Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-2012

Robert Lewandowski: Going nowhere

DORTMUND - LEWANDOWSKI IS STAYING

Borussia Dortmund have denied reports that Robert Lewandowski is set to leave the Bundesliga champions for Manchester United.
    Poland coach Franciszek Smuda caused a stir last week when he hinted that Dortmund's Polish trio of Lewandowski, Jakub Blazczykowski and Lukasz Piszczek will all be moving on, naming clubs in England and Spain as likely targets.
    Borussia Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke is having none of it, though, and insists the trio will still be representing his club again next season.

"I know Smuda very well and he has a high opinion of us and we have a high opinion of him," he said.
    "We talk a lot and I cannot imagine that he said what he said in the way it was reported.
    "I don't care in any case. I don't know how often we have got to stress that Robert Lewandowski will certainly be staying with us.
    "And 'Kuba' (Blaszczykowski) has been here five years and he is happy with what he has got here. I am confident that he will stay."
    Watzke does not fear losing more of his side's key players after Shinji Kagawa's move to Manchester United and says the situation with the Polish trio is completely different.

"With respect, Manchester United did come looking for him," he told the Ruhr Nachrichten.
    "He was given the chance to fulfil a childhood dream. But we are not forced to sell anybody for financial reasons."
    Watzke also insisted Dortmund would not be paying over the odds for their transfer targets just because they have sold Kagawa and have money in the bank.

The Westphalians are currently chasing Stuttgart forward Julian Schieber.
    "Julian Schieber has a certain value in our eyes and we would be prepared to pay that," he said.
    "But we are not going to do anything crazy, not with any player. We continue to be cautious with our money."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 12-06-2012

Desailly: Rejected an approach from Swansea

DESAILLY REVEALS SWANSEA OFFER

Former Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly has revealed he rejected an approach from Swansea City about the vacant manager's job.
    Swansea are searching for a new manager after Brendan Rodgers left the Liberty Stadium for Liverpool last month.
    A number of names have been linked with the position with Wigan assistant manager Graeme Jones the early front-runner, although talks have now broken down.

Desailly, who is trying to win his UEFA coaching badges, admits the offer from Swansea has come too early for him as he looks for a career in management in the future.
    "I was approached, but it is not the right time," Desailly told Le 10 Sport.
    "Everything seemed fine, but it was too early."

Uploads

Olivier Giroud: Could be heading for Arsenal

ARSENAL LEAD OLIVIER GIROUD CHASE

Montpellier coach Rene Girard has revealed Arsenal are leading the race to sign in-demand striker Olivier Giroud.
    A host of clubs are chasing Giroud this summer following his goalscoring exploits for Montpellier last season.
    The 25-year-old netted 25 goals last term to help Montpellier to win the French title and his form has alerted several sides across Europe.
    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is thought to be a long-term admirer of Giroud and is keen to bring him to the Emirates this summer.
    Montpellier are reluctant to lose their star striker, but Girard admits the player is likely to move to Arsenal if they can agree a deal with the French champions.

"Arsenal are very interested and Giroud wants to play in England, if Arsene [Wenger] agrees with the president [Louis Nicollin], he will sign for them", Girard told French radio station RMC.
    Giroud is currently with France at Euro 2012 and the player is expected to make a decision on his future after the tournament.

Uploads

Ramirez: Linked with Liverpool and Man City

BOLOGNA IN TALKS OVER RAMIREZ SALE

Bologna general director Roberto Zanzi has revealed they are negotiating with a top European club over the sale of coveted playmaker Gaston Ramirez.
    The Uruguay international has been strongly linked with a move away from Bologna this summer and is a reported target of Manchester City, Liverpool and Juventus.
    "We are negotiating with an important foreign club for Ramirez," Zanzi said to Italian newspaper Il Resto del Carlino. "But their offer does not satisfy us.
    "The deal is by no means close to completion."

Earlier this month, Bologna placed a price tag of over 20million on the 21-year-old Ramirez.
    Ramirez joined Bologna from Penarol in 2010 and scored eight goals in 33 league appearances last season to help the Rossoblu finish ninth in Serie A.
    The South American is under contract with Bologna until June 2016.

Uploads

Boruc: Not ruling out a move back to Celtic

BORUC OPEN TO CELTIC RETURN

Artur Boruc has indicated that he is set to leave Fiorentina this summer and says he would consider a proposal from former club Celtic, even though he would prefer to play in a better league.
    The Polish goalkeeper spent five years at Parkhead and admits that he still has a lot of affection for the Glasgow club.
    He has now opened the door to a possible return to Celtic, despite acknowledging that the SPL is not the strongest competition in Europe.
    It does look likely that Boruc will be heading out of Fiorentina during the transfer window as he does not feel suited to Italian football, and he will base his next decision on where his family wants to live.

"I have said that when I think of Celtic I think of warmth and love," Boruc said in the Daily Record.
    "But at this moment I want to play in a better league and aim for the highest target.
    "As for Celtic, though, I would always consider a proposal from them.
    "What is really important in my life is my family and I would listen to what they have to say because I need them to be happy.
    "I have enjoyed my time in Florence but it seems to me that this is not my league. I would like to go and play in a better one."

Uploads

Thiago Silva: Linked with a move to PSG

MILAN - SILVA GOING NOWHERE

AC Milan insist Paris St Germain target Thiago Silva is not for sale.
    Reports in France claim the Brazil international is close to completing a move to the big-spending Ligue 1 side.
    According to today's local press, PSG have increased their bid to sign the 27-year-old defender to 50million euros and AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani is on his way to Paris to finalise the deal.
    However, AC Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida has brushed aside those reports and said to Sky Italia: "Be calm, we will not sell Thiago."
    Silva, who is under contract with Milan until June 2016, is also a reported target of Manchester City, Chelsea and Barcelona.
    The Brazilian joined Milan in 2009 from Fluminense after previous unsuccessful spells in Europe with FC Porto and Dynamo Moscow.
    He made 27 league appearances for Milan last season.

Uploads

Mike Pollitt: Signs new deal

VETERAN POLLITT STAYING WITH WIGAN

Wigan goalkeeper Mike Pollitt has agreed a new one-year deal to extend his stay with the Latics into an eighth season.
    The 40 year-old was the club's first Premier League signing in 2005 and, with his current short-term deal - signed last summer - due to expire, he has been handed an extension for a further 12 months.
    Pollitt has spent most of his time at the DW Stadium as a back-up, reflected in his tally of just 50 appearances in all competitions under four different managers, and last featured for Wigan's first team in a FA Cup tie in February 2011.

"Above all Mike is a fantastic goalkeeper, whose experience and professionalism sets a high standard in training every day," manager Roberto Martinez told wiganlatics.co.uk.
    "He has had to be patient for opportunities on the pitch, but his commitment is never questioned and for the younger members of our squad he remains the example to follow, and we're delighted to have him with us next season."

Uploads

Alessandro Matri: Says he's going nowhere

MATRI RULES OUT FIORENTINA MOVE

Juventus striker Alessandro Matri has denied reports he will join Fiorentina this summer.
    Matri is a rumoured target for the Viola but the 27-year-old has no intention of leaving the Italian champions any time soon.
    "I am going nowhere," Matri said to Sportitalia. "I will remain with the Bianconeri."
    Matri joined Juve last year from Cagliari and is under contract with the Turin giants until June 2017.
    He scored 10 goals in 31 league appearances last season.

Uploads

Stevan Jovetic: Linked with a move away

FIORENTINA KEEN TO RETAIN JOVETIC

Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade hopes the Serie A outfit can keep hold of striker Stevan Jovetic.
    The Montenegro international has been strongly linked with a move away from Florence this summer, with Napoli and Juventus among the clubs keen to acquire his services.
    However, Fiorentina are not looking to cash in on the 22-year-old, who has a contract with the Viola until June 2016
    "Our wish is to keep Jovetic," Prade said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "The player will have to tell us whether he wants to stay or go.

"We have not received any offers for any player and that includes Jovetic but the transfer market is open until August 31.
    "However, Jovetic is under contract with us and we want to build the team around him."
    Jovetic, who joined Fiorentina from Partizan Belgrade in 2008, scored 14 league goals in 27 appearances for the Tuscan outfit last season.

Uploads

Jan Wouters: New deal

WOUTERS STAYING WITH UTRECHT

FC Utrecht coach Jan Wouters has signed a new 12-month deal at the club despite speculation he was due to be replaced in the role by Co Adriaanse.
    Reports in Holland suggested Wouters was to step aside and Adriaanse brought in, but the club announced this morning the former Holland midfielder was to extend his stay at the Stadion Galgenwaard.

"We are united in our determination that we want to return to the familiar style of FC Utrecht," FC Utrecht chief executive Wilco van Schaik said.
    "Technical, attacking football, with guts. Football that fits the vision and image of the club. Jan shares this view like no other."
    FC Utrecht finished 11th in the Eredivisie last season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast