Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Pep Guardiola: Outgoing Barcelona coach

    PEP GUARDIOLA KEEPS DOOR OPEN

    Pep Guardiola has not completely closed the door on managing a club next season, but the outgoing Barcelona coach reiterated his need to take a break.
    The former Spain international announced last month that he would be taking a 12-month sabbatical from football following four trophy-laden years in charge at Camp Nou.
    He is preparing for his final game on Friday night when he hopes to bow out with another trophy as Barcelona take on Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey final.
    Since confirming his intention to step down as Barca coach, Guardiola has been linked with several other positions, including the hot-seat at newly-crowned European champions Chelsea and the Liverpool vacancy.
    Guardiola's intention for a lengthy break appeared to end any prospect of the Blues luring him to Stamford Bridge, but the 41-year-old suggested he could be 'seduced' by any interested clubs.


    "I will be pleased to receive their calls, of course, but for the next months I have to charge my batteries, charge my mind," said Guardiola at a press conference.
    "I'm going to rest and then I will wait and, when I will be ready, if one club wants me, if they seduce me, I will train again."
    Meanwhile, Guardiola backed his successor Tito Villanova to handle the job and does not expect to replace his assistant in six months' time.
    He added: "Tito will do well. I won't have to go back in six months or anything.
    "In November I had dinner with [sporting director Andoni] Zubizarreta and was asked if I thought Tito was someone who could lead the team.
    "I told him that I believe he would offer everything I would want from a coach of Barcelona. Tito has helped me to be the coach that I am now over the past five years."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Dimitar Berbatov: Would be tempted by PSG

    PSG MOVE INTERESTS BERBATOV - AGENT

    Dimitar Berbatov's agent has confirmed the Manchester United striker would be interested in a summer move to Paris St Germain.
    The Bulgarian is looking to quit Old Trafford before the start of next season after playing only a peripheral role at United during the past campaign.
    The 31-year-old started only five games in the Premier League and Sir Alex Ferguson has suggested he is prepared to let Berbatov go for the right price.
    He has been linked with a return to the Bundesliga following reports United want to include the former Bayer Leverkusen forward as a makeweight in a deal for Borussia Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski.
    However, PSG have held a long-standing interest in Berbatov and were linked with a move to sign him 12 months ago.
    With Carlo Ancelotti having steered PSG into next season's UEFA Champions League, Berbatov's agent Emil Danchev admits a move to the French capital is an option.


    Danchev told French radio station RMC: "In the press, there are many speculations regarding Dimitar.
    "But the truth is, that PSG's project can really interest him because he wants to play the Champions League next year.
    "Plus, there has never been a Bulgarian player at PSG, so it could be good."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Martinez: Has met with Liverpool executives

    WHELAN: MARTINEZ MIGHT SNUB REDS

    Wigan chairman Dave Whelan insists there is no sure-fire guarantee Roberto Martinez would take the Liverpool manager's job should it be offered to him.
    The Latics chief revealed on Thursday the Spaniard had taken a break from a family holiday in the Caribbean to meet top executives from Fenway Sports Group in Miami.
    Martinez has always been one of the front-runners to succeed Kenny Dalglish, partly because of his chairman's habit of speaking so openly about developments.


    There are still other candidates to consider as FSG were hopeful of drawing up a shortlist of up to five people to interview next week.
    But even if Martinez is offered the job Whelan believes the new structure being implemented at Anfield, with a yet-to-be-appointed technical director overseeing general football matters, would not be appealing to the 38-year-old.
    "A little bit will have to do with the attitude of the owners because I don't think they fully understand the game of football in England," he told Sky Sports.
    "Roberto likes total control, from the youngsters at 16 to the first team.
    "If he doesn't get that I don't think he will take the job."
    Whelan added on ESPN: "My information is that the new Liverpool manager will not be given full responsibility of the football department.
    "The set-up on the football side goes well beyond the norm even with a director of football.
    "There will be somebody else signing players and they might not necessarily be the choice of the manager.
    "My advice to Roberto is to think very carefully about this, but Liverpool are a big club and I hope that they remain one of the big clubs.
    "I've asked Roberto to make his mind up as soon as possible. If we have to lose him I will move very quickly to appoint a successor as I have ideas.


    "Hopefully he will stay with us but we will wait and see.
    "He has not said anything to me yet about what he plans to do but I have told him what I think about it, of course I have.
    "I have told him it doesn't feel right what is happening at Liverpool, but its for him to make his own mind up.
    "If it's yes to Liverpool I will accept it and get on with life. But if it's no I'll be delighted.
    "I hope he will stay but I told him I need an answer in the next seven days."


    Whelan expects to be fully compensated should Martinez turn out to be Liverpool's choice.
    "He signed an extension to his contract so Liverpool would have to buy out his contract," he added.
    "You are into 2million to 3million minimum. Whatever the contract is worth I am sure Liverpool would honour that and buy it out."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    George Francomb: Signs a new deal

    FRANCOMB GETS NEW NORWICH DEAL

    Norwich defender George Francomb has signed a new one-year deal with the Canaries.
    The 20-year-old right-back spent six months on loan at Hibernian in the recently-completed season and is now targeting a more prominent role at Carrow Road.
    He told Canaries Player: "I'm over the moon. I've had half a season up at Hibs and now I'm back I can't wait to get on with pre-season.


    "It was brilliant for me to play up at Hibs - it was a completely different environment, but the season before I did it with Barnet, so it wasn't too different to that, just on a bigger scale."
    Francomb's new deal includes an option for a further year.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Jan Vertonghen: Still keen to join Tottenham

    VERTONGHEN HAS SPURS DOUBTS

    Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen has reiterated that Tottenham are his first choice after meeting Daniel Levy, but conceded Arsenal are still an option.
    Spurs chairman Levy was pictured at the Amsterdam ArenA earlier this week and Vertonghen has confirmed he has spoken with all the club's 'key' people.
    However, after Spurs missed out on qualification for next season's UEFA Champions League, the Belgium international is concerned the club will be unable to agree a fee, with Ajax demanding €15million (12.5m).
    The 25-year-old has just one more year to run on his current contract with Ajax and will not cause any ructions with the Dutch champions if a deal cannot be reached.


    Vertonghen, though, also concedes that joining Spurs' arch-rivals Arsenal is a possibility after talks over a move to White Hart Lane failed to progress.
    "I've said repeatedly that Tottenham are my first choice, but the talks haven't progressed," the centre-back is quoted in the Daily Star.
    "They have shown me around, I have met all their key people and their chairman came to meet me on Monday.
    "But Arsenal want me too. They remain a possibility if my Spurs move falls through, as Ajax are asking €15m for me. That is a lot of money for someone with just a year left on his contract.


    "I'm sure Spurs won't be able to pay that much after they missed out on the Champions League.
    "Ajax want to get as much as they can for me, while Spurs want to pay as little as possible.
    "I hope a deal can be done. But I won't fight with Ajax, that is the last thing I'd want after so many good years with them.
    "England is my preferred destination. But if needed I will see out my contract and leave on a free transfer next year."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Marco Borriello: Set for permanent contract

    MARCO BORIELLO FORCED TO WAIT

    Juventus have not decided if they will offer Marco Borriello a permanent contract this summer.
    The Italian forward joined the Turin giants on a six-month loan deal from Roma in January and scored two goals in 13 league appearances for the Bianconeri this season.
    Juve have until next month to exercise an option to buy the 29-year-old's full rights for 8million euros.


    "We brought Borriello in January because we needed to reinforce the team in that department," Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta said to Gazzetta dello Sport."Now we have an option to buy him and we are evaluating it.
    "We will see what happens."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    George Francomb: Signs a new deal

    FRANCOMB GETS NEW NORWICH DEAL

    Norwich defender George Francomb has signed a new one-year deal with the Canaries.
    The 20-year-old right-back spent six months on loan at Hibernian in the recently-completed season and is now targeting a more prominent role at Carrow Road.
    He told Canaries Player: "I'm over the moon. I've had half a season up at Hibs and now I'm back I can't wait to get on with pre-season.


    "It was brilliant for me to play up at Hibs - it was a completely different environment, but the season before I did it with Barnet, so it wasn't too different to that, just on a bigger scale."
    Francomb's new deal includes an option for a further year.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Gabriel Ferreira: Signs for AC Milan

    MILAN CONFIRM FERREIRA SIGNING

    AC Milan have confirmed they have signed Brazil Under-20 goalkeeper Gabriel Ferreira from Cruzeiro.
    The 19-year-old will become the Rossoneri's third-string goalkeeper behind Christian Abbiati and Marco Amelia.


    "Gabriel will be registered in the Lega Serie A in the next few weeks and will join the team in pre-season training on July 9," a statement from AC Milan read.
    Ferreira, who holds a European passport, started his career in Cruzeiro's youth section before being promoted to the senior side.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-05-2012

    Peter Odemwingie: Considering his future

    ODEMWINGIE HINTS AT BAGGIES EXIT

    Peter Odemwingie has cast doubt over his West Brom future by revealing he wants to play for a club challenging for silverware.
    The 30-year-old has established himself as a key member of the Baggies side since arriving from Lokomotiv Moscow in the summer of 2010.
    His form at The Hawthorns has attracted interest from other clubs with West Brom tying him down to a new long-term deal last summer.
    However, Odemwingie has admitted he would consider a move away from West Brom as he is keen to play for a bigger club.


    "It is time for me to struggle for silverware not just for survival in the Premier League," Odemwingie is quoted as saying in The Sun.
    "I hope I will leave West Brom keeping warm relations with everybody.
    "I would consider any proposals - even from Russia. But my aim is to stay in England."

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 14-05-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 22:19:34
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 18-03-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-03-2012, 17:34:12
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 31-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:00:00
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 10-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 00:30:25
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 02-01-2012.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 00:50:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •