Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 28-05-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 28-05-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 28-05-2012

Dani Alves: Link denied by Heldt

SCHALKE CHIEF DISMISSES ALVES RUMOUR

Schalke director of sport Horst Heldt has dismissed speculation linking the club with an audacious move for Barcelona full-back Dani Alves.
    Reports had suggested the Royal Blues were set to make the Brazil international their first signing of the summer, but Heldt says there is no truth to the rumours.

"I usually don't do this, but this time there is such a completely false representation of our transfer policy in public," Heldt told his club's website.
    "Dani Alves is a world-class footballer, there is no doubt about that.
    "But we have not considered this player, not even theoretically.

"These reports are just total nonsense.
    "We have never made an offer to his club, nor have we had any contact with the player or his agent in any form, and he has not been offered to us either."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 28-05-2012

Sergio Aguero: Happy at Manchester City

AGUERO RUBBISHES REAL RUMOURS

Sergio Aguero has reiterated his commitment to Manchester City and claims there is no substance to ongoing speculation linking him with Real Madrid.
    Reports suggesting Aguero could be lured back to Spain after just one season in English football refuse to go away, despite the Argentina international enjoying a productive debut campaign at the Etihad Stadium.
    City spent big in the summer of 2011 to lure Aguero away from Atletico Madrid and saw their considerable investment rewarded as he netted a dramatic winner on the final day to secure the Premier League title.

The plan now is to build on that success and retain the services of those who can carry the club to bigger and better things.
    Aguero plans on playing a leading role in that quest, with their no desire on his part to head for pastures new.
    "My future is at Manchester City," the 23-year-old striker told The Times.
    "I want to stay here. My contract has four years left to run and I see myself being here at least as long as that.
    "There are always rumours, but there is no truth in them. I am not thinking about moving to Real Madrid or anywhere else.
    "City have treated me very well from the very first day I arrived, I'm settled at the club and my family are happy in Manchester, and I want to stay.
    "I can win everything that I want to win here. We have won one title now and we can go on to win more.
    "Once you have one, you are desperate for the second, the third, the fourth, and it will be the same with us. We won the Premier League title this season. Why shouldn't we believe we can win it in years to come, too?"

Uploads

Chris Hughton: Favourite for Baggies post

BAGGIES TO STEP UP HUGHTON PURSUIT

West Brom are set to step up their bid to make Birmingham boss Chris Hughton their new manager, it is understood.
    The Baggies are poised to ask Blues for permission to speak to Hughton in the next 24 to 48 hours.
    Albion have held talks with former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri and ex-Manchester United and Chelsea midfielder Ray Wilkins as they seek a replacement for new England boss Roy Hodgson.

But it is understood Hughton remains the preferred option of Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace.
    Hughton has remained the overwhelming favourite with bookmakers despite Albion interviewing other candidates.
    Birmingham are unlikely to make life easy for West Brom and have the option of refusing them permission to speak to Hughton, who is operating on a one-year rolling contract.

But their hand is likely to be weakened by the uncertain financial situation at the club.
    Birmingham are currently operating under a transfer embargo after failing to produce their annual accounts. The club's owner, Carson Yeung, is also awaiting trial in Hong Kong on money laundering charges.
    In contrast, Albion run a sound financial ship and Hughton would inherit a squad which finished 10th in the Barclays Premier League last season.
    Hughton came close to taking over at the Hawthorns 15 months ago when a free agent after leaving Newcastle, before being pipped to the role by Hodgson.

Hughton replaced Alex McLeish at St Andrew's last summer and steered Birmingham to the npower Championship play-offs despite the majority of the squad from their last season in the Premier League departing the club.

Uploads

Kompany: Man City can dominate for years to come

KOMPANY COMMITTED TO MAN CITY

Vincent Kompany has insisted he is not interested in leaving Manchester City as he wants to be a part of the club's long-term project.
    Kompany lifted the Premier League title with City this season and his exploits as captain have earned widespread acclaim.
    There have been suggestions that a number of major European clubs are keeping a close eye on the Belgian defender, but he has assured supporters that he is totally committed to City.
    Kompany believes City can build on their Premier League success and must now start to think about challenging for European glory.
    "I'm happy in Manchester. Lots of people want me to talk about moving but what interests me is Manchester City," he said in The People.
    "The project here is not just a sporting one. It will bring a lot to the city and to the people.
    "We can't stop with the title. We want to win the Champions League.

"Is it possible in three to four years? Maybe not, but when I see what's been achieved at the club in the last few years, nothing is impossible."
    Kompany believes the foundations are in place for City to enjoy a golden era and he is excited about what might lie ahead in the next decade or two.
    "We're going to build a new training centre to bring together the junior and senior players," he explained.
    "The project is to take the club back to its former glories but people won't see this for perhaps another 10 years. I'm happy to be part of all that.
    "It's not a three-year project but rather one for 10, 15, 20 years. It's exciting to think I can be part of taking the club where it wants to go."

Uploads

Nicklas Bendtner: Attracting interest

BENDTNER 'TALKING TO OTHER CLUBS'

Nicklas Bendtner claims to have received a number of approaches for his services, but says no decision will be made on his future until after Euro 2012.
    The 24-year-old striker will be on international duty with Denmark this summer as they attempt to replicate their European Championship heroics from 1992.

Helping his country in that quest is Bendtner's priority at present, with domestic concerns put to the back of his mind.
    It is unclear where he will be playing his club football in 2012/13, with there seemingly no future for him at Arsenal.
    The Gunners sent him to Sunderland on a season-long loan last summer and have already bolstered their attacking options by signing of Lukas Podolski.

It is expected that Bendtner will be offloaded once the transfer window re-opens, and he claims to have plenty of options to consider.
    "Yes, I have talked to other clubs," he said. "I have told all the clubs that I want to wait until after Euro 2012.
    "We have got plenty of time to sort out the future."
    German champions Borussia Dortmund are among those believed to be keen on securing Bendtner's signature.

Uploads

Yakubu Aiyegbeni: Does not want to play in the Championship

YAKUBU HINTS AT BLACKBURN EXIT

Yakubu Aiyegbeni has indicated he could leave Blackburn following their relegation from the Premier League.
    Blackburn are bracing themselves for bids for a number of their top stars following their drop into the Championship and top scorer Yakubu is sure to attract interest.
    The former Everton and Portsmouth man, who scored 18 goals this season, is happy at Blackburn, but concedes he does not want to play in the Championship next season.
    "I still have two years left with Blackburn, but I played in the Championship before," said Yakubu.
    "It was good but I don't want to play in there again.

"In football, you never know what is going to be, but Blackburn really has been a part of me.
    "I felt at home there but we'll see what is going to happen. I think it's too early to say whether I'll be moving on. I may be in the Championship. I may be in the Premier League."

Uploads

Lee Chung-yong: Staying quiet on his future

LEE COY OVER BOLTON FUTURE

Lee Chung-yong has not decided on his future at Bolton but reassured the club that it is not a priority at this moment in time.
    The 24 year-old, who was sidelined for most of this season with a broken leg, is seen by Trotters boss Owen Coyle as a key figure in their bid to return to the Premier League next term.
    Newcastle United and Turkey's Trabzonspor have already been linked to the South Korea international but Lee has said he will take his time to think over his future.

"I haven't thought about my future yet," Lee told The Bolton News.
    "The season has just finished and I just want to take some holiday now. I'm not going to hurry to think about my future because we have a few months before next season, but I can say now that I am a Bolton Wanderers player."
    The former FC Seoul star admitted he had not prepared for relegation but Coyle reassured the team that they would make a swift return to the top flight.

"I couldn't imagine that we are going down to the Championship. And I didn't expect that when we started the season," he said.
    "But it has happened. It could be much better if we stayed in the Premier League, but I couldn't do anything because I was injured.
    "I'm fully fit now, but I will keep training for next season.

"On our last day of the season the manager said we have many young, talented players and we can give a good performance in the Championship, so we can come back into the Premier League next season."

Uploads

Scott Brown: Wants Fraser Forster and Gary Hooper to stay

BROWN URGES CELTIC DUO TO STAY

Scott Brown is desperate for Celtic to hang on to in-demand players such as Fraser Forster and Gary Hooper.
    The 26-year-old skipper himself had the option of moving on a Bosman but decided to sign a long-term deal with the Hoops back in December and now he is hopeful his team-mates will do the same.
    Interest has risen in goal-machine Hooper, with Premier League new-boys Southampton reportedly lining up a 7.5million bid for the former Scunthorpe United striker.
    Meanwhile, the Scottish champions are thought to have agreed a 2m fee with Newcastle to make Forster's stay at Celtic Park a permanent one - but the goalkeeper is reluctant to commit to the club.

It is understood the 24-year-old's agent is looking for more options down south because Forster feels a move back home will help progress his England career.
    However, Brown has begged for the players to stay, highlighting that they will have a better chance of getting UEFA Champions League football with the Hoops.
    "If you're in a good team and playing well, there will always be interest in you," he told Scottish newspaper The Daily Record.
    "Fraser (Forster) has a year left at Newcastle and I'd love to see him back with us but I don't know what will happen.
    "Gary (Hooper) is still signed to the club and we hope he stays. There's the lure of the Premier League but we've the lure of the Champions League if we get through our qualifiers.
    "So I hope he stays. He's one of those strikers you love to play with. He comes to feet, he goes over the top and can score 30 goals a season.
    "The Champions League is the tournament you want to be in. It's going to be hard to go down to England and experience that because you've got the big four or five teams fighting it out for places.
    "England is for some people and not for others. I enjoy being at Celtic and have no intention of leaving. That's why I was delighted to sign my new deal."

Uploads

Giovani Dos Santos: Plans talks with Levy

DOS SANTOS SET FOR SPURS TALKS

Out-of-favour Tottenham forward Giovani Dos Santos will seek talks over his future with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy when he returns from international duty next month.
    The 23-year-old, who is currently with the Mexico squad ahead of their World Cup qualifier with El Salvador on June 12, has endured a frustrating time at White Hart Lane since his arrival from Barcelona in 2008.
    Dos Santos has made just 17 appearances in that period, starting only two Premier League games, which has prompted doubts over whether he has a future in North London.
    The Mexican, who has a year left to run on his Spurs contract, had appeared set to join Spanish club Villarreal this summer but a proposed deal collapsed following their relegation from the Primera Liga.

He says he is yet to receive any other offers, having previously spent time on loan at Ipswich, Galatasaray and Racing Santander.
    Dos Santos told the Daily Mirror: "I don't know about my future. I want to concentrate on the national team, but after that I will speak to the chairman to see what is going to happen to me.
    "You never know in football. You have to try to do your best to get chances. Maybe I will go, maybe I will stay.
    "It's great to come to the national team and play games. I'm grateful for the coach to give me the chance. It's a pleasure.
    "I don't have any other offers at the moment. I will speak to my manager and we will see in a few weeks what will happen with my future."

Uploads

Eden Hazard: Has made his mind up

EDEN HAZARD: I MADE UP MY MIND

Lille midfielder Eden Hazard has hinted he has reached a decision on which club to join this summer - but is still yet to announce it.
    The 21-year-old Belgian has been pursued by several clubs and has previously revealed interest from Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.
    With his future looking likely to be in the Barclays Premier League, an announcement from Hazard on his future appears closer.
    He wrote on Twitter on Monday: "good afternoon guys. i made up my mind. see you later. thanks"
    Hazard enjoyed a stellar season as Lille finished third in Ligue 1 and struck a hat-trick in what was almost certainly his final game for the French outfit.

He confirmed his preferred destination is England, recently telling Belgian news website HLN: "It will anyway be Manchester City, Manchester United or Chelsea.
    "The decision will depend on the amount of play I would see and the position where I would play.
    "Not everyone can say that he can make a choice between the three top clubs."
    The playmaker has also recently hinted Chelsea's triumph in this season's Champions League made a potential move to Stamford Bridge more attractive.
    When asked about a possible move to the Blues, he was quoted as saying by France Football: "Now, yes. They won the Champions League so they will be back in that competition next season.

"It's important for me to play in that competition. Chelsea are a great team with great players. Of course it's a possibility."
    Hazard's agent John Bico claims an agreement on personal terms has been reached with all parties interested in the young Belgium international.
    Lille, however, said at the start of last week that they had not received a firm bid for Hazard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast