Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 10-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 10-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 10-06-2012

Karim Benzema: Claims Man Utd interest

BENZEMA REVEALS MAN UNITED PURSUIT

France star Karim Benzema claims Manchester United have made attempts to sign him 'for the past three or four seasons'.
    Benzema, who is set to lead France's attack against England on Monday in their Euro 2012 opener, insists he is happy at Real Madrid and has no plans to leave the Spanish champions.
    The 24-year-old has been continually linked with a move to the Premier League with Sir Alex Ferguson thought to be a big admirer of the former Lyon hit-man.

Benezema is aware of the rumours over his future, but he is adamant he has no plans to leave the Bernabeu for the foreseeable future.
    "The rumours about my future are common, every summer it's the same that I will be going to this club and that club," Benzema is quoted as saying in the Sun on Sunday.
    "But I am very happy at Real Madrid and the thought about leaving has never crossed my mind. I know Manchester United have tried to sign me for the past three or four seasons.
    "When I was at Lyon they and a number of other English clubs wanted me but could not agree terms with Lyon. Besides, I wanted to go to Spain and I can honestly say I have never regretted that decision.

"I'm still young and I have a contract at Madrid until 2015. I still want to achieve things at the club. I have had a taste of success after winning the Spanish title but I want more."
    Benzema has refused to rule out a move to the Premier League in the future, but insists he is not contemplating any such move at the minute.
    "I would never say never about coming to England and, to be honest, I have no real preference in terms of teams," added Benzema. "But that is a long way in the future, not something I would even consider at the moment."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-06-2012

Robin van Persie: New warning over money

HILL-WOOD WARNING OVER VAN PERSIE

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood admits that Robin van Persie will quit the club if he wants big money.
    The Gunners captain and talisman has just a year left on his current deal and he is in talks about an extension.
    But a host of clubs from across the continent are showing an interest with the likes of Manchester City and Manchester United strongly linked in England.

And Hill-Wood admits that if money is the deciding factor then their captain will most likely leave.
    "He is vital to us and has been an extremely good captain," said Hill-Wood in the Sunday Mirror.
    "But if somebody comes along and offers Robin 250,000 a week then I am afraid we cannot compete with that.
    "With players, you never know what they are going to do.
    "Some players say they want silverware but when they have the chance to earn extraordinary money that has been pumped into the game, then you just have to hope they will stay because they are happy and loyal where they are.

"There are players like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes at Manchester United who have been loyal to one club but players like that are few and far between.
    "Hopefully we can reach agreement with Robin and ideally he will extend his contract.

"We have already brought in one new player in Lukas Podolski and I believe we will bring in more. I am confident we will, in fact.
    "I just hope that Robin will be with us next season because I genuinely feel we can make a real challenge for the Premier League title.
    "We had an atrocious start to last season but we recovered to finish third which was a marvellous achievement when you look at the problems that we had with injuries."

Uploads

Ezequiel Lavezzi: Poised for PSG move

LAVEZZI CLOSES IN ON PSG SWITCH

Ezequiel Lavezzi appears set to complete his move to Paris St Germain when the transfer market officially opens on Wednesday after Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed the clubs had reached an agreement.

The 27-year-old Argentinian striker has been linked with several of Europe's top clubs after playing a starring role in Napoli's exciting attacking football in recent seasons, and the club have admitted defeat in efforts to keep him after missing out on Champions League football with a fifth-place finish in Serie A.

De Laurentiis told Naples radio station Radio Marte: "There is talk of a 31 million euro price in the press, but this agreement is confidential and I can not reveal the true figures. All I can say is that the case will be concluded next week."

Uploads

Vurnon Anita: Linked with a move to Newcastle this summer

MAGPIES LINKED WITH AJAX ACE ANITA

Newcastle have made a bid for Ajax midfielder Vurnon Anita, according to the player's agent.
    The 23-year-old has established himself as a key member of the Ajax side and helped Frank De Boer's side win the Dutch title this season.
    Magpies boss Alan Pardew is believed to have watched Anita in action on several occasions and the player's representative, Harry Lulofs, claims Newcastle have tabled an offer to Ajax for the defensive midfielder.

Lulofs also revealed former Norwich boss Paul Lambert was keen on Anita and has hinted he could move for him now he has switched to Aston Villa.
    "Ajax are very satisfied with the guy [Anita] and want to keep him, but Newcastle have been watching him for a long time and really want to sign him," Lulofs is quoted as saying in The People.

"This is the first offer Ajax have received for Vurnon and we'll soon see how they react."
    "The only other Premier League club to get in touch was Norwich. Paul Lambert called me to ask about him.
    "Now he has moved to Aston Villa so maybe they will be in touch. I don't know."

Uploads

Ramires: Would consider a return to former club Cruzeiro

RAMIRES OPEN TO CRUZEIRO RETURN

Chelsea midfielder Ramires has admitted he would be interested in returning to his old Brazilian club Cruzeiro.
    Ramires spent two seasons with Cruzeiro before moving to Europe with Benfica in 2009.
    The all-action performer has established himself as a key member of the Chelsea since arriving in the summer of 2010 and played an integral role in their FA Cup and Champions League success last season.
    The 25-year-old has revealed he still keeps an eye on Cruzeiro's progress, but concedes finances are likely to scupper any move move back to his homeland.

"If Cruzeiro are interested, it's possible for me to go back," Ramires is quoted as saying in the Sun on Sunday.
    "Although it's not a decision I can make and difficult because my price is very high. If Cruzeiro could raise the money, I would go back for sure.
    "I was happy at Cruzeiro and felt an obligation to return at some point as the club offered me a chance to launch my sport career in Europe.
    "I still follow their matches on the internet. The fans were always good to me and named me 'Ramires the Warrior'."

Uploads

Jay Rodriguez: Signs for Southampton

SOUTHAMPTON SIGN JAY RODRIGUEZ

Southampton have begun preparations for life back in the Premier League by breaking their transfer record to sign Burnley's Jay Rodriguez.
    The 22-year-old has long been linked with a move to the south coast and Saints reportedly failed with bids last summer and in January.
    However, Nigel Adkins now has his man as Rodriguez has signed a four-year deal at St Mary's after leaving the Clarets for an undisclosed fee.
    The deal is understood to be worth 6million, which breaks Southampton's long-standing transfer record, set when they signed Derby's Rory Delap for 4million in 2001.

"I'm really relieved that we've got it sorted now, and it's done," Rodriguez told the club's official website, www.saintsfc.co.uk.
    "I really can't wait for the start of the season, and the start of pre-season.
    "This is a great club, a massive club, and they're where they belong. It's a squad I want to be a part of, and it's really exciting.
    "As an outsider, you look at the club from where it started, and the drive they have to move up the leagues in quick succession is amazing.
    "The sky is the limit. You see how good the players are at the club.
    "They want to push on even higher, and carry on the way they're going."

Rodriguez, who was named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year last season, formally agreed the move during a holiday in Mexico and put pen to paper on a four-year deal today, much to the delight of Adkins.
    "Jay is an exciting young English prospect, so I am really happy he is our first signing of the summer," the Southampton manager said.
    "There has been a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes on several fronts and we are delighted Jay has signed for us as we get ready for our pre-season schedule.
    "He is an exciting forward thinking player who has already scored a lot of goals at a young age over the past couple of years.
    "His characteristics are what we have been looking for.
    "He has demonstrated a superb attitude and when we have met him it has only confirmed what our research has told us.
    "He has a hungry and enthusiastic attitude with a desire to work hard in the positive environment that we have at Southampton where will be able to develop his talent."

Uploads

Morrison: Spent a season on loan at Huddersfield

TERRIERS WANTS MORRISON BACK

Huddersfield Town have admitted their interest in bringing Reading defender Sean Morrison back to the club following their promotion to the championship.
    Morrison joined the Terriers on loan in January and went on to make 22 appearances, playing an integral part in the club's landmark season.
    But the 21-year-old has now returned to the Premier League new boys, despite having made just one appearance in the League Cup since his arrival from Swindon Town 18 months ago.
    And if Morrison is not going to be involved in Brian McDermott's plans next season, Huddersfield would be happy to offer the centre-half a return to the Galpharm Stadium.

"Sean has made it clear he loves it here and would like to play for us in the championship and we certainly love him, so we'll see what happens," Terriers coach Glyn Snodin said.
    "In the first instance it's very much down to what Brian McDermott, the Reading manager, wants to do.

"Does he want to keep Sean for the top-flight campaign, does he want to sell him or is he prepared to loan him out again?
    "Until we know the answer to those questions then we can't really progress anything, but we know Brian very well.
    "He is a smashing fellow and we know there won't be any problems, he will just let us know honestly exactly where he stands."

Uploads

Felix Magath: Has taken a chance on Pannewitz

WOLFSBURG CHANCE FOR PANNEWITZ

Defensive midfielder Kevin Pannewitz has signed a two-year contract at Wolfsburg from German third-division side Hansa Rostock.
    The 21-year-old is regarded highly by Wolfsburg manager Felix Magath, although his new coach has warned him he must work hard and maintain his focus if he is to maximise his potential.
    "Kevin has the potential to be a Bundesliga player, but unfortunately he has not dealt with his talent professionally in recent years," said Magath.
    "Now he will get a second chance with us and I hope that he takes advantage of his new surroundings."

Pannewitz has spent his whole career in the north of Germany, making 32 second division and 35 third division appearances for Rostock.
    He was offered a trial by Magath at the end of the season and appeared in several friendly matches, managing to convince the much-travelled manager to take a gamble on him.

Uploads

Robson: Takes charge at Barnet

ROBSON TAKES OVER AT BARNET

Barnet have announced Mark Robson as the npower League Two club's new manager.
    Robson, 43, a former player with West Ham and Charlton among others, leaves his position as first-team coach at Championship side Peterborough to take the reins at Underhill.
    Martin Allen replaced Lawrie Sanchez in mid-April to oversee the Bees for the third time, but his short-term contract expired after he ensured League Two survival on the final day of last season.

Robson will now take charge of first-team matters as well as aiding the development of Academy football at Barnet in what is described as a 'comprehensive transformation of the club's footballing strategy'.
    Director of football Paul Fairclough added on Barnet's official website: "I want the club to become renowned for the way they pass the ball and try to play their way through opposition, as opposed to over them. Obviously results are important but those results can be achieved by playing good, entertaining football."
    Fairclough added: "In Mark Robson we have secured the services of a forward-thinking coach who will lead the club along a new and exciting pathway. I truly see this as a new dawn for Barnet Football Club."