Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-2012

Van der Vaart: Keen to stay at Tottenham

VAN DER VAART HINTS AT SPURS STAY

Rafael van der Vaart insists he wants to stay at Spurs but hasn't ruled out a move to Schalke.
    The 29-year-old former Hamburg midfielder has been linked with a return to Germany, where his wife still works.
    Asked about the prospect of joining Schalke, Dutchman Van der Vaart told Bild: "I don't know. Actually, I want to stay at Tottenham. But, in football, you never know."

Pointing out he never expected to join Real Madrid or Spurs in the way he did, he added: "I spent three years living in Hamburg and had a wonderful time at HSV.
    "My wife, Sylvie, works there and we have many friends who live in your country."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-2012

Mats Hummels: New Borussia deal

NEW DORTMUND DEAL FOR HUMMELS

Mats Hummels has committed his future to Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund by signing a new five-year contract.
    The 23-year-old, who is heading for Euro 2012 with Germany, follows the examples of Felipe Santana, Patrick Owomoyela and Mitchell Langerak in agreeing a new deal with the Westphalians.
    "As soon as the club approached me and asked if I would like to extend, I knew immediately that I want to continue being part of this team, which is so successful and is so much fun to be in," he said.
    Hummels has made a total of 121 Bundesliga appearances and scored 12 goals, becoming a Germany international in May 2010 after impressing alongside Neven Subotic in the league's youngest central-defensive partnership.
    His progress has not gone unnoticed, which is why tying him down to a new deal is a major achievement for the league champions and DFB-Pokal holders.
    "Mats Hummels could have moved to practically any club in Europe, but he has chosen Borussia Dortmund and that is a great story," Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp said on his club's website.

"Mats is a highly-intelligent player in terms of winning tackles and closing people down and I don't know anybody across the whole continent who does it as well as he."
    Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke added: "Mats is a true leader and for him to commit his future to Dortmund for such a long period of time is a clear show of faith in our philosophy."
    Hummels joined Dortmund from Bayern Munich in 2008, initially on an 18-month loan deal which was soon made permanent.

Uploads

Hulk: Linked with a move to Chelsea

HULK HINTS AT PORTO EXIT

Hulk has appeared to pave the way for a potential move to Chelsea by suggesting it may be time for him to leave Porto.
    The 25-year-old Brazil forward has been heavily linked with the European champions in a reported 38million deal.
    Asked what the future held for him, Hulk told Lancenet: "I will always continue to work hard and keep my feet on the ground, regardless of whether I stay at Porto.

"I have won many titles in the past four years at Porto, and I think that I have a great relationship with everyone.
    "If the time has come to move on, I'll do so with a good feeling. I have enjoyed a great time here.
    "I'm sure that they will understand the motives behind my decision if I leave."
    Hulk, who is contracted to Porto until 2016, added: "The club and its fans will forever have a place in my heart.
    "I can only thank them for all the affection they've shown me."

Uploads

Marouane Fellaini in action at Wembley on Saturday

JAGIELKA VOICES FELLAINI FEAR

Phil Jagielka accepts Everton could be forced to sell midfielder Marouane Fellaini this summer - if the price is right.
    The 24-year-old Belgian arrived at Goodison Park in a reported 16million move from Standard Liege in 2008 and has been a key man for the Toffees.
    Jagielka knows how crucial Fellaini is to the team but the financial realities of life at Everton mean he is realistic about the club's chances of keeping him.

He said: "Unfortunately, with the way the club is, if somebody comes in with a 20million-plus offer, the chances are he's going to be sold.
    "We love Felli and we'd love him to stay. There's not been that much transfer talk but we know the situation we're in.
    "We bought him for 16million and I don't think the club would take a loss.
    "He's developed in that time, especially in the last few games of the season, just behind the front one, and he's destroyed teams."
    Jagielka was impressed with the performance of Fellaini when in action for England against Belgium in Saturday's friendly international at Wembley.

Jagielka added: "In terms of marking Felli, he's faster than I remember. He must have put a yard on. I can't stop laughing when I see him and it's not just his hair.
    "He's a fantastic player. Belgium have got a few players for the future and, once they kick, on they'll be a team to watch."
    Jagielka has seen players leave Everton before, with Joleon Lescott a notable example having left for Manchester City in acrimonious circumstances in 2009.

Uploads

Dirk Kuyt: 'New experience' in Turkey

KUYT BACKS RODGERS TO REVIVE REDS

Dirk Kuyt has backed Brendan Rodgers to bring the glory days back to Liverpool - even if he will have no part in the new manager's Anfield revolution.
    The Holland striker has joined Turkish giants Fenerbahce on a three-year deal, ending his six-year stay on Merseyside.
    The 31-year-old found first-team starts limited under Kenny Dalglish last season, and even the Scot's departure could not stop him leaving.
    "I think it's great for the club that they have finally announced the new manager," Kuyt told Liverpool's official website.
    "From what I have heard from (Swansea goalkeeper) Michel Vorm, who is with me in the national team, he is a great manager and he told me he will be perfect for Liverpool and he will definitely lift the club up to a higher state."

Kuyt insisted the appointment of former Swansea boss Rodgers on Friday was not a factor in his decision to leave.
    "I would also like to say my decision to leave Liverpool was nothing to do with the new manager coming in whatsoever," he added.
    "I just had the feeling that I had to go somewhere else for a new experience after six years. I made the decision but it's not about the new manager. I have great memories from my experience with the club.

"I'm sure Liverpool will improve under the new manager. Liverpool has a great squad of players and I'm sure with this manager they will do well. From the bottom of my heart I wish them all the best, wish the new manager all the best and I hope they will be very successful."
    Kuyt, who had a year to run on his Anfield contract, had been expected to leave Merseyside this summer after a season in which he scored just two Premier League goals.

Fenerbahce offered the prospect of Champions League football next season, something not available at Anfield.
    The Istanbul giants will enter the preliminary rounds of the competition after finishing runners-up to Galatasaray in the Super Lig.
    Kuyt is preparing for Euro 2012 with Holland and a delegation from the Turkish club travelled to Amsterdam to seal the deal.
    The Dutchman said: "It's a great new experience. I had interest from several clubs in Europe and once Fenerbahce came in for me, with the ambition they have as a club, and also by showing how much they wanted me, for me it was an easy decision to make."
    Kuyt leaves Liverpool having won just one trophy in six seasons, the Carling Cup last season, when he scored in the penalty shoot-out win over Cardiff.
    The Dutchman scored 71 goals in 285 games for the Reds.
    He was never as prolific at Anfield as he was during his time in his homeland, although he was often played out wide.

Uploads

Thiago Silva: Has been linked with a move

SILVA WILL STAY - ALLEGRI

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri is confident sought-after defender Thiago Silva will remain at the club next season.
    The Brazil international has been linked with a move away from the San Siro, with top European clubs including Manchester City and Chelsea reportedly keen to acquire the 27-year-old's services.
    "I am convinced that Thiago Silva will stay," Allegri said to www.acmilan.com. "He is the strongest defender in Europe and to lose him would be terrible for us.
    "But I am convinced that after the Olympics he will return to Milanello. I think [club administrator Adriano] Galliani has been very clear with respect to what the club's intentions are.

"Milan does not want to see him leave. [Club] president [Silvio] Berlusconi wants to see Milan remain at the highest level and he will do everything to keep Thiago at Milan."
    Silva, who is under contract with the Italian giants until June 2016, is also a reported target for Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris St Germain, according to FIFA agent Ernesto Bronzetti.
    "The top four of five clubs on the planet are interested in Silva because he is the top defender in the world," Bronzetti said to Sky Italia.
    "[Real Madrid coach Jose] Mourinho really likes him but Real's interest is not as strong as that of Barcelona.
    "Besides the two Spanish clubs, you also have Paris St Germain, Chelsea and Manchester City that right now can invest in the market.
    "I think Silva's value is between 40 and 50 million euros."

Silva joined Milan in 2009 from Fluminense after previous unsuccessful spells in Europe with Porto and Dynamo Moscow.
    He made 27 league appearances for Milan in the 2011/12 season.

Uploads

Angelo Ogbonna: Reportedly eyed by big guns

TORINO KEEN TO KEEP OGBONNA

Torino will resist temptation to sell Italy defender Angelo Ogbonna this summer, according to club president Urbano Cairo.
    The 24-year-old, who made 36 league appearances to help the Granata outfit win promotion to Serie A, is a reported target for AC Milan, Inter Milan and Roma.

"With regards to Ogbonna's future, my only wish is to keep the player," Cairo said to www.tuttomercatoweb.com.
    "I am very proud to see a Torino player in the national team. Angelo is a great lad. We hope he will have a great European Championship."
    Ogbonna is under contract with Toro until June 2016.

Uploads

Roy Hodgson: Was on Northern Ireland's radar

NORTHERN IRELAND WANTED HODGSON

England manager Roy Hodgson could have become Northern Ireland boss in 2007, former Irish Football Association president Jim Boyce has revealed.
    Hodgson, appointed Fabio Capello's successor as Three Lions head coach on May 1, was a contender to replace Lawrie Sanchez five years ago but was ruled out by his commitment to Finland.
    "Whenever Lawrie Sanchez resigned and went to Fulham there was a possibility that Roy could have ended up as Northern Ireland manager," FIFA vice-president Boyce told Sky Sports News.

"At that time he was manager of Finland and obviously he had to finish his contract with Finland, which didn't expire until November of that year.
    "But the rest is history, so now he's manager of England and I think probably on a much higher salary than he would have got with Northern Ireland!"
    He added: "I've known Roy for many years. He's very highly thought of at UEFA and I'm sure he will make an excellent choice as England manager."

Uploads

Michael Laudrup: Linked with Swansea

NO LAUDRUP CONTACT FROM SWANSEA

Michael Laudrup's agent claims there has yet to be any approach from managerless Swansea.
    After talks broke down between the Liberty Stadium club and Wigan assistant boss Graeme Jones, Barcelona legend Laudrup has been reported as a target.
    Blackpool boss Ian Holloway, Brighton's Gus Poyet and Rayo Vallecano's Jose Ramon Sandoval have also been mentioned as potential successors to Brendan Rodgers, who joined Liverpool late last week.

Laudrup's last managerial job was with Mallorca, who he left in the autumn of 2011, and he is rumoured to be open to offers.
    But his agent, Byram Tutumlu, has announced there has yet to be any contact from representatives at Swansea.
    Tutumlu is quoted as saying: "We have not heard anything from Swansea."

Uploads

Malky Mackay: Has been linked with Norwich

TOP-LEAGUE HUNT DENTS MACKAY CHANCES

Malky Mackay appears to be out of the running for the Norwich job after Canaries chief executive David McNally revealed the club are looking for a manager with "top-league" experience.
    The Canaries are on the look-out for a new manager after Paul Lambert left for Aston Villa last week.
    Cardiff boss Mackay has been linked with the vacancy, but he appears to have been ruled out of the running after McNally said Lambert's replacement must have top-flight managerial experience - something the Scot lacks.
    Despite finishing 12th in the Barclays Premier League last season, Norwich are still regarded as one of the minnows in English football's top flight.

McNally insists the position is an attractive one, however, and has revealed that the club will scour Europe in the hope of finding a new manager who can continue Lambert's good work at Carrow Road.
    "The search is certainly a European search," McNally told the Eastern Daily Press.
    "We are looking for somebody who has got top-league experience.
    "I don't think the candidate necessarily has to have Premier League experience - but they have to have top-league experience.
    "If, for example, you have managed in Serie A, La Liga, the Bundesliga, they are some of the toughest leagues in the world too.
    "So why on earth if there is a candidate in one of those leagues who was available and we felt was right for us should we say no to them just because they haven't managed in the Premier League?"

Birmingham manager Chris Hughton appears to have dropped down the pecking order in the running for West Brom's vacant manager's position, after the midlands club held talks with former Schalke boss Ralf Rangnick, and is reported to also feature on McNally's list.
    McNally refused to be drawn on who is in the frame, but was keen to point out that he is after a manager of the highest calibre.
    He added: "We have names in mind, of course, and we are now thinking deeply, and long into the night, about the characteristics, the specifications if you like, and we are looking at the qualities that the new manager must have.

"They include hunger, commitment, desire, and then the usual things that we look for when we appointed Paul - knowledge, skill, relevant experience and then the glue which holds it all together, which is attitude."
    Lambert will be officially unveiled as Villa boss at a press conference on Wednesday and it has been reported that he wants to add Norwich assistant Ian Culverhouse, with whom he also worked at Colchester, to his backroom staff.
    Whoever is appointed as next Norwich manager, they will have to deal with a number of issues - the most important of which is the future of club captain Grant Holt.

The 31-year-striker is at war with the club after they rejected his transfer request when negotiations over a new contract stalled.
    Holt's actions have caused shock among the club's fans but Canaries defender Russell Martin thinks Norwich should not stand in the way of their 17-goal talisman if he wants to leave.
    "Players have to move on and if he feels that's right for his career and his family then so be it," Martin told Sky Sports News.
    "He has had a great season but we have players like Steve Morison, who has scored some great goals and James Vaughan, who will be like a new signing.

"I'm sure when the new manager comes in they will have targets to replace him, but Holty is still a Norwich player at the minute and hopefully we will keep hold of him.
    "He has done brilliant for the club in the last three years. He has been absolutely colossal with the goals.
    "Hopefully he will stay but if he doesn't he should move on with the players' best wishes and the club's - unfortunately it has come to this but hopefully he won't be remembered for this and it won't end on a sour note."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast