Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 07-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 07-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 07-06-2012

Matias Silvestre: Has requested to leave Palermo

MILAN CLUBS BATTLING FOR SILVESTRE

Inter Milan and AC Milan are in the race to sign Argentina defender Matias Silvestre this summer, according to Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini.
    The Palermo centre-back wants to leave the Sicilian outfit after just one season with the Rossaneri.
    "The only one that will leave the club is Silvestre as he has requested to leave and we will try to help him," Zamparini said to Corriere dello Sport.

"Inter have taken important steps towards acquiring the player while Milan have shown an interest."
    The 27-year-old moved to Italy in 2008 from Boca Juniors.
    He played three seasons at Catania before moving to Palermo last summer.
    Silvestre, who is under contract with the Sicilians until June 2015, scored five goals in 29 league appearances for Palermo this season.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-06-2012

Paul Lambert: Set to shake up the Villa squad

PAUL LAMBERT PLANS FRESH FACES

New Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has already identified several new faces he would like to bring to Villa Park.
    The 42-year-old Glaswegian was formally unveiled as the new Villa boss on Wednesday, taking over from Alex McLeish.
    The Midlands club could only manage a 16th-place finish last term, while Lambert guided Premier League newcomers Norwich to a 12th-place finish on the back of consecutive promotions.

Now he will look to rejuvenate Villa - and plans to introduce new blood to help with that aim.
    "I have spoken with the chairman and (chief executive) Paul (Faulkner) and they know there are a few lads I want to look at," he said.
    "We are going to try and bring in new lads to help and try and keep the feelgood factor that is around the club at the moment.
    "I have to assess the players when I get in and see them.
    "We will try to bring in lads to help them which any football club needs.
    "You need people to help you and that's what I will try and do.
    "I know last season was tough but the main thing was they stayed in the league which everyone at the club would have wanted them to do and I will do everything to try and help them.

"Once I get my feet under the table I can start to look at what's going on and dig a bit deeper. I am really looking forward to it.
    "There is a good feeling around the place and it's up to me to try and keep that. As long as we give it a go that's all we can ask. I will do everything I can to make this club successful."
    There is sure to be continued speculation that wantaway Norwich striker Grant Holt will be one of those new faces, but Lambert says he has not even thought about making a move for the Canaries star yet.
    He added: "I haven't even thought about that at all.
    "Grant Holt was brilliant for me. In the three years I was there (at Norwich) he was a huge part of what happened at the club.
    "He is a terrific guy and I have a lot of time for him.

"He was brilliant for me as a footballer and a captain but things move on and I need to know about Aston Villa Football Club before I do anything else.
    "I will look at things here first and foremost. We will try to bring some guys in but I swear to God I haven't thought about that.
    "I am really excited to be here but I haven't thought about anything like that."

Uploads

Steve Clarke: Favourite for the West Brom job

CLARKE IN RUNNING FOR WEST BROM JOB

Former Liverpool assistant boss Steve Clarke is in contention to become West Brom's new manager, Press Association Sport understands.
    Clarke is the new favourite to replace England manager Roy Hodgson in the Baggies hotseat.
    Albion have moved quickly to sound out Clarke after he left Anfield and sources close to the club believe he could even be appointed by the weekend.
    Former Schalke boss Ralf Rangnick had looked set to take charge at the Hawthorns, but he appears to have now dropped out of the running to succeed Hodgson.

Clarke has gained plenty of experience working as number two at Chelsea, West Ham and most recently at Liverpool under Kenny Dalglish.
    But the 48-year-old is believed to be keen to step into a managerial role and Albion fit the bill.
    Clarke will have a hard act to follow in Hodgson, who guided West Brom to a top-10 finish in the Barclays Premier League last season.
    It was Hodgson's departure from Liverpool that led to Clarke moving to Anfield alongside Dalglish.
    Now he has the chance to again replace Hodgson, who is in charge of England's Euro 2012 campaign.

Among his first tasks will be to try and make goalkeeper Ben Foster's loan move from Birmingham a permanent one, although he is also a target for QPR.
    Key central defender Jonas Olsson - currently part of Sweden's Euro 2012 squad - also has only a year left of his current deal.
    Former Scotland international Clarke worked under Ruud Gullit and Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and Gianfranco Zola at West Ham.

Uploads

Hughton: Expected to be named as Norwich's new boss

CANARIES SET TO UNVEIL HUGHTON

Norwich have called a press conference for 2.30pm on Thursday afternoon where it is expected Chris Hughton will be unveiled as their new manager.
    The Canaries confirmed on Wednesday they had been granted permission by Hughton's current employers Birmingham to speak to the 53-year-old with a view to him assuming the vacant manager's position.
    The Norfolk club, who finished 12th in the Barclays Premier League last season, are without a manager after Paul Lambert left to join Aston Villa.
    Although there has been no official confirmation Hughton will be the Canaries' new manager, Press Association Sport understands that to be the case.
    Norwich see Hughton as the man to take the reins from Lambert and continue their remarkable rise up the football ladder.
    Lambert guided the Norfolk outfit to back-to-back promotions to take them from npower League One to the Barclays Premier League, where he clinched a superb 12th-placed finish last term.

But that impressive progress alerted a host of admirers, including Villa, and despite Norwich rejecting Lambert's resignation last Thursday, an agreement was reached on Saturday for the Scot to make the switch.
    Hughton guided Birmingham to fourth in the npower Championship last term but his team were knocked out of the play-offs by Blackpool, who went on to lose to West Ham in the final.
    The Blues appointed the former Tottenham coach after Alex McLeish controversially moved to the club's midlands rivals Aston Villa last summer.
    Previously, Hughton led Newcastle to the Championship title in 2010 before harshly losing his job in December of that year with the north-east outfit 11th in the top flight.

Hughton has become a popular figure at Birmingham and is hugely admired by supporters, who look set for a difficult summer as the club's uncertain financial future continues to provide concern.
    Reports have suggested Birmingham will pocket 2million for the release of Hughton, his assistant Colin Calderwood, and coach Paul Trollope.
    One of Hughton's first tasks at Carrow Road will be to address the future of captain Grant Holt.
    The 31-year-old striker, who scored 17 times for the Canaries last season, is at war with his employers after they turned down his transfer request when talks over a new deal turned sour.
    Lambert could swoop for Holt and West Ham have also been linked with the player.

Uploads

Chelsea will not be moving to Battersea Power Station

BATTERSEA BLOW FOR CHELSEA

Chelsea have failed in their bid to build a new stadium at Battersea Power Station.
    Last month the Blues revealed that they had submitted an application to move to the 39-acre site in Wandsworth, but administrators revealed on Thursday morning that a joint bid by two Malaysian companies - SP Setia and Sime Darby - had been chosen instead.
    A statement from Ernst & Young read: "Following an extensive global marketing campaign, undertaken by Ernst & Young Real Estate Corporate Finance and Knight Frank LLP, the Joint Administrators are pleased to announce that on Wednesday 6 June 2012 they entered into an exclusivity agreement with SP Setia and Sime Darby and are working towards a timely exchange and completion of the site and associated land."

The European champions are considering moving away from their Stamford Bridge home as their current capacity of around 42,000 is preventing them from bringing in the kind of matchday revenue enjoyed by the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United, who have much bigger stadiums.
    Chelsea revealed in plans last month that they intended to transform the Grade II listed building on the south bank of the River Thames in to "one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world".
    Their plan for Battersea was to develop it into a 60,000-seater ground that included the power station's four chimneys.
    When they released their plans, Chelsea insisted that they had definitely not committed themselves to leaving Stamford Bridge, although they also claimed it was not economically viable to redevelop their current west London home.

The Blues have also been linked with other sites in south-west London.
    SP Setia and Sime Derby revealed in a release to the Malaysian stock exchange this morning that their 400million "multi-use real estate regeneration project" bid had been successful. They also plan to build a tube station on the premises that will connect to the Northern Line.
    A 28-day period of due diligence will now follow, but the hopes Chelsea had of relocating to the site of one of London's most iconic landmarks are seemingly over.

Last October the fans' group who own the freehold of Stamford Bride, Chelsea Pitch Owners (CPO), rejected an offer from the club's owner Roman Abramovich, to buy their shares.
    CPO shareholders have accused Chelsea of failing to fully explore the prospect of revamping Stamford Bridge, while Hammersmith and Fulham Council have disputed the club's claims that doing so would be far more expensive that moving.
    Meanwhile, Porto forward Hulk has denied claims he is flying to London to seal his transfer to Chelsea.
    The striker has been strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge but insists he is happy to leave the matter in the hands of his agent while he is on international duty with Brazil, who play Argentina this weekend.
    "My manager is the one who is taking care of everything," the Porto skipper told globoesporte.com.
    "I left it in his hands and I'm not thinking about it before the end of friendlies."

Hulk is thought to be part of a big rebuilding process at Chelsea that comes despite the fact that the club have no permanent manager, although reports on Thursday morning claimed interim boss Roberto Di Matteo could be handed the post on a long-term basis.
    Reports also claimed that the Blues are targeting Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini after sealing the signing of Belgian playmaker Eden Hazard from Lille two days ago.
    Wandsworth Council, meanwhile, were happy with the administrators' decision over Battersea.
    Council leader Ravi Govindia said: "There is still some way to go but this is potentially very good news. The power station is one of the biggest development opportunities in Nine Elms and key to extending the Northern Line into Battersea.
    "We're making tremendous progress towards transforming this old industrial stretch of the South Bank which will provide up to 25,000 new jobs for London.
    "It's important that this site and its iconic building are not left behind and that a developer is brought in who understands our vision for the new Nine Elms."
    Chelsea said on Thursday afternoon that they were disappointed with the decision over Battersea but confirmed they are still looking at other options for a new home.

A club statement read: "We are disappointed not to be selected as the preferred bidder for Battersea Power Station, as we believe we can create an iconic and architecturally significant stadium on the site in a scheme which is commercially viable and of great benefit to the Wandsworth community and London generally.
    "We have been clear throughout this process that Battersea is one of a limited number of options the club is considering."

Uploads

Pavel Pogrebnyak: Six goals in 12 games for Fulham

POGREBNYAK EYES FULHAM RETURN

Russia international Pavel Pogrebnyak is receptive to striking a deal with Fulham after a successful spell at the club last season.
    The striker scored six goals in 12 appearances after his arrival from German side Stuttgart on a short-term deal in January.
    Fulham have been unable to agree terms on a new deal with the 28-year-old, who goes into Euro 2012 as a free agent.
    Pogrebnyak, who admits he enjoyed playing in the Premier League, has also been linked with Aston Villa and newly promoted Reading in recent weeks.

"After three or four months, I feel that I have found my place in England and I want to play in this league," Pogrebnyak said.

"I feel great desire and strength inside me and my age will not work against me. We couldn't agree anything with Fulham so far, but I hope everything will be alright.
    "If I don't play for Fulham, I hope to find another team.
    "It would be good to sort this out before the European Championships, because there is a risk there. Anything could happen, and if you get injured then no-one will want to sign you."

Uploads

Kwadwo Asamoah: No Udinese deal reached yet

ASAMOAH TEMPTED BY ENGLAND MOVE

Udinese midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah has not ruled out the possibility of playing in the Premier League next season.
    The Ghana international is set to leave the Friuli club this summer.
    The 23-year-old, who is under contract with Udinese until June 2015, is a reported target of Manchester United and Juventus.
    Asamoah tweeted: "Udinese is in my heart, if I stay in Italy or go to England that doesn't change.
    "Attention is now on Ghana and I hope to have news next week.

"Can't say a lot except that wherever my future is I want to win things and better myself as a player.
    "I will let you know where that is."
    Udinese confirmed on Wednesday they were in advanced talks with Juventus regarding the possible transfer of Asamoah to the Italian champions, but insisted no deal had been reached yet.
    He scored three goals in 31 league appearances to help his team finish third in Serie A.
    Asamoah is currently on international duty preparing for the group phase of the African qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup.

Uploads

Giuseppe Rossi: Not a target for Roma

ROMA RULE OUT MOVE FOR ROSSI

Roma have ruled themselves out of the running to sign Villarreal forward Giuseppe Rossi.
    Rossi, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, has been linked with a return to Serie A for some time.
    Roma were keen to acquire the 25-year-old before the Italy international suffered a recurrence of a cruciate injury in his right knee in April.
    "We had shown an interest in Giuseppe Rossi," said Roma general director Franco Baldini to www.tuttomercatoweb.com.
    "However, he had another serious knee injury and he will not return to play until March.

"Hence, he cannot be considered a target in our transfer market."
    Rossi, who is under contract with the Spanish outfit until June 2016, is a reported target of Juventus, Napoli and Inter Milan.
    Villarreal were relegated to the second division this season.

Uploads

Ian Holloway: Has been linked with Swansea

NO HOLLOWAY APPROACH FROM SWANSEA

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston says the club have not received an approach from Swansea to speak to Ian Holloway over their managerial vacancy.
    Holloway's name has featured consistently among the list of leading contenders to succeed Brendan Rodgers at the Liberty Stadium and there had been suggestions that he was set to hold talks with the Swans.
    But Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins is currently out of the country on holiday and a Blackpool spokesman said that the club had received no contact from the south Wales side.
    "I know it's manager silly season at the moment but we've not had a call from anyone enquiring about taking Ian as manager," Oyston told BBC Sport.

"[That] amazes me, I have to say, after what he has done here, what he has worked with and the way he has gone about things.
    "I would think that would make him a prime candidate for other clubs to consider.
    "However, surprisingly, and I am very pleased about it, we have not had any calls and I hope that continues."
    Jenkins has played his cards close to his chest as he considers his options in the hunt for a successor for Liverpool boss Rodgers.
    And 49-year-old Holloway, who last month saw the Seasiders miss out on a return to the Premier League as they lost to West Ham in the Championship play-off final, is among several candidates being linked with Swansea.
    Former France and Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly emerged as one of the favourites over the weekend having completed his UEFA coaching qualifications with the Football Association of Wales and spoken of his admiration for Swansea's passing style.
    Former Arsenal and Holland striker Dennis Bergkamp has also received plenty of backing despite the Ajax number two previously stating he had no desire to become a manager.

Michael Laudrup's agent said there had been no contact with Swansea over a move for the former Barcelona and Real Madrid midfielder.
    But the Dane's reputation for producing attacking football at Getafe and Mallorca means he fits the Welsh club's wish to continue with their tactical approach.
    The only man known to have had talks over the vacancy is Wigan assistant manager Graeme Jones.
    It was thought the 42-year-old, who had a previous spell at the Liberty as Roberto Martinez's assistant before following the Spaniard to Wigan, had fallen down the pecking order due to reservations over taking his first managerial position.
    But it is understood he remains a leading contender for the job.

Uploads

Thomas Muller: Could ponder options

MULLER WILLING TO LISTEN TO OFFERS

Bayern Munich and Germany forward Thomas Muller has hinted he could be persuaded to leave the club this summer.
    The disappointment of losing the Champions League final on penalties against Chelsea, and finishing second to Borussia Dortmund and losing the DFB-Pokal to the Westphalians still rankles with the 22-year-old.
    Furthermore, Muller often found himself sitting on the substitutes' bench at Bayern last season and his love of the club appears to be waning.
    With Inter Milan reported to be showing an interest, Muller is beginning to consider a future outside Bavaria.

"Fundamentally, everybody knows that not only do I wear the Bayern Munich emblem on my shirt, but Bayern will always be my club," he said.
    "I am therefore not forced to think about leaving. But the situation at the moment does not particularly make me say that I would not listen (to offers)."
    Muller, who is contracted to Bayern until 2015, says he is not considering his future at the moment anyway as there are more pressing matters.
    "I am here to play at the European Championships and that is the one and only thing I am concentrating on," he told Germany's Sport Bild magazine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast