Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 13-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 13-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 13-06-2012

Jussi Jaaskelainen: Deal agreed with West Ham

HAMMERS 'SEAL JUSSI JAASKELAINEN DEAL'

West Ham United have reportedly agreed a deal with Bolton goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.
    The Finnish ace has turned down the chance to remain at the Reebok Stadium following the Trotters' relegation last season.
    The keeper has agreed a two-year deal at Upton Park, according to Sky Sports.
    The Hammers are expected to confirm the deal shortly, with the 37-year-old officially joining on July 1 when the transfer window opens for the summer.

The move will see Jaaskelainen reunited with his former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce.
    West Ham are looking to bolster their goalkeeping options after England keeper Robert Green turned down the chance to extend his stay with the club.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-06-2012

Harry Redknapp: Blasted rumours

REDKNAPP REJECTS EXIT RUMOURS

Harry Redknapp last night denied speculation that he has resigned as Tottenham boss, describing the rumours as "scandalous".
    Redknapp was moved to discredit a wave of speculation in which it was claimed he had quit with a year still to run on his Spurs contract.
    Negotiations over a new deal have stalled since the start of the year when the 65-year-old was linked with the then vacant England manager's job.
    In the past week Redknapp has made it known he would be uncomfortable heading into the new season without a longer deal while also defending his relationship with chairman Daniel Levy.
    And the former Portsmouth boss was again forced on the back foot last night as he denied more exit rumours, telling ESPN: "No, I haven't resigned, and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned.
    "This is an outrage; an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet.
    "It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I?
    "I have a year left on my contract."
    Earlier this week Redknapp denied suggestions he was being courted by a club in Qatar after telling Tottenham to speed up negotiations to keep him at White hart Lane.
    "The simple situation is, I've got a year left on my contract. It's up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that contract or not," he said.
    "If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, it's not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left.

"It's not a case of me looking for security. What it's about is players knowing you've only got one year left on your contract and knowing that it doesn't work, basically.
    "I think it's a situation of, 'well, he might not be here next year'.
    "You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good, and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good.
    "It's up to Tottenham. If they think I'm okay and I've done a decent job and deserve an extension, they'll give it to me.
    "If Daniel doesn't think I'm worth it, that's up to him, that's up to the club. There's nothing I can do about it."

Uploads

Nick Powell: Relishing Old Trafford switch

NICK POWELL HAS PREMIER AMBITION

Manchester United new-boy Nick Powell cannot wait to get his first taste of Barclays Premier League action.
    Powell's 4million move from Crewe was confirmed yesterday.
    The 18-year-old has signed a four-year contract with the Old Trafford outfit and whilst there has been some suggestion he might be loaned out by Sir Alex Ferguson, so far there has been no confirmation to that effect.
    Instead, Powell is likely to join the Red Devils on their pre-season tour of South Africa and China before the new top-flight campaign begins in August.

"It really is a dream come true to be signing for Manchester United," said Powell.
    "I have had a great time at Crewe and would like to thank them for helping me to develop as a player over the past 13 years.
    "I'm excited about continuing my development with Sir Alex and the world-class players in the squad.
    "The thought of making the step up to the Premier League next year is an exciting prospect.
    "I can't wait to get started."

It remains to be seen whether Powell will be selected in England's squad for this summer's European Under-19 Championships.
    However, given his annoyance at the potential disruption caused by the Olympics later this summer, Sir Alex Ferguson would presumably be unimpressed at Powell's absence for a tournament that runs from July 3-15 in Estonia.
    Ferguson is delighted with his latest capture, which comes shortly before Paul Pogba's anticipated departure for Juventus.
    Born in Crewe, Powell grew up in nearby Sandbach.

His promise was spotted at an early age and was just 16 when he made his senior debut.
    Powell's last appearance for Crewe came in the npower League Two play-off final at Wembley in May when he scored in the victory over Cheltenham.
    "We have scouted Nick for months now," said manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is an exceptional talent and has been schooled well at Crewe.
    "I'm delighted he has chosen to come to United.
    "He has a lot to offer and we are all looking forward to working with him."

Uploads

Andoni Zubizarreta: One-year extension

ANDONI ZUBIZARRETA PENS NEW DEAL

Barcelona have agreed a one-year contract extension with sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta.
    The 50-year-old Zubizarreta, whose previous deal was due to expire next summer, is now tied to the Primera Division giants until June 30, 2014. There is also a clause in the agreement that would see the contract extended for an additional two years.
    Former Barca and Spain goalkeeper Zubizarreta became sporting director at the Nou Camp in July 2010 after replacing fellow Basque Txiki Begiristain.

Uploads

Laudrup: Could be appointed before the end of the week

MICHAEL LAUDRUP 'SET FOR SWANSEA'

Barcelona and Real Madrid legend Michael Laudrup is reportedly set to be named the new manager of Swansea City.
    Sky Sources understand the 47-year-old has emerged as the leading candidate to succeed Brendan Rodgers, who left the Liberty Stadium at the beginning of June to join Liverpool.
    Swansea initially targeted Wigan assistant boss Graeme Jones, but talks broke down and they have since been looking at other options.
    Chairman Huw Jenkins has been heading up Swansea's search for a new boss and the likes of Blackpool's Ian Holloway and Brighton's Gus Poyet have been linked with the position.

Former France international Marcel Desailly is said to have turned down an approach, but Laudrup is now the man Swansea want.
    Talks will take place with the Dane, who has managed with Getafe and Mallorca, and an appointment could be made by the end of the week.

Uploads

Nick Powell: Manchester United switch

MAN UNITED SWOOP FOR POWELL

Manchester United have completed the capture of England Under-18 international Nick Powell from Crewe on a four-year deal.
    The Red Devils have been monitoring Powell for some time and have beaten off interest from Everton to sign him.
    United have confirmed the youngster has passed a medical and will join the club at the beginning of July.
    "We have scouted Nick for months now," said manager Sir Alex Ferguson. "He is an exceptional talent and has been schooled well at Crewe.
    "I'm delighted he has chosen to come to United.
    "He has a lot to offer and we are all looking forward to working with him."
    Born in Crewe, Powell grew up in nearby Sandbach. His promise was spotted at an early age and was just 16 when he made his senior debut.
    Powell's last appearance for Crewe came in the League Two play-off final at Wembley in May when he scored in the victory over Cheltenham.

It had been suggested Powell will be loaned back to Crewe, although this idea has apparently been rejected.
    An attacking midfielder, he is likely to fill the void created by Paul Pogba's imminent exit for Juventus.
    "It really is a dream come true to be signing for Manchester United," said Powell.
    "I have had a great time at Crewe and would like to thank them for helping me to develop as a player over the past 13 years.
    "I'm excited about continuing my development with Sir Alex and the world class players in the squad.
    "The thought of making the step up to the Premier League next year is an exciting prospect.
    "I can't wait to get started."

Uploads

Djourou: Committed to Arsenal

DJOUROU HAPPY AT ARSENAL

Johan Djourou has denied reports he is agitating for a move away from Arsenal.
    The Gunners' longest-serving player started just 14 Premier League games last season and struggled for form.
    Reports this month claimed the 25-year-old is seeking a move to Spain or Italy, with Napoli among those interested.
    But Djourou said: "I just want to deny what has been in the press about my transfer. It isn't true at all. I have been at Arsenal for 10 years now and I am always committed."

The Switzerland centre-half was a key member of Arsenal's defence during the 2010/11 season but found his opportunities limited following Per Mertesacker's arrival and Thomas Vermaelen's return to fitness.
    His form suffered following a poor spell out of position at right-back over the Christmas period.

Uploads

Jonas Olsson: Linked with Spurs move

OLSSON HAPPY WITH CLARKE APPOINTMENT

Jonas Olsson has given his backing to new West Brom manager Steve Clarke, but the Sweden defender will make no decision on his future until after Euro 2012.
    The 29-year-old is preparing to face Clarke's predecessor at the Hawthorns, new England boss Roy Hodgson, in Friday's group encounter in Kiev.
    Olsson has only one year left of his current Albion deal and has been strongly linked with a summer move to Tottenham.
    "I think Steve Clarke can do very well for us," said the Swede. "I spoke to him briefly the other day and he seems like a nice man.
    "He has done well with the teams he has coached so I am happy.

"I think it is a good appointment and I think he will do well for West Brom."
    When asked whether Clarke could persuade Olsson to stay at West Brom, he said: "It's not in my focus right now, my future at West Brom.
    "I'm just going to focus on this tournament and the game on Friday against England.
    "I've said all along I would think about my own position after the European Championships and nothing has changed.
    "I'm just concentrating on trying to help Sweden get the two wins we need after losing to Ukraine to ensure we qualify without having to worry about other results."

Uploads

Maicon: Inter future in doubt

INTER UNDECIDED OVER MAICON

Inter Milan have yet to make a decision on whether to keep defender Maicon or sell him to one of the many clubs interested in his signature.
    The Brazil international is a wanted man on the transfer market, and the Nerazzurri outfit could cash in on a player who has one year left on his contract.
    Maicon has been strongly linked with Paris St Germain, while he is also a reported target of Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid.
    "We first have to decide if we want to sell Maicon," Inter president Massimo Moratti said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "Only then can we evaluate what to do.
    "PSG are nevertheless building a superb team."
    The 30-year-old full-back joined Inter from Monaco in 2006 and Maicon's agent recently revealed his client is considering a move away from the San Siro after six years at the club.

Maicon made 24 league appearances for Inter last season.
    (reopens) Meanwhile, Inter have yet to make an offer to sign Udinese goalkeeper Samir Handanovic.
    The Slovenian international has been strongly linked with a move away from the Friuli outfit.
    Handanovic is widely regarded as one of the best keepers in Serie A and is a reported target of Inter as well as Tottenham.
    "We had a meeting with Inter last week," Udinese sporting director Fabrizio Larini said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "They have expressed an interest in him but nothing else.
    "We know that Handanovic is a player that Inter would like to have, but we don't want to sell.
    "We will listen to offers but that doesn't mean we will accept them.
    "Each offer will be evaluated as it should be before a decision is taken."
    Handanovic moved to Udinese eight years ago and is under contract with the Friuli outfit until June 2016.

Uploads

Morris: Bristol City deal

JODY MORRIS MAKES CITY SWITCH

Former Chelsea midfielder Jody Morris has joined Bristol City.
    The 33-year-old, who is a free agent after being released by St Johnstone, has signed a one-year contract at Ashton Gate.
    City manager Derek McInnes, who bossed Morris at the SPL club, told the Robins' official website: "Jody is someone I know well and someone I trust. I know about his dedication to performing, not only on a matchday, but also in training throughout the week.
    "I feel it is important we bring in the right players and also the right types and Jody fits that bracket. He was a vital part of my team at St Johnstone and I'm looking forward to working with him again here at Bristol City.

"Jody has excellent experience as well as superb fitness levels and I know he is capable of performing well in the Championship on a regular basis."
    Morris made 124 appearances for Chelsea, winning FA Cup and Cup Winners' Cup medals, and has also played for Leeds, Rotherham and Millwall.
    Meanwhile, defender Joe Edwards has signed a new one-year contract.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast