Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 22-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 22-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 22-06-2012

Bojan Krkic: Linked with summer move.

BOJAN PLANS ROMA STAY

Bojan Krkic has no intention to leave Roma this summer despite speculation linking him with the likes of Liverpool and big-spending Malaga.
    Bojan, 21, moved to the Giallorossi outfit from Barcelona last summer in a 10million transfer deal and is a reported target of several clubs, including Spanish side Malaga and Premier League outfit Liverpool.

"I will remain at Roma because I believe it is the best option for me," Krkic said to Corriere dello Sport. "I am very happy and satisfied with my first year in Italy.

"I think next season will be the most important year of my career and I want to my best in the Italian league."
    Bojan scored seven goals in 33 league appearances for Roma this season and is under contract with the Eternal City giants until June 2013.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-06-2012

Grant Holt: Set to talk with Hughton

GRANT HOLT SET TO HAVE TALKS

Grant Holt's agent claims the striker will wait until he has talked with new Norwich manager Chris Hughton before deciding on his future.
    The 31-year-old, who scored 15 goals to help keep the Canaries in the Barclays Premier League, handed in a transfer request at the end of the season, which was rejected by the club.

Norwich chief executive David McNally knocked back reports newly promoted West Ham had tabled a 4million bid for the former Rochdale striker, who reiterated his desire to move on following Paul Lambert's departure to Aston Villa, which is another possible destination for the centre-forward.
    However, after being appointed as manager two week's ago, Hughton insisted his "main priority" was to keep Holt at Carrow Road.
    The Canaries boss is to shortly return from holiday and is then likely to sit down with the Norwich skipper to try to resolve issues, which are said to be over a contract extension.

Holt's representative Lee Payne said in the Norwich Evening News: "It is difficult to make any comment with Chris Hughton out of the country and I wouldn't want to comment either way until Chris is back."
    Hughton has already moved to tie up versatile Scotland defender Russell Martin on a new deal, while midfielder Andrew Surman has also this week penned fresh terms.

Uploads

Hulk: Linked with Chelsea and PSG

PORTO - NO HULK BIDS LODGED

Portuguese champions Porto insist that, despite claims to the contrary, they are yet to receive any bids for highly-rated striker Hulk.
    The Samba star has been heavily linked with a move away from Estadio do Dragao for some time, but a hefty price tag has left interested parties reluctant to dig deep.
    It is, however, being suggested that Chelsea and Paris St Germain could be about to make their move.
    Both clubs are bankrolled by billionaire owners and have the funds to make a deal happen.

Hulk has expressed a desire to link up with UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, suggesting they are in pole position to secure his signature.
    The Blues have yet to make an official approach, though, with Porto adamant that they have held no transfer talks.
    "At the moment, Porto have not been contacted by any club to discuss the sale of our player," said club president Pinto da Costa.
    "There are no offers on the table.
    "That is the truth, despite what the papers say about Chelsea and PSG. Those stories are simply rumours. If you believe what they say, Hulk has already left us."

Uploads

Luuk de Jong: Hasn't ruled out Newcastle

MAGPIES GIVEN DE JONG HOPE

Luuk de Jong's agent has suggested that the striker would be interested in joining Newcastle , if a fee can be agreed with FC Twente.
    It was reported earlier this week that the Magpies had tabled an 8million bid for De Jong, who was part of the Netherlands' squad for Euro 2012.
    The 21-year-old has been a long-term target for Newcastle boss Alan Pardew, and has been linked with the likes of Liverpool and Fiorentina in the past.
    There remains fierce competition to sign the forward, with his agent Louis Laros claiming De Jong has already shunned advances from some clubs.
    However, with reports claiming Twente want at least 12.5million for De Jong, his representative is now waiting for any suitors to meet the Dutch club's demands.

"I can only confirm that there has been interest from Newcastle in Luuk," Laros told the Journal.
    "I know that Newcastle are following him, that is no secret, but a club must first agree a fee with FC Twente and so far this has not happened. I really don't know what will happen next.
    "It is not up to us at this moment, it is up to those clubs to show an interest and agree a financial deal with Twente.
    "They are not the only club that has shown an interest, there has been a lot of clubs from all over Europe. More than five or six - but that is normal for a player who has scored 25 goals in the Eredivisie and is in the national side.

"It has got to be the right club for Luuk, and a club that Luuk likes. He has already rejected several clubs who are interested because they are not the right move. I can confirm that Newcastle are not one of the clubs that he has rejected.
    "He would be the perfect fit for the Premier League. He is only young and there is no doubt about his quality - no-one is debating that.
    "Now the most important thing is to find the right club for Luuk, which is what we will do."

Uploads

Emnes: Reportedly wanted by Swansea

SWANS DENY MAKING NEW EMNES BID

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has denied media reports that the club have made a recent bid for Middlesbrough striker Marvin Emnes.
    The Swans enquired about Emnes at the end of last season and have been reported to have returned with a 3million offer for the Dutchman.
    However, Jenkins told the club's official website, swanseacity.net: "We made an enquiry with Middlesbrough six weeks ago regarding Marvin's availability. We needed to test the water.

"But that was six weeks ago when Brendan Rodgers was the manager. We have certainly not made an enquiry since then.
    "Having just appointed a new manager in Michael Laudrup, all current and new options are being assessed. Michael, with the help of the recruitment staff, will decide over the next few weeks the direction we take regarding potential new signings.
    "It's important our supporters are aware of this and not to read too much into the host of names being linked with the club at present or in the future."

Emnes, 24, enjoyed a successful one-month loan spell at Swansea in October 2010. He became an instant hero after scoring the winning goal against south Wales rivals Cardiff.

Uploads

Stephen Dobbie: Flattered by Celtic link

DOBBIE OPEN TO CELTIC MOVE

Stephen Dobbie admits he is "flattered" to have been linked with a move to Celtic as he waits to learn if he is part of new Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup's plans.
    The forward appeared set to leave Swansea during the summer after spending the end of last season on loan at Blackpool, who reportedly want Dobbie on a permanent basis.
    However, Laudrup has recently replaced Brendan Rodgers as manager at the Liberty Stadium and has yet to make any decisions regarding the players at his disposal.

Celtic, Bristol City and Middlesbrough have all been linked with a bid for the 29-year-old and Dobbie would be open to the prospect of joining the SPL champions.
    "The first I heard about an interest from Celtic was when I was on holiday," said the former Rangers youngster in the Daily Record.
    "But it was newspaper speculation and I haven't heard anything official.

"I'm still a Swansea player and we have a new boss so that's my situation. But who wouldn't be flattered at reports of Celtic being interested in you?
    "They're a massive club, they have a terrific support and they will also be striving to get into the Champions League next season.
    "It's something any player would want to look at and I'm no different."

Uploads

Mudingayi: Wanted by Inter Milan

INTER JOIN RACE FOR MUDINGAYI

Inter Milan have joined the race to sign Bologna midfielder Gaby Mudingayi.
    The 30-year-old midfielder has attracted the attention of several clubs after a fine campaign with the Rossoblu outfit.
    Mudingayi made 34 league appearances to help Bologna finish in a respectable ninth position this season.
    "Inter have asked us for Mudingayi, just like other clubs have," Bologna president Albano Guaraldi told www.fcinternews.it.

"There are several clubs interested in him and we will evaluate the market before making a decision."
    Mudingayi joined Bologna from Lazio in 2008 and is under contract with the Rossoblu outfit for another season.

Uploads

Gebre Selassie: Signs for Werder Bremen

BREMEN SIGN GEBRE SELASSIE

Werder Bremen have beaten off competition from around Europe to sign Czech Republic right-back Theodor Gebre Selassie from Slovan Liberec.
    Gebre Selassie has signed a four-year deal for a fee reported to be in the region of two million euros.
    The 25-year-old played a key role in Liberec winning the Gambrinus Liga last season and also impressed in the Czech's run to the quarter-finals at Euro 2012 before their elimination by Portugal last night.

"We are pleased that we were able to convince Theodor to come here despite a multitude of offers," Werder's general manager Klaus Allofs told the club's official website.
    "He is a very talented right-back who has made a good impression at the European Championship."
    Gebre Selassie said: "The decision to join Werder Bremen is definitely the right one.
    "Werder are a club with a lot of stability and tradition, they always set their goals very high. I want to follow up a successful season with Liberec by playing well for Bremen."

Uploads

Shinji Kagawa: Manchester United deal

MAN UNITED COMPLETE KAGAWA SIGNING

Manchester United have completed the signing of Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund on a four-year deal.
    Kagawa passed a medical with the Old Trafford outfit and has now tied up the loose ends of a transfer Sir Alex Ferguson expects will prove a big success.
    "Shinji is an exciting young midfielder with great skill, vision and a good eye for goal," said Ferguson.
    "I am delighted he has chosen to come to United.
    "I believe he will make an impact upon the team very quickly as he is suited to United's style of play.
    "We are all looking forward to working with him."

Kagawa is United's second capture of the summer, following the arrival of England Under-19 international Nick Powell from Crewe.
    Ferguson has been under pressure to strengthen his midfield for two years now, with many fans believing it lacks quality compared to a number of United's rivals.
    Paul Scholes did abandon his retirement in the middle of last season and, together with Ryan Giggs, has signed on for a further year with the Red Devils.
    However, with question marks over the fitness of Anderson and Darren Fletcher, who is still to attempt a comeback after it was revealed he was suffering a bowel complaint, Ferguson had to make a move.
    United did miss out on Lille's highly-talented playmaker Eden Hazard, who opted to join Chelsea.
    However, Kagawa does bring some impressive statistics to United.

The 23-year-old helped Dortmund land successive German titles and scored 17 times in addition to claiming 13 assists as they also went on to complete the double last season.
    Having been ruled out of Olympic duty in London this summer, it is anticipated Kagawa will be part of United's pre-season tour to South Africa and China.
    He should also avoid claims of being little more than a signing to sell shirts, a label that was attached to Park Ji-sung for so long.
    "This is a challenge I am really looking forward to," said Kagawa.
    "The Premier League is the best league in the world and Manchester United is such a massive club.
    "This is a really exciting time for me. I can't wait to meet the team and start playing."

Uploads

Sebastian Giovinco: Signs new deal

GIOVINCO SIGNS NEW JUVENTUS DEAL

Sebastian Giovinco has signed a three-year contract with Juventus.
    The Italy striker, who is currently on Euro 2012 duty, returns to the Bianconeri on a permanent transfer from Parma.
    Giovinco was part-owned by Juve and Parma, and the latter now sold the remaining portion of his sporting rights.
    "In the deal, Juventus will pay Parma for the next three seasons a total of 11million euros," read a statement on the club's website, www.juventus.it.

The 25-year-old had scored 15 league goals to help Parma defend their Serie A status this season.
    Giovinco, who started his career at Juve, was also a reported target of Barcelona, Manchester City and Inter Milan this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast