Come Dine With Me takes the (dinner) party to Brazil

Gabriel Miramar-Garcia ©RapidTVNews | 22-05-2012

Brazil's Globo TV has signed a deal with ITV Studios Global Entertainment to bring the Come Dine with Me amateur chef competition TV format to Brazil.
The premise centers on the art of the dinner party: amateur chefs and home cooks compete against each other to be named the "ultimate dinner party host" by their guests, and receive a cash prize.
Brazil will be the 35th international territory to produce its own version of the show, but the first country in Latin America. Globo is planning a 30-episode series.
"Come Dine With Me has rolled out across boundaries and cultures and every time it has proven to be a hit with viewers," said Tobias de Graaff, director of global television distribution at ITVSGE. "Our deal with Globo marks the first foray of Europe’s most-watched format into Latin America and we count on it finding a large and loyal audience."
Originally done by Channel 4 in the U.K., the show has gone on to be a ratings bonanza in countries across the world, including Ireland, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.