Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-2012

Shinji Kagawa: Heading to Manchester

MAN UNITED ANNOUNCE KAGAWA DEAL

Manchester United have made their first signing of the summer after confirming they have "reached agreement" to buy Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund.
    Negotiations have been on-going with the Japan international for a number of weeks.
    The deal is subject to a medical and work permit, although this is thought to be a formality.
    It is not anticipated the deal will be completed until the end of the month as Kagawa is currently on international duty and played in Japan's 3-0 World Cup qualifying round victory over Oman at the weekend.
    "Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with both Borussia Dortmund and Shinji Kagawa for his transfer to the club," said a United statement.

"The deal is subject only to the player medical and obtaining a UK work permit. These conditions are anticipated to be completed by the end of June.
    "Further details will be announced in due course."
    Although the deal - which is expected to cost around 12million - has been anticipated for some time, it is good news for United.
    Yesterday, Eden Hazard explained why he thought Chelsea had "a better project" than the Red Devils, who lost their Premier League crown to Manchester City in agonising fashion last month.
    Many United fans are privately concerned about the funds being made available to Sir Alex Ferguson and felt strengthening the midfield area was an absolute imperative.

Kagawa has already done enough in his two seasons in Germany to avoid the fate of Park Ji-sung, who was initially condemned as a "trophy" signing following his arrival from PSV Eindhoven in 2005, designed purely to sell shirts in the lucrative Far East market.
    He was named in the Bundesliga's team of the season for 2010-11 despite being absent through injury for half the campaign.
    Kagawa then went on to score 16 goals last term, when Dortmund completed the domestic league and cup double.
    Ferguson and assistant Mike Phelan made a personal check on the 23-year-old the day before United's final match at Sunderland, when they saw Kagawa grab one goal and create another in Dortmund's 5-2 German Cup triumph over Bayern Munich.
    Defender Rio Ferdinand was quick to offer his best wishes on Twitter. "Welcome to Shinji Kagawa for his transfer to Man Utd," he said. "Here's to a succesful (sic) time here bro!"

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 05-06-2012

Eden Hazard: Completed move to Chelsea

EDEN PROJECT BEGINS AT CHELSEA

Eden Hazard vowed to help Chelsea improve on the greatest season in their history after finally completing his move to the European champions.
    Belgium star Hazard was yesterday confirmed as the Blues' second summer signing almost a week after announcing he had decided to join them from Lille.
    The 21-year-old admitted Chelsea's Champions League triumph convinced him they were his ideal destination and immediately set his sights on bettering that achievement.
    The Blues also won the FA Cup but finished only sixth in the Barclays Premier League and Hazard told their official website, www.chelseafc.com: "Chelsea had a great season, even if we didn't do very well in the league.

"By anybody's standards, winning two cups is a great achievement, so it will be a big challenge to do better.
    "We're equipped to do that, and all I can hope is that, while I'm here, we can win a lot of trophies. That's what I'm aiming for."
    Hazard, who reportedly cost 32million, has followed in the footsteps of Lille team-mate Joe Cole in signing for Chelsea, with the former England international having done so eight years ago.
    "I spoke to Joe Cole and what he said above all was that Chelsea was the right club for me," Hazard said after signing a reported five-year contract worth 170,000-per-week.
    "As somebody who loves the club himself, he said he could really see me in the shirt so, when I see him next, I'll tell him he was right."
    Hazard joins Marko Marin in signing for Chelsea in recent weeks, both individuals billionaire owner Roman Abramovich appears to believe can help deliver the exciting brand of football he craves.

Another is reportedly Porto forward Hulk, who is said to have agreed terms with the Blues on a four-year contract.
    Brazil star Hulk, who has been valued at 38million, has certainly seemed to pave the way for a potential transfer by hinting the time could be right for him to leave Portugal.
    The 25-year-old would fill the void left in Chelsea's squad by Champions League hero Didier Drogba, while Hazard would take the space of the out-of-contract Salomon Kalou.
    The Blues also look certain to attempt to sign a new right-back after allowing Jose Bosingwa to leave, with Ajax star Gregory van der Wiel having long been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.
    Asked if he would be tempted by an offer from the European champions, the Holland international told Sky Sports News: "Yeah, of course. It would be a beautiful club."

Uploads

Lucas Biglia: Claims to have held talks with Arsenal

BIGLIA REVEALS ARSENAL INTEREST

Argentine midfielder Lucas Biglia claims to have held talks with Arsenal about a possible move to north London this summer.
    The 26-year-old has just captained Anderlecht to a second straight Belgian league title and is attracting interest from a host of top European sides.
    Biglia, who has won six caps for his country, still has three years to run on his deal with Anderlecht but a bid in the region of 8m could persuade them to part with their prize asset.

"Real Madrid and Arsenal have both been in contact," Biglia is quoted as saying in The Sun.
    "I am still under contract with Anderlecht until 2015 but they know that I plan to leave.
    "If a club offers the right price, Anderlecht will let me go."

Uploads

Malky Mackay: Committed to Cardiff

MACKAY RULES OUT NORWICH ROLE

Norwich plan to scour the continent for their new manager after Cardiff boss Malky Mackay dropped out of the reckoning on Monday.
    Mackay, who played over 200 times for Norwich during a six-year spell at Carrow Road, was one of several names linked with the manager's position following Paul Lambert's move to Aston Villa last week.
    The Cardiff manager insisted on Monday afternoon that he is happy with the Welsh club, however, despite being "flattered" by the Canaries' apparent interest.
    "I have started a long-term project and want to stay and finish it," Mackay said in a statement released by his agent.
    "I am very flattered to be linked with the vacancy at Norwich City.

"They are and always will be a club close to my heart.
    "I have a lot of good friends within the club and great respect for Delia Smith and her husband Michael Wynn-Jones. David McNally, the club's chief executive, has handled this situation well and is guiding Norwich in the right direction.
    "However, I have started a project at Cardiff City. We have put in a structure for long-term success at this football club and we are still working on that.
    "I am fully committed to our football club and the challenges ahead."
    While Mackay's statement will reassure Cardiff fans, the timing of it is a little strange given that Canaries chief executive McNally appeared to rule the 40-year-old out of contention on Monday morning.
    McNally claims the Canaries, who finished 12th in the Barclays Premier League under Lambert last term, are only looking for a manager with top-flight experience, whether it be in England or abroad.

"The search is certainly a European search," McNally told the Eastern Daily Press.
    "We are looking for somebody who has got top-league experience.
    "I don't think the candidate necessarily has to have Premier League experience - but they have to have top-league experience.
    "If, for example, you have managed in Serie A, La Liga, the Bundesliga, they are some of the toughest leagues in the world too.
    "So why on earth if there is a candidate in one of those leagues who was available and we felt was right for us should we say no to them just because they haven't managed in the Premier League?"
    Birmingham manager Chris Hughton appears to have dropped down the pecking order in the running for West Brom's vacant manager's position, after the midlands club held talks with former Schalke boss Ralf Rangnick, and is reported to also feature on McNally's list.

Lambert will be officially unveiled as Villa boss at a press conference on Wednesday and it has been reported that he wants to add Norwich assistant Ian Culverhouse, with whom he also worked at Colchester, to his backroom staff.
    Whoever is appointed as next Norwich manager, they will have to deal with a number of issues - the most important of which is the future of club captain Grant Holt.
    The 31-year-striker is at war with the club after they rejected his transfer request when negotiations over a new contract stalled.
    Holt's actions have caused shock among the club's fans but Canaries defender Russell Martin thinks Norwich should not stand in the way of their 17-goal talisman if he wants to leave.
    "Players have to move on and if he feels that's right for his career and his family then so be it," Martin told Sky Sports News.
    "He has had a great season but we have players like Steve Morison, who has scored some great goals and James Vaughan, who will be like a new signing.
    "He has done brilliant for the club in the last three years. He has been absolutely colossal with the goals.
    "Hopefully he will stay but if he doesn't he should move on with the players' best wishes and the club's - unfortunately it has come to this but hopefully he won't be remembered for this and it won't end on a sour note."

Uploads

Papiss Cisse: Loving life at Newcastle

CISSE REITERATES TOON COMMITMENT

Newcastle strikervPapiss Cisse has reiterated his desire to remain with the Magpies, insisting he wants to stay at St James' Park for "many years".
    The free-scoring Senegal international has also expressed his determination to help the club to Champions League football next season after narrowly missing out this year.
    Cisse has been a revelation on Tyneside since joining Newcastle from SC Freiburg in January, netting 13 goals in 14 Premier League appearances.
    His heroics for the Toon have led to inevitable speculation linking him with big-money moves elsewhere but the 27-year-old striker insists he is staying put and sees his long-term future at the North-East club.

He told Sky Sports: "I am very happy in Newcastle and I want to stay there for many years."
    Cisse has already turned his thoughts to next season and securing Champions League football after finishing an unanticipated fifth this term.
    "We were close to a Champions League position so next season hopefully we will qualify for that and everyone will taste the Champions League," he added.
    "I am looking forward to next season."
    The striker missed a penalty during Senegal's 3-1 World Cup qualifying win over Liberia on Saturday but insists the most important thing was the result.
    "I am disappointed to miss a penalty but the most important thing for us is winning the match," he said.
    "Next time I might score again. I am very upset for our fans, but everyone can miss a penalty."

Uploads

Pogba: In Turin for Juventus talks

PAUL POGBA CLOSING ON JUVE MOVE

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has revealed he is in Turin to complete his transfer to Italian champions Juventus.
    The 19-year-old turned down the offer of a new contract with United and could become Juve's first summer signing.
    "I am thinking about my future, I am in Italy with Juventus to discuss my transfer," Pogba wrote on Twitter.
    Pogba left Le Havre to join United's youth academy in 2009. He made just three league appearances for the Red Devils last season.

Uploads

Whelan: Criticised by Ayre
    AYRE BLASTS WHELAN OVER MARTINEZ

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre has called Wigan chairman Dave Whelan a "comedian" and claims he conducted a "sideshow" during their recent search for a new manager.
    The Latics owner gave his boss Roberto Martinez permission to speak to the Reds about the Anfield vacancy and then frequently spoke to the media to give updates.
    Swansea's Brendan Rodgers was eventually appointed on Friday, after the manager, Liverpool and the Swans concluded negotiations in less than four days in a much more private affair.
    "Our aim from the outset was to conduct a proper, thorough, search and do it in the proper manner," Ayre told the Liverpool Echo.
    "From our point of view, we did all the right things. We approached the clubs we needed to approach, and conducted ourselves properly at all times.

"It is disappointing, then, that Dave Whelan felt the need to run the kind of sideshow he conducted via Sky Sports News and various other media outlets.
    "To be honest, I always thought John Bishop was the biggest comedian in the north west but Dave Whelan seems to have taken that mantle over the last couple of weeks."
    At one stage last week Whelan claimed Martinez had been made an offer by Liverpool, something Ayre denies.
    "That is patently not true," he said.
    "We make no secret of the fact we spoke with Roberto Martinez, but that is all we did.
    "He is a great guy, and I can't speak highly enough of his professionalism and conduct.
    "But for his chairman to make suggestions like he has, and suggestions that just aren't true, well it is disappointing to say the least.
    "We can say with absolute certainty that the only person who was made any offer by Liverpool Football Club is Brendan Rodgers."
    Whelan was unavailable for comment.

Uploads

Branislav Ivanovic: Happy to stay at Chelsea

IVANOVIC STAYING AT CHELSEA - AGENT

Branislav Ivanovic has no intention of leaving Chelsea this summer, according to the player's agent.
    The 28-year-old has established himself as a key player at Stamford Bridge since joining the club from Lokomotiv Moscow in 2008.
    Ivanovic impressed again this season and was one of three nominated for the Chelsea Player of the Year award, but has been linked with a summer move.
    Real Madrid has been mooted as a potential destination and recent reports have suggested Napoli are also interested, although the defender's agent, Vlado Boroza, does not expect him to leave west London.

"Ivanovic to Napoli? It's only a rumour because my client has renewed his contract with Chelsea at a figure that would not meet the financial fair play of Napoli," he told Radio CRC.
    "Ivanovic has three years left in his contract and I don't believe the basis is there to start a negotiation with Napoli.
    "First of all, Chelsea does not want to part with the player and Ivanovic does not want to leave the club."

Uploads

Ronaldo: Happy at Real Madrid

RONALDO NEVER WANTS TO LEAVE REAL

Cristiano Ronaldo has outlined his intention to stay at Real Madrid for the rest of his career after capturing his first Primera Division title with the Spanish giants.
    The Portugal international scored 60 goals in 55 games in the recently-completed season, 46 of them in La Liga, as Real overhauled Barcelona for the first time in four years and Ronaldo believes he is just paying back the world-record 80million fee paid by Real to Manchester United for his services three years ago.
    He told Marca: "All that I have achieved I have done so with my sweat and talent, but overall with a lot of work. Nothing has fallen out of the sky.
    "At times I think about how I am still the most expensive singing in the history of football and I always try to justify on the pitch the huge gamble the club took on me.

"About the renovation of my contract, if it was up to me then I would stay at Real Madrid for the rest of my career, but it doesn't all depend on me.
    "I am not just saying this, I am sincere, I want to finish my career here. I would sign for 10 years today if I could, but this is something that also depends on other people."
    The Portuguese is delighted that his compatriot Jose Mourinho has renewed his contract until 2016 and is hoping the former Chelsea boss stays in the Spanish capital for many years to come.

"I am happy Mourinho is staying. A club like Real Madrid has to have a top coach like Mourinho. The manager has to stay here, it seems clear to me that Real Madrid without Mourinho would win less titles than with him on the bench."

Uploads

Redknapp: Wants a new deal

REDKNAPP WANTS SWIFT SPURS DECISION

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has urged the club to hurry up and offer him a new contract - if they think he is worth it.
    The 65-year-old picked Spurs up from the bottom of the Premier League to an eighth-placed finish after taking over in October 2008 and has since achieved two fourths and a fifth spot in his three full seasons at the helm.
    His contract expires next summer, though, with talks over a new deal having stalled earlier this year amid speculation linking Redknapp with the job of England boss before Roy Hodgson was appointed Fabio Capello's successor on May 1.
    A run of one win in 11 games from February saw Tottenham relinquish third place in the standings - which ultimately cost the north London club a Champions League berth following Chelsea's surprise triumph in this year's final.

The contract situation has since shown no sign of resolving itself, with reports suggesting all may not be well between Redknapp and chairman Daniel Levy and that the manager could be on his way out of White Hart Lane.
    On Tuesday the former West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton boss insisted such talk was wide of the mark, but warned the club the uncertainty was not good for anyone.
    "I've never had a problem with Daniel Levy," he said on Sky Sports News. "I've probably got on as well with Daniel as I could any... People keep talking about our relationship. I've never had a minute's problem with Daniel Levy in terms of falling out with him or whatever. I don't even know where that comes from.

"The simple situation is, I've got a year left on my contract. It's up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that contract or not. If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, it's not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left.
    "It's not a case of me looking for security. What it's about is players knowing you've only got year left on your contract and knowing that it doesn't work, basically.
    "I think it's a situation of, 'well, he might not be here next year'.
    "You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good, and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good.
    "It's up to Tottenham. If they think I'm okay and I've done a decent job an deserve an extension, they'll give it to me.
    "If Daniel doesn't think I'm worth it, that's up to him, that's up to the club. There's nothing I can do about it."

On suggestions he could be heading to Qatar, he responded: "I don't speak to anybody else - I'm under contract at Tottenham. I keep seeing something about Qatar - I've never even been to Qatar in my life!"
    Holland playmaker Rafael van der Vaart also admitted on Tuesday it was vital the manager signed a new - ideally long-term - deal, insisting sustained success was linked to stability.
    Asked if it was crucial Redknapp signed on, the 29-year-old said: "Yeah, I think so. He is doing a fantastic job, so I don't see any problems.
    "I think he's going to sign a new contract - I hope so - and I think it's also good for every team when they have a manager who's there for many years. So I hope he stays."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast