Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-2012

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Insists he is happy at Milan

ZLATAN DENIES PSG RUMOURS

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has again denied rumours he is keen on joining Paris St Germain.
    The 30-year-old Sweden international has been the subject of continued speculation that Qatari-backed PSG are keen to splash over 30million to take him to France.
    However the former Barcelona striker, who is currently on international duty with Sweden at Euro 2012, has once again played down talk of a transfer and insists he is happy at the Rossoneri.

"I didn't talk to my Milan officials during the Euros, but I am staying at Milan," he told L'Equipe.
    "I still have two years remaining on my contract and I want to fulfil it."
    Big-spending PSG have already had one failed raid on Milan, with the Serie A giants rejecting a bid in the region of 46million [37.4m] for defender Thiago Silva earlier this week.

Ibrahimovic sees that as another reason to stay at the San Siro as it proves the club's ambition and determination to keep their best stars.
    "The fact Thiago Silva will not go to PSG shows Milan remains an ambitious club," he added. "A big club doesn't sell its best players."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-2012

Gaston Ramirez: Linked with a move
    RAMIREZ MAY STAY AT BOLOGNA

Bologna playmaker Gaston Ramirez could remain at the club next season if no suitable offers arrive for the Uruguay international this summer.
    Ramirez is a reported target of Manchester City, Inter Milan, Liverpool and Wolfsburg.
    However, the Serie A club have yet to receive an official offer for the 21-year-old, who is reportedly valued at 25million euros.
    "For the time being there is nothing new," Bologna sporting director Roberto Zanzi said to www.tuttomercatoweb.com.
    "We cannot forget that the player has a contract with us and we have a lot of faith in him.

"Whoever wants him, will have to talk to us first."
    Ramirez joined Bologna from Penarol in 2010. He scored eight goals in 33 league appearances last season to help the Rossoblu finish ninth in Serie A.
    The South American is tied to the club until June 2016.

Uploads

Ryan Nelsen: Joins QPR

RYAN NELSEN AGREES QPR DEAL

QPR have announced they have agreed a deal to sign Ryan Nelsen on a one-year contract when his Tottenham contract expires at the end of June.

Uploads

Steve Clarke: In charge at West Brom

STEVE CLARKE READY TO GET TOUGH

New West Brom head coach Steve Clarke accepts he will have to develop a more ruthless streak as he prepares for his first season taking charge of a team.
    Having always been an assistant during a coaching career lasting over a decade, the 48-year-old Scot now has full responsibility for his own decisions.
    He knows that means he will have to adapt the approach which has served him well under spells with Jose Mourinho, the late Sir Bobby Robson and, most recently, Kenny Dalglish.
    "I think I will need to be a bit more selfish now I'm a head coach - I'll have to be very clear with my ideas," said Clarke, whose first competitive match in charge will be at home to his previous employers Liverpool.

"I will also have to be a bit more ruthless. When you're the assistant, you can be nice to almost everybody.
    "But as a head coach, even though you want to be nice to everybody, at the end of the day you can only pick 11 players plus seven substitutes.
    "There is always going to be a number of players who are not particularly happy that they're not in the team for whatever reason.
    "That's something I'll have to deal with - but it's something I'm comfortable with and ready for."
    Clarke has already started laying plans for the transfer market and while he is keen to hold on to players in the squad he inherited from Roy Hodgson he is looking to build where he can.

"I've been looking at the squad and deciding where we need to strengthen and what we need to do to improve," he told wba.co.uk.
    "It has been very productive. I've met a lot of good people that have made me feel welcome. It feels great to be here.
    "This is a really well-established club. The board have also helped make me feel really at home. From the moment I got here, I knew this was the right club for me.

"One of the first things I did was have a meeting with all the scouts just to see which players the club have been looking at over the last six months to a year.
    "I've got lots of reports to read through and lots of DVDs to watch. I've been spending a lot of time going through them.
    "There have been some long days already but it's all part of the job."

Uploads

Dorin Goian: Wants to stay at Ibrox

GOIAN KEEN TO STAY AT RANGERS

Romania defender Dorin Goian hopes to stay at Rangers but will seek talks if the Glasgow side are not part of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League next season.
    Goian played 33 games for Rangers last season after moving from Italian side Palermo, but says he has had no contact from Ibrox as the club battle for their future.
    "I have two years left on my contract and want to come back to Rangers," Goian, 31, told the Daily Record.
    "But if the situation is going to be like this and we are playing in a lower division, all of the players are going to need to have a discussion with the new owner.

"For every one of the players at the club it is a strange time. I just hope things settle down, but no-one has called me to tell me anything one way or another.
    "I'll be honest and say I'm not frustrated that I have not been called. I will try to take the opposite view and consider that no news is good news."

Uploads

Ezequiel Lavezzi: Heading for Paris

LAVEZZI SET FOR PARIS MATCH

Ezequiel Lavezzi claims his arrival at Paris St Germain is now "a mere formality" as he waits to conclude a summer move from Napoli.
    The Argentina international has been linked with a big-money exit from Italian football for some time, with Europe's richest clubs prepared to dig deep in an effort to acquire his services.

Few sides could afford to lure him away from Naples, but PSG boast the kind of spending power required to secure the best in the business.
    Lavezzi was understood to feature prominently on the shopping lists of Premier League clubs this summer, while ambitious Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala were also believed to be in the running for his signature.
    It is, however, looking increasingly likely that he will be turning out in France next season.

The 27-year-old, who has spent the last five years in Serie A, says a deal with PSG is almost done and he expects a transfer to be pushed through in the next few days.
    "I have not yet signed for PSG," Lavezzi told canal-supporters.com. "We have to set a date, but it is a mere formality."

Uploads

Fernando Llorente: Linked with a move

BILBAO STAND FIRM OVER LLORENTE

Athletic Bilbao insist they would not sell Fernando Llorente for less than his release clause, which is close to 30million.
    The Spain international marksman is being linked with a move away from San Mames, despite signing a new long-term deal last season.
    His current deal has a 36million (29million) buy-out clause and the club have reaffirmed they would not take a lesser fee.
    "He is a key player and we would not accept less, the supporters would not accept this," said president Josu Urrutia.

Many of Europe's top clubs have been linked with Llorente but he is settled and insists his head has not been turned in recent weeks.
    "Now I am only focused on the national side, my situation with Athletic has not changed," he said.

Uploads

Massimiliano Allegri: Thankful to president

ALLEGRI HAPPY TO KEEP TOP NAMES

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has thanked club owner Silvio Berlusconi for not selling the team's top assets this summer.
    The Rossoneri club turned down an offer of 50million euros from Paris Saint-Germain last week for their Brazilian defender Thiago Silva.
    Moreover, the Italian giants confirmed that star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will also remain at the San Siro despite the Sweden international being targeted by top European clubs.

"Thiago Silva will stay and that is a great gift from our president," Allegri said.
    "It's a great present that Berlusconi has given me and the fans. Also Ibrahimovic will remain.
    "This is proof that the club has no intention to dismantle the team."

Uploads

Sol Bamba: On the move

SOL BAMBA OFF TO TURKEY

Sol Bamba has left Leicester for Turkish club Trabzonspor.
    City accepted an undisclosed offer for the Ivory Coast centre-half, who joined 17 months ago from Hibernian.
    And Bamba leaves the King Power Stadium having scored four goals in 55 appearances.
    The 27-year-old's departure followed last month's signing of defender Ritchie de Laet from Manchester United.

Uploads

Nelsen: Joins QPR along with Johnson

NELSEN AND JOHNSON HEADING FOR QPR

QPR manager Mark Hughes continued his rebuilding plans for next season with the double signing of striker Andrew Johnson and defender Ryan Nelsen on free transfers.
    Hughes worked with former England frontman Johnson, 31, during their time at Fulham, while Nelsen played under the Welshman during his seven years at Blackburn.
    He will sign on at Loftus Road following the end of his contract at Tottenham.
    Johnson feels he is joining Rangers at an exciting time, the west-London club having secured another season in the top flight on the final day, despite a last-gasp defeat at champions Manchester City.
    "I have worked closely with Mark before and there are also players here that I have played with previously, including Bobby Zamora and Shaun Derry," Johnson told www.qpr.co.uk.
    "Those were factors in me joining, but this is a big, big club.
    "I have spoken to the chairman and Mark, who both have great ambition for QPR, and it is something that I wanted to be a part of.
    "Mark told me about the plans for a new training ground and how the club wants to go forward. That really excited me."

New Zealander Nelson, 34, joined Spurs in January after seven years at Blackburn where he played under Hughes.
    Nelson has penned a one-year deal with Rangers and admitted reuniting with his old boss was a "massive draw".
    He said: "I like his winning attitude. He and all his staff just have an absolute desire to win, and that's what the Premier League is all about.
    "If you haven't got that, you won't be successful.

"The owners have got fantastic ambition and it's exciting to become a part of that.
    "There is a real buzz about the place and it is a privilege to be here."
    Hughes expects Nelsen, who is set to play for his country at the Olympic Games, will add some much-needed Premier League experience to the Rangers team.
    "I know what he is all about and what he can offer us, both on and off the pitch," said Hughes, who took charge at Loftus Road in January, replacing Neil Warnock.
    "He is a fantastic professional with a great work ethic and it will benefit the younger lads in the group to see how he goes about his work.
    "Ryan has got great experience in the Premier League and that is something our squad is lacking a little bit at present."
    QPR will kick off the new campaign at home to Swansea on the opening day.
    Assistant manager Mark Bowen accepts it will be form away from Loftus Road which will be key to avoiding another relegation scrap.
    Bowen said: "We know what we and the fans can produce at home, but we need to replicate that away.
    "If we want to push on as a club we need to address it as soon as possible."

After a trip to Norwich, QPR play champions Manchester City, host Chelsea and then are at Tottenham.
    Bowen added: "We will need to get some points on the board from those first two games, because the next three are very tough on paper - but that is the Premier League in a nut-shell.
    "There are no easy games at all in this division, which is why it is one of the best in the world."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast