Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-2012

Diego Milito: Reported target of Racing

MILITO TO STAY AT INTER

Diego Milito will not leave Inter Milan this summer despite the Argentina international being a target of several Turkish clubs, according to his agent.
    The 33-year-old striker, who scored 24 Serie A goals for the Nerazzurri last season, has been linked with a move away from the San Siro this summer.
    "There are offers for Milito from Turkey," Milito's agent Fernando Hidalgo told Sport Italia. "However, he will remain at Inter."
    Milito is also a reported target of Argentinian side Racing Club.
    The South American joined Inter in 2009 from Genoa and is under contract with the Nerazzurri outfit for another two seasons.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-2012

Warren: Joins Inverness

WARREN MAKES INVERNESS SWITCH

Newport County captain Gary Warren has joined Inverness on a one-year contract.
    The defender put pen to paper after arriving in the Highlands earlier this week and is now relishing the challenge of playing in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.
    The 27-year-old said: "I'm thrilled the waiting is over and that I've finally signed for Caley Thistle.
    "My girlfriend and I came up on Monday and were impressed by the city and the spectacular scenery.
    "It has been good to talk things over with Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas about the preparations for the new season.

"The SPL is a thrilling new challenge for me and I'm looking forward to our opening game at St Mirren. And, of course, we're at home to champions Celtic in the fourth game of the season."
    He added: "I can play anywhere in defence but I prefer centre-half.
    "I've enjoyed physical battles with traditional centre forwards, like Kevin Davies of Bolton Wanderers and Kenwyne Jones of Stoke City.
    "Those are the types of duels I relish."

Manager Butcher said: "I'm delighted that Gary is now our player.
    "It's good to land a player of his quality on freedom of contract and I'm confident he'll make an impact with us."

Uploads

Coventry: Transfer embargo lifted

COVENTRY TRANSFER EMBARGO LIFTED

Coventry have had their transfer embargo lifted by the Football League, who have now signed off the club's accounts.
    The Sky Blues were placed under a temporary embargo in March after failing to file their accounts on time and have subsequently missed out on several transfer targets.
    Chief executive Tim Fisher told the club's official website: "This is positive news for the club on many levels. In short, the lifting of the embargo means that the club can start to move forward with plans we have for the new season.

"We now move on. Recently, whomever I have spoken to or met, has asked the same, simple question - when is the embargo going to be lifted?
    "Everyone has recognised that to move forward, we need to start trading again. Lifting the embargo will provide a big boost for everyone at the club.
    "Andy Thorn and Steve Waggott can now push on with implementing the squad plans they have worked so hard to put together in readiness for this decision."
    Coventry were relegated to npower League One at the end of last season.

Uploads

Jamie Mackie: Excited about the new season ahead

MACKIE HAILS QPR OWNERS AMBITION

Jamie Mackie has praised the financial input from QPR's owners and insists it underlines their growth as a Premier League club.
    The Hoops finished a point above the relegation zone last season despite being beaten 3-2 by Manchester City in a frenetic encounter on the final day of the season.
    Rangers manager Mark Hughes vowed his side would never be in that position again and has redoubled his efforts to assimilate a squad better equipped to handle the rigours of the top-flight.
    Andy Johnson and Ryan Nelsen have already been signed, while experienced full-back Clint Hill was handed a new one-year deal, which are deals that Mackie believes outlines the ambition of the club.

"With the backing that the chairman and owners are willing to put in, and have put in already, I feel that the club is going to go on from strength to strength from here," he told Sky Sports News.
    "It's exciting times; we've already made a few signings which is quite early, and good for the lads who are coming in."
    The Scotland international is currently bracing himself for pre-season training but is still perturbed about the manner in which they were defeated at the Etihad Stadium.

Rangers were winning 2-1 with just 24 minutes to go before they were undone by two stoppage time strikes which ultimately handed City the title.
    It merely served to add to an afternoon of high drama as Manchester United thought they had claimed the title after beating Sunderland, only for City to produce their historic moment.
    "I'm still a little bit gutted and I think a few of the boys are that we actually didn't get anything," added Mackie of that final game.
    "We probably should have seen the game out, however the mean thing with us is that we stayed up and kick on this year.
    "Yes, it was an exciting game, but depending on who you support some people were happy and some people weren't.
    "However, we have to be selfish and luckily enough at the end of it we stayed up."

Uploads

De Rossi: 'Feels attraction' for Premier League

DE ROSSI: ENGLISH CLUBS WANT ME

Daniele De Rossi has admitted he is attracted by the Barclays Premier League ahead of Italy's European Championship clash with England.
    De Rossi, who signed a new five-year contract with Roma in February, appeared to reignite speculation about his future on Wednesday when he claimed English football was "more interesting" than its Italian counterpart.
    The midfielder has previously been linked with Manchester City and Manchester United and claimed he had received several offers to defect to the Premier League.

He said: "I have received many offers from English football. And I must say that I feel attraction for it.
    "I like English football very much. I think now it's probably more interesting than Italian football.
    "There are lots of outstanding and talented players, as is the case for Spain as well."
    De Rossi's versatility makes him particularly attractive for potential suitors, with the 28-year-old having played both in defence and midfield for club and country this season.

He admitted he preferred the midfield anchor role, a position that would put him in direct confrontation with his "idol" in Sunday's quarter-final.
    De Rossi revealed he dreamt of playing more like England captain Gerrard, who has shone for the Three Lions during Euro 2012.
    He said: "Steven Gerrard has always been my idol. Since 10 years ago, he is among the best in the world.
    "You see Gerrard defending and attacking here and there. I would like to be able to play more like that."
    Italy boss Cesare Prandelli must decide whether to unleash Mario Balotelli on England this weekend.
    The City striker is notorious for testing the patience of managers and team-mates alike.
    De Rossi could not have summed up the mixed feelings towards the Manchester City forward better as Balotelli's name once again dominated another press conference.

Asked about the "scandals" that have dogged Balotelli since his move to England, De Rossi said: "Mario and his tabloids issue? Ask him.
    "I don't know if he's bothered, or maybe he is just feeding them too much.
    "Of course, sometimes, he commits some mistakes off the pitch. But it's his responsibility.
    "He simply has to accept the manager's decision."
    Fellow midfielder Alessandro Diamanti was hoping to keep his place against England having made his finals debut in Monday's 2-0 triumph over the Republic of Ireland.

"I have a chance to play in a game that, only a couple of years ago, I could only dream of playing on the PlayStation," he said.
    "I never gave up hope and I've worked hard for it.
    "I will do everything that I can to help my team progress to the next round."

Uploads

McGlynn: Could return to Hearts

HEARTS SET FOR McGLYNN TALKS

Raith Rovers have granted Hearts permission to speak to their manager John McGlynn.
    The Jambos are on the lookout for a new boss after Paulo Sergio confirmed earlier this month he was leaving the Tynecastle club after rejecting a new contract.
    McGlynn was previously a coach at Hearts and served as caretaker manager on two occasions.
    A statement on Raith's website confirmed: "Raith Rovers FC announces that Heart of Midlothian FC have formally sought permission to speak to John McGlynn regarding the vacant manager's position at Tynecastle.

"The board of directors has an excellent relationship with John and has no wish to stand in the way of his career progression should an opportunity arise for him.
    "Accordingly we have acceded to Hearts' request."
    Sergio left Hearts when talks broke down over a new deal within weeks of leading the Edinburgh club to success in the William Hill Scottish Cup with an emphatic 5-1 win over city rivals Hibernian in the final.

The Portuguese had taken up the reins at Gorgie last August before becoming the ninth man to leave the post under majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov.
    The club confirmed first-team coach Gary Locke would remain following Sergio's departure and would be part of the new coaching set-up.
    Hearts have now turned their attention to McGlynn as they seek to fill the hotseat.
    McGlynn joined Raith in 2006 and guided them to promotion to the Irn-Bru First Division in 2009. The Fife club finished seventh last season.

Uploads

Aquilani: Was on loan at Milan last season

MILAN SHOW INTEREST IN AQUILANI

AC Milan have not ruled out the possibility of signing Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani before the transfer window closes.
    The Italian midfielder played on loan at Milan last season, where he scored one goal in 23 league appearances for the Rossoneri.
    Milan are looking to reinforce their midfield line with Clarence Seedorf, Gennaro Gattuso and Mathieu Flamini all out of contract this summer.
    "Before August 31, another midfielder will arrive, it could be Aquilani or somebody else," Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "We haven't spoken yet to Aquilani. He is a Liverpool player."

Aquilani's agent Franco Zavaglia revealed yesterday he had not received any offers for his client and that the 27-year-old midfielder was set to return to Liverpool.
    Aquilani is under contract with the Premier League side until June 2014 but is considered the ideal replacement for Flamini, who will not be offered a new deal at Milan.
    "The time has expired for Flamini and we have already told his lawyer that we will not wait any longer," Galliani said.
    The former Arsenal midfielder joined Milan in 2008 but missed most of last season with a serious knee injury.
    The Frenchman will become a free agent next month.

Uploads

Green: Signs for QPR

ROB GREEN PENS QPR DEAL

QPR have signed England goalkeeper Robert Green on a two-year deal.
    Green, who has 12 caps, will arrive at Loftus Road on July 1 when his contract with West Ham expires.
    "Rob is someone with vast experience at international and Premier League level and his pedigree speaks for itself," QPR boss Mark Hughes said.
    Green is part of the England squad competing at Euro 2012 and joins QPR after spending six years at West Ham.
    The 32-year-old has amassed over 480 club appearances during a 13-year professional career that started at Norwich.
    "It was important we brought another quality keeper into the group," Hughes said.

"Rob's got all the characteristics of a top keeper and he'll be a huge addition for us who will stimulate the goalkeeping group, which can only be good for the squad as a whole."
    Green was offered fresh terms by West Ham, who won promotion to the Premier League last season, but wanted to move on.
    "I'm delighted to be here," Green said.
    "I'm excited about the challenge ahead and hugely encouraged by the direction in which the owners and Mark Hughes are looking to take the club.
    "It's an exciting period for everybody connected to QPR and I can't wait to get started."

Uploads

Schieber: Moving to Borussia Dortmund

DORTMUND AGREE SCHIEBER DEAL

Borussia Dortmund have agreed a deal with Stuttgart for the transfer of Julian Schieber to the Bundesliga champions.
    The 23-year-old will sign a four-year contract in Dortmund upon the successful completion of a medical in the Westphalian city.
    Schieber, who spent the 2010/11 season on loan at Nurnberg, makes the move for an undisclosed fee and should fill the void left by the sale of Lucas Barrios to Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande.

"We are delighted to have signed a young German player in Julian Schieber," said Dortmund's director of sport Michael Zorc.
    "He fits perfectly into our team and has huge potential."
    Schieber scored a brace in arguably the most entertaining Bundesliga game of last season when Dortmund were held to a 4-4 draw at home to Stuttgart.

Uploads

Laudrup: New Swansea manager

LAUDRUP NOT PLANNING MAJOR CHANGE

New Swansea manager Michael Laudrup does not intend to make wholesale changes to the backroom staff at the Liberty Stadium or bring in a host of new players.
    Laudrup also admitted he had to research the club before accepting the offer to succeed Brendan Rodgers.
    The 48-year-old former Barcelona and Real Madrid midfielder said: "I didn't know so much (about Swansea), to be honest.
    "I think the research is very important. If I had done some more research in former jobs I might have taken some other decisions," added Laudrup, who has also coached Getafe, Spartak Moscow and Real Mallorca.
    "The people I talked to were very positive (about Swansea). People said 'Michael it would be a good club for you'."
    Laudrup, who won 104 caps for Denmark, revealed he would not be making changes in a hurry.

"I would like a new beginning, to come in and see how things are here. Change for change's sake, I don't think that is good."
    Laudrup would not be drawn over midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, who performed well on loan at Swansea from German club Hoffenheim last season.
    Swansea hope to sign the Iceland international midfielder on a permanent basis but Rodgers has admitted he would like to take him to Liverpool.
    Laudrup said: "It's a special case. He was on loan here and did very well.
    "He has a possibility to go to another club. He is owned by a German club. I would like him to stay, he did very well here."
    Laudrup revealed he had spoken to chairman Huw Jenkins at length about the possibility of making new signings.

"To sign seven or eight players does not make sense," he added.
    Jenkins said Laudrup's pedigree had been a big factor in the club bringing him in as the new manager.
    He said: We're delighted to have somebody with Michael's background. It's great for us as a club that Michael has joined us.
    "The most important thing is finding the right person with the personality to forge the right sort of relationship.
    "We are really looking forward to taking the club forward and carrying on the good work we have done in the last two years."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast