following a superb first season in the Premier League, following speculation linking Norwich manager Paul Lambert with vacant positions elsewhere.

However, chief executive McNally took to Twitter on Saturday in a bid to calm supporters about the club's future.
    "We did receive a transfer request from Grant Holt yesterday. It was rejected immediately," McNally said.
    "At our club, we deal with the out-of-contract players first of all when each season ends.
    "We then deal with players where the club may have an option to extend their contracts. This season, there are several in this category.
    "We are almost at the end of this part of our end-of-season process but we still have some work to do.

"We will then gladly meet with other players and their representatives, including those that may have time left on their contracts.
    "We haven't had any discussions yet with any player/agent who has time left on their contract. This is entirely normal at this stage.
    "Players with time left on their contracts will only leave NCFC if we are happy for them to do so.
    "There has been no offer made to any in-contract player, at this stage. We have not had an argument or row with any player, including Grant. The club is very grateful to all of the players for another great year.
    "We are very relaxed with managing the end-of-season activities."

Uploads

Hulk: Unwilling to dampen speculation

HULK COY ON FUTURE

Brazilian forward Hulk claims he will stay in Europe next season but has refused to confirm it will be at current club Porto.
    The 25-year-old joined the Portuguese champions from Tokyo Verdy in 2008 and has since helped the club to three league titles and a UEFA Europa League win.

But the Brazil international is now the subject of speculation linking him with a move to one of the continent's biggest clubs and appears unwilling to put an end to the rumours.
    "I do not talk about transfers, I leave that to my agent," he told Globo Esporte.

"The only thing I will say is that I will remain in Europe next season.
    "Porto is a big club and my family is totally settled in the city. For me it is incredible to play for a club like Porto.
    "During my time in Japan, I received other offers from Europe such as Atletico Madrid but my choice was Porto and I am content after three years."

Uploads

Radhi Jaidi: Among those moving on

JAIDI, CONNOLLY LEAVE SOUTHAMPTON

Radhi Jaidi, David Connolly and Bartosz Bialkowski are among seven senior players released by Southampton.
    Saints have announced a lengthy list of players that will not be retained for their return to the Premier League after a seven-year absence.
    Former Bolton and Birmingham defender Jaidi has announced his retirement from professional football, although Press Association Sport understands he will stay on at Southampton in a role to be revealed on Monday.

Connolly and Bialkowski have been released and are free to look for new clubs, as are Lee Holmes, Ryan Doble, Harlee Dean and Aarran Racine.
    Matt Young, Joe Curtis, Bevis Mugabi and Chris Johns have all accepted professional contracts at the end of their scholarships.