Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 19-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 19-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 19-06-2012

Giovanni Trapattoni's Euro 2012 dream is over

KEANE: TRAPATTONI GOING NOWHERE

Robbie Keane has insisted there is "no chance" of Giovanni Trapattoni's job as Republic of Ireland manager coming under threat, despite their European Championship nightmare.
    Ireland's Euro 2012 adventure ended with another defeat on Monday night as Italy beat them 2-0 in Poznan to leave them with no points in three games.
    Trapattoni has declared his intention to continue into next season's World Cup qualifying campaign but the team's performance in Poland and Ukraine has raised question marks as to whether, at 73, he is the right man to lead them forward.
    Asked about the prospect of Trapattoni being forced out, captain Keane simply said: "No chance."

Los Angeles Galaxy striker Keane may have left little room for doubt about Trapattoni's future but the same could not be said about his own.
    Indeed, none of Ireland's veterans were making snap decisions about their international careers after Monday night's game.
    Keane and Shay Given - the two most-capped players in Ireland's history - and veteran defender Richard Dunne all insisted they would take time to consider whether they would play on.
    Damien Duff, who wore the skipper's armband to mark his 100th cap, seemed to hint his time was up, having previously revealed he had made up his mind whether to play on.
    Keane, who earned his 120th cap in Poznan, said of his future: "It's not probably the right time even to be talking about it.
    "The whole squad has come off a tournament and we're all disappointed."

Asked when the right time might be, Ireland's record goalscorer, 31, added: "I'm not even really thinking about it to be honest with you."
    Goalkeeper Given, 36, who made a record 125th Ireland appearance, said: "It's too soon straight after the game to make any rash decisions.
    "I'll sit down with my kids and my wife and my family when I get home and just see what the best plan of action is.
    "Obviously, we've got a new manager in at Aston Villa - I'd like to speak to him as well and see what the best plan is for everyone."
    Winger Duff, 33, said: "I've said I'll play until 100 for Ireland if they'd have me.
    "Sometimes, it doesn't work like that. So we'll see.

"It's more important to talk about the team and how we've done over the past month. Obviously disappointing - weren't good enough."
    Dunne, 32, who made his 76th international appearance, said: "It's very hard because we've been preparing for this and dreaming. You don't want to be thinking about the finish.
    "Now probably is the time for whoever has thought about it to have a month away and make a decision in a month's time maybe.
    "You've just been hammered three times and you're probably just sick of football at the moment."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 19-06-2012

Didier Drogba: Heading for China

SHANGHAI CLOSING IN ON DROGBA

Former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba's long-expected move to big-spending Shanghai Shenhua has been confirmed by the Chinese club's owner.
    Zhu Jun claimed the 34-year-old was joining the club, but said no date for his arrival has been set and he refused to discuss terms of his contract.
    Unconfirmed reports claim Shenhua are willing to offer the Ivorian striker as much as 9.5million a year.

Backed by Zhu's online gaming fortune, Shenhua have already landed former Argentina coach Sergio Batista and Drogba's former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka.
    Drogba had also been approached by Al Wasl of the UAE, coached by Diego Maradona, but they could not match Shenhua's financial clout.

Uploads

Andrew Johnson: Joining QPR

QPR RECRUITS IMPRESSED BY AMBITION

Veteran duo Andrew Johnson and Ryan Nelsen feel they have signed for a club going places after joining QPR on free transfers.
    Mark Hughes has continued his rebuilding plans for next season with the double signing of striker Johnson and defender Nelsen, who will join up at the start of July when their contracts at Fulham and Tottenham respectively expire.
    Hughes worked with former England frontman Johnson, 31, during their time at Fulham, while Nelsen was his player at Blackburn.
    Johnson feels he is joining Rangers at an exciting time, the west-London club having secured another season in the top flight on the final day, despite a last-gasp defeat at champions Manchester City, and now under solid leadership following a boardroom takeover.
    "I have spoken to the chairman and Mark, who both have great ambition for QPR, and it is something that I wanted to be a part of," said former England striker Johnson, 31.

"I have worked closely with Mark before and there are also players here that I have played with previously, including Bobby Zamora and Shaun Derry.
    "Those were factors in me joining, but this is a big, big club.
    "Mark told me about the plans for a new training ground and how the club wants to go forward. That really excited me."
    New Zealander Nelsen, 34, joined Spurs in January after seven years at Blackburn where he played under Hughes.
    Nelsen has penned a one-year deal with Rangers and said: "There is a real buzz about the place and it is a privilege to be here.
    "The owners have got fantastic ambition and it's exciting to become a part of that."
    The defender admitted reuniting with his old boss was a "massive draw".

He said: "I like his winning attitude. He and all his staff just have an absolute desire to win, and that's what the Premier League is all about.
    "If you haven't got that, you won't be successful."
    Hughes expects Nelsen, who is set to play for his country at the Olympic Games, will add some much-needed Premier League experience to the Rangers team.
    "I know what he is all about and what he can offer us, both on and off the pitch," said the former Wales manager, who took charge at Loftus Road in January, replacing Neil Warnock.
    "He is a fantastic professional with a great work ethic and it will benefit the younger lads in the group to see how he goes about his work.
    "Ryan has got great experience in the Premier League and that is something our squad is lacking a little bit at present."

Uploads

Laurent Blanc: Allegedly in Spurs talks

TOTTENHAM 'HOLDING BLANC TALKS'

Tottenham are in preliminary negotiations with French boss Laurent Blanc to be their new manager, Sky Sports News understands.
    Blanc is one of a number of candidates Spurs are understood to be talking to following the shock departure of Harry Redknapp last week.
    Redknapp was sacked after almost four years in charge, despite leading Tottenham to fourth place in the Premier League last season.
    The north London side agonisingly missed out on Champions League qualification after Chelsea won the competition to take their place.
    Former France captain Blanc, who played for a host of clubs including Barcelona and Manchester United, began his management career at Bordeaux where he had three trophy-laden seasons before taking the national job.

He has transformed the fortunes of a French side who were in tatters after World Cup humiliation in South Africa, leading them on a 23-match unbeaten run, including a 1-1 draw with England and a 2-0 defeat of Ukraine at Euro 2012.
    Other names in the frame at Spurs include former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, Everton manager David Moyes and White Hart Lane legend Jurgen Klinsmann.

Uploads

Luuk de Jong: Scored 39 goals in 76 games for Twente

NEWCASTLE BID FOR DE JONG - REPORT

Sky Sports understand Newcastle have bid 8million (10m) for FC Twente star Luuk de Jong.
    The Premier League club have long been linked with the Holland international, who went to Euro 2012 but did not play in his nation's disappointing campaign.
    Newcastle have now made their first approach and Sky sources understand Twente are considering the offer as boss Steve McClaren thinks about the options.

The pursuit of De Jong will do little to quash reports Demba Ba is set to leave St James' Park this summer and it appears to be the case of Alan Pardew lining up replacements.
    It has in the past been reported Twente value De Jong at closer to 12.5m so it remains to be seen whether Newcastle are successful in their initial approach.

Pardew had in January shown interest in the 21-year-old but instead decided to bring in Papiss Cisse from Freiburg.
    De Jong has also been linked with Tottenham, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund after scoring 39 goals in 76 games for Twente.

Uploads

Robert Olejnik: Signs three-year Posh deal

PETERBOROUGH SIGN OLEJNIK

Peterborough have completed the signing of Torquay goalkeeper Robert Olejnik on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.
    The Austria U21 international was named in the PFA League Two team of the season last term after he kept 20 clean sheets to help the Gulls reach the play-offs.
    Olejnik will join up with his new team-mates when they return for pre-season training in early July.

"He has had a fantastic season with Torquay and is undoubtedly the best goalkeeper in that division," Posh boss Darren Ferguson told the club's official website.
    "He has got good experience in Scotland, playing over 100 games (for Falkirk) and that is important.
    "I have spoken to people in Scotland about him, we have had him watched on numerous occasions and we are happy to get him on board.
    "There is still improvement in him, but he is willing to learn, has a good attitude and it is an important position to fill and we believe we have done very well to get him in."

Uploads

Hulk: Heavily linked with Chelsea

HULK EYEING CHELSEA MOVE

Hulk has reiterated his desire to move to Chelsea this summer but admits he is willing to leave the situation in the hands of his club Porto.
    The Brazil forward has been linked with a move to the Blues as part of Champions League winners' significant summer spending spree.
    And the 25-year-old is open about the fact he wants the switch to happen.

"Chelsea are the current European champions and would please any player and I'm no exception," Hulk told O Jogo. "I'd be happy if the transfer happened."
    Much will depend on negotiations between Chelsea and Porto, who are keen to get a good price for a player under contact until 2014 and whose stock is rising having netted three goals for Brazil this summer.
    "I leave everything in the hands of Porto," added Hulk. "I am under contract and I have been happy at Porto for four years, where I have achieved everything.
    "I'll have the club in my heart no matter what happens this summer or in any other summer."

Uploads

Olivier Giroud: Closing in on Arsenal move

ARSENAL CLOSING IN ON GIROUD

Arsenal are close to completing a move for France forward Olivier Giroud, according to Montpellier's deputy president.
    Giroud, who is part of Laurent Blanc's Euro 2012 squad, is thought to command a transfer fee in the region of 13million.
    The 25-year-old scored 25 goals for his club last season to help Montpellier win the Ligue 1 title, igniting the interest of several top clubs.
    However, it appears Arsenal are set to add the promising Frenchman to their squad, which has already been bolstered by the arrival of Germany marksman Lukas Podolski.

"Discussions are happening and going well, as part of the (release) clause set. Things are moving serenely," Montpellier's deputy president Laurent Nicollin said in French newspaper Midi Libre.
    Once the deal for Giroud is complete, Arsenal could then look to offload some of their fringe players, including Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner and Morocco international Marouane Chamakh.

Uploads

Victor Moses: Chelsea bid rejected

WHELAN: BLUES' MOSES BID 'STUPID'

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan would consider selling winger Victor Moses if Chelsea made an appropriate offer but described their opening bid of less than 4million as "absolutely stupid".
    The Latics signed the Nigeria international from Crystal Palace for 2.5million in January 2010.
    He has 12 months remaining on his current contract and talks over a new deal have stalled but Whelan, in confirming Chelsea's interest, insisted he would not sell cheaply.
    "The offer that Chelsea have made is no good. It is way too low. It is rubbish," Whelan told Goal.com.
    "If the price is right we would actually consider letting him go, yes, we have to do that.
    "I have said to Chelsea 'thank you for your offer but no'. What they are offering is not enough.
    "I have not put a price-tag on Victor but let's say that what Chelsea have offered is a lot less than 4m - that is absolutely stupid."
    Whelan added on ESPN: "Chelsea would need to get realistic before we would even listen to them.
    "At the moment, they are taking the Mickey with the bid they've made."

Whelan does not want to sell the 21-year-old and believes he would benefit from continuing his development under Roberto Martinez, which is why an extension to his existing deal was offered some time ago.
    "Roberto Martinez has brought this player on and he needs at least another year with Roberto to become a top player," he added on ESPN.
    "We have offered him a new contract but it seems the agent, more than the player, wants to move him on - at least that is the impression we are getting.
    "It cannot be for the player's good. Victor Moses needs another year or two before moving to a club like Chelsea.
    "He needs games and he won't be first choice at Chelsea, I wouldn't have thought
    "We don't need to sell him with 12 months to go on his contract because he is under 24 so wouldn't be going on a free transfer.
    "Ideally we would like him to sign a new contract, or a club like Chelsea would have to be realistic."

Uploads

Mathieu Debuchy: Subject of a bid from Newcastle

NEWCASTLE DEBUCHY BID REJECTED

Lille coach Rudi Garcia has confirmed that Newcastle have made a bid for their France international full-back Mathieu Debuchy.
    However, the Ligue 1 outfit have been quick to shun the offer of 4million for the right-back insisting the Magpies must be thinking of a different player.
    Newcastle have been on Debuchy's trail for months as they seek a new right-back with Danny Simpson potentially set to leave the club after failing to agree a new contract.
    And Alan Pardew's side have now made their move for Debuchy, who has been particularly impressive for France in their opening two Euro 2012 games.

Debuchy's performances have seen the likes of Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Valencia and Inter Milan all linked and the latter were even reported to have lodged a bid last week.
    This has seemingly pushed Newcastle into making a bid and they have now lodged a 5million euros offer (4million) which falls short of Lille's valuation, reported to be nearer 6million.
    Speaking to French website 20 minutes, Garcia insisted the club are not looking to sell.
    "He is torn between staying with us and playing in the Champions League in our new stadium or going elsewhere," admitted Garcia.
    "If he does go and it is a sporting progression, then we will be happy to see him evolve - but we have not planned to replace him."
    Garcia quipped that Newcastle must have bid for the wrong player as their first offer was nowhere near enough.

"I do believe that Newcastle have faxed an offer of 4million - but they must have the wrong player," he joked.
    Garcia insists that Debuchy's rise to prominence on the back of his European Championship displays has not shocked him.
    "No [they haven't surprised me], as he plays with France as he does with us, he plays high and attacks but defensively is also very rigorous and he exudes confidence," said Garcia.
    "Without insulting Reveillere and Sagna, he is trying to show he should always be right-back for France."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast