Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Robben: Reportedly unpopular in the Bayern dressing room

    ARJEN ROBBEN 'GOING NOWHERE'

    Arjen Robben's father is adamant the Holland international will not leave Bayern Munich this summer.
    Rumours have been circulating regarding the former Chelsea winger's future after suggestions his Bayern team-mates are unhappy with his ego.
    France and Bayern star Franck Ribery recently implied he was not a close friend with Robben, which fuelled rumours of the latter's unpopularity.


    But Robben is under contract until the summer of 2015, having only signed a new deal in May.
    And his father, Hans Robben, told Sport-Bild weekly: "Arjen is under contract with Bayern Munich. Arjen leaving Bayern is ruled out.
    "He will play for Bayern Munich next season, no matter what."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Giovanni Trapattoni: Tough Euro 2012

    TRAPATTONI: I DESERVE TO STAY

    Giovanni Trapattoni has insisted he deserves to lead the Republic of Ireland into the World Cup qualifying campaign despite their poor showing at Euro 2012.
    The 73-year-old Italian offered a defiant defence of his reign less than 24 hours after a 4-0 drubbing by reigning champions Spain confirmed Ireland's early exit from the competition.
    But amid criticism of his selection policy and the performances against both Croatia and the Spaniards, Trapattoni, who was awarded a new two-year deal in the wake of the Republic's qualification for the tournament, was adamant he and his coaching team were going nowhere.
    He said: "I think we deserve [to stay]. We have a reason because we achieved qualification after 24 years.


    "If you read the names when we came, see how many players are still in this team and how many players are still in the others.
    "That is our right to stay. I have more enthusiasm to stay than you and your colleagues. The Irish people can decide.
    "The people yesterday at 3-0 were still applauding, our people, and we must be proud. I repeated today to the players, we must be proud of this country and four our supporters.
    "I know your jobs, after 40 years, I know the job of the reporter."
    Trapattoni and his players will attempt to end their all-too-brief involvement in Poland and Ukraine with victory over the manager's native Italy in Poznan on Monday night, and he will then turn his attention to the task of taking the nation to the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil.
    He will do so amid speculation that some of his senior players may decide the time has come to retire from the international stage.
    Goalkeeper Shay Given is the elder statesman in a group of thirty-somethings which also includes central defender Richard Dunne, midfielder Damien Duff and skipper Robbie Keane, although Trapattoni revealed he has had no indication yet that any of them intend to call it a day.
    He said: "At this moment, nobody has to me that they wish to retire. Maybe, but I don't know. I know our captain is proud.


    "I don't know, but I think not. We can decide. At this moment, we have a squad which is good enough to continue in this new campaign."
    Ireland, so competitive in qualification, have failed to scale the same heights in Poland, admittedly in the face of stern opposition from the Croatians and in particular Spain, who were simply too strong for them.
    Trapattoni admitted in the immediate aftermath of a game in which they once again conceded during the opening minutes that his players had been shackled by a fear and a tension he had not seen in them before, and his opinion had not changed after a second viewing of proceedings at the PGE Arena in Gdansk.
    He said: "Usually when I lose, I don't sleep. I watched the game again and Spain were very, very strong, they were superior to us in every position on the pitch.
    "Maybe, maybe it was the impact of the Euros. It's not a friendly, it's not a qualifier, it's very, very different.
    "Many teams have players who play in the Champions League, play for their national teams, play in the Europa League - they have the habit, they have personality. It is clear.
    "Some of our players don't have the habit to play in this international game because they sometimes are on the bench and sometimes play [for their clubs].
    "But we have these players and I am proud to have these players. We achieved qualification with these players and I must have respect for these players because they achieved this after 24 years.


    "I can't say, 'You are not able'. I can say, 'You can, you can'. That is my duty."
    Trapattoni, who defended his decision to deploy striker Simon Cox in a midfield role, something he abandoned at half-time, hinted he may make further changes for the Italy game.
    However, he will not do so to the extent that he could be accused of opening the door for his own country to rescue themselves by handing them the victory they need to challenge for qualification.
    He said: "If we change now and suppose Italy beat Ireland, what do you think Spain and the other teams would say? That I maybe made it easy because I changed two or three players.
    "You know the first rule of the manager? The manager must put on the pitch the strongest team, that is the number one rule.
    "Maybe I will make changes, but not one, two, three, four, five."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Robert Lewandowski: Not concerned by rumours

    LEWANDOWSKI COOLS EXIT TALK

    Robert Lewandowski has again cooled speculation that he could be on the move this summer after insisting he remains 'under contract' to Borussia Dortmund.
    The Poland international opened the scoring at Euro 2012 courtesy of his header against Greece a week ago and he entered the tournament on the back of another stellar season for Dortmund.
    He was named the Bundesliga's player of the year after helping Dortmund to retain their title, but he has been linked with a summer departure.
    Poland coach Franciszek Smuda had claimed prior to the 1-1 draw with Greece that Lewandowski was on his way to Manchester United, comments which drew an angry response from Dortmund.


    Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has also been mooted as an admirer of the 23-year-old, but Dortmund are determined not to sell the striker, who is under contract for a further two years.
    Lewandowski is unruffled by the speculation and believes a joke made by his agent may have led to some of the rumours concerning his future.


    "My agent has been in demand," Lewandowski told kicker-Sportmagazin.
    "They asked him if he had a meeting with Mourinho because people have seen Mourinho in Warsaw.
    "My agent then tried to make a joke, saying that Mourinho would sign me if I scored four times during Euro 2012.
    "I do not care what my agent is doing. I am under contract with Borussia Dortmund."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Alan Dzagoev: Has impressed in Euro 2012

    DZAGOEV FOCUS ONLY ON EURO 2012

    Russia playmaker Alan Dzagoev says he will only think about his future after Euro 2012 as he continues to be linked with a move away from CSKA Moscow.
    Dzagoev has enjoyed a blistering start to the European Championship and has scored three goals in Russia's opening two games against the Czech Republic and co-hosts Poland.
    The 21-year-old has long been touted as one of the best prospects in European football and he is out of contract at CSKA in December.
    Arsenal have most recently been linked with a bid for the attacker, although Dzagoev has previously suggested he would be interested in joining Chelsea if he were to move to the Premier League.


    He remains keen to eventually play for a different club, but is happy to put thoughts of a transfer on the back-burner until Russia's involvement in Euro 2012 is over.
    "Of course, I have the desire to try myself in other clubs in Europe," said Dzagoev prior to Russia's final group game against Greece on Saturday.
    "But I'll think about it only after the tournament. Now I'm doing my own job here."
    Dzagoev also believes that, despite scoring three times and earning plenty of plaudits, he has yet to hit his best form in the tournament.
    He added: "I don't think that I've played two good games. Yes, I scored in the second game, but it wasn't as good as the first game. I lost a lot of balls."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Gennaro Gattuso: Had been linked with a return to Ibrox

    GATTUSO SIGNS FOR SION

    Former Italy midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has agreed a two-year deal with FC Sion, the Swiss club announced on Friday.
    The 34-year-old was released by AC Milan at the end of last season after 13 years at the Serie A club.
    He had been linked with a return to former employers Rangers, but the uncertainty surrounding their future prompted Gattuso to look elsewhere.
    Sion announced the player's arrival on their official website, presenting him at a press conference this afternoon.
    Gattuso twice won the Serie A title with Milan, as well as two Champions League trophies. He was also a member of Italy's World Cup winning squad in 2006.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Stevie May: New St Johnstone deal

    STEVIE MAY PENS NEW SAINTS DEAL

    St Johnstone striker Stevie May has signed a one-year contract extension at McDiarmid Park, the Perth side have confirmed.
    The 19-year-old impressed on loan at Alloa at the end of last season as the Wasps won the Irn-Bru Third Division.
    May netted 19 goals and earned the Irn-Bru Third Division Player of the Year and Scottish Football League Young Player of the Year awards.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Eddie Howe: Pleased to sign Luke O'Neill

    BURNLEY SWOOP FOR O'NEILL

    Burnley have completed the signing of Mansfield full-back Luke O'Neill for an undisclosed fee.
    The two clubs came to a financial agreement earlier in the week and the 21-year-old former Leicester defender has penned a two-year deal a Turf Moor.
    After making three senior appearances for the Foxes and cutting his teeth during loan spells with Tranmere and Kettering, former England Under-17 international O'Neill joined the Stags last summer and played a key role in their run to the Blue Square Bet Premier play-offs.


    Burnley boss Eddie Howe said: "As a manager you always want players snapping at the heels of those wearing the shirts. To do that we need to build a squad. To be successful you need that strength in depth and Luke is a welcome addition.
    "He is in the attacking mould and likes to get forward. He has a lot of assists to his name and although he prefers right-back, he can play in a variety of positions across the back.


    "He brings that versatility and has huge potential. Luke is a player who has done it the hard way by dropping down to Conference level.
    "He is hungry, has played for England at Under-17 level and has gained experience of league football at several clubs, so we look forward to working with him and hopefully improving him as a player."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Robert Olejnik: Wanted by Posh

    POSH ON THE HUNT FOR OLEJNIK

    Peterborough have made three enquiries for Torquay's Robert Olejnik as manager Darren Ferguson steps up his search for a new goalkeeper.
    Olejnik, 25, only joined the Gulls last summer from Falkirk and kept 20 clean sheets as Torquay made the League Two play-offs.
    Posh are on the look-out for a new first-choice keeper after both Joe Lewis and Paul Jones left the club this summer, and it appears Olejnik is the man they want.


    "Peterborough have made three enquiries in all for Bobby," Gulls boss Martin Ling told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire. "He is the best stopper I've ever worked with."
    Olejnik signed a new contract until 2014 in February at Plainmoor, which puts Torquay in a strong bargaining position as they look to hold on to their star man.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Fabio (L) and Rafael (R): Twin brothers

    RAFAEL CLOSE TO NEW UNITED DEAL

    Rafael's agent claims the full-back is set to sign a new contract at Manchester United and that his twin brother Fabio is ready to join Queens Park Rangers on loan.
    Brazil international Rafael has made over 80 appearances for United since joining the club in 2008, although his opportunities have been restricted by injury.
    The 21-year-old is an important part of the Red Devils' future plans and reports suggest he is ready to finalise an extension to stay at Old Trafford until 2016.
    His agent Cassiano Pereira told Estadao ESPN: "Rafael is very happy to stay at Manchester United, who are one of the giants of world football and always play in Europe's biggest competitions.
    "Manchester United are the club that opened the door to Europe for him. He is loved, respected and has prestige at the club.
    "We are all very happy that he is renewing his contract."
    However, Rafael's sibling Fabio is set to head out on loan next season to build up his first-team experience and is being lined up for a switch to QPR.
    Fabio has made 53 appearances for United and was a target for Benfica, but Pereira says staying in the Premier League will be more beneficial for the defender's long-term career.


    Pereira added: "Fabio is a promising player and he needs to play. Because of that, Alex Ferguson suggested that he be loaned out to get more experience.
    "He is a sought-after player because he is still young, and we think that his transfer to QPR was the best decision at the time.
    "We received some offers from Germany and Portugal, but he preferred to stay in England to remain in touch with the country's football style and so that he would not have a problem to adapt to it when he returned to United."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-2012

    Ryan Nelsen: Set to join QPR

    NELSEN CONFIRMS QPR MOVE

    Veteran centre-back Ryan Nelsen has confirmed he has agreed a deal to join Queens Park Rangers on a one-year contract after passing a medical.
    Nelsen made eight appearances after arriving at Spurs on a short-term deal from Blackburn Rovers and his move to QPR will throw up a reunion with Mark Hughes.
    The New Zealand international was signed for Blackburn by Hughes from DC United midway through the 2004/05 season and he made over 200 appearances during his time at Ewood Park.


    He admits the chance to play under Hughes again was too good to pass up and he is hoping he can make a contribution for QPR next season.
    "I owe him pretty much everything. He gave me my chance (at Blackburn in 2005),'' Nelsen told Fairfax.
    "That was a big factor. I know Mark and his staff really well, and they all really helped me when I was first over here in England, so it's nice to go full circle towards the end of my career. Hopefully, I can still help them out.''


    Although QPR narrowly avoided relegation from the Premier League last term, Nelsen believes he has made the right choice and is excited about the club's potential.
    He added: "They've got a lot of ambition - it seems like it's going to be a good fit."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 09-03-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 23:54:44
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 08-03-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 16:45:03
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 07-03-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 14:08:08
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 27-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27-02-2012, 23:29:23
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 23-01-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 21:12:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •