Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-2012

Rafael van der Vaart: Schalke target

SCHALKE EYE VDV AND KALOU

Schalke head coach Huub Stevens has revealed he is determined to sign Rafael van der Vaart and Salomon Kalou this summer.
    Stevens, who coached Tottenham's Dutch playmaker Van der Vaart while in charge of Hamburg, has indicated he would like to be reunited with the 29-year-old as well as acquiring the services of Chelsea forward Kalou, once his contract runs out at the end of June.

Van der Vaart's agent Robert Geerlings recently confirmed that the Bundlesliga outfit were interested in bringing him to Gelsenkirchen.
    But the former Real Madrid star played down speculation surrounding his future, insisting he is happy at Spurs, despite revealing a desire to play in the Italian Serie A at some point in his career.

"His qualities are unprecedented," Stevens said. "I would love to work with him again. We have contacts with his agent. Every day I speak to Horst Heldt [Schalke's general manager] on the phone about our plans.
    "There are rumours circulating that Rafael would return to Germany. But I have not heard from his mouth. I have not spoken with him and we'll have to see after Euro 2012 .

"He has a contract so we will have to pay a ransom. If Rafa really wants it, he is welcome.
    "If that opportunity arises, and he looks forward to it, let him come."
    And, on the subject of Ivory Coast international Kalou, 26, Stevens confirmed his admiration but also revealed Liverpool were battling for his signature.

"Kalou is a Bosman player this summer," he said.
    "It's obvious; there are many other clubs keen on him. Liverpool for example. But I know for sure he wants to move away from England. This could be our chance!"

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-2012

Miroslav Klose: Linked with Barcelona

LAZIO WON'T SELL KLOSE

Lazio sporting director Igli Tare has insisted Miroslav Klose is not for sale amid speculation he could move to Barcelona this summer.
    Tare has moved to quash the latest reports linking the Germany international with a move away from the club.
    Spanish media has reported Barca are keen to strengthen their forward line with the signing of the experienced striker.
    Tare told Sky Italia: "Klose is not for sale. We have not received any offers for him.

"If an offer was to arrive, we would not accept it because he is a crucial player for us."
    The 34-year-old, who is with Germany at Euro 2012, joined Lazio last summer as a free agent.
    Klose scored 13 goals in in 27 league appearances for Lazio last season and is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2014.

Uploads

Vincenzo Montella: New Fiorentina coach

MONTELLA NAMED FIORENTINA COACH

Vincenzo Montella has been appointed coach of Serie A side Fiorentina, the Italian club confirmed on Monday.
    The Tuscan club has been looking for a coach since parting company with Delio Rossi towards the end of last season.
    A statement from Fiorentina read: "ACF Fiorentina announces that Vincenzo Montella is the new coach of the first team.
    "Montella has signed a two-year contract with an optional third."
    Montella, 38, parted company with Catania earlier this month after guiding the Sicilian outfit to an 11th-placed finish in Serie A in his first season in charge.
    The former Roma boss had one year left on his contract with Catania but was granted an early release from his role.

Fiorentina ended the season two places and two points behind Catania.
    Montella will be introduced to the media this afternoon.

Uploads

Marouane Fellaini: Transfer talk

FELLAINI HAPPY AT EVERTON

Marouane Fellaini has refused to rule out the prospect of leaving Everton, but insists he is very happy at Goodison Park.
    The Belgium midfielder only signed a new long-term deal last season, but in recent weeks European champions Chelsea and Spanish giants Real Madrid have been linked with his services.
    Fellaini insists that he is happy at Everton but admits he is ambitious.
    "If I have got to go, I will go, if not, I repeat, I am at Everton," he told Belgian radio station RTBF.
    "I am ambitious; I want to play in the Champions League or in the Europa League. Last season we finished seventh with Everton, and we were not able to qualify us for Europe, which was a shame.

"If an ambitious club comes in for me? Why not, just to gain experience but I'm on vacation right now, I do not give [speculation] too much attention.
    "Every year they say I'll be transferred to the left or right. But I'm still at Everton!
    "If it comes, I take, if it does not come, I stay at Everton, where I am happy, and where I still have a four-year contract.
    "Everything goes fast in football. You can be transferred tomorrow, as you can be in one or two years. For now, I'm on vacation, I try to arrive fresh at the start of next season. If there are any concrete offers yet? If this is the case, I am not aware."
    Chelsea are one of the clubs linked to Fellaini and he admits he would be at home at Stamford Bridge due to the number of Belgians already there.
    "They talked about me in Chelsea? If I had to go there, I would have several friends - Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois ... There are many Belgians! It's good for the national team."

Fellaini says he is happy to see Eden Hazard move to the Premier League.
    "Eden Hazard to Chelsea? It's his choice, I think he would have played in every major English club because he is quality," he said.
    "He is a talent, and he knows it, I think Chelsea has not cheated on him. Will there be less competition in Chelsea as Manchester United or City? In a big club, there is always competition."

Uploads

Alexandre Pato: Not looking for move

PATO WANTS TO STAY AT MILAN

Alexandre Pato has pledged his future to AC Milan, despite reported interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Corinthians.
    The Brazil international has been strongly linked with a move away from the San Siro this summer.
    Pato turned down a move to PSG back in January but the Ligue 1 giants have not given up hope that the South American could change his mind.

Brazilian side Corinthians are also keen to acquire Pato's services.
    "Milan has received several offers besides one from Paris Saint-Germain," Pato said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "I have also received interests from Brazilian clubs but it's not the time to return home as I am only 22 and I feel I am at the club I want to be.
    "I have every intention to remain in Europe for many years before I return to Brazil.
    "I can only thank these clubs but I will stay at Milan.
    "I will remain until the last day of my contract, which expires in 2014.
    "I am grateful to this club for all it has done for me.

"I have received help from them during difficult times and I have no intention to change teams.
    "I want to repay the faith Milan has in me."
    Pato, who joined Milan in 2007 from Internacional, endured an injury-plagued season, which saw him make just 18 competitive appearances for the Rossoneri this term.

Uploads

Sean Dyche: Happy at Watford

DYCHE STAYING LOYAL TO HORNETS

Manager Sean Dyche is flattered by the speculation linking him to other clubs but insists he is happy to stay at Watford.
    Dyche has been touted for the vacancies at Championship rivals Birmingham and Hull in recent weeks yet he is keen to remain at Vicarage Road following a promising debut season in charge.
    "It has been very flattering to be linked with some high-profile vacancies, and I have had one or two agents sounding me out since the end of the season," he said.
    "But quite honestly I am very happy at Watford. I really appreciated the chance given to me a year ago when I was made manager after Malky (Mackay) went to Cardiff, and loyalty works both ways.

"I thoroughly enjoyed my first season; it was a great learning curve for me in so many ways and I loved every minute. To be within touching distance of the play-offs was very encouraging and hopefully we can continue to make more progress next season.
    "Obviously I'm an ambitious person, but my ambition right now is to build on what we achieved last season and make Watford competitive in a very tough league."

Uploads

Nick Powell: Set for summer move

MAN UNITED LEAD CHASE FOR POWELL

Manchester United are in talks to sign highly-rate Crewe youngster Nick Powell.
    Alex boss Steve Davis believes the England Under-18 international's representative is currently negotiating over a move away from Gresty Road and Press Association Sport understands United head a group of clubs expressing an interest.
    "Nick is still with us, but I am sure talks are still ongoing with his agent and clubs," Davis told Crewe's official website.
    "These things take time and rightly so because all parties have to be satisfied with any deal.
    "I still envisage him leaving us this summer, but if it doesn't happen then we would welcome him back for pre-season.

"We'll see what happens this week because obviously I would like to know as soon as possible if we are moving forward without him or not."
    The move away from Crewe would be final for Powell, with Davis ruling out the prospect of an immediate loan return being part of any transfer deal.
    He added: "One thing I can confirm is that he won't be coming back here on loan.
    "That wouldn't be part of it because we want to bring in a replacement of our own and give our own players, such as (fellow England Under-18 forward) Max Clayton, a chance."
    Last season proved to be a breakthrough campaign for Powell, who picked up Crewe's player of the season award after scoring 16 goals in 45 appearances.
    The 18-year-old further enhanced his reputation with a spectacular strike to open the scoring in last month's 2-0 npower League Two play-off final victory over Cheltenham at Wembley.

Uploads

Roberto Di Matteo: Backed by Frank Leboeuf

LEBOEUF: DI MATTEO IS OBVIOUS CHOICE

Roberto Di Matteo is the obvious choice to become full-time Chelsea manager next season, according to former Blues defender Frank Leboeuf.
    The Italian has emerged as the favourite to take charge at Stamford Bridge again, albeit reportedly on a one-year rolling deal, having guided the west London club to FA Cup and Champions League success after taking over from Andre Villas-Boas as first-team coach on an interim basis in March.
    Leboeuf, 44, played alongside the Italian during five seasons at Stamford Bridge and believes his old team-mate has all the qualities to continue to bring success.

"He proved in four months that he had knowledge about football and what he did was absolutely fantastic. He used the strengths Chelsea had," Leboeuf said on TalkSPORT.
    "He knew how to cope with the situation with senior players, he put a very good atmosphere into the dressing room, and he won two titles.
    "They would have been stupid not to offer him at least a year.
    "We will see what will happen afterwards, because we know [former Barcelona manager] [Pep] Guardiola is back next year and maybe that is what [owner] [Roman] Abramovich has in mind, but at least Roberto would have another year to prove he is a good coach."
    Despite not as yet officially having a new full-time manager in place, Chelsea have started planning for next season with the 32million signing of Belgian playmaker Eden Hazard.
    Another big money move for Porto striker Hulk is said to be in the pipeline, while the future of defender Branislav Ivanovic is uncertain, along with Brazilian midfielder Ramires, who has been linked with a switch back to former club Cruzeiro.
    Chelsea have also been reported to be tracking Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

Uploads

Craig Gordon: Free agent after Sunderland exit

GORDON RELAXED ABOUT FUTURE

Scotland goalkeeper Craig Gordon will take his time to decide his next career move after being approached by several clubs.
    Gordon is a free agent after being released by Sunderland and has been linked with Hull since his former Black Cats manager, Steve Bruce, took charge of the npower Championship club on Friday.
    However, the 29-year-old is not in any rush to decide where he will be plying his trade next term.
    "Things will work themselves out over the next few weeks," said Gordon today while promoting the announcement of Weatherseal's deal to become the Scottish Premier League's official home improvement partner.

"I've had a few bits and pieces of contact from different clubs but I'll take my time and see what the best offer is over the summer and see where next season takes me.
    "I'm quite relaxed that it will all get sorted out and I can get some first-team football under my belt."
    Bruce claimed Gordon was a "possibility" as he looks to put his stamp on Hull, who finished two places outside the play-offs last season.
    Gordon has also been linked with West Brom, Southampton and Celtic and is open to a move abroad.
    "There is always going to be speculation, managers that know me from the past, Scottish managers, things like that are always going to get put in the press," the former Hearts player said.
    "I'll just wait and see what comes over the next few weeks."

Gordon has only played one first-team game since February 2011 after undergoing knee surgery.
    His appearance in a 2-2 draw against Bolton in April proved to be his final game in a five-year spell at Sunderland that was also disrupted by two fractures of his arm.
    Gordon, who was signed in a 9million deal from Hearts, is desperate to return to first-team football and challenge Allan McGregor for the Scotland number one jersey.
    "It's not been ideal the last year and a half, two years with injuries," he said.
    "I've kind of got a reputation from it which is a little bit unjust.
    "But these things happen and you have to bounce back.
    "I've got a lot of hunger and desire to get back playing and showing what I can do again because it's not been nice not playing and not participating every week."

Uploads

John Rankin: New deal
    RANKIN SIGNS CONTRACT EXTENSION

Dundee United have confirmed that midfielder John Rankin has signed a one-year contract extension.
    The former Hibernian player is now tied to Tannadice until the summer of 2014 after starting all 44 competitive games in his first season at the club.
    The 28-year-old told the club's official website: "Signing this extension was an obvious choice for me.
    "It is important that you enjoy your football and playing for Dundee United has been so enjoyable. It is a fantastic place with a great team spirit."

Manager Peter Houston added: "His undoubted ability allied with his fitness and work rate were always going to appeal to the fans and his experience was vital to the blend of our team last season.
    "Such was his level of performance throughout the season that I am thrilled he has committed for a further year."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast